Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

DMD on LAH is not showing the dim or shadowed dots. like when Last Action Hero flash up just the top half is visible.
checked voltages to display they seem to be within tolerance.
checked cables and connectors they seem to be fine.
all dots light up in test mode both vert and horiz.
reseated the display rom.

any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Do you know someone that can test out your DMD in their WPC, Sega, older Stern or DE game?

#3 4 years ago

No, dont know anybody in my area.

i have noticed that after game warms up about an hour more of the dim/shadowed dots start to display. is this normal? maybe i'm to impatient.

#4 4 years ago

No, that is not normal. Just would help being able to try the DMD in another machine to know the correct thing to be working on.

It would not hurt replacing the small ribbon cable from the DMD to the DMD controller board. It can cause many different display faults, though I haven't heard of it helping your issue. You could try wiggling this small ribbon cable when the problem occurs.

#5 4 years ago

Any cuts in the long wide ribbon cable going from the DMD controller to the MPU board?

#6 4 years ago

ribbon cables look good. tried swapping ends from one connection to the other.
am i correct that the dipswitchs do nothing?

#7 4 years ago

Sounds like its just getting old and is outgassing..happens to all of them eventually. One of the tell tales is its gets better when warming up if the voltages remain the same. So check voltages cold and then leave it on til warm and come back and check again. Trying it in another game will confirm. Recapping the power supply may help as well as checking the resistors on the power supply too especially if the voltage creeps up when warming up.
BUT no matter what it sounds like yours is dying and fixing the PS may help for now[needs to be done anyways if voltages creep].......but the display is on the way out. Xpin has awesome led dmd's .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.99
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside