Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinwizkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3 11 years ago

That JM is actually pretty damn cool. That guy did an awesome job.

-BB

#4 11 years ago

Sure beats a $14,000 TOTAN! I rest my case!

#5 11 years ago

Wow! Glad I sold mine last weekend before the price drop this week

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

That JM is actually pretty damn cool. That guy did an awesome job.
-BB

That was an awesome JM. Great game!

#7 11 years ago

What was your case? JD has been a 1-1200 for years.

#9 11 years ago

and even at $1400 it's still not sold. Some may hope that JD becomes a 2k game, but there will always be low end games. JD, DM, JM, Popeye, black rose....ect, will always be the lower end b/w titles. Doesn't mean they are terrible games, but something has to be at the bottom. It's nice to have games in all prices so there's something for everyone. Some of the C and D list games are better than the A list when it comes to fun factor.

#10 11 years ago

omg, stop the presses.

#11 11 years ago

So, if I know of dozens of Judge Dredds that have sold for $1850-$2400....and only a couple that sold for $1400 or under....which ones are the statistical outliers?

Pete

#12 11 years ago

since i've never seen a JD sell over $1300, i'd guess the $1850-2400 range would be pristine exceptional with topper examples. I've seen JD's with higher Asking prices tho (unknown if sold or not for asking). But seen plenty actually sell for the $900-1300 range.

#13 11 years ago

I've had so many games, I would never pay $1850-2400 for a Judge Dredd. I bought one years ago for $1300, and see them for $1400-1500 currently. Yeah, someone lists a high one now and then, but that's not my market for them. It's just not worth the 18-2400 price range imho. I don't care if it becomes a $3000 dollar pin, I will never say I want to buy a Dredd for more than $1300.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

So, if I know of dozens of Judge Dredds that have sold for $1850-$2400....and only a couple that sold for $1400 or under....which ones are the statistical outliers?
Pete

the cheapest ones and the most expensive ones. If you get me some data i will analyze the data for you.

#15 11 years ago

This was meant to a good natured jab, so I hope people find the humor in it

Nice fair deal waiting for somebody over at KLOV.

-BB

#16 11 years ago

If anyone has a JD for sale in the 1 - 1.3k range, please send me a private e-mail. Thanks - John

#17 11 years ago

We picked one up for $500. Can't really beat that! Strange thing is, it was listed for over a week for $600 and no one bought it around here!

#18 11 years ago

You do all realize that the add in the OP was from 2006 right?

Whoops......my bad. Looked in the wrong spot. 2013 it is....but needs a DMD and a lockdown bar and......

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You do all realize that the add in the OP was from 2006 right?

The ad was from yesterday. The join date for the person who listed the ad was 2006.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

If anyone has a JD for sale in the 1 - 1.3k range, please send me a private e-mail. Thanks - John

No kidding. I'd buy all the Dredd's I could get at $1k.

#21 11 years ago

Bad DMD and lockbar is beat up, which may lead to other parts under PF specifically beat up. So sure, $1,400 for a beat up game. works for me!

#22 11 years ago

I sold my Dredd for $1100 about a year ago and it was in fantastic shape. This is a perfect example of what my friends and I refer to as "The Pinside Effect"

#23 11 years ago

Hi All,

Just fyi, it was just the finish of the lockbar that was beat up. Everything under the playfield is in good shape.

Game is also sold, pending payment.

Thanks,
Walt

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Hi All,
Just fyi, it was just the finish of the lockbar that was beat up. Everything under the playfield is in good shape.
Thanks,
Walt

Very nice, congrats on sale!

#25 11 years ago

Some JD's only sell for $1400 (& probably for good reason) & some sell for $2800 (also for good reason). It varies, just like any other game. Not sure what all the fuss is about & why people get their panties in a bunch when a JD sells at the higher end, or when one sells for $1400 other people have to say "told ya so". Its almost childish on both extremes.
JD is a rare B/W DMD widebody that ranks #22 at IPDB & still climbing there & here. I can think of soooo many WORSE games that if they sold for $3k people would say its a steal, so why do people have issues with this game selling in the $2k's?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

so why do people have issues with this game selling in the $2k's?

They fear change.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

They fear change.

I only fear getting stuck in a traffic jam in a converitble with the top down.

#28 11 years ago

lets not think $1400 is bottom dollar on this pin. They can be had sub 1k if you have project or non working examples. If your paying over 1k for an average routed non working game. Your pissing your money away. Your going to be into it way more than it's worth by the time your done. Unless that cabinet is unfaded and flawless with a playfield to match. Even then, if the boards look like a chia pet inside, and other main playfield components missing inside, you'll be in deeper than you want.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I only fear getting stuck in a traffic jam in a converitble with the top down.

Or...a motorcycle, that sucks!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lets not think $1400 is bottom dollar on this pin. They can be had sub 1k if you have project or non working examples. If your paying over 1k for an average routed non working game. Your pissing your money away. Your going to be into it way more than it's worth by the time your done. Unless that cabinet is unfaded and flawless with a playfield to match. Even then, if the boards look like a chia pet inside, and other main playfield components missing inside, you'll be in deeper than you want.

Well for that matter even MM could be a sub 1k pin. Condition is Everything!

