New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 208261)

LAH dryed caps. Help

By DEN

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mikat11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEJP_PwrSply_C2_Damage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdissen87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Just from my experience.
My Jurassic Park never had an issue until suddenly the sound started to cut out or take minutes to start working. It started having other issues within a few days as well. I pulled the Power Supply Board and it all *looked* just fine. Removed all the caps and this is what I found...
DEJP_PwrSply_C2_Damage (resized).jpg
Unfriendly surprise to find. I ended up having Chris Hibler repair the trace damage caused by the leaky cap and replace all the caps on the board with new. I believe he had to replace both D2 and D3 due to corrosion.
Works perfect now.

Quoted from mikat11:

Power supply board ,replace caps C1,C2,C3,C7. These are near the big aluminum heat sink and dry out over time and it takes a minute or more for them to charge up and supply 5 volts to the CPU board and the sound board. C2 is especially prom to leakage and failure. A very common problem on Data East power supplies.

Exactly what happened to me. That C2 cap wasn't nice to my board at all after it leaked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdissen87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside