(Topic ID: 255278)

Lady Luck Letting Me Down - Extra Ball Relay sticks on during reset.

By Tonup69

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tonup69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Some of you may already know I have been chasing gremlins on my 1968 Lady Luck for a while now. I fixed the main issue (long posts from before). I am left with two issues to solve:

1) When the relay bank resets sometimes the extra ball relay stays open. Not every reset, but more on player 2 than player 1. I had to do some work on the relay bank, so I may have moved something in the process. The rubber bushings for the bank were completely disintegrated and the bank was wobbling around - helped by a nylon bushing that was gone as well. All of these parts have been fixed now, but I have the new problem with the extra ball relay. It appears to be a physical problem - i.e. when I play with the relay the plate wobbles a lot more than I expected. Maybe it is just too loose or the springs are wearing out? As I said, it will stay closed sometimes - maybe 50% of the time.

2) Problem number two is more perplexing. I can't beat the dealer on player #1 unless the dealer busts. Can't even beat the dealer with 21 points. The 20 Relay will open when player #1 reaches 20pts. That is normal. I have cleaned these switches as well.

Any ideas welcome.

LTR

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

On problem 1, looseness/springs could be a factor. What happens if you switch this?[quoted image]

I did try this, but it did not change the problem. The "Shoot Again" light comes on right after the relay bank reset. Seems like it isn't physically staying closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lady-luck-letting-me-down-extra-ball-relay-sticks-on-during-reset?tu=Tonup69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.