#31 11 years ago

I disagree. Even the biggest piles of shit, with fluffy water damaged cabinets, wear like crazy, and chia pet boards even sell for 4-5 k. so no they don't. Not even close. Even the nicest JD can't even come close to the worst MM, AFM, CV, MB, TOTAN.

#32 11 years ago

I paid 2350 for my JD (from Astropin)..

But, the playfield is mint, it's got the dead world mod, perfectly working, has the real solid topper, Cointaker LED's everywhere (even the flashers) and the cab is a 8 out of 10...

I'm happy with it at that price.

#33 11 years ago

I love the theme. But a pin without pop bumpers?? What were they thinking?

Chris

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I love the theme. But a pin without pop bumpers?? What were they thinking?
Chris

For a flow game, Pop bumpers can really screw things up. Part of the reason I like No Fear like I do, is because it has no Pops.... Everything is right now! No waiting around for stuff to exit an endless pop-bumper maze....

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, like Shadow is such a dog.

I've never played Shadow, but I know a lot of people like it. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I like pop bumpers and think if it is possible to implement them in the design, a pin should have them.

Chris

#37 11 years ago

yea, but when you put pops off on their own, in a special area, they really arn't anything special. like what sterns does with them. no real random variable because they are too confined. if your going to do pops. have them in the open, so they can fuck with you the way they were designed to do.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

But a pin without pop bumpers?? What were they thinking?

I've got a machine with pop bumpers right next to it.
It does have a real nice set of drop targets though!

#39 11 years ago

If it falls through, let me know. I'm close by...

Quoted from waltgman:

Hi All,
Thanks,
Walt

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've never played Shadow, but I know a lot of people like it. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I like pop bumpers and think if it is possible to implement them in the design, a pin should have them.
Chris

You won't. I owned both TS and JD and they're both dogs and I also blame a lack of pops.

#41 11 years ago

One of the reasons I love JD is because it doesn't have pop bumpers. Who wants pops on a game like this? Makes no sense to me. This design just isn't suitable for pop bumpers.

#42 11 years ago

Swords of Fury is probably my favorite no-pop bumper game. Big Guns is a close second.

-BB

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You won't. I owned both TS and JD and they're both dogs and I also blame a lack of pops.

Flawless logic!

Imagine that JD or TS were identical to how they are now but with pop bumpers fitted on the PF using a fold in time/space … would that turn these machines from dogs into something less canine?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Flawless logic!
Imagine that JD or TS were identical to how they are now but with pop bumpers fitted on the PF using a fold in time/space … would that turn these machines from dogs into something less canine?

yes

#45 11 years ago

Pops are useless in todays day and age. What the hell does a pop pit even do? I'd rather have that space used for something interactive. Games like LOTR, Sopranos, SM, TOM, RFM, AFM, MM, MM, Tron, TF, ect.... all have useless pop pits. Confined area, where the ball gets tossed around in this tiny area with no interaction. Then dribbles out of a little open spot on the bottom. USELESS.

Waste of design and parts dollars that could be spent somewhere else. 3 pops is a lot of hardware for very little gameplay return. If your going to use those pops. Put them out in the open. When was the last time you seen a game, that had a random pop, out in the open to totally fuck with you? It's been awhile. the pop pits are getting very old and repetitive. If that's what they are going to do. Leave them off.

#46 11 years ago

Pop "pits" not interactive? You and I obviously play differently.

I like them and wish both JD and TS had them, period.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Studies have been done. Conclusion is, shaking the game while the ball is in the pop pit doesn't increase the pin action or score much at all....

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Then dribbles out of a little open spot on the bottom. USELESS.

I'd agree with that. I liked how tspp had them setup. It would be able to come out the bottom controlled, but also had the ability to cause randomness out the right side. Same with PinBot, while relatively tucked away, who hasn't had a pop drain to the left? TZ has them in a dangerous area, and I think that's good.. it's a hazard.

Either way, JD does just fine without pops. I don't like the idea of having something implemented into the design just because all other pins have it.. Neither JD nor TS suffer from a lack of pops, imo.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

They arn't interactive at all. The ball gets fed into them. You stand there and watch it and wait for it to dribble out the hole. Even if that space was just rubbers, the effects would be the same. Ever play games like Cyclopes, paragon, CV, TZ where the pops are in the open and can change your ball direction. Big difference. I miss real use of pops in modern games. That's what they were intended for.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Pops are useless in todays day and age. What the hell does a pop pit even do? I'd rather have that space used for something interactive. Games like LOTR, Sopranos, SM, TOM, RFM, AFM, MM, MM, Tron, TF, ect.... all have useless pop pits. Confined area, where the ball gets tossed around in this tiny area with no interaction. Then dribbles out of a little open spot on the bottom. USELESS.
Waste of design and parts dollars that could be spent somewhere else. 3 pops is a lot of hardware for very little gameplay return. If your going to use those pops. Put them out in the open. When was the last time you seen a game, that had a random pop, out in the open to totally fuck with you? It's been awhile. the pop pits are getting very old and repetitive. If that's what they are going to do. Leave them off.

Yeah, CV with the pops to the side, that can send the ball toward the flippers, and the third disappearing pop, is pretty cool. But I abhor the pop by the left outlane in TZ!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ladies-gentlemen-a-1400-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.