6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by tonycip
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Not yet :-*

#52 5 years ago

Well, I presume it's quite an undertaking! I look forward to seeing how it works out, and would be happy to buy a set of the ROMs when they're ready. Please keep us updated when you get the chance!

Thanks!

#53 5 years ago

yes i would be in for those also.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

yes i would be in for those also.

+1

1 week later
#56 5 years ago

Same here. Also, let me know if you need someone to test something.

2 months later
#57 5 years ago

Count me in when finished.

1 month later
#58 5 years ago

i am also interested in getting this rom update.

1 month later
#59 4 years ago

Is there any update on this? I'm getting uber tired of the 3rd ball MB, it's making me almost want to sell it, and I doubt I would if that was turned off and you had to earn it, but you see it every game, so why go for the movie targets.

Even if you can create a rom with this feature gone it would be great as a starter.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Is there any update on this? I'm getting uber tired of the 3rd ball MB, it's making me almost want to sell it, and I doubt I would if that was turned off and you had to earn it, but you see it every game, so why go for the movie targets.
Even if you can create a rom with this feature gone it would be great as a starter.

Go into the menu and set multiball to extra hard. You don't automatically get the multiball unless you hit the captive balls x number of times. That will help at least, until this is released, if it ever is.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Go into the menu and set multiball to extra hard. You don't automatically get the multiball unless you hit the captive balls x number of times. That will help at least, until this is released, if it ever is.

Are you kidding me, you can do that?? What does that do though? I think you have to hit it like 4 or 5 times now. Does that keep the same number of shots to start MB, but just doesn't give it on 3rd ball, or does it change to say many more like 10 shots to start, and no 3rd ball MB?

Does this work the same on all the DE's with this issue?

#62 4 years ago

Yeah, I have it set so its something like 15 hits on the captive balls to start multiball. Not sure about other machines, but I would expect there's something like that. It seems like you're awarded hits for each ball, so if you don't hit any on the first two balls, you will not get automatic multiball.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Does this work the same on all the DE's with this issue?

Yes and no. Some have this option and some don't. I know that JP and TFTC do not have this option... yet...

1 month later
#64 4 years ago

How is this progressing, is it available to use?

3 weeks later
#65 4 years ago

Thank you all for waiting patiently on this mod. I have been hoping / working towards an official release on this firmware version for nearly 2 years, but at this point I have decided to provide my work as a patch file that you may apply on your own. I know this makes the mod more difficult for some of you to enjoy than simply clicking buy-it-now and having a shiny new eprom show up in the mail, but at the very least, many of you can enjoy the mod, with a little extra effort. You will need an eprom burner, or a friend, or service that will burn your image after you create it with my patch file. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I believe this is the best way to proceed given certain distribution obstacles. Please post comments if you do decide to try this out; I am anxious to hear your feedback! My cohorts and I at the Aker Arcade have been playing the mod'ed firmware for 2 years now and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

More details and download instructions here:
https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/

#66 4 years ago

WOOT! Gonna have someone get this for me. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

#67 4 years ago

Holy smokes! I can't thank you enough for the effort and dedication you put into this! Of course, I don't have my LAH anymore, but it went to a friend...so looks like we're gonna upgrade his LAH!

This is really big news, I'm surprised more people aren't falling over themselves to get this!

Great work, man!

#68 4 years ago

Thank you caker..it sounds like it's amazing. This will change the game and take it to another level. I just need instructions on how to burn it, is it a whole image or a patch? Can. Just download and burn your file like a regular rom file or no? Again thanks...donation will soon follow.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thank you caker..it sounds like it's amazing. This will change the game and take it to another level. I just need instructions on how to burn it, is it a whole image or a patch? Can. Just download and burn your file like a regular rom file or no? Again thanks...donation will soon follow.

Take a look at the link I posted; it has some instructions. You will need to apply my patch to the stock 1.12 CPU ROM, and burn that file to an eeprom.

#70 4 years ago

Bad ass, just texted the info to my friend who has a LAH so we can check it out.

If anyone has a burner and wants to help me out with that let me know by the way!

#71 4 years ago

Have you contacted John Wart about maybe offering this as an alternate ROM from his EPROM service?

Would make it a lot easier for people to just drop in a burned chip.

RussMyers

Quoted from caker137:

Thank you all for waiting patiently on this mod. I have been hoping / working towards an official release on this firmware version for nearly 2 years, but at this point I have decided to provide my work as a patch file that you may apply on your own. I know this makes the mod more difficult for some of you to enjoy than simply clicking buy-it-now and having a shiny new eprom show up in the mail, but at the very least, many of you can enjoy the mod, with a little extra effort. You will need an eprom burner, or a friend, or service that will burn your image after you create it with my patch file. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I believe this is the best way to proceed given certain distribution obstacles. Please post comments if you do decide to try this out; I am anxious to hear your feedback! My cohorts and I at the Aker Arcade have been playing the mod'ed firmware for 2 years now and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
More details and download instructions here:
https://sites.google.com/site/lahpinballmod/

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone has a burner and wants to help me out with that let me know by the way!

Same here, I'm willing to pay someone a bit for the trouble.

