(Topic ID: 80015)

LAH crane.

By ledge

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

just wondering if the crane has been issue over time for current/or previous owners.
thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Yes, it has . You will see broken wires because of the movement of the crane .

#3 10 years ago

Damn crane! Every time you move the game or sell it, the crane needs to be full adjusted. It takes forever to get it right.

#4 10 years ago

It does go wrong. Normally needs the switches adjusted at either end of the crane to ensure it makes proper contact, if not the crane tends to end up pointing at the middle of the playfield.
There's also problems with the magnets blowing (similar to the Addams family issues with them locking on)

#5 10 years ago

I never have had a problem so far with mine,knock on wood

#6 10 years ago

The problem with it is the far reaches of where it travels isn't triggered by a switch, it's just set in the design of the extension of the motor, so you have to have it set just right to travel exactly where it should, otherwise it doesn't reach one of the switches on each end. Many people talk about many games being difficult to shop and deal with that game's specific toy, but the crane can be one of the most frustrating.

Solid machine though, so it's worth it. Just a tip for bad wires on moving toys such as this, CV head, TOM trunk, I started using 18 gauge flexible lamp wire for replacing these harnesses. I don't know why they didn't use something like this back in the day, as the wires used are not intended for constant movement, but lamp wire is the most versatile (I know of anyway).

#7 10 years ago

I have had no problems with the crane on my one yet, also no problems with another supposed problem pin JD crane and dead world maybe there both hit me at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lah-crane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.