Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Finrod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MSA_Tourney.pdf (PDF preview)
    photo19.jpg
    photo18.jpg
    photo17.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    photo15.jpg
    photo14.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Haven't seen any post on this so I thought I'd let everyone know.
    Check this link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/main-street-amusements-lafayette

It's called Main Street Amusments and it is awesome!!!
    Have about 20 machines including MM Tron CFTBL RFM FG. First Wednesday every month
    they are open till 2 a.m
    I've been twice and it's amazing hearing ten plus machines all going at once. Gave me chills.
    Place next door has half price pints on Wednesday too. Machines are in great shape and the owner
    is a great guy. I'll be there Wednesday if anyone is going. I'll be the one making the knocker go off

#2 11 years ago

Very impressive lineup on their website.

#3 11 years ago

Woohoo, I live right across the street! I might be there Wednesday-- I'm the guy that drove up all the replays-- you're welcome!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Woohoo, I live right across the street! I might be there Wednesday-- I'm the guy that drove up all the replays-- you're welcome!

BUAAAAAHHHHHHAAA.. That got me laughing! Hope to see you wednesday! I'm gonna put in some time on MM. Want that high score.

#5 11 years ago

I told my wife no way was I moving the Lafayette, IN when she said she wanted to get her DR. at Perdue. Might have to re think this now....

#6 11 years ago

I go all the time on Fridays. They had a tournament during spring Purdue semester, so I bet they have one in the fall.

#7 11 years ago

Great place, great owner!

#8 11 years ago

Great place. Been there 5 or 6 times now. Hes got a fantastic lineup. I have a video tour I made a couple weeks ago. I'll see if i can Youtube it.

3 weeks later
    #9 11 years ago

Finally got up there last night. Had a great time. Arcade is pure Pins, and very clean and well kept. The owner is very friendly and accessible. Recently got the Pinball bug. Was great to play from such a variety of decades. Tron was fun and looked great, but as a "LE" it seemed incomplete. Favorite of the night was Transformers. Now that's how you do a "LE"! Also loved Medieval Madness. I can see how that has become a fan favorite over the years. Looking forward to my next trip, as it's only an hour away. Will bring some other friends next time. This is an field and an owner I'm happy to support.

#10 11 years ago

Will definitely have to pay the place a visit next time I head back to an alumni event at Purdue. Sounds like a great place to play pinball!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from mattmain:

Haven't seen any post on this so I thought I'd let everyone know.
    Check this link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/main-street-amusements-lafayette
    It's called Main Street Amusments and it is awesome!!!
    Have about 20 machines including MM Tron CFTBL RFM FG. First Wednesday every month
    they are open till 2 a.m
    I've been twice and it's amazing hearing ten plus machines all going at once. Gave me chills.
    Place next door has half price pints on Wednesday too. Machines are in great shape and the owner
    is a great guy. I'll be there Wednesday if anyone is going. I'll be the one making the knocker go off

That's awesome, thanks for posting. I drive through Lafayette often and will stop by there sometime.

1 month later
    #12 11 years ago

I'll be up Saturday night with a couple of friends. Anyone else heading up this weekend?

#13 11 years ago

I was staying in Lafayette a few years ago while working at a near by plant. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in to pins back then. Sounds like a great place.

#14 11 years ago

Bump!

#15 11 years ago

Saturday (8/22) is a good day to visit Lafayette. There will be a beer festival in the afternoon and and a jazz/blues festival later on. I live in the area and would be down to play a few games.

#16 11 years ago

Wow, I haven't been back to Lafayette since it was the Levee Laundromat that had all the pinball machines (something like 20).

#17 11 years ago

I was in W. Laf/Laf, In in late May thru mid June, and played pinball there on several nights. Nice variety of pins w/ different prices to play (some $0.25, some 0.50, some 0.75, etc.). Owner/operator seems cool. Usually, his buddy (dog) was in the back maint area w/ him.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Wow, I haven't been back to Lafayette since it was the Levee Laundromat that had all the pinball machines (something like 20).

How long ago was that? Pretty sure there's nothing but tanning beds now.

#19 11 years ago

In the 70's & early 80's I used to play pinball at 3 or 4 places around Purdue Univ campus in W. Laf., IN., ....and at an old laundromat close to Wabash River on State Street (hwy 26) by the Levee. That's how i got hooked on pinball as a teen.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Any nice photos?

I'll take some Saturday....

#22 11 years ago

As requested.....

photo6.jpgphoto6.jpg photo_5.jpgphoto_5.jpg

#23 11 years ago

More....

photo.jpgphoto.jpg photo2.jpgphoto2.jpg photo3.jpgphoto3.jpg

#24 11 years ago

More you say?

photo4.jpgphoto4.jpg photo7.jpgphoto7.jpg photo8.jpgphoto8.jpg

#25 11 years ago

I'm not sure what's wrong with this thing. Says I need to add content, but I am adding text. Nasty bug, needs to be fixed. Admin???

photo9.jpgphoto9.jpg photo10.jpgphoto10.jpg photo11.jpgphoto11.jpg

#26 11 years ago

I guess I'll continue to add worthless text and keep my pictures at 3 at a time.....

photo12.jpgphoto12.jpg photo13.jpgphoto13.jpg photo14.jpgphoto14.jpg

#27 11 years ago

More worthless text, more 3 at a time.......

photo15.jpgphoto15.jpg photo16.jpgphoto16.jpg photo17.jpgphoto17.jpg

#28 11 years ago

This it it! Not ever Pin there, but most of them. Hope you enjoy!!

photo18.jpgphoto18.jpg photo19.jpgphoto19.jpg

#29 11 years ago

Wow. And I thought I liked to take lots of pictures! Any word on that video acey?

