6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bingo-poor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bingo-poor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, me again, trying to get a Laguna Beach up and running this time. It’s been sitting in storage for years, I reckon.
    Still a very nice machine though.The problem I’m running into with this one is the 50 Volt fuse. It doesn’t blow when you first power up the machine but rather as soon as you cycle it the first time. It doesn’t tilt when you power it up either......
    Any thoughts on this one?

#4 6 years ago

Thanks in advance, I should have a chance to work on it tonight. I will get back with you.I was able to get my other Bingo
    Problems fixed JKnPA, sorry about not getting back to you guys.

#6 6 years ago

I followed Baldtwit’s instructions exactly, turned it off,tripped the EB trip relays,manually opened the shutter,turned it on,manually closed the anti-cheat relay and cycled It manually at the start relay....still blowing fuse. While I was then trying to figure out if it was the spotting index or the mixer latch causing the problem,I noticed a wire completely missing from the score extra step switch #6A. Wire #13-5 that runs down to the square pin switch 5-A. I replaced the wire and it quit blowing fuses...

The new problems are as follows:
    1. Randomly lose all the lights (at once)behind the magic screen.
    2. Randomly lose all of the odds lights (at once) during cycling.
    3. Trying to collect winners: they count up at the red, yellow or green replay counters but don’t make the trip to the main
    replay counter......

#8 6 years ago

Following your advice and of course you zoomed me in to the cause of the problems...I went ahead and replaced the fuse block and that took care of the light problems for the most part.Checked and cleaned the tilt trip switches, they looked fine.
    Checked the anti-cheat switches and they looked Alright. I noticed the anti-cheat seemed to be opening (as best as I could tell)between cycles, randomly.....I then tied it closed and mis-adjusted the switches at the”replay register” to set the machine on free play, per the instructions on the Bingo cdyn site.Seems as though doing this solved about 99% of the problems. It is alright to leave the machine in this state, isn’t it? I also checked CU switch 13B continuity over to the replay register and got a value of 34....not very good continuity....I ran a jumper between them and that solved the replay problem. Is it alright to leave this (extra) wire in place? The only other problem I am encountering now is with the blue section scoring. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s 3 for 300, 2 for 300 or 2 for 600 .... she only wants to give you 96 when you hit it.

#10 6 years ago

Sorry for the slow response,had a couple busy days.Of course you’re right about the 2 or 3 in blue score as green 5 as opposed to 3 blue for 300 or 600 and 2 for 600.
    I remember that variation on the OK games from about 40 years ago when I was playing them in the beer joints and wherever. I was able to get my problem with the 48-4 wire ,it was at the double wire connection.
    The only other problem I have had with this one (that I haven’t been able to troubleshoot/fix) is the step-up coil on the magic screen screen feature unit staying powered. It’s only done it once or twice with this machine,but I’m having the same problem with a Circus Queen and it’s doing the same thing just more often.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bingo-poor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laguna-beach-fuse-problems?tu=Bingo-poor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.