Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's more that the pictures are a bit difficult to interpret. The T-moulding looks a bit damaged... but that's probably only because it's super shiny (chrome perhaps?) and showing the reflections of the cardboard around it.

You nailed it. After closer inspection, its a reflection of the cardboard.

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

You nailed it. After closer inspection, its a reflection of the cardboard.

Yeah it's just glare. Anyone is welcome to come look at this game. I have ZERO to hide here.

#153 6 years ago

Mods needs to change title of this thread.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Yeah it's just glare. Anyone is welcome to come look at this game. I have ZERO to hide here.

How much for an unboxed ASLE?

#155 6 years ago

The moral of the story: Never sell an ASLE to an ASLE.

#156 6 years ago

For the record, I took my Mustang LE with a hole in the box a couple of years ago...clearly a fork got it. I was still able to determine that it was fine...and accepted it...or if it wasn't...I knew I could work with my distro to make it right. Either way, I didn't come on Pinside...guns blazing...bashing Stern....

IMG_20150716_182049 (resized).jpgIMG_20150716_182049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20150716_170531 (resized).jpgIMG_20150716_170531 (resized).jpg

#157 6 years ago

This thread does feel a bit like Radrog. Curious if this was shipped to the Detroit area.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

This thread does feel a bit like Radrog. Curious if this was shipped to the Detroit area.

No AZ.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

For the record, I took my Mustang LE with a hole in the box a couple of years ago...clearly a fork got it. I was still able to determine that it was fine...and accepted it...or if it wasn't...I knew I could work with my distro to make it right. Either way, I didn't come on Pinside...guns blazing...bashing Stern....

"or if it wasn't...I knew I could work with my distro to make it right." EXACTLY!

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

The box had some significant damage and because of that I refused the shipment.
    Subsequently to the Freight Damage Claim being filed the Dealer REFUSED;
    1) TO HAVE THE MACHINE INSPECTED AND;
    2) TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT RE-SHIPPED.

Listen, I know Kurt very well at Hemispheres. There was a small group of us guys that all got started at the same time in the 90's. Kurt turned his into a full fledged retail business and has flourished from there. He did not get there treating his customers badly.

I am assuming you wanted Kurt to pay for you to send someone out to inspect the machine? Is this correct? If so, I would have told you to pound sand as well. You refused shipment based on the box and never inspected the content. Again, go pound sand. I am sure Stern has been warned of your antics and could quite possibly why they will not respond to you.

You want a sympathetic pinside, quit shadowing the details and come out with it. You might get more help than you realize.

Jack

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Chas is amazing. Just call or email him and things get done.

And his mom will even make you meatloaf.

Chas (resized).jpgChas (resized).jpg

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Same thing with my AC/DC. I dug open the hole a little more and found that my machine had zero damage. Was playing it an hour later.

In regards to Stern customer service; I had a pixel out on the DMD. Sent an email. Got an immediate response back and had a new DMD within days. Stern could not have been more proactive and accommodating.

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

How much for an unboxed ASLE?

So......

#164 6 years ago

What a cluster.

OP receives damaged box on an expensive toy and freaks (understandable)
    OP wants distributor to pay for an inspection at the terminal (Why?...not part of the process)
    OP opens a claim with PayPal (for "product not received" no less) the SAME DAY! (totally unreasonable)
    PayPal locks up the funds so now the distributor cannot refund (nice move OP...not)

I would deal with this distributor without hesitation.

Edit - OP drags STERN into this mess for reasons unknown.

#165 6 years ago

We should start a bidding process off of this thread....help the distributor find a great home for someone who would love this machine.....

Opening bid 1.00.....

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

What a cluster.
    OP receives damaged box on an expensive toy and freaks (understandable)
    OP wants distributor to pay for an inspection at the terminal (Why?...not part of the process)
    OP opens a claim with PayPal (for "product not received" no less) the SAME DAY! (totally unreasonable)
    PayPal locks up the funds so now the distributor cannot refund (nice move OP...not)
    I would deal with this distributor without hesitation.

Yep.
    I really think the OP overreacted. I get that he's new to the hobby, but opening a Pinside account for the sole reason of trashing both the distributor and Stern was way over the top. Don't get me started with the dopey poll and thread title.

...and what do you know. Turns out the game had zero damage. He could be enjoying it now.

If it were me, I'd take a deep breath, appologize to Hemispheres, chalk it up to a first time experience and try to resolve this calmly, although now that he involved PayPal on an alleged false claim, it won't be easy.

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Thank you. Yeah, just because we are a business does not mean we should be blasted and abused. At the end of the day we are all people living in a non perfect world. S**t happens. All you have to do is work together. All calls went unanswered.

