5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for weeks and I'm about at wit's end. When the crane is in the right side position ready to be loaded for multiball lock, crazy stuff starts happening. This is the ONLY time it occurs. As soon as the switch is open again, and the crane moves, it stops firing the shooter lane any time the right flipper is pressed.

When crane right side limit switch is pressed in:

Pressing the right flipper button then the #5 trough switch causes the shooter lane switch to register while in test mode.
Pressing the right flipper button then the #5 trough switch causes the shooter lane plunger to fire while in gameplay AND attract mode.

I've done the following:

Replaced diode on Right Side Crane switch.
Replaced diode on Shooter Lane switch.
Replace diode on Trough #4.
Replaced the microprocessor on the CPU board.
Checked continuity all along the WHT-GRY wire.
Checked 5v and 12v at the power board, they're both fine. Holding the flipper up doesn't affect either.

And finally, just now, used jumpers to connect the pins with connectors for the switch matrix disconnected to jumper the right flipper and right crane limit switch....and then connect the #5 trough switch. Guess what...it still registered the shooter lane switch. This, to me, isolates this to some kind of board issue at this point.

What could possibly be bad on the board that would cause switch crossfiring? I have no idea. This is new to me. There's no alkaline damage anywhere that I can see. I already replaced the microprocessor which was my prime suspect to start with. HALP.

#2 5 years ago

Looking at the schematic, the only thing I can think of is the 6821 PIA or the 4001 ICs...

#3 5 years ago

Bueller? :\

#4 5 years ago

*sigh*

*orders parts and starts shotgunning crap*

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leon_Borre_Data_East_CPU_Board_Repair
There isn't much info on pinwiki about testing data east switch matrix but it is very similar to williams.

Interesting, but not terribly relevant. That guide is more for CPU's that aren't booting. I've never had any issue with this one not booting or even resetting.

#8 5 years ago

Hell no I didn't use diodes, because I'm a MORON! There's no way on earth I'm going to be able to test that WITH diodes. I'm just going to call a tech and let him do his thing. I'm trying to sell this and I'm tired of sinking my time into it. It's just not worth it. I thought diodes when doing individual jumpers weren't needed? Haha.

Don't have a logic probe that I know of. I had one a few years ago, but never had a use for it, and it wasn't a clip type so it was basically useless without shorting out tons of crap.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Be glad to help if you want to continue troubleshooting.

I barely got my crappy ghetto jumpers on there the first time.. no way I can do that with diodes too without shorting something. I'm just over it. I need a car, not a stupid pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-shooter-lane-fires-when-crane-right-side-and-r-flip-button-press?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.