Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

805865659.png
1481570902.png
2112156086.png
#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

Helping a friend with his LAH.

Replaced the magnet fuses under the playfield, put in a new magnet board from homepin, and I still get no activity from the magnets. What should I check next?

Also the ripper kickback stopped firing. Wires are not broken, the connector under the playfield is secure. I forgot to test if it was getting power. I’ll do that next time. The switch in front of the ripper works.

Thanks for the help!

#2 3 years ago

Checking the schematics, it looks like both the magnet board and the ripper coil get their 50v supplies from the same source: a violet-yellow wire from J7-pin 3 of the PPB board. Before checking the ripper coil for voltage, I'd first pull out fuse F9 (the fuse for the 50v coil voltage) from the PPB board and check it with your meter. It's a 4 amp slow-blow fuse. Might have blown when the magnets failed or whatever led to the problem.

Since the schematics are kind of hard to follow (in my opinion), i marked the pertinent diagrams to show where I'm getting this info from.

Good luck!

1481570902.png1481570902.png2112156086.png2112156086.png805865659.png805865659.png
#3 3 years ago

Okay. The ripper worked before installing the new magnet board so I wonder if the fuse blew due to the new board. I’ll check that fuse next time I’m over there.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

Fixed with replacing that the 50v fuse. Thanks for the help!

Found out too that this game was full of improper valued fuses. We fixed all of that too.

Game is 100% now!

#5 3 years ago

Excellent!

Love an easy fix, congrats!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-magnet-and-ripper-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.