You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Lady-Luck-Work-17 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
0more-resistors (resized).jpg
0some-resistors (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Hi Alan_L
the "1 card point score reel for the first player buzzes" --- question: ONLY when You are playing ? --- OR ALSO at starting a new game / resetting ?

The resistor --- I assume that there are several topics about resistors. One of the theories is "the relay acts more lively" --- I doubt. Another theory is "keeps the contact-points / snow-shoe riding on rivets stuff from burning" - maybe - but why are the resistors seldom mounted ? Coil (over) heating and finally burning ? ipdb only has the schematics - hard to read - WHAT coil is mounted in Your pin on the LOCK-RELAY ? hard to read in the schematics - is it an Z-28-1150 ? The same as the coil on the Change-Relay ? The LOCK-RELAY may stay pulling for hours - then why is there NO resistor on the LOCK-RELAY ? So I do not believe in the theory "keeping the relay from over heating".
Williams decided to call it "CHANGE-Relay" - we could say "Alternating relay" - it alternates from "non-pulling for a while" to "pulling for a while" - non-pulling - pulling etc. as the No-Match Unit is stepped. The No-Match-Unit is stepped (among others) by making points in the Ones-points. Have a friend manipulating on the playfield - he makes points (single points) - and You watch the No-Match-Unit --- DOES the Unit ALWAYS do a step ?
See in my JPG - on the bottom to the right: Bumpers will be lit / unlit - and the Light on the bottom-rollovers changes / alternates. Greetings Rolf

0some-resistors (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Hi
Howard - thanks for the flowers. I actually stumbled over an "I started once to do a documentation JPG" in my "Spirit of 76" files. At the time (then) I must have decided to not being pinky (?) / itchy (?) and did not proceed in the documentation. A long time ago I was more on the "acts more lively" rail.

Well, here in the JPG we see on the right a funny thing Bally used for a while - to save costs by "not mounting an Tilt-Relay" --- instead: The Tilt-Switches made an "short" so the Hold-Relay quits pulling (which indicates an Tilt) --- and the resistor (encircled orange) prevented / prevents the fuse from blowing --- only a short time --- as the "Hold-Relay quit pulling" very soon opened its Switch in the wiring.

And on the left - my red question mark is the reason why I was on the "acts more lively" side --- WHAT is the purpose on that Coin-Lockout-Coil-Resistor ??? You may read this: http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/features.html ---- here is a search in pinside --- if You want to dig-in: The 3,4-5,6 references in the search will get You to some lively discussions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=posts&q=bingo&topic-machine=&pinsider=rolf_martin_062&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results --- Greetings Rolf

0more-resistors (resized).jpg

#7 4 years ago

Hi Alan_L +
the "1 card point score reel for the first player buzzes" ONLY when You are playing. I am not familiar with the logic of play, Here is what I see in the ipdb-schematics.
Starting a game makes the "1" close as the Coin-Relay pulls-in. This makes the "2" pull-in and it establish " (3) Self-Hold-Circuitry for a long time" - until all is resetted (4 stuff) - then the "2" drops out. When playing the reset is done everytime a new ball is given (5,6,3,4). The motor is running so "7" pulses - through "8, 9 closed by pulling relay", "10" is the "11" stepped.

Now my problems of understanding the logic: Through running motor, pulsing "7" and pulling relay "either 12 or 13 closed" - then "14": The "11" is also stepped five (?) times. Please write about the No.-1- and No.-2-Relays.
When playing the pulling Target-Relay closes "15" and through "14" the coil "11" fires.
I would look at and clean the switches "12,13,14,15" - do You see sparks ?

(((Funny - I was looking for snippets of schematics to my Gtb Ice Revue and stumbled over))) Here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-light they also talk about resistors. I am not an electricien so I do not know - interesting is (the whole topic and) post-8, POST-12, post-15 and on.

The No. Match Unit sticking sometimes: HowardR (post-6) shows the schematics and asks about the "Switch on the 1-Point-Relay" - is this switch adjusted tight - sometimes faulty closed when the relay is not pulling ? We also see on the snippet "when the Player-Reset-Relay is pulling and the motor runs:" A stepping is done - therefore it may be that these "Switches involved" are adjusted tight (?).

Alan_L --- in post-5 You write "NONE of the 1-Point-Switches work" --- maybe they do work - make the 1-Point-RELAY pull-in and then this RELAY keeps-on faulty pulling - so the No-Match-Unit is just a symptom of the faulty endlessly pulling 1-Point-Relay (?). Greetings Rolf

0Lady-Luck-Work-17 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 7.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!