0Lady-Luck-Work-25 (resized).jpg
0Lady-Luck-Work-24 (resized).jpg
Eject_RE (resized).jpg
Tilt_RE (resized).jpg
Switch_6A_Score_Motor (resized).jpg
0Lady-Luck-Work-23 (resized).jpg
1ptRelay (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I fixed the 100pt relay stuck issue, but now on to the new problem (thanks for helping me troubleshoot it).

On start up the score reels 0 out and then the card reel adds from 2-5 points before the ball is ejected. After that game play is normal until you hit a 1pt switch. Investigation of the playfield revealed the following - when I fire any 10pt switches everything works fine. Same for 100pt switches. When I fire a 1pt switch the following happens:

1) Score motor activates
2) Bell, 10pt DU wheel and card score increase by 5 (ding, ding, ding, ding, ding)
3) Eject relay activates eject from the Jokers

Cycle will repeat until I fire a 10pt switch again (bumpers or advance roll over work).

Am I looking at the 1pt relay circuit here or somewhere downstream of the 1pt relay?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It may be switch 1A on this relay and/or your 9th pos. sw. on the 1s reel. You're getting 50 pts. each time?[quoted image]

Funny you should say that. I've been thinking that since the Player Card is scoring the same number, it could be scoring the lit card - advance moves the cards from 1-10, so it could be that it was on 5. I'm going to check this out later.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

Funny you should say that. I've been thinking that since the Player Card is scoring the same number, it could be scoring the lit card - advance moves the cards from 1-10, so it could be that it was on 5. I'm going to check this out later.

The 10pt DU coil is firing as many times as there are numbers on the No Match SU. So if there is 5, I get 50pts, if there is 9, I get 90pts. Then it starts over again - i.e. stuck in this loop. I think I narrowed it down to these circuits. No time to test till next week, unfortunately.

1ptRelay (resized).png1ptRelay (resized).png
1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Having cleaned many switches on many relays now, I am still stuck. I have traced several circuits that include the 1pt RE, the 10pt RE and the 1st Bumper RE (which stops the cycling) as well as the change relay. I am stumped. I have learned a few more things.

1) The 1pt RE fires and then the cycle of 10pt RE and 1pt Card DU starts. After the first cycle the 1pt RE is stuck on.
2) Hitting the #1 Bumper RE will stop the cycling (I tried this because it looks like it would work if the change RE sw is open that should be closed). This does not stop the 1pt RE from staying energized.
3) On start up the score reels all rest to zero, but then points will score on the card DU matching the number of points for the card showing. Then play is fine until you hit the 1pt RE.

Any suggestions welcome. This has been a difficult issue to deal with and I have not playing the game in weeks now - it was paying fine for the last two months.

Cheers,

LTR

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

I see a switch on Eject-Relay making the 10-Point-Relay to actuate. In post-5 at 3) You write "on start up the score-reels reset but then the points will score ..." - what is the timing in relation with "the pulling-in Outhole-Relay makes the ball to be kicked over to the shooter alley ?

The score reels rest, then the card drum scores as many points as the card showing, then the ball kicks out.

The ipdb-manual says "Eject-Relay is mounted on the mech panel down in the cabinet" --- please lift the playfield and secure it lifted - have a finger in the Outhole, start a new game and watch the Eject-Relay --- does it ever actuate ? during start up - at end of start up ? --- finally the Outhole-Relay will pull-in, the motor runs and the Outhole-Kicker kicks against Your finger - take the finger away --- does the faulty tens of points now starts ? Greetings Rolf

I know where the Eject RE is in the cabinet. It does trigger on start up - can't remember when. Are you asking when during start up the points appear? Before the ball kicks out. I will check this tonight, though.

#9 4 years ago

Rolf,

It seems like the player card score step up is advancing before the outhole kicker serves the ball. Further, the eject saucers appear to fire when they shouldn't. At the beginning of a game. Do not operate in game over mode (seems like they should). They fire continuously when the game is tilted. I think it has something to do with the eject relay. All of this applies to both player 1 and player 2.

#11 4 years ago

Looking for "what makes the Eject-Relay faulty pulling" - First: Whatever I have "encircled orange", please check for truely open Playfield-Eject-Switches, Bottom-Rollover-Switches, Self-Hold-Switch on Eject-Relay - have the pin not tilted - threebladed switch on Tilt-Relay, Switch-motor-6A.

Got it. I will check all of these switches tonight and post my results.

(((I drew "rosa / pink" the wiring when You'd have the pin tilted and the ball is laying in an Eject-Hole --- the pin must kick the ball out - when kicked out then the switch on the Eject-Hole opens - end of feature))) Greetings Rolf

This makes sense. The eject-hole should fire until the ball is gone, but there was no ball in the hole and then it must kick a ball out to stop. Makes sense.

#12 4 years ago

Update for Rolf:

First off, I know where Switzerland is located. In fact, last year I visited a friend in Lugano and rode around the lakes (Como and Maggiore) on a Moto Guzzi.

