Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GOOSE202
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Working on the sound board for my LAH for the past while, it wasn't doing a thing with lots of ics not showing any activity. Solved that problem tonight so when I turn the game on I hear Arnold say I'll be back but that's the only sound I get even in diagnostic mode. I don't get any music or voice sound beside arnold at the opening. I have replaced the ROMS and RAM and one of the PAL ics. I have moved the jumpers around and having them at w4 and w7 seems to work. What could be my issue of no music or other voices after the inital game turn on?

#2 10 years ago

Where did you get the roms from? I remember having an issue with my LAH (I could never forget to be fair) the roms I got from the Stern page we're corrupt, the ones on IPDB were not. So my suggestion is to try the romset from IPDB

#3 10 years ago

I bought the ROMS off seller on ebay who I have bought ROMs from before and never had a problem with anything I got from him in the past.So I am hoping it isn't the ROMS.

2 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

Great news, the sound board is working! There were a few bad chips on the board, the PAL chip at U20 was bad, the chip at U3 was bad and lastnight I replaced the 74LS373 at U5 and now the sound works.

1 month later
#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the update!

mike

3 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

Hi, I experienced this exact issue today. I turned off the machine, turned the volume knob inside the cabinet to both extremes, started it back up and it worked fine.
I'm trying to figure out what caused it.
I think it happens whenever I move the machine. Given your experience with this, did you ever turn the volume knob while troubleshooting this?
Thanks!

4 months later
#7 9 years ago

Hello.....H.E.L.P. I'm in distress over my LAH. Everything seem to be getting on track after replacing my dot matrix board which was not working right then the sound just stopped working and the kicker trans started to burn, got it out just in a nick of time before the plastic started to melt. Everything else works fine and I still get the the point score for the kicked when the ball goes up the slot, just doesn't kick out until I replace the trans/motor for it. Any ideals on what to do here and guidance since I'm a new-be to fixing pinball machines, and since I have no choice I'm trying to get it done by myself and was advised to send out the sound and CPU board to get checked out, should I go this route 1st as it is a little costly to do. And hate to be charged 90.00 each to check a board if there is nothing wrong with either one. Also whom is best to buy the roms from on the sound board. I checked the knob in the box and that seem to be fine bug since I really don't know what I'm looking at I'm just guessing here.
215-969-1999 if anyone wants guide me on the phone while I'm in the at the machine .
Thanks...
Frank

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-sound-issues-all-i-get-is-arnold-saying-i-will-be-back-when-game-turned-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.