(Topic ID: 19447)

Ladies of Pinside (if there are any): What's your fav Pin.

By Pinchroma

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom__.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom___.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom___.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom__.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom_.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom_.jpg
    Animated_0206.gif
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

Wife loves acdc best.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Glad you said something mike, I tilted the wrong post. Correction made. My bad.

No problem my friend.

#53 11 years ago

the topic says "Ladies of Pinside (if there are any)...." so i was waiting for the Ladies to answer.
    but no, i only see guys...
    so isnt there any ladies here???

anyway, my wife likes no fear and TSPP

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

Appearantly no women on pinside. No suprise there.

You made that comment when the thread was only one hour old. I would think that is a little premature. Give it a day or two.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

the topic says "Ladies of Pinside (if there are any)...." so i was waiting for the Ladies to answer.
    but no, i only see guys...
    so isnt there any ladies here???

You need to read a little closer, maybe time for a new set of glasses. I saw two respond, blonde and butterfly. There are several more.

My wife will never come to Pinside. I asked her and she did respond with "Why?.". I told her and then she told me what I already knew, NGG. She has tried a few games on the others but only plays NGG.

#57 11 years ago

My wife and daughter love Roadshow, then it's a combination of Tron, TAF, FH, and BSD. Least liked oddly is WH2O. Can't figure it out, but they just refuse to play it.

#58 11 years ago

My wife is not a really into pinball too much but, the games she would play when we were out or play at home are T2, RFM, SS, BDK, Sopranos. In fact those are the only games she will play, if it's a deep game with difficult shots, she hates it.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

ou need to read a little closer, maybe time for a new set of glasses.

went out to buy them. then i did read the tittle again and it still reads like a call for ladies to respond.

anyway, the profile page does not show the male/female option so we have no way of telling.
    My wife also likes AFM and RFM, because the martians moving are funny

#60 11 years ago

MM is the prohibitive favorite followed by Champion Pub

#61 11 years ago

I've seen the same crazy thing repeat itself over the years-

2-3 ladies join the site and post in forum
    and then one guys starts posting boob pics
    and another has to out do all the other guys and gets the topic closed
    makes the ladies feel uncomfortable so they leave and never return.

This one guy I remember posted 50 pics of SG girls in one topic not too long ago
    I'm sure we lost a lot of cool ladies because of him and his antics

#62 11 years ago

TSPP. AFM and Centaur and Richie's next ST are a close second.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

i did read the tittle again and it still reads like a call for ladies to respond.

I did not mean the title, I was talking about the posts. If you read them you can tell that Pinmike (Guy) was sending a message to Blonde. That is actually a female post. She says husband and Butterfly is a female as well. I should have pointed that out. Some things can be missed.

#64 11 years ago

I replied, I see from the posts thus far there are 3 of us who are on pinside..

Lisa

#65 11 years ago

My girl loves BBH.

#66 11 years ago

Answering for my wife, she loves MB. She would never let me sell it.

#67 11 years ago

Wife enjoys Scared Stiff.

Animated_0206.gifAnimated_0206.gif

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

I replied, I see from the posts thus far there are 3 of us who are on pinside..
    Lisa

Dang, see I missed that. There are three. See what I mean about stuff getting missed!

#69 11 years ago

I am female. My hands-down favorite game is WH2O.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I've seen the same crazy thing repeat itself over the years-

2-3 ladies join the site and post in forum
    and then one guys starts posting boob pics
    and another has to out do all the other guys and gets the topic closed
    makes the ladies feel uncomfortable so they leave and never return.

I only discovered Pinside a couple of months ago, and while I have not read anything yet that is going to make me leave and never return, I do agree that the pictures people post here and the way women are often talked about does make me uncomfortable and less interested in visiting and participating in the forums. I don't think this is a particularly welcoming environment for women.

#70 11 years ago

Of games played. wife would choose AFM but not into pins!

#71 11 years ago

My favs are Taxi, BoP, AFM and CFTBL but I enjoy playing almost all of them!!

Lori

#72 11 years ago

Just wondering, do any of the lady pinsiders have Big Guns.

#73 11 years ago

My GF loves LOTR and my new Tron. She plays all the time. I come home from work and she's flipping away. I can never get rid of them now. She also loved MB and TOM at the pa show. She is very excited about BHZA and wants it today lol. She is a true pinhead and im a bit surprised but lucky.

#74 11 years ago

GFs past and fiancée all loved Scared Stiff and thought it was funny. My daughter liked it too. Sold it though. Fiancée and daughter both love Tron. And Diner.

Flamethrower, I hear you. Sometimes, I think if the ladies here posted a bit more often the "boys will be boys" post might diminish somewhat. Keep the faith. Don't leave. Team up with Phoebe!

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Not true sir!!!
    My fave is Bad Cats...followed by AFM, Barracora, and Star Light...I could go on...

Phoebe

Wow, can you talk to my wife? Bad Cats is one of my all time favs, she HATES multiball (BONUS!!!!!) but I can't convince her on the game!

You one baaaaaad cat!

#76 11 years ago

Yeah, in no particular order:

TOM
    WHO Dunnit
    TS
    Revenge from Mars
    LOTR
    Star Trek: Next Generation

#77 11 years ago

I have 20 or so games but my wife will only play mm, still can't figure out why!

