Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 6 years ago

I recently emailed Stern and received a reply from George Gomez, about 90 minutes later, after hours.

If you don't hear back, you should either pick up the phone and call them, or work through your distributor.
    Or start a new thing on Change.org.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Now ^^^THIS^^^ is an example of maintaining a client base.
    Thank you for your reply and input
    Stern should take note.

The mere fact that you're off to such a miserable start on here, and continuing to go strong makes me wonder but I'll bite anyway...

Did you want to explain what your ACTUAL issue is? Lots of people on here might be able to help out, or share similar issues that they had, and how they were solved, or if it's just something that has been identified already that needs to be improved.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

The box had some significant damage and because of that I refused the shipment.
    Subsequently to the Freight Damage Claim being filed the Dealer REFUSED;
    1) TO HAVE THE MACHINE INSPECTED AND;
    2) TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT RE-SHIPPED.

OP: I would highly recommend that you try dealing with the distributor, shipper, and Stern if necessary.
    I guarantee that complaining on Pinside will only make your issue more frustrating than it is already.
    Having said that, if there's anything in particular that you want help with, or need advice on how to fix something, Pinside can be great for that.
    Good luck either way.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

You can send me you $10 via paypal

Bah. You'll just say it was damaged and try to return it.

#138 6 years ago

In all fairness, if a first time buyer receives a box with a hole in it, I could understand some concern.
    Curious to hear how the next phase was handled by the distributor.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Yeah it's just glare. Anyone is welcome to come look at this game. I have ZERO to hide here.

How much for an unboxed ASLE?

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

No, the Folks @ FIREBIRD PINBALL WERE EXCELLENT. They returned my call after hours and wanted to help out.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIREBIRD PINBALL http://www.firebirdpinball.com THEY KNOW HOW TO TREAT A NEW CUSTOMER
    They were ready to go to the freight terminal and do the inspection. But Dick@HemispheresAmusements never called them.
    In reply to all the other comments;
    The Dick@HemispheresAmusements had filed a freight damage claim, so any 3rd party inspection would be considered "mitigating any freight damages" and would be paid thru the freight damage claim/insurance. That's why you see discounted salvage sales of "Shipping box open/damaged."
    I didn't make the decision alone. I had sent the pics to a manage of a large national freight company and his concern was being unrestrained in the trailer the pallet could of had a roll over type event. It was then he suggested that a pinball tech conduct and inspection at the freight terminal. Dick@HemispheresAmusements was advised and never took action.
    As you can see its now Dick@HemispheresAmusements had the opportunity to issue the paypal refund and again ignored me. Its after hours @ Stern and the message I left @ Sales also went ignored.
    The facts are facts
    I appreciate all the comments, (even the ones that showed their @$$es).

So, apparently much more than most on here, I can appreciate that as a first time buyer, you didn't want to risk signing for a damaged pin.
    Still, I'm at a loss as to why your conversation didn't go much better with the distributor.
    ie: "Look, I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable. I'm going to walk away from this thing. I would be happy to have you send me another pin instead, or I'll take a refund and we can part ways. Sorry this didn't work out. I appreciate your efforts."
    -But to then come on Pinside and throw Stern under the bus for not replying to your email (I expect they were like: WTF?!?), really wasn't cool.
    It's ok to understand now how these things work and if you're going to buy another pin in the future, what to expect.
    But still, I would likely stop replying to any posts on here and just call it a lesson learned, my friend.

FYI: I have an Aerosmith LE. Love it. Sorry this didn't work out for you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.