I didn't answer your calls becasue I stuck to emails as to avoid any he said/she said miscommunication AND I STATED THAT IN MY EMAIL.

You are absolutely correct Stuff does happen BUT;

It's the responsibility of a Seller to deal with issues that were no fault of the buyer.

The Freight Company's inspection is only an attempt to minimize the freight company's liability. THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S DIDN'T INSURE THAT CONCEALED DAMAGE WAS NOT PRESENT, (i.e. please see the thread where Stern's main boxes are separating). That is why I had a Pinball Tech lined up to conduct a full inspection, (remember it was I that suggested then lined up the tech in an attempt to resolve the issue).

Furthermore, If the unit was unboxed by the freight company why didn't you contact Firebird Pinball to do a professional inspection,they were ready to respond.

I'm glad I stuck to emails, as I still have all of them and they don't lie.

Remember, you continue owning the shipment from the start until its successful undamaged delivery and acceptance, not I.

I was in constant communicated via email, UNTIL IT CAME DOWN TO YOU FAILING TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTIVE ACTION;

1) Have a pinball tech inspect the game, if the inspection shows no damage, CONTINUE WITH THE DELIVERY OR;

2) Re-ship a replacement.

But you chose not to do either.

I can still post the emails that I sent and you received/replied to.

I filed the Paypal dispute after you failed to refund my money (as you stated in an email). I again sent a follow up email about the refund that went unanswered. I had no choice than to file a dispute with Paypal FOR ALMOST $8,990.00, not the $8300 that you allege, (incl the paypal fees that yiou made me pay upfront).

Even after the dispute was opened Paypal emailed you. You then could of easily issued an immediate refund, but YOU DID NOT ISSUE A PAYPAL REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY, (and I'm still waiting for a full refund).

But you'll never answer my questions because that would require you telling the whole truth, (if not, prove me wrong and answer them).

Btw, you're reference to being abusive is incredibly low, unjustified and unprofessional. Never in my life have I had a Business, (especially when I have the email string) allege that standing up for a request of an undamaged delivery of a high dollar item was considered as being abusive.

You can try and salvage what is left, by issuing my Paypal refund by COB today.

But I have a better chance of hitting the Lottery.

#168 6 years ago

Game has been fully inspected and reboxed by Stern at the Stern factory, But I will always be competitive if your looking.

#169 6 years ago

Well this story may be a waste of time, but at least I learned something.

BOX (resized).jpgBOX (resized).jpg

Making a 3 sided cut & lifting the cardboard is an excellent way to peak inside the box & check for damage

(which there is none in this case)

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Furthermore, If the unit was unboxed by the freight company why didn't you contact Firebird Pinball to do a professional inspection,they were ready to respond.
    Btw have you spoke to Stern about this?

Because at that point I was done with you Joe. I saw the writing on the wall. I don't need your aggravation. As you can see by the posts of those who know me, they know how I operate. So does EVERY 5 star post I have online. I have ZERO below 5. You will tarnish that but I'm more than fine with it if it means you go away. Your not someone I care to do business with. Just like you make your rules. I make mine. Move on please. Your getting refunded....gladly. I'm done wasting my time on you. Maybe you'll find another sucker to bank roll you. You taught me a valuable lesson Joe and for that...Thanks!

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

could of easily

It's "could have"

-- edit..It's a joke FFS!!

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

I didn't answer your calls becasue I stuck to emails as to avoid any he said/she said miscommunication AND I STATED THAT IN MY EMAIL.
    It's the responsibility of a Seller to deal with issues that were no fault of the buyer.
    The Freight Company's inspection is only an attempt to minimize the freight company's liability. THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S DIDN'T INSURE THAT CONCEALED DAMAGE WAS NOT PRESENT, (i.e. please see the thread where Stern's main boxes are separating). That is why I had a Pinball Tech lined up to conduct a full inspection, (remember it was I that suggested then lined up the tech in an attempt to resolve the issue).
    Remember, you continue owning the shipment from the start until its successful undamaged delivery and acceptance, not I.
    I was in constant communicated via email, UNTIL IT CAME DOWN TO YOU FAILING TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTIVE ACTION;
    1) Have a pinball tech inspect the game, if the inspection shows no damage, CONTINUE WITH THE DELIVERY OR;
    I filed the Paypal dispute after you failed to refund my money (as you stated in an email). I again sent a follow up email about the refund that went unanswered. I had no choice than to file a dispute with Paypal FOR ALMOST $8,990.00, not the $8300 that you allege, (incl the paypal fees that yiou made me pay upfront).
    Even after the dispute was opened Paypal emailed you. You then could of easily issued an immediate refund, but YOU DID NOT ISSUE A PAYPAL REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY, (and I'm still waiting for a full refund).
    But you'll never answer my questions because that would require you telling the whole truth, (if not, prove me wrong and answer them).
    Btw, you're reference to being abusive is incredibly low, unjustified and unprofessional. Never in my life have I had a Business, (especially when I have the email string) allege that standing up for a request of an undamaged delivery of a high dollar item was considered as being abusive.

