Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpinpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Being new to the pinball industry and a new customer I'm shocked that Stern ignores Customer's email, especially when it in involves a negative experience.

I see that Stern just hired a new guy for Consumer Sales.

Do you think Stern's attitudes will change?

Until it changes I'll spend my hard earned money at Jersey Jacks.

stern@pinsiders

#games

-----
    Moderator comment: original thread title was: "Lack of Stern Customer Service"

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

What email? What negative experience? Stern is a manufacturer, like like GM and usually when you have an issue you go to your distributor first, where you bought the game from.
    Rob

I did and as such I when to the next level.

For all the others that have posted;

Ford, GM and Chyrsler answer customers' email, ESPECIALLY IF ITS ABOUT A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.

This is what is referred to as "Customer SERVICE" and cultivating/maintaining a client base

Obviously you have never run a business

Btw, The hash tags were at the request of the forum's admin

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from JMK:

I've personally dealt directly with Chas at Stern many times and he's been extremely helpful in assisting. I think it's likely best you phone to get the quickest assistance.

Can you please PM his contact email, I 'd like to forward what was sent

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Is this guy for real? Hey mods, do I need to use #thesethings now every time I want to complain about Stern?

Don't like it, Don't read it,

That's why computers have an "OFF" Button

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Don't fall for this shit peoples.
    Just lightweights gettin too drunk too soon on this fine holiday.

I don't drink and this is my first time posting.

But, thank you for checking in on me.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Obviously you are missing an important piece of information, what is the problem? If you were this vague when emailing Stern, it's no wonder you didn't get a reply. And, did you even try phoning them?

No, nothing missing here.

The only thing missing was Stern's failure to respond to a FIRST TIME Customer's email of a negative experience with a purchase of almost $9,000 from on of Stern's Dealers. I left BOTH my email address AND PHONE NUMBER.

Even a "Thank you for your concerns...." email would have sufficed, as I know of people that are just natural complainers (as exampled by some of the replies above).

I had a valid complaint and it should not of been ignored.

In order to cultivate and maintain a customer base you must address a Client's concern.

I'll try calling them to follow up on my email

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh? This forum? I don't think any of us have been in communication with you before...

Feel free to edit the hash tag and links

When you create a new post it instructs you to add the links and I just followed the instructions.

I attempted to tag it to Stern but was unsuccessful

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Open a ticket on the Support desk or calling is best.
    If you haven't gotten a response to an email, please email it to me and who you sent to. [email protected]
    LTG : )

Now ^^^THIS^^^ is an example of maintaining a client base.

Thank you for your reply and input

Stern should take note.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Call me tomorrow Raddog, I can help you out.

I don't know who Raddog is???

Send me your contact number I'll call you.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just an observation, if the OP both wrote or called in the past three days...

Negative, Email was sent OVER +2 WEEKS AGO.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He is expecting the normal retail experience of walking into customer service at the store and just returning something no questions asked.

Please Re-read the post.

I tried to work with the Dealer. I EVEN ARRANGED TO HAVE A TECH INSPECT THE MACHINE AT THE FREIGHT TERMINAL.

New Stern Machines, as thoroughly documented on this forum, are prone to damage when moved. The shipment was mishandled and damaged by the freight company and could not fully insure that damage like this had not occurred.

This was a purchase of almost $9,000 was for an LE Machine THAT WAS FULLY INSURED FOR SHIPPING DAMAGE.

All I requested was the undamaged product delivered AS CONTRACTED.

Hemispheres Amusements treated this issue like it m fault and also refused to refund my money.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Dick Hemispheres huh, I do like the name.
    OP, if your game was damaged during shipping and it is obvious that the box is damaged you should have refused delivery. At that point the game goes back to stern and they will send you another one. If the box looked good and you just have some problems with gameplay call 1-800-kickers and Chaz will take good care of you. For the most part stern has pretty good customer service. If the box was damaged and the game is damaged and you accepted the shipment then it's now on you to work it out with the shipping company. You should have never taken delivery of it.

