20131117_175023.jpg
untitled.png
IMG_1289.JPG
155145.jpg
image-678.jpg
image-191.jpg
DSCN0884.JPG
sctarget2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Beautiful.

I couldn't really understand the appeal of this game until I had a chance to play it a couple months ago. It quickly shot to the top of my wishlist. Just an unbelievable game. Congrats.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's on my list as I love Gigi but not played SC. Gigi is addictive so is it the pop bumpers so near, yet so far?

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The rule set. The artwork. The game play. The collect-ability. It's a conversation piece and coveted by every major EM head.

All those things are true, but I think it's more than that. To me, Slick Chick is a genuine example of a machine where the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. SC requires all the pops to be hit in sequence (spell S-L-I-C-K and C-H-I-C-K) whereas Gigi wants you to complete a full set of colors. The difference in gameplay is subtle but very important; SC's design promotes aiming over the entire table - Gigi's design promotes aiming for the lower reds (the yellows are harder to complete without any additional reward). Additionally, SC's 1,2,3,4 rollover lanes provide another OCD objective to shoot for, and when you combine two simple, highly addictive, not-quite always obtainable objectives in one game, the replay/dopamine meter is off the charts. I won't even get into the brilliant use of offset bumpers under the flippers. IMO, Slick Chick is the epitome of simplicity perfected - like sushi.

Both games are visually striking from an overall layout perspective, and it's obvious they were done by the same team. Slick Chick's art is wonderfully seedy and a little creepy, but Gigi is much seedier and much creepier. Edge --> Gigi

Sorry for the gushing; I really do think SC is in a class all its own. I hope everyone interested in the game gets a chance to play it once.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gigi almost has a mini wizard mode in that to get 5 advances you need 5 perfect balls - insanely difficult.

I love stuff like that. My Sing Along has a similar goal where in order to get all 16 lights lit, it requires four separate drains in each of the four outlanes (2 side drains and a split center drain), and four separate plunges into the upper rollover lanes (these can be nudged back up from the pops if your good enough). Only ball 5 left to rack up the points!

I'll take the pops of Slick Chick/Gigi, the kickouts of Sing Along/K&Q, and the drops of El Dorado/Drop A Card over stacking multiballs any day of the week.

Viva la EM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ladies-and-gentlementhe-63-slick-chick-is-in-the-house?tu=TheShameGovernor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.