D.jpg
C.jpg
B.jpg
A.jpg
LAH3.jpg
LAH2.jpg
LAH1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Picked up a LAH about a week or so ago. It's 100% functional but is straight up filthy! I'm pretty sure she's never had a bath. Anyway, started on the lower end tonight. Replacing rubbers, new flipper bats, lots of novus 1 & 2, adding spot lights and Replacing GI's with LED's as I go. First DE pin. Kinda of a pain in the ass you cant access the GI bulbs from below the PF. Anyway, Gonna shop it in sections since I don't trust myself to tear it all down at once. Thought I'd share my progress as I go. Here are a few pics from tonight's session on the lower end. The first pic is of the PF the day I bought it. Cheers.

LAH1.jpgLAH1.jpg LAH2.jpgLAH2.jpg LAH3.jpgLAH3.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Damn, how'd I miss those??? I placed an order with PBL the other day too. LOL. Oh well, the generics I just put on will work for now.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Jlanderson85:

Anyway, Gonna shop it in sections since I don't trust myself to tear it all down at once. Thought I'd share my progress as I go.

A Lil- Here and a Lil- There , after a while You'll be Stripping the p/f Clean . Get's to be like a Puzzle

Have Fun !!!

#5 11 years ago

In this world the bad guys can win

#6 11 years ago

Looking good so far. In my time of having a Last Action Hero I had never noticed that the mode insert lights were on the end of dynamite sticks. The scoop / ticket wear doesn't look too bad either.

I do see you are continuing the tradition of just placing randomly colored lights in the condomed bulb locations. I never really understood why almost every LAH is like that. Usually more above the double scoop than in the Ripper lights.

I really enjoyed my LAH while I had it and wasn't quite tired of it when I sold it off. It's an exciting time to have one knowing that someone is tinkering with the ROMs to change things up a bit. Enjoy and good luck with the ongoing shop job.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I do see you are continuing the tradition of just placing randomly colored lights in the condomed bulb locations. I never really understood why almost every LAH is like that. Usually more above the double scoop than in the Ripper lights.

I alternated yellow and blue CT Frosted and put a red frosted for the final Ripper lite. I feel like these are a bit bright though, will probably go back with something a little less bright.

#8 11 years ago

I see your added spotlight on the right sling. Did it noticeably brighten up the playfield there? Are you planning on adding more?

#9 11 years ago

Funny, I just added a spotlight to each of the slings on my LAH yesterday. It does brighten the play field some. More importantly, it makes the ball much more visible, since it is reflective. The spotlights do cast a shadow that I don't like, since the mounting point is so low to the playfield; I have some 1.5" hex spacers on order to fix that problem.

#10 11 years ago

Nice grab. LAH is a fun game.

#11 11 years ago

Love the game!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's an exciting time to have one knowing that someone is tinkering with the ROMs to change things up a bit. blockquote>

I must have missed something. Could someone point me toward info about this?

#14 11 years ago

Thanks caker

#15 11 years ago

Had some time to work on the LAH today so thought I'd update my progress, for those who care. LOL. Moved on to the right side today, removed the wireforms and plastics and it was a mess. I went through a shit ton of Novus. Replaced rubbers and installed some more LED's into the GI's. I've been using Awesome to clean the plastics, then Novus 2 and 1 for some polish. I'm using red post sleeve's to replace to standard black ones. Love the colored sleeves. Everything has shined up nicely thus far and surprisingly I've had no hang up's to speak of.. The switch on the VUK needed some adjusting, so I was able to fix that small problem today also while I had everything on that side out. All in all it's coming along nicely. Attached a few pics, the first two are of some of the filth before any cleaning, the rest were as I went.

A.jpgA.jpg B.jpgB.jpg C.jpgC.jpg

#16 11 years ago

more...

D.jpgD.jpg E.jpgE.jpg F.jpgF.jpg

#17 11 years ago

more...

G.jpgG.jpg H.jpgH.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-shop-job and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.