The box had some significant damage and because of that I refused the shipment.

Subsequently to the Freight Damage Claim being filed the Dealer REFUSED;

1) TO HAVE THE MACHINE INSPECTED AND;

2) TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT RE-SHIPPED.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

I read your other threads post. So you ordered a Aerosmith LE and it showed up damaged at the freight place. You contacted your distributor but he told you to F off pretty much. Now you emailed Stern, when did you email them?

Over 2 weeks ago

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

OP: I would highly recommend that you try dealing with the distributor, shipper, and Stern if necessary.
    I guarantee that complaining on Pinside will only make your issue more frustrating than it is already.
    Having said that, if there's anything in particular that you want help with, or need advice on how to fix something, Pinside can be great for that.
    Good luck either way.

My intent is to demonstrate my negative experience in which I tried everything to resolve. It will also help future customers avoid using a Dealer that will leave you out to dry if they have a similar problem.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Looks like we will get the other half of the story soon.

As stated in my previous postings, I'm not one to complain about trivial BS.

Think what you will, but I have the email string(s) to prove that this Dealer left me out to dry.

Like others have posted;

The Dealer should of:

A) Had the shipment inspected and if it was deamed UNAFFECTED/DAMAGED resumed with the re-deliverly OR;

B) Returned and re-shipped a replacement.

But that DID NOT happen and THE DEALER REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

What Stern email address did you use?
    Something doesnt add up here. Your distributor has posted your bad buisness and your not telling the true story. Do you have any pictures of the damaged box you refused to accept?
    If you sent Stern a crazy rambling bitching email they will probably just delete it and figure if your for real and not a troll you will call them

Submitted an email message thru Stern's website that included THE FACTS almost exactly as posted in this string.

No Bi@#$ching just the facts.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Was the shop's location even anywhere near the shipping terminal? I doubt they would want to travel very far if the terminal was not local for them.

Ok, so the next question is, have you contacted Stern directly if the distributor has been as unresponsive as you have indicated?

Left a Msg @ Stern Sales this AM.

#85 6 years ago

I'd like to that the great people @ http://firebirdpinball.com/

The responded to my request to inspect the shipment WHILE THEY WERE ON VACATION.

But Hemispheres Amusements NEVER CONTACTED THEY FOR THE INSPECTION.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If you sent an email that was like what you posted here with no details and no real info then that is why you did not get a reply. Call stern and have them work out a solution with your distributor.

Sorry my mistake I was referring to my post under HERMISPHERES AMUSEMENTS, that was detailed.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

. If the box was damaged and the game is damaged and you accepted the shipment then it's now on you to work it out with the shipping company. You should have never taken delivery of it.

EXACTLY, I couldn't of said it better.

This was also not a $200 item, it was almost $9,000.00

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

That is NOT the case. This is NOT a cut and dry deal here guys.

What is not cut and dry?

1) I paid for a Stern ASLE IN FULL;

2) You shipped the machine;

3) The shipping company damaged the shipment and it was refused;

4) In an attempt to work out a solution I CONTACTED AND ARRANGED TO HAVE FIREBIRD PINBALL TECHS CONDUCT AN INSPECTION AT THE FREIGHT TERMINAL The driver documented the damage, shipment was refused and a freight claim filed on the same day AND YOU WERE NOTIFIED OF THIS, (AS YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD FILE THE FREIGHT DAMAGE CLAIM);

5) You never contacted Firebird Pinball or had another Pinball Technician conduct and inspection TO INSURE NO CONCEALED DAMAGE OR OTHER DAMAGE WAS PRESENT.

6) I requested that an inspection be completed and the delivery continued IF THE INSPECTION SHOWED NO DAMAGE OR A REPLACEMENT MACHINE BE RE-SHIPPED. Neither of these two options happened.

