20131117_175023.jpg
untitled.png
IMG_1289.JPG
155145.jpg
image-678.jpg
image-191.jpg
DSCN0884.JPG
sctarget2.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

A big thank you to boilerman! Without his sale to me my elusive search for an awesome example of Slick Chick might have gone unanswered for more years. I have wanted this machine for 15 years and now I finally own it.

Enjoy the pictures....

DSCN0876.JPGDSCN0876.JPG
DSCN0877.JPGDSCN0877.JPG
DSCN0874.JPGDSCN0874.JPG
DSCN0873.JPGDSCN0873.JPG
DSCN0882.JPGDSCN0882.JPG
DSCN0878.JPGDSCN0878.JPG
DSCN0881.JPGDSCN0881.JPG
DSCN0879.JPGDSCN0879.JPG
DSCN0869.JPGDSCN0869.JPG
DSCN0870.JPGDSCN0870.JPG
DSCN0871.JPGDSCN0871.JPG
DSCN0875.JPGDSCN0875.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Sweeeeet machine!!

#3 10 years ago

Very nice, congrats! I played this one quite a bit at the Pacific Pinball Museum last Saturday. Lots of fun, enjoy.

#4 10 years ago

What settings should I have the posts on...Conservative, Medium or Liberal. This machine will be set up in the tournament area of Texas Pinball Festival in the spring.

#5 10 years ago

rat, i have all my machines at home set to the "liberal" positions... i suck bad enough without making the games harder....

for a tournament, punish them and set everything to "conservative"...

#6 10 years ago

Wow that is in great shape

#7 10 years ago

A beautiful survivor. Congrats!

#9 10 years ago

Beautiful.

I couldn't really understand the appeal of this game until I had a chance to play it a couple months ago. It quickly shot to the top of my wishlist. Just an unbelievable game. Congrats.

#10 10 years ago

Very Cool! Would not mind having one myself!

Congrats and Enjoy Rat!

Ken

#11 10 years ago

That playfield is fantastic to look at design-wise and the special when lit rabbit looks pretty lit! Nice looking game!

#12 10 years ago

I'd love to see a video of this machine in action, looks so cool.

#13 10 years ago

I bought mine from the original owner 5 years ago. Never leaving!

sctarget2.jpgsctarget2.jpgslick 005.jpgslick 005.jpg

#14 10 years ago

I left the settings on medium. I got everything good on this machine but the left flipper. Left flipper is weak and I am just going to have to play with the spring in different positions.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words!

Oh yeah I cracked the little green sleeve that goes over the bulb. it looks like a little green tube and it is made of hard plastic. Is there an easy place to buy one for a few dollars?

#15 10 years ago

WOW...that thing looks like brand new! Amazing!

I'm sure PBR probably has some...send Steve an email.
Joe

#16 10 years ago

Did Slick Chick come with a 100 point bell? Mine seems to not have one.

#17 10 years ago

And the best picture of all.

DSCN0884.JPGDSCN0884.JPG
#18 10 years ago

I spent all day tweaking this thing. I replaced all the rubbers and bulbs that were hard to reach underneath the playfield. Even though there was a good wax foundation on the playfield I applied another coat of wax over all the inserts, top arch and bottom half of playfield. I fixed the left flipper to make it stronger and centered it by jimmying a folded business card between the bottom of the playfield and that first piece of plastic with the three screws and the bottom of the rention spring. I adjusted the EOS switch. I meticulously set this pin uup at a 3.5% incline and dialed it in. I will need to get one 1 inch playfield socket and solder it in on the 4th button rollover. Maybe Jeff aka "way2wyrd" can bring one with him on Friday when he comes over and help me solder it in. Hell someone needs to teach me how to solder correctly (hands on learning) because I totally suck at it or I would have just hard wired the tit of the bulb. I finally got to play about 15 games on it but it is now 1am in the morning and my roommate is fast asleep in the bedroom next door. It is just like Christmas morning. I keep going into my game room just to repeatedly pinch myself.

#19 10 years ago

Wow what a beautiful game and in such good shape.
My only experience with SC is within the Microsoft arcade software which does not compare to real-life.

I am hoping maybe you could possibly post a video sometime of how the general gameplay goes, and also showing how the ruleset works? That would be REALLY cool!

Too bad your place is a couple days drive or I'd want to shoot a few!

#20 10 years ago

Steve....Big city of Dallas, cheap flights. lots to do here with places to eat etc. I would introduce you to the very small community of EM guys here in Dallas that I could count on one hand.