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

You made that comment when the thread was only one hour old. I would think that is a little premature. Give it a day or two.

yes sir. point taken.

#79 11 years ago

Hey,

I just asked the better half. Flash or TSPP.

Luke

#80 11 years ago

The only pins my wife has ever shown any interest in were Maverick, LOTR, Shrek and AC/DC.

#81 11 years ago

My loves my fav as well the best TAF - no influence, I swear.

She also favours FH, TSPP and pinbot, which is odd as pinbot does nothing but kick her butt, and she swears at it like no other machine.

She absolutely hates CV, TZ and JD and keeps telling me to get rid of them haha.

#82 11 years ago

My wife says in our collection it's CV, SM, AFM.

#83 11 years ago

A vote for TOTAN from my wife, though it was second to Scared Stiff.

#84 11 years ago

Wife and girlfriend don't like any of them....Especially my Playboy,They always rip on that one!! haha!!

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Wow, can you talk to my wife? Bad Cats is one of my all time favs, she HATES multiball (BONUS!!!!!) but I can't convince her on the game!
    You one baaaaaad cat!

>Flamethrower, I hear you. Sometimes, I think if the ladies here posted a bit more often the "boys will be boys" post might diminish somewhat. Keep the faith. Don't leave. Team up with Phoebe!

Bad Cats doesn't have MB...that is the one thing I think would be cool if it did have...if Ralphie's dog house could some be the lock...you light it, and then somehow the programming could be adjusted or fixed so that after you lock 2 balls it starts MB and spits them out...but that would require some kind of subway type tunnel for the balls to go back to the shooter lane...

Posts about women are sometimes a bit skewed...but I don't mind pics of women and such... Just let them roll off you and go on...besides us girls can turn the tables and post pics of hot guys just like the guys do... turn about type thing...LOL!! No biggie just keep flippin'

Phoebe

#86 11 years ago

Wife and girlfriend? I wonder what they do when your playing

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Wife and girlfriend?

I can't believe I didn't even notice that.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Wife and girlfriend? I wonder what they do when your playing

They don't get along so there's nothing happening there...

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I can't believe I didn't even notice that.

TG,Your eating too many banana's..Haha!!

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

She absolutely hates CV, TZ and JD and keeps telling me to get rid of them haha.

My wife hates TZ as well, even more after I installed the FF speakers. She would love to see that game go, just because the sub rocks the foundations of the house. Also, she can't get anything going and doesn't understand the rule or care to learn them. TZ is not for the casual player.

We need a new thread for which pins the ladies hate, of course those types of threads always stir up a lot of ill feelings and drama, so maybe not.

#90 11 years ago

My ball bowler is the number one machine at party's. But Tales of the Arabian Nights is the run away choice for pinball among the ladies.

Kim

#91 11 years ago

My wife's favorites are LOTR, Tron and IM.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Not true sir!!!
    My fave is Bad Cats...followed by AFM, Barracora, and Star Light...I could go on...

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe,
    Is there any chance you could rate all the machines you own, when you have a chance? You have alot of uncommon titles (or at least older games with few ratings) and i would like to see what your opinion is on some (if not most) of them. Thanks in advance, even if you don't go ahead with it.

#93 11 years ago

Wife's favorites:

AC/DC LE/Premium (she did not like the pro)
    DW
    ToTAN

#94 11 years ago

My wife seems to always go to our Monoply pinball.

#95 11 years ago

One more girl here:

AC/DC premium
    SS
    fathom
    black hole
    POTO
    STTNG

My best friend's favorites are:

GNR
    AC/DC

-Sherrie

#96 11 years ago

My renters came over today and played JP. They are around my age (late 20s-early 30s,) female, and loved it. Of course, that's the only option I have right now, but there was lots of "Oh my gawd, the dino ate the ball! That's freaking awesome." They are living in my former tiny house, and after seeing the new digs and pinball machine, this has been designated the zombie apocalypse survival house. My husband said he wouldn't mind 3 females around if need be.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

I am female. My hands-down favorite game is WH2O.

I only discovered Pinside a couple of months ago, and while I have not read anything yet that is going to make me leave and never return, I do agree that the pictures people post here and the way women are often talked about does make me uncomfortable and less interested in visiting and participating in the forums. I don't think this is a particularly welcoming environment for women.

Flamethrower:

On behalf of most of the men here on pinside, i would like to apologize to you and other women who are or would like to be on pinside for the behavior that makes you uncomfortable, especially for the misogynistic expressions of domestic violence in the guise of humor. I wouldn't want to have my wife or pregnant daughter subjected to such miscreants on forums or otherwise.

Boys will be boys, and that's all some will ever be unfortunately.

Dan

#99 11 years ago

Careful of the Sirens song, Magilla!

But you are in good company - Odysseus, Jason, Hercules (or Ulysses), and now Gorilla!

Dan

#100 11 years ago

My go to game is LOTR, but as of lately I've been spending a lot of pintime playing MB and SM. All three I could spend hours playing.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ladies-of-pinside-if-their-are-any-whats-your-fav-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.