(Topic ID: 113712)

LAH Pinballbulbs LED kit installed - Wow!

By MT45

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141228_184743.jpg
20141228_185144.jpg
20141228_184738 (1).jpg
20141228_190012.jpg
20141228_185209.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Thought I'd share some pics and a 10 second video of the black friday LED kit I ordered from Pinballbulbs.com.

I think the kit was fantastic and after install, looks the same. Very pleased with price, product and service.

20141228_185209.jpg20141228_185209.jpg

20141228_190012.jpg20141228_190012.jpg

20141228_184738 (1).jpg20141228_184738 (1).jpg

20141228_184738 (1).jpg20141228_184738 (1).jpg

20141228_185144.jpg20141228_185144.jpg 20141228_184743.jpg20141228_184743.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Looks nice....but I would have kept the lights above the scoops the proper colors. This is a bit tricky as you see them so many different colors. At the very least all of the question mark lights should be green to match the green "Find Benedict" mode insert (which is the only mode those ? lights are used for).

The LED GI and added spotlights really brightens up the game.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice and I'll make the change. Funny, that's how the machine was set up orginally. Makes sense in order to have the lights match the mode. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are right in how much it brightens up the game ... the kit comes with 2 double spots and 2 LED light strips. Blue strip for rear and white for ball arch area. Really like the look. Game looks brand new,

#4 9 years ago

That game looks awesome!

Their extras in the kits really set them apart.
No dark center areas!

#5 9 years ago

Looks great. I bet it looks even better in person.

#6 9 years ago

Their kits really are very nice. I usually am not a fan of prebuilt kits in such a way, but the pinballbulbs.com kits are really well thought out and make the games glow.

#7 9 years ago

thanks for posting this, Im gonna take a few hints from this since im shopping out my LAH right now.

#8 9 years ago

Is PinballBulbs.Com one of the best places to order kits from??
Thanks!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Is PinballBulbs.Com one of the best places to order kits from??
Thanks!

I've ordered from Cointaker and thier kits are great also. The difference will be that the Pinballbulb deluxe kits will include extra lighting, like spotlights, LED strips, etc. They will also change out colors from original color theme in order to present a more unified color scheme.

#10 9 years ago

It's nice to see LED jobs properly done. Seems like most turn out looking like a bag of skittles!

Nice pin!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Looks nice....but I would have kept the lights above the scoops the proper colors. This is a bit tricky as you see them so many different colors. At the very least all of the question mark lights should be green to match the green "Find Benedict" mode insert (which is the only mode those ? lights are used for).
The LED GI and added spotlights really brightens up the game.

Yes, agreed! I kinda remember just color matching what was there.

Is there a consensus on the original colors for those two scoops? I do like keeping the above PF sign lights the same. That's actually where we use most of our yellows.

#12 9 years ago

When I made the kit I just matched the colors of what was there with those condom sleeves.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Yes, agreed! I kinda remember just color matching what was there.
Is there a consensus on the original colors for those two scoops? I do like keeping the above PF sign lights the same. That's actually where we use most of our yellows.

The right bulb on the left and center scoop is green along with the bulb on the right scoop.The bulb on the left of the left scoop is yellow and the one on the left of the center scoop is blue. Mike

#14 9 years ago

I miss my Last Action Hero.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

When I made the kit I just matched the colors of what was there with those condom sleeves.

Yes, but if you search pictures for LAH on the web you will see that the colors are all over the place (condoms or LEDs) in those locations. I honestly forget what I finally ended up with, but I do remember all of the "?" bulbs being green. I remember that because they all matched the "Find Benedict" insert.

I'm thinking what psd4me listed is what I ended up with. I seem to remember the bulb above the left ramp (to light the mode light on the left side of the left scoop) was the same as the left, left scoop and both yellow. I remember thinking about changing them both to red since it is dynamite mode (and dynamite is usually thought of as red)....but I left them both stock at yellow.

UPDATE: Looking at a good picture of the flyer...it seems they are as psd4me listed.

PS: LAH sure did like it's condoms (16!!!).

#16 9 years ago

Yeah, changed my left scoop lamp back to yellow, then used the led OCD to tame it down, those are bright!

#17 9 years ago

no strobing effect? usually DE games strobe like crazy. And playing in the dark is impossible.

#18 9 years ago

Not 100% as it has been awhile since I played that LAH but I think the spots and Leds strips are on all the time even when the GI flashes, eliminating the strobing seizure effect.

#19 9 years ago

Look at the flyer for the scoop bulb colors. Thats what I did.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no strobing effect? usually DE games strobe like crazy. And playing in the dark is impossible.

I play in the dark all the time, the flipper led strip and back led strip are powered constantly by 12v so that provides some playfield light.

But, there is a cool new product coming out that is going to let you adjust the mix/max brightness on each GI string in DE games. It will be really nice to be able to do that, the flashing can be seizure inducing.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I play in the dark all the time, the flipper led strip and back led strip are powered constantly by 12v so that provides some playfield light.
But, there is a cool new product coming out that is going to let you adjust the mix/max brightness on each GI string in DE games. It will be really nice to be able to do that, the flashing can be seizure inducing.

On DE and Sega games I wire in spotlights to the backbox power so they stay one when the GI is flashing like a mother....

Makes playing in the dark bearable.

#22 9 years ago

I like it with GI on spots, and the new board will since these issues.

#23 9 years ago

i'll be looking forward to that.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It's nice to see LED jobs properly done. Seems like most turn out looking like a bag of skittles!
Nice pin!

Yeah it seems like PBB is the only company that actually gets kits right!

1 week later
#25 9 years ago

Did you add that reflector to the bulb attached to the right crane stop? Mine is just a bare frosted, its a good idea.

#26 9 years ago

Did you add that reflector to the bulb attached to the right crane stop? Mine is just a bare frosted, its a good idea.

Mine is bare too, but stock it came with a reflector.

#27 9 years ago

Ah, I'll have to add one, probably fell off from the vibration that spot gets and no one knew what it was for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-pinballbulbs-led-kit-installed-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.