#30 11 years ago

I see one of the huge old drum heads from Purdue's Marching Band big bass drum w/ signatures hung up on the wall. That drum is so big that it gets wheeled around on a 2-wheel cart.
    Standing more than 10 feet high when mounted on its field carriage, the "monster" measures about eight feet in diameter and is nearly four feet wide between its two heads. The drum is still the original instrument built by Leedy Corporation of Indianapolis in 1921.

The first drums sported heads made from mammoth steer hides imported from South America, but now Remo Corporation produces synthetic drum heads which are changed as needed. Over the years it has become a tradition for celebrities to sign drum heads and old heads filled with signatures........

#31 11 years ago

WOW...How did I miss this post?! I pass by Laf in the evening every other week coming from Chicago. I will definitely stop by and play. Looks like a great place!

1 week later
    #32 11 years ago

Stopped in last night... A GREAT arcade in a great location. Took me back to the memories of the 80's! The place is clean, with very clean, well kept machines . The owner is quite friendly also. I will become a regular there to get my fix.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from sirrob:

Stopped in last night... A GREAT arcade in a great location. Took me back to the memories of the 80's! The place is clean, with very clean, well kept machines . The owner is quite friendly also. I will become a regular there to get my fix.

Awesome! The more people that go the better! I want to help support this guy.

Did you see his dog?

#34 11 years ago

Looks like I may have to go visit my nephew there in college this fall. ROADTRIP! Now where'e my paycheck

#35 11 years ago

My brother lives in Indy, and I'm planning on meeting him at MSA in a couple weeks, then hitting some Purdue bars, which I haven't done in years! Looking forward to checking out this place.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Napabar:

Awesome! The more people that go the better! I want to help support this guy.
    Did you see his dog?

Yea, his dog is cool! Every time I would knock on Bobby Orr's Power Play, he would start barking. LOL

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

In the 70's & early 80's I used to play pinball at 3 or 4 places around Purdue Univ campus in W. Laf., IN., ....and at an old laundromat close to Wabash River on State Street (hwy 26) by the Levee. That's how i got hooked on pinball as a teen.

Levee Laundromat was still there in the late 90s, but only with 2 or 3'pins

#38 11 years ago

Sorry it took so long to get the video posted here. Recorded this a few months ago, and I haven't been back in awhile. The lineup is probably different now.
    Pretty cool that my buddy got on the board of Transformers right as I was taping. I'm sure hes been bumped off, as that was shortly after it was added to the lineup.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/kKuU5Tm3ips

#39 11 years ago

Main Street Amusements (MSA) is aewsome. I go every Friday. After CP Pinball (St. Louis, MO), it has the most pinball machines in the midwest as far as I know.

Giant Purdue drum head was donated to the owner by the Purdue band. MSA rents out the place for parties. The Purdue band had a party there and gave the owner the drum head as a thank you.

1 month later
    #40 11 years ago

I stopped by this location last night during a visit with family in Lafayette. The location is fantastic with some of the cleanest machines I have played.

#41 11 years ago

Awesome looking place, but.. BUT... how can they not have a GNR in there???? Hometown of Bill Bailey and Jeff Isabelle!

1 month later
    #42 11 years ago

There is a tournament Saturday 12-1 at main street amusements!

#43 11 years ago

He's up to 29 pins now. He recently fixed a Haunted House for a owner, and has permission to put it out on the floor for a couple of weeks! I haven't played that thing in almost 25 years I bet. I'll be there this Friday for sure!

#44 11 years ago

I'm super pumped to play that haunted house too! Ive never played one, but have always wanted to. That game looks so cool.

#45 11 years ago

There would be a tourney the only day I couldn't make it. Bummer but awesome!

#46 11 years ago

I think the Tourney is before they open for their regular hours of 7-11 P.M.

2 weeks later
    #47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I have some bad news for you. The laundromat you're thinking of is the Levee Laundromat, which moved to another location on the Levee when they built the new State Road 26 bridges. Unfortunately, a bunch of the really old pinball machines they had in there (electro-mech era) they simply abandoned in the building and let them be destroyed when the building was torn down.

(huge frowny face here)

A guy I knew back then climbed into the wreckage of the building and salvaged what he could. He got a backglass or two and that was about all he was able to get. Sure, the Levee Laundromat in its new location still had pinball machines (about 20 of them) through the early 1990s or so; I moved away in 1997 so I lost track of them; but I never forgave them for letting those old machines be destroyed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lafayette-indiana-pinball-paradise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.