7) The shipment was returned to you;

8 ) You refused to refund my paypal payments.

What is not cut and dry about this?

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

I knew someone would say this. When you see how long that post will and how well documented be you will understand. I am replying to emails and peeking in here. No lie when I tell you the stack of paperwork I have on this is 3/4" thick. Not like I can make that post in a few minutes. You want to know what happened then I will, but it's not going to be a broad post of "I got ripped off" I have facts. he has claims.

You don't have to.

Just answer these 3 questions;

1) Why wasn't an inspection by a pinball tech conducted at the Freight Terminal BEFORE the shipment was returned to you and;

2) Why wasn't a replacement machine shipped and;

3) Why, if a replacement was not shipped, did you ignore Paypal's request and refused issue a refund?

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got $10 on Hemispheres, and that the OP tried to return a perfect game with a dented box. Haha

It wasn't just dented, look at the pic I posted in the HA thread

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You haven't posted any photos that I can see.

Here it is again

The pallet was UNSECURED (i.e. unstrapped/unsecured to the trailer) alone in a semi-trailer when the damage was found.

I could not insure that CONCEALED DAMAGE HAD NOT OCCURRED.

SAIA Pallet Damage (resized).jpgSAIA Pallet Damage (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got $10 on Hemispheres, and that the OP tried to return a perfect game with a dented box. Haha

You can send me you $10 via paypal

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sadly,..too much correct spelling and punctuation.

Yea, I have fat fingers

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

We have seen several distributors come on here and defend themselves....and wouldn't calling it "trashing the customer."
    After reading the OP's posts in this thread.....I wouldn't sell him Novus 1......

Why not, because I wouldn't take a chance of the acceptance of "concealed damage'?

Please be more specific.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

No PinPin... compared to some other new guys your spelling and punctuation is a welcome relief. Great job with that atleast!
    Nobody wants to see you get screwed outta 9k. I certainly hope everything works out. But a lot of fellas come in here screamin and hollerin when all of it coulda been solved much more respectfully and civilized. Common courtesy goes A LONG way.

I tried to work out a solution.

It was I that suggested, then contacted a pinball tech to have them inspect the shipment at the freight terminal and the Seller was aware of this.

The Seller made no attempt in having an inspection completed as the Tech I had lined up was never called.

#127 6 years ago

Why didn't you answer the 3 questions that I posted?

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Just wait until I start with that deal. You were such a treat to deal with let me tell you Joe. I pity the next dealer who has to deal with you...I really do.
    Just sit back Joe, I will be more than happy to refresh your memory since even your claims on the price is $700.00 off. Did it just slip your mind that we sold it to you for $8300? Did it slip your mind to mention we shipped it insured no charge, gave you a free shaker, a discounted topper and bank rolled you 2 weeks PAST your agreed terms interest free? Oh and what about the conversation we had about that shipping? The one where I said if you wanted to save a few bucks we can do terminal pick up (not and option for you, ok no problem) or if your a business with a dock it's cheaper than residential with liftgate. You jumped all over that then wondered why there was no liftgate on the truck when it showed up. Then we google earth the address and it's your home. Carries upcharges regardless so then you stick it to me there too. Joe, from day one you have been nothing but an unethical and complete PITA. Every time you cried the blues on prices I bent over backwards, then I have to pound on you to get you to pay for the thing. I'm not your bank. ESPECIALLY on these margins. You obviously could not afford the game, why you were buying it I have no clue. I was an idiot for selling this game to you. I really was.

Stop the attempting to divert and just answer these 3 questions;

1) Why wasn't an inspection by a pinball tech conducted, as requested, at the Freight Terminal BEFORE the shipment was returned to you and;

2) Why wasn't a replacement machine shipped and;

3) Why, if a replacement was not shipped, did you ignore Paypal's request and refused issue a refund?