#73 4 years ago

I'm out cause I don't even know how to patch. I'm going to reach out to Markmon.

2 weeks later
#74 4 years ago

Why would 1.13 still deliver multiball on ball 3? I burned a rom, installed, and reset to default and free play. Still gives me multiball for free on ball 3.

Says version 1.13 during boot.

EDIT: OK, it doesn't give it to me automatically, but how can I make the first multiball harder to get even if you do hit the captive balls. Just set the multiball to harder in the menu?

#75 4 years ago

I got a copy, gave it to my friend to try out tonight. I know he's already stoked about the new quotes. I'll play it this weekend.

#76 4 years ago

....how can I make the first multiball harder to get even if you do hit the captive balls. Just set the multiball to harder in the menu?

I left the "hard" and "extra hard" multiball settings alone, so you can go to adjustments and change that setting to increase the # of hits to qualify mball.

I went back and forth on this setting. On the one hand more experienced players like the multiball to be more challenging to qualify; on the other hand, novice players (I have several who play @ my arcade) who are used to the multiball really miss it if you make it hard to qualify, and the captive balls are some of the hardest hits for novices to hit.

The compromise was 2 hits for MBall #1, 4 for MBall #2..etc. This way novice players get mball maybe 25% of the time, good players get it more like 75%, and experts should really be trying to get at least 2 mballs per game.

#77 4 years ago

If anyone without a burner is still trying to figure out how to get this ROM onto their machine, shoot me a pm and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

1 week later
#78 4 years ago

Hi,

I applied IPS patch to 1.12 cpurom file from ipdb. Tried to play it in Visual pinball to try before I shell out money for a guy to burn it onto eprom.

Visual pinball reports checksum error:

it says checksum is 0xE7422236 instead of 0xD05FD307. Game plays fine. Is this OK? Is Vpinmame checking checksum against some external source or is rom checksum actually bad and not updated?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Hi,
I applied IPS patch to 1.12 cpurom file from ipdb. Tried to play it in Visual pinball to try before I shell out money for a guy to burn it onto eprom.
it says checksum is 0xE7422236 instead of 0xD05FD307. Game plays fine. Is this OK? Is Vpinmame checking checksum against some external source or is rom checksum actually bad and not updated?

You should be good. Pinmame does a full hash on the file to make sure it is exactly the same file it expects, and it doesn't expect 1.13. The actual hardware simply does an 8-bit checksum, and this checksum is valid for the 1.13 version.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Hi,

Shell out money? That sounds like a lot, should be much more than the cost of a chip, or, erase and reuse the current.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

You should be good. Pinmame does a full hash on the file to make sure it is exactly the same file it expects, and it doesn't expect 1.13. The actual hardware simply does an 8-bit checksum, and this checksum is valid for the 1.13 version.

thanks

Shell out money? That sounds like a lot, should be much more than the cost of a chip, or, erase and reuse the current.

not a lot, 20 eur, but I don't want to waste money to order eprom and programming fee from this guy (who has nothing to do with pinball, I just found a guy with a burner) plus shipping only to find out to have to ship back the chip and pay shipping both ways and programming again. certainly wasteful in comparison to asking a question on a forum.

#82 4 years ago

I was gonna say I'd do it for like 5 bucks USD. But UK shipping might put it over the top...but shoot me a pinmail if interested.

#83 4 years ago

thanks Matt. I already sent the file to the guy, and it arrived yesterday.

thanks Caker for this, this update is LEGEN-wait for it........-DAAAAARY!!! LEGENDARY.

so much fun, I don't have the pin for a long time and still working on fixing things neglected in 20 years of use (not played much, mine has around 5600 plays and it seems like it might be legit, not even GI pins were burned and the ticket is whole just the clear has started to fade, didn't touch the paint yet). Thank you very much for your effort to enchance fun for everyone.

3 weeks later
#84 4 years ago

Is there any chance you can just order an eprom with this update on it? I really wish for a plug and play method,

#85 4 years ago

If anyone needs some help getting this release, shoot me a message.

1 month later
#86 4 years ago

So has anyone made it to the new world premiere mode yet? One of my favorite improvements.

1 week later
#87 4 years ago

Heck no, my machine is brutal, I can get maybe half the modes. But I play them, maybe use the timeout method and see what I can do.

4 months later
#88 3 years ago

Hi

Just wanted to say, i've got your 1.13 Rom, and after a few months using it. I would say, What a huge improvement.
I also added a pinsound board, with the movie songs (and i released a file ready for download).

I will try to take a video with all the 1.13 gameplay and with the news sounds, The game is so great now.
The world premiere, is now a real wizard mode.

So much fun now. Great Job caker137

Julien42

#89 3 years ago

I kind of wish I still had a LAH to try out these improvements. The wizard mode severely lacking was a major source of contention when I owned the game. It was very anti-climactic.

1 year later
#90 2 years ago

sorry for the old thread bump, but does anyone have this on an EPROM for sale? thanks

1 year later
#91 3 months ago

+1 ^ . I just got an LAF and could use one as well. thanks

#92 3 months ago

I sae them on sale in the market. Definitely a must have.

#93 3 months ago

Thanks. Done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Overland Park, KS
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside