Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 6 years ago

Being new to the pinball industry and a new customer I'm shocked that Stern ignores Customer's email, especially when it in involves a negative experience.

I see that Stern just hired a new guy for Consumer Sales.

Do you think Stern's attitudes will change?

Until it changes I'll spend my hard earned money at Jersey Jacks.

stern@pinsiders

#games

-----
    Moderator comment: original thread title was: "Lack of Stern Customer Service"

#2 6 years ago

What email? What negative experience? Stern is a manufacturer, like like GM and usually when you have an issue you go to your distributor first, where you bought the game from.

Not everyone has a bad experience, but your poll doesn't reflect that possiblity.

Rob

#3 6 years ago

C'mon dude, get lost. You're like the guy in the beginning of Clerks who tells everybody how terrible cigarettes are so they buy your chewing gum. Yawn.

#4 6 years ago

Jjp doesn't respond to email well either. You have to call if you want a quick response.

#5 6 years ago

And WTF is up with the hash tags?

#6 6 years ago

To put it in perspective, Stern is like the company that makes your shingles. You don't usually get breakneck turnaround if you call GAF complaining about the lower tar viscosity of their 25 year shingles. You return them to Home Depot.

#7 6 years ago

I've personally dealt directly with Chas at Stern many times and he's been extremely helpful in assisting. I think it's likely best you phone to get the quickest assistance.

#8 6 years ago

I recently emailed Stern and received a reply from George Gomez, about 90 minutes later, after hours.

If you don't hear back, you should either pick up the phone and call them, or work through your distributor.
    Or start a new thing on Change.org.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

What email? What negative experience? Stern is a manufacturer, like like GM and usually when you have an issue you go to your distributor first, where you bought the game from.
    Rob

I did and as such I when to the next level.

For all the others that have posted;

Ford, GM and Chyrsler answer customers' email, ESPECIALLY IF ITS ABOUT A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.

This is what is referred to as "Customer SERVICE" and cultivating/maintaining a client base

Obviously you have never run a business

Btw, The hash tags were at the request of the forum's admin

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from JMK:

I've personally dealt directly with Chas at Stern many times and he's been extremely helpful in assisting. I think it's likely best you phone to get the quickest assistance.

Can you please PM his contact email, I 'd like to forward what was sent

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Is this guy for real? Hey mods, do I need to use #thesethings now every time I want to complain about Stern?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Is this guy for real? Hey mods, do I need to use #thesethings now every time I want to complain about Stern?

Don't like it, Don't read it,

That's why computers have an "OFF" Button

#13 6 years ago

Drained....

#14 6 years ago

Using the hashtag on the forums allows you to link to game titles.

Like this:

#ac-dc

If you click on the link, it will bring you to the game archive page for that game title.

#15 6 years ago

Pinpinpin, I've phoned customer service directly at Stern.
    It is typically Chas who picks up and is helpful in assisting. He's a very nice guy and has always been very pleasant to deal with.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Huh? This forum? I don't think any of us have been in communication with you before...

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Jjp doesn't respond to email well either. You have to call if you want a quick response.

Open a ticket on the Support desk or calling is best.

If you haven't gotten a response to an email, please email it to me and who you sent to. [email protected]

LTG : )

#18 6 years ago

Welcome to this weeks troll thread. Thank you drive thru.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

I did and as such I when to the next level.
    For all the others that have posted;
    Ford, GM and Chyrsler answer customers' email, ESPECIALLY IF ITS ABOUT A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.
    This is what is referred to as "Customer SERVICE" and cultivating/maintaining a client base

Obviously you are missing an important piece of information, what is the problem? If you were this vague when emailing Stern, it's no wonder you didn't get a reply. And, did you even try phoning them?

#21 6 years ago

Don't fall for this shit peoples.
    Just lightweights gettin too drunk too soon on this fine holiday.

#22 6 years ago

Close this troll account. Just another retread trying to hide behind a fake new account.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Not everyone has a bad experience, but your poll doesn't reflect that possiblity.
    Rob

Not exactly. Stern puts the "1-800-KICKERS" # right on the machines for any issues. My dealer also told me to contact Stern directly for any problems.

#24 6 years ago

I'm no Stern fan, but this guy is an idiot.

#25 6 years ago

Lol....looks like Raddog is back. Lemme guess, 10 pins, ps4 software is better, and a boat?

#26 6 years ago

I've always had excellent support service from Stern (email and phone calls) for both new and used games. Most recently, I've had similar excellent support from JPP on a used WoZ. As manufactures, they both get very high marks from me for the support and help they offer.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Lol....looks like Raddog is back. Lemme guess, 10 pins, ps4 software is better, and a boat?

It's Memorial Day! Boats and hoes.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Yep, nail on head, was trying to think of that dude

#29 6 years ago

TITS!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Least he was kind enough to waive the ten pin minimum to respond to the thread.....

#31 6 years ago

Dragon Boat Day here in China today - public holiday as well but for a different reason.

Oh....so I'm still "on topic" in this thread - from almost all of the feedback I get, Stern customer service is great. They go over and above what is required so maybe it's the OP who needs to adjust his attitude....

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Do you think his pins sold this time?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Don't fall for this shit peoples.
    Just lightweights gettin too drunk too soon on this fine holiday.

I don't drink and this is my first time posting.

But, thank you for checking in on me.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Obviously you are missing an important piece of information, what is the problem? If you were this vague when emailing Stern, it's no wonder you didn't get a reply. And, did you even try phoning them?

No, nothing missing here.

The only thing missing was Stern's failure to respond to a FIRST TIME Customer's email of a negative experience with a purchase of almost $9,000 from on of Stern's Dealers. I left BOTH my email address AND PHONE NUMBER.

Even a "Thank you for your concerns...." email would have sufficed, as I know of people that are just natural complainers (as exampled by some of the replies above).

I had a valid complaint and it should not of been ignored.

In order to cultivate and maintain a customer base you must address a Client's concern.

I'll try calling them to follow up on my email

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh? This forum? I don't think any of us have been in communication with you before...

Feel free to edit the hash tag and links

When you create a new post it instructs you to add the links and I just followed the instructions.

I attempted to tag it to Stern but was unsuccessful

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

No, nothing missing here.
    The only thing missing was Stern's failure to respond to a FIRST TIME Customer's email of a negative experience with a purchase of almost $9,000 from on of Stern's Dealers. I left BOTH my email address AND PHONE NUMBER.
    Even a "Thank you for your concerns...." email would have sufficed, as I know of people that are just natural complainers (as exampled by some of the replies above).
    I had a valid complaint and it should not of been ignored.
    In order to cultivate and maintain a customer base is to address a Client's concern.
    I'll try calling them to follow up on my email

Call me tomorrow Raddog, I can help you out.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you haven't gotten a response to an email, please email it to me and who you sent to. [email protected]

Now ^^^THIS^^^ is an example of maintaining a client base.

Thank you for your reply and input

Stern should take note.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Call me tomorrow Raddog, I can help you out.

I don't know who Raddog is???

Send me your contact number I'll call you.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Stern should take note.

The mere fact that you're off to such a miserable start on here, and continuing to go strong makes me wonder but I'll bite anyway...

Did you want to explain what your ACTUAL issue is? Lots of people on here might be able to help out, or share similar issues that they had, and how they were solved, or if it's just something that has been identified already that needs to be improved.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Or #Lloyd911 (:

#41 6 years ago

I read your other threads post. So you ordered a Aerosmith LE and it showed up damaged at the freight place. You contacted your distributor but he told you to F off pretty much. Now you emailed Stern, when did you email them?

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

I don't drink and this is my first time posting.
    But, thank you for checking in on me.

Checking in on you?
    I'm not Mrs. Garrett. Take yer bullshit somewhere else.
    charlotterae (resized).jpgcharlotterae (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

#goaway

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Shhhhhhhh.....he's you.

#45 6 years ago

Just an observation, if the OP both wrote or called in the past three days...

Memorial Day weekend in the United States is not an optimal period to contact Stern's Customer Service.
    The same goes for distributors.
    Consider this point, as it was a important day to honor the fallen heroes of the United States conflicts.
    Unfortunately, Stern has not installed the 24 hour batphone "hotline" for new pinball machine owners yet.
    No TBA date either.

Note: Operators never had a batphone to WMS, GTB, DE, Sega, or AGC either, so don't get hopes up, and start identifying problems by education.

I am quite sure, if you call tomorrow, you will get answer, but ready to answer their questions back in correct technical detail and terminology to get the quickest proper help. There was not even a problem, title, or cause listed, so I am not what could be expected anyway. Case files are optimal to ensure the best results.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Stern should take note.

What is the issue with your machine? Your distributer should be your first point of call. This forum is also an excellent place that could resolve your issue.

Be patient, this is pinball!

#47 6 years ago

Just post pics of the master Bash in your garage and get it over with

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Someone who tended to start controversial topics with leading questions.

If you post what the actual/specific problem is that you are having, you may be able to get assistance for that problem. Otherwise, with a vague question, all you will probably get are vague responses.

#49 6 years ago

Chas is amazing. Just call or email him and things get done.

#50 6 years ago

IMG_3055 (resized).JPGIMG_3055 (resized).JPG

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.