• Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

last action hero (resized).jpg
Wire (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Need some help here please as I am not familiar with DE games. My buddy's LAH has one set of flashers not working. They are the lower right playfield flashers 6R. The bulbs are good. I get continuity all the way to the board connector. The TIP122 seems to check out fine as well as the little transistor next to it, and the resistor. The connectors seem to be good. The lower right scoop solenoid which I believe shares the TIP122 also works fine. I am not sure what else to check/do. Any suggestions from the tech gurus?

#2 4 years ago

Also, any idea what this wire goes to? It is in the back right of the backboard.

Wire (resized).JPGWire (resized).JPG
#5 4 years ago

Drummer - Seems I'm missing the lamp assembly over there. I figured it was for a bulb. Thank you. Anyone have a good pic of this area? IPDB only has a far away shot.

#6 4 years ago

Pinmike - Fuses are good. The connector looked good but I will redo it anyway just to eliminate that option, thanks.

#9 4 years ago

The flashers started working of their own accord. I am not messing with them unless they go out again.

Thank you for the pic. Luckily I have a spare socket like that. Had to drill out the rivet and bolt it on. Now the issue is that one strand of GI lamps doesn't work. I replaced the connector, pins and trifurcons and put in known good bulbs. I have connectivity from each lamp socket to each other and to the connector on both wires. I have good voltage when I test across the pins at the back/wire end of the connector but no voltage at any of the sockets. I don't see any shorts. How can I have continuity but no voltage?

#11 4 years ago

No results from wiggling. I must be missing a short.

#14 4 years ago

Thank you. Yeah I broke two fuse holders on the flipper board. Replaced all of them on that board.
I found the problem. Didn’t realize the gi wires went through two connectors on two different boards.
I think the reason I was getting a continuity tone was due to the pins being connected on the upper left board. When I pulled the wire out to double check the trifurcon, I lost connectivity. What a PITA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-flashers-not-working?tu=sealclubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.