It is funny that you mention Microsoft Pinball. It was in 1998 that I bought the game and fell in love with EM's all over again...soon after I got a Bank-A-Ball a King of Diamonds and a 72 Fireball. Before yesterday the only Slick Chick I had ever played was on that same game disc I bought 15 years ago. It's a double edged sword that the EM price bubble popped back in like 2000 or 2001. Before that EM's and EM restorations were through the roof 3 and 4 grand was the norm for King Of Diamonds and other 60's titles. Now these machines can be had for 800-1600 dollars. Games like Cross Town and Central Park, all the Flipper games like Flipper Cowboy and Flipper Fair. I am glad the prices went down because now I can get these games at decent prices. But the other side to that sword is the pinball guy that loves EM's like you and I is a slowly dying breed.

Post a video? I dunno...my typical iphone or ipad could do it I guess. I don't know how good the quality would be though. I will see what I can do about that in the next few days.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

And the best picture of all.

DSCN0884.JPG 3 MB

bald guys unite!!!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

What settings should I have the posts on...Conservative, Medium or Liberal. This machine will be set up in the tournament area of Texas Pinball Festival in the spring.

Oh really.....thanks for the heads up on that.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

... Maybe Jeff aka "way2wyrd" can bring one with him on Friday when he comes over and help me solder it in. Hell someone needs to teach me how to solder correctly (hands on learning) because I totally suck at it ...

i need a guy like jeff nearby... i learned to solder 45 years ago and STILL suck at it...

#24 10 years ago

Damn , you have a keeper on your hands. Old school.

Quoted from SteveFury:

My only experience with SC is within the Microsoft arcade software which does not compare to real-life.

I have that software too^^ but i did get to play it at the Silverball museum in Asbury Park NJ.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

bald guys unite!!!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i learned to solder 45 years ago and STILL suck at it...

What kind of set up do you have, pencil iron or gun? I prefer the gun style as i believe they work better Imo on the Em` s.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video

once upon a time, i had long long hair... those days are past...

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

once upon a time, i had long long hair...

Ditto^^gotta look more respectable today. Plus it saves on shampoo.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

What kind of set up do you have, pencil iron or gun? I prefer the gun style as i believe they work better Imo on the Em` s.

couple different weller pencil irons... a 25 and a 40 watt one...

i can get a gun if you think it'll make my life easier... any suggestions for something decent that is reasonably priced?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Ditto^^gotta look more respectable today. Plus it saves on shampoo.

true dat...

i haven't bought shampoo in years... only "maintenance" i have to do with my head is a quick pass with the clippers once a week to shave off the places where it still grows...

image-191.jpgimage-191.jpg

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

couple different weller pencil irons... a 25 and a 40 watt one...
i can get a gun if you think it'll make my life easier... any suggestions for something decent that is reasonably priced?

y'know, someone really needs to invent a gun that "feeds" solder... that would make life SO much easier...

#32 10 years ago

Problem is soon as you heat rosin-core solder up, all that flux is burning away and quickly becoming useless. :p

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

I have 2, both are Wellers,old one (8100B) i use the most and i am the 3rd generation using it now. < has one heat setting. Look on E-bay as i just saw some there.
The newer Model(D550)i got from Home Depot years ago works well too but just a little more bulk to it,but otherwise it works fine. < has two heat settings.

#34 10 years ago

The key to using guns just like their counterparts is keep the tip clean and tinned,plus the 2 mounting points for the gun tips build up a slight oxidation and can be loosened and retightened to give it a clean (less resistance) current flow.

#35 10 years ago

I have a friend coming over tomorrow to not only play the machine but to give me a soldering lesson as we replace the one bad socket.

Josh...opps...I probably shouldn't have said anything about the game being in the tournament. The idea is Craig Hassell would bring his Slick Chick and Shawn C. would bring his if he had his restored in time. That would make 2-3 Slick Chicks in the tournament area.

#36 10 years ago

I have the Bill Murray receding hair line. I typically shave my head and have a goatee. I have my face shaven right now to encourage my weight loss or lack of weight loss.

Time to go play some more Slick Chick.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

I have 2, both are Wellers,old one (8100B) i use the most and i am the 3rd generation using it now. < has one heat setting. Look on E-bay as i just saw some there.
The newer Model(D550)i got from Home Depot years ago works well too but just a little more bulk to it,but otherwise it works fine. < has two heat settings.

thanks dude... i'll hunt one down...

