Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#207 6 years ago

This why first time pinball purchases should really go through a local retailer. I purchased my first pinball through Trent when he was passing through town and so happy I did, he setup the game, showed me how it works, etc. I also did this after spending many hours at Amini learning everything I could and playing all my options.

Ordering your first pin, from a dealer you have never met, across the country, is asking for trouble.

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

BLUF: Some people should not buy NIB pinball machines.
    I now saw after reading this whole mess again that is the source of the problem.
    It was completely unclear as the thread was muddled with non specifics, accusations, and lack of education.
    This is case of new pinball buyer fumbling through the NIB shipping experience and knowing who to call and who not to call (at least initially).
    There is a misunderstanding of the responsibilities of the buyer, seller (distributor), shipper, and manufacturer.
    There is also a misunderstanding how this industry currently operates, at least for the time being, not that I necessarily agree with it since the market has shifted away from operators.
    There is still a presumption that this industry and sales works the same way as consumer electronics warrantied device.
    We are simply not there yet, until Best Buy starts offering NIB Stern pinball machines in their showrooms.
    There is nothing in the description that indicates anything part of the responsibility initially from Stern.
    After receipt reporting and damage remains at the discretion of manufacturer, if they choose to assist, which I am sure they would do, if conveyed properly, which has worked for me in the past when buying games from a multitude of manufacturers including Stern.
    People need to be of the potential issues on pinball games, their shipping, legitimacy of claims, and what areas apply.
    Either that or keep a set of fuzzy dice hanging over their house door frame every time a new game arrives.
    I don't recommend the second option as "hope is not a method" in pinball.

Agreed, and Stern causes this "anyone should buy a pinball" consumerist thinking in their marketing. They do not clearly explain this is a commercial piece of coin op with a very limited warranty and support system. They do not highlight the required maintenance, breakage, troubleshooting, etc. I'm not surprised if we see more and more of this Best Buy mentality in the hobby for first time pinball purchases. Who the hell would expect to pay these prices and deal with this shit, WE ARE ALL CRAZY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service?tu=tacshose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.