(Topic ID: 70698)

Lakeland Tennessee (Back to Cincy and wanted to Thank all)

By RWH

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0527.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Hey guys I'm going to Lakeland Tenn. this coming weekend for a few days and was wondering if there's anywhere I can go to play pins in the wild????? I'd really love to find a WOZ for me and my grandson, but I realize that's a long shot ( a pinhead can dream can't he)! Any locations you can tell me about will be greatly appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Bump, need my fix guys. Too many pinheads in Tenn. for no one to know where I can go. Help!!!!

#3 10 years ago

SAMBEAUX
    Member Posted: Feb 2, 2011 9:59 pm Quote
    Garibaldi's off Walker over near the UofM has 2 or 3. Pizza is cheap but sucks.
    joseph t
    Member Posted: Feb 3, 2011 8:30 am Quote
    Star Trek Next Generation machine at Loren'z Aftershock. Don't go in there alone.

I grabbed these off a pinball in Memphis post. Doesn't sound like there is much that way. Around the Nashville area we have Game Galaxy but I'm guessing that's atleast a 3-4 hour drive from Lakeland.

#4 10 years ago

Thx Moose, I'll check them out alone before I take my grandson just to be safe. Looking at your moniker, are you a Moose member????? I am and have been for over twenty years!

#5 10 years ago

Haha and after doing a search to see what machines are in each location, couldn't find what machines are at Garibaldis and I now understand the "don't go in alone" comment, it's also a gay bar.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

Haha and after doing a search to see what machines are in each location, couldn't find what machines are at Garibaldis and I now understand the "don't go in alone" comment, it's also a gay bar.

Oh Goody!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Thx Moose, I'll check them out alone before I take my grandson just to be safe. Looking at your moniker, are you a Moose member????? I am and have been for over twenty years!

No, Moose is a nickname I've had since middle school, even got a cartoony Moose tattoo when I turned 18. I know it's still far but if y'all are looking for a WOZ, I'll be setting mine up Sunday (hate waiting) so if you are ever in the Nashville area feel free to send me a message, other then mine and volunteerpin's in Knoxville those are the only WOZ I know of in TN

#9 10 years ago

I'm in Chattanooga and there's nothing around us at all except one retail store which does have a WOZ on the sales floor, as of last time I was there. The closest for me is also Game Galaxy in Nashville, but not sure how close that is to Lakeland.

#10 10 years ago

WOZ on location in Gatlinburg at the space needle

#11 10 years ago

PM sent

Garibaldi's pizza is actually very good. The conditions of their pins not so much... They have a Sopranos and a Grand Prix that halfway work and a Last Action Hero that's been DOA for years. There's a beat to death Elvis Gold at Incredible Pizza in Cordova and a POTC at Chucky Cheese. Location pinball in Memphis is sadly a thing of the past.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from jruddr:

WOZ on location in Gatlinburg at the space needle

I was there a couple weeks ago and all I saw was Iron Man..

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from TZ68:

I was there over the summer and all I saw was a transformers LE

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the info from all of you. I'll get somewhere even if it's not the best pins in town as playing any pin is better than none at all!!!!

#15 10 years ago

Transformers Le was there the first time I went then the next time it was woz.

#16 10 years ago

Don't play fumbleflippers for money!

#17 10 years ago

Not exactly location pinball, but I've got three pins set up at my new business - ATV Memphis. I've got a Cyclone, NBA Fast Break and a Tron…all on free play. Let me know if you'd like to stop by and I'll send you the address.

I agree with Erik, don't play fumbleflippers for money…I think he's got high scores on at least two of my machines!

IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0527.JPG

#18 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I was gonna fleece this sucker and his grandkid for their entire life savings and you just blew it up!
    It's hard out here for a pin hustler.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your input, I got within sight of Garibaldi's but never got the chance to go in and play Just had to much going on to get a moment to myself..... Lakeland is a very unusual city, where we were (off main street) one side of the street was Lakeland and the other side was Cordova and just up the street it was Bartlet at Germantown rd. Special Thx to you fumbleflippers for your gracious offer and for not Fleecing us Yankee's!!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from TZ68:

Yep, there 2 days ago. For some reason I thought Buddy had a WOZ there. Got to put my first game on an IM. Very fun. Hopefully I'll have a chance to play it more in the future.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lakeside-tennessee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.