#38 10 years ago

That would make a lot of sense if there were multiples available. Besides, I guarantee that there are people outside of the TPF committee that find out what games are going to be in the tourney area before TPF. If multibillion dollar corps can't keep a secret to save their lives, I'm willing to bet 10-15 people can't either. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the type to sit around and study rulesets, I'm not gonna drive to Austin or fly to Las Vegas to get some practice in on a game I've never played... I just think it would be awesome to have an opportunity to play it in a competition setting.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That would make a lot of sense if there were multiples available. Besides, I guarantee that there are people outside of the TPF committee that find out what games are going to be in the tourney area before TPF. If multibillion dollar corps can't keep a secret to save their lives, I'm willing to bet 10-15 people can't either. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the type to sit around and study rulesets, I'm not gonna drive to Austin or fly to Las Vegas to get some practice in on a game I've never played... I just think it would be awesome to have an opportunity to play it in a competition setting.

Josh you are welcome to come over anytime and play the game for hours if you like. Trust me you will because the game is beyond addictive. This is quite simply one of the top 3 EMs ever made. IMHO

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Problem is soon as you heat rosin-core solder up, all that flux is burning away and quickly becoming useless. :p

geez, there you go introducing logic into my dreams...

pin-it, i found a weller 8200 at the despot, but not a d550...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Josh you are welcome to come over anytime and play the game for hours if you like. Trust me you will because the game is beyond addictive. This is quite simply one of the top 3 EMs ever made. IMHO

Hey, you gotta say why

It's on my list as I love Gigi but not played SC. Gigi is addictive so is it the pop bumpers so near, yet so far?

#42 10 years ago

The rule set. The artwork. The game play. The collect-ability. It's a conversation piece and coveted by every major EM head. There are only two other EMs that I am aware of that people talk about even more or the same. That would be a 1950 Gottlieb Knock Out and a 1972 Bally Fireball. Both of those machines would be my other top 3. I didn't count Joker Poker EM or any other scarce late 70's Gottlieb EM.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pin-it, i found a weller 8200 at the despot, but not a d550...

Here is the Weller website,looks like the 8200 is a lightweight /homeowners version versus the D550 being the professional type.
http://www.apexhandtools.com/brands/weller/index.cfm?model_list=1&att_id=WEL001&att1=Soldering%20and%20Heat%20Guns&att2=Soldering%20Guns

Amazon has the D550 ( only $7 more than what i paid for it years ago): http://www.amazon.com/Weller-D550PK-120-volt-Professional-Soldering/dp/B00002N7S1/ref=sr_1_1

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Here is the Weller website,looks like the 8200 is a lightweight /homeowners version versus the D550 being the professional type.
http://www.apexhandtools.com/brands/weller/index.cfm?model_list=1&att_id=WEL001&att1=Soldering%20and%20Heat%20Guns&att2=Soldering%20Guns
Amazon has the D550 ( only $7 more than what i paid for it years ago): http://www.amazon.com/Weller-D550PK-120-volt-Professional-Soldering/dp/B00002N7S1/ref=sr_1_1

cool... time to out that prime membership to work...

thanks as always...

sorry rat for the tangential discussion in your thread...

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

A big thank you to boilerman! Without his sale to me my elusive search for an awesome example of Slick Chick might have gone unanswered for more years. I have wanted this machine for 15 years and now I finally own it.
Enjoy the pictures....

We boys from Florida allowed to stop in bro? Congrats and a great game!!!

DSCN0876.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0877.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0874.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0873.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0882.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0878.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0881.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0879.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0869.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0870.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0871.JPG 2 MB

DSCN0875.JPG 3 MB

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hell someone needs to teach me how to solder correctly (hands on learning) because I totally suck at it or I would have just hard wired the tit of the bulb.

I dont think he minds.

Quoted from ccotenj:sorry rat for the tangential discussion in your thread...

He needs to learn too.

#48 10 years ago

that's a good document...

Quoted from Pin-it:

I dont think he minds.

He needs to learn too.

yea, true...

#49 10 years ago

Thanks Pin-it! Just bought one!

My Weller was only the 100/140 watt version and just was not enough heat in some instances. I will continue to use it for simple wire attachment applications but will use my new Big Gun 200/220 Watt for the thick metal applications like Lamp Sockets to Metal Light Grids.

Ken

#50 10 years ago

Technical Details
Part Number 037103-47542
Item Weight 4.3 pounds
Product Dimensions 12 x 3 x 3 inches
Origin USA <<<<<<< I hope thats correct and if so excellent.
California residents Click here for Proposition 65 warning
Item model number D550PK
Power Source corded-electric

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ladies-and-gentlementhe-63-slick-chick-is-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.