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Thank you. Yeah, just because we are a business does not mean we should be blasted and abused. At the end of the day we are all people living in a non perfect world. S**t happens. All you have to do is work together. All calls went unanswered.

I didn't answer your calls becasue I stuck to emails as to avoid any he said/she said miscommunication AND I STATED THAT IN MY EMAIL.

You are absolutely correct Stuff does happen BUT;

It's the responsibility of a Seller to deal with issues that were no fault of the buyer.

The Freight Company's inspection is only an attempt to minimize the freight company's liability. THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S DIDN'T INSURE THAT CONCEALED DAMAGE WAS NOT PRESENT, (i.e. please see the thread where Stern's main boxes are separating). That is why I had a Pinball Tech lined up to conduct a full inspection, (remember it was I that suggested then lined up the tech in an attempt to resolve the issue).

Furthermore, If the unit was unboxed by the freight company why didn't you contact Firebird Pinball to do a professional inspection,they were ready to respond.

I'm glad I stuck to emails, as I still have all of them and they don't lie.

Remember, you continue owning the shipment from the start until its successful undamaged delivery and acceptance, not I.

I was in constant communicated via email, UNTIL IT CAME DOWN TO YOU FAILING TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTIVE ACTION;

1) Have a pinball tech inspect the game, if the inspection shows no damage, CONTINUE WITH THE DELIVERY OR;

2) Re-ship a replacement.

But you chose not to do either.

I can still post the emails that I sent and you received/replied to.

I filed the Paypal dispute after you failed to refund my money (as you stated in an email). I again sent a follow up email about the refund that went unanswered. I had no choice than to file a dispute with Paypal FOR ALMOST $8,990.00, not the $8300 that you allege, (incl the paypal fees that yiou made me pay upfront).

Even after the dispute was opened Paypal emailed you. You then could of easily issued an immediate refund, but YOU DID NOT ISSUE A PAYPAL REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY, (and I'm still waiting for a full refund).

But you'll never answer my questions because that would require you telling the whole truth, (if not, prove me wrong and answer them).

Btw, you're reference to being abusive is incredibly low, unjustified and unprofessional. Never in my life have I had a Business, (especially when I have the email string) allege that standing up for a request of an undamaged delivery of a high dollar item was considered as being abusive.

You can try and salvage what is left, by issuing my Paypal refund by COB today.

But I have a better chance of hitting the Lottery.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Im curious why you are throwing "fireball pinball" whoever they are, under the bus, because if they cant see thta there is no damage, the what kind of outfit are they. I guess two thins to learn from this thread, beware of buyer pinpinpin and fireball pinball
    I however, have been a customer and seller to Kurt. He has always been a pleasure to deal with and one of the good guys. I wanted a pin he had earlier this year, and he wanted to make sure that i knew everything about the machine.

No, the Folks @ FIREBIRD PINBALL WERE EXCELLENT. They returned my call after hours and wanted to help out.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIREBIRD PINBALL www.firebirdpinball.com THEY KNOW HOW TO TREAT A NEW CUSTOMER

They were ready to go to the freight terminal and do the inspection. But Dick@HemispheresAmusements never called them.

In reply to all the other comments;

The Dick@HemispheresAmusements had filed a freight damage claim, so any 3rd party inspection would be considered "mitigating any freight damages" and would be paid thru the freight damage claim/insurance. That's why you see discounted salvage sales of "Shipping box open/damaged."

I didn't make the decision alone. I had sent the pics to a manage of a large national freight company and his concern was being unrestrained in the trailer the pallet could of had a roll over type event. It was then he suggested that a pinball tech conduct and inspection at the freight terminal. Dick@HemispheresAmusements was advised and never took action.

As you can see its now Dick@HemispheresAmusements had the opportunity to issue the paypal refund and again ignored me. Its after hours @ Stern and the message I left @ Sales also went ignored.

The facts are facts

I appreciate all the comments, (even the ones that showed their @$$es).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpinpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service?tu=pinpinpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.