Now, an update to your queries. All of the switches that should be open in the above circuits are indeed open. Here are some photos of the Eject RE and the Tilt RE and the switch on the score motor (6A). All seems OK. They open and close as they should - I think.

What next?

Eject_RE (resized).jpgEject_RE (resized).jpgSwitch_6A_Score_Motor (resized).jpgSwitch_6A_Score_Motor (resized).jpgTilt_RE (resized).jpgTilt_RE (resized).jpg
#14 4 years ago

- the Eject-Coils activate then deactivate --- as the motor runs and runs: Activate then deactivate again and again ?

On Tilt the eject coils fire then deactivate then fire again until the ball drains and the outhole relay kicks in. This loop is stopped by the ball draining.

Another point or two to notice - or maybe make things more complicated:

1) If I am on Player #1 and the cycling of the 1pt score starts - points, bell and card drum - but the ball drains, and I got to player #2, it continues the cycle on player #2 until the 1st position bumper is activated (just as for player #1).
2) Although the score appears to be registering on the card drum, I just played last night and had 20, ball drained and the dealer score came up 19. I did not get an extra ball. This may be related somehow to the main problem, but I thought I would add that to the mix.

I am open to suggestions. I was about to trace everything back from the 1pt card drum unit since that is firing after the eject sw but before the ball kicks out.

Thanks for you help.

LTR

#16 4 years ago

Please toggle-off the pin, sneak-in a stripe of paper into "Switch-1D on No-1-Relay" - inbetween the contact-points of the switchblades - mechanically the switch can be actuated - but electrically it stays open. Then toggle-on, start a game - does the Eject-Relay faulty pulls-in ?

Blocking either No 1 Relay switch 1D or No 2 Relay 1D stops the Eject Relay from firing during start up.

LTR

#18 4 years ago

Well, that almost sounds like back to the drawing board! I'll check these potential issues. I found something new today, though. I can get the 1pt Card DU to stop scoring during start up by blocking switch 2C on the "A" Player RE. This switch is located at E-8 on the schematic. There must be a switch upstream of this switch that is firing during start up. Not sure if that helps, but I may try to do this for a few more switches until I can figure something out.

Cheers,

LTR

#19 4 years ago

Breakthrough! I tried blocking a few switches in or around circuits I think are involved using a piece of old playing card. I found a switch on the Tilt RE that is typically closed. When I block switch D between the Grey-Blu and Blu-Y contacts, the pin will start up normally and NOT score points on the Card Drum. It will also play normally. Hitting the 1pt switches scores one point, but does not affect the 10pt score reel or the 1pt card drum. The only things NOT working are the two jokers - i.e. they don't acknowledge the ball or eject the ball, but they will light up. Getting closer. This switch energizes the No 1 RE through the 2 Joker Eject switches. Any idea where to look next?

LTR

#20 4 years ago

I've made some progress on the circuit, but I need some input. Blocking Yellow switches will fix the start up and the 1pt scoring issues, but the eject switches won't work. Blocking Pink will fix everything but the 10pt score reel issue and blocking Red will not fix anything.

Eject_Circuit.pdfEject_Circuit.pdf
#22 4 years ago

Hi Tonup69
I refer to Your JPG in post-20 - how did You do You block the "outmost-left marked-yellow switch" - the threebladed Make-and-Brake-Switch on Change-Relay ? In the schematics You just "hinder connection" through the playfield-switches left and right bottom rollover switches - they should be open at start-up. It is late here in Switzerland - I go to sleep - till tomorrow. Greetings Rolf

Rolf - the switches in yellow are all supposed to be closed. I put a playing card piece between the connections to keep them open - then started up the game. Does that make sense? I only checked the RO switches by eye - that they were open. Have a nice night.

#24 4 years ago

have You sneaked-in two playing cards ? So all three blades (contact-points on the blades) are separated ?

Yes. That does stop the cycling when I hit the 1pt switches on the playfield. Now what? I cleaned these two blades and that did not solve the problems.

#26 4 years ago

we do post in pinside when we have time and lust. Last year I had health problems - hospital, surgery --- by now I am so-so --- but my memory has suffered - not good as before.

Rolf - I am sorry to hear about your health issues and hospital stay - I will say that I value your input, so feel good that you can still help someone like me over the internet!!

Please write an post "actual problem is ..." - so I (and other pinsiders ?) have solid ground for next steps to troubleshoot.

OK. Here is my attempt to describe the issues I have at the moment.

First Problem. Starting a new game the following things happen:

1) Start up sequence begins and all score reels zero out
2) The eject coils fire (both)
3) Before the ball gets kicked out the Card DU scores as many points as the card shown on the card advance - (1-10 points depending on the card).
4) The ball kicks out and the game starts.

Second Problem (related to first). When hitting any 1pt score switch on the playfield:

1) The score motor starts and 10pts are awarded for each Card point (1-10) depending on the card advance card showing.
2) The Card DU scores as many points as the card shown on the card advance.
3) The eject coils fire
4) This cycle starts again (until you hit either right or left Jet Bumper).

On the schematic in answer #20 I have indicated some closed switches that I opened by blocking with a playing card. When these are blocked (yellow) the start up sequence is correct and the 1pt scoring scores one point and stops. When they are blocked the eject coil does not work and eject relay does not fire. Other than that, you can play a game.

Does this help explain where I am at right now?

Cheers,

LTR

#27 4 years ago

Rolf - I picture is worth a thousand words, so this video is worth much more, I hope. Here is the actual problem in action.

#29 4 years ago

Try this one....

#31 4 years ago

n the bottom Outlanes I see "scores Card Value when lit" --- do the Left and Right Bottom Rollover switches on the playfield have just one switch or they both have two switches ? What do You get there when "unlit" ?

When lit, you get points on the Card DU - as many as you get for the card showing on the "Advance Card", you also get 100pts
When not lit, you get 100pts.

When You have the playing cards in the switch on Change-Relay - have the playfield up so You can see the No-1-Relay and the No-2-Relay (mounted on the underneathside of the playfield) - then You manually close the switch on an Eject-Hole (You simulate "Ball has rolled into the Eject-Hole") - keep the switch closed - look at No-1-Relay and No-2-Relay - do they pull-in ? (Through Switch on not-active Tilt-Relay the No-1-Relay, then the No-2-Relay should made pulling-in)

This is more complicated. I will need to test that.

Post-29 came-in - great, You could unlock the video - good video.

Excellent! Isn't the internet grand? Have a nice night and take a look at it tomorrow.

Cheers,

LTR

#32 4 years ago

I tried to look at Your video --- I do not have the rights to look at it --- so I had to listen to this one (once more - I like it)

Did David Lynch shoot this video? Very strange for the type of music. Would you be offended if I said it looks better than it sounds?

LTR

#34 4 years ago

Try this one....

Until now I always assumed that this means "Blocking JUST ONE of the Yellow switches (this one or that one)

Blocking just one of the yellow switches - doesn't matter which one - will stop the start up issue of scoring Card DU points.

I ask again (first time was in post-30) "do the Left and Right Bottom Rollover switches on the playfield have just one switch or they both have two switches ?"

Just one switch.

When You have the playing cards in the switch on Change-Relay - have the playfield up so You can see the No-1-Relay and the No-2-Relay (mounted on the underneathside of the playfield) - then You manually close the switch on an Eject-Hole (You simulate "Ball has rolled into the Eject-Hole") - keep the switch closed - look at NO-1-RELAY and NO-2-RELAY - do they pull-in ? (Through Switch on not-active Tilt-Relay the No-1-Relay, then the No-2-Relay should made pulling-in)

This I will need to test and get back to you this weekend. Thanks!

#36 4 years ago

Does Your pin has a switch for the ball to rollover in "Outhole to shooter alley" way ?

No.

Does the Start-Problem / First Problem 3) happen when You do not have the ball in the Outhole ? You put a finger in the Outhole (You simulate: Ball is in the Outhole) - You have the finger in the Outhole, You start a game --- You have the finger in the Outhole a long time as the pin is busy to reset ... then the Outhole-Kicker kicks Your finger - NOW You take the finger Out of the Outhole.

Finger on the outhole makes no difference.

#38 4 years ago

Here is the No 1 RE during start up.

#39 4 years ago

FYI - if I place a playing card between the G-W and the Blue-Y switch on the Change RE I can cure the start up scoring and the 1pt playfield switch cycling issues. I even tested the eject holes and they work with a ball in place - i.e. they eject the ball after the score motor turns on. What can I do to check this switch or circuit? I seem to have found the issue, but nothing is wrong with the switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#41 4 years ago

Did You sneak-in the card when "Change-Relay pulling" ? Or did You sneak-in the card when "Change-Relay non-pulling" ?

Both! In fact, I used some electrical tape and can play an entire game. I am only having a problem now with "beating the dealer" on player 1. It just doesn't ever work. I can beat the dealer and get a free ball on player 2. I can't find anything else that is going wrong with this tape in place, except maybe the match numbers are not working now.

is the wire curving around an Stepper Unit or the relay bank (or whatever) and the insulation of the wire is somewhere "abrased" - blank wire touches somewhere blank metal ?

This is a good thing to try. I have looked at the switch itself and can't find a fault, but maybe the wire is fouling somewhere on the way to the switch!

A test is "unsolder*** wire-G-W away from solderlug on the playfield switch - unsolder wire-G-W away from solderlug on switch on Change-Relay" - then use a new wire and rewire the path - do You still have the fault ?

Good test! I will try this tonight.

#42 4 years ago

And now the exciting climax! Here is the RO switch before and after I bent the tension blade back.

Before_RO (resized).JPGBefore_RO (resized).JPGAfter_RO (resized).JPGAfter_RO (resized).JPG
#44 4 years ago

I would like to get some help with the new problems - not as much of a rush, but I will post a new topic. Thanks for all of your help, Rolf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tonup69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lady-luck-1pt-switch-cycling?tu=Tonup69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.