There was no damage as shown with pictures guy, you freaked out for no reason. Why would the distro reach out to Firebird pinball...he never agreed to that. You don't reship a replacement for a non damaged game, period.

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's "could have"

Why are you always being a spelling cop

#174 6 years ago

Since when should a distributor have to hire a pinball tech to come inspect a customer's game still in the box?

The outer box is meant to protect the game from damage. The box seems to have done it's job nicely.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's "could have"

Finally rock bottom of the thread

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

That's the first time I've ever done it in four years, and it was meant as a joke. Look a bit deeper.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Look a bit deeper.

Deeper in the box?

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Your getting refunded....gladly.

Kudos to Hemispheres for jumping through hoops for this guy. I'm going to add them to my list of distributors to do buisness with in the future.

Now about that "your/ you're" thing.....

#179 6 years ago

Bottom line OP....you screwed this up. Not Stern, not your distributor. There was ZERO physical damage so a professional inspection was not needed, nor was it required of the Distributor to do so. It appears you, on your own, contacted Firebird. That's on your dime, not Hemispheres. You cannot send back a product as damaged, if there is no actual damage, and expect everyone to fall all over your demands. You simply overreacted and will not step back or down and realize this was all caused by your foolishness.

You could be playing your $9000 ASLE that you actually paid $8300 for instead of all of this nonsense.

I applaud Kurt for coming here and standing up for his reputation. I actually look forward to his "long post" because I personally know it will be factual. Facts always win over emotions in a disagreement(unless you are holding a gun). The OP saw a hole in the box, panicked, and went off the deep end instead of listening to reason.

This is 100% not Stern's issue.

I own my own business too, and sometimes you do have to fire a bad customer just as you would a bad employee.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Im curious why you are throwing "fireball pinball" whoever they are, under the bus, because if they cant see thta there is no damage, the what kind of outfit are they. I guess two thins to learn from this thread, beware of buyer pinpinpin and fireball pinball

I however, have been a customer and seller to Kurt. He has always been a pleasure to deal with and one of the good guys. I wanted a pin he had earlier this year, and he wanted to make sure that i knew everything about the machine.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Well, while we're bringing up the grammar police....one thing that was bugging me was the use of "insure". It should be "ensure".

Ensure = verify, confirm, validate, or make sure of something.

Insure = to secure against a possible contingency (ie, insurance coverage)

#182 6 years ago

I insure you that is wrong

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

I'm actually with TimeBandit on this one. If you're going to speak one language (or write it, in this case), do it well.

There are already enough morons in the world--I like to think this hobby hosts people who are a cut above that.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

We have seen several distributors come on here and defend themselves....and I wouldn't calling it "trashing the customer."
    After reading the OP's posts in this thread.....I wouldn't sell him a bottle Novus 1......

This is exactly right. Hemispheres has every right to defend his business. Furthermore I don't think it's a matter of priorities. He has valuable customers that have paid and are awaiting shipments of games that would never act like the op has. So I agree, if it were my business and I had already tried to work it out with the customer and that customer was being unreasonable then that customer would get less of my attention. It sounds like Hemispheres takes care of his customers that's why he can't sit on the forum all day. I respect a business owner who stands up for them selves. I look forward to seeing the full post explains the timeline. Also I call bullshit on the op sending a tech out to inspect the game. Who does that? The moment it arrived at the shipping dock I would have been so thrilled to go pick up my nib game there is no way I would have sent someone else to do it for me. He wanted something to be wrong with it. If he noticed the gash in the box why not open it a bit more and peak inside with a flashlight? More than likely it would have been nothing or something very small.

#185 6 years ago

I still back Kurt

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I still back Kurt

I think everyone does.

Any normal buyer would have picked up the phone when they were at the terminal and said "Hey, my box has a hole in it and I've never bought a pinball machine before. What do I do?"

I'm sure the seller would have said "Cut open the box and see if there is any visual damage. If not, make a note on the slip when you sign that the box had damage. If we find anything later, we'll get it fixed for you under warranty or replaced through the insurance company. If you have any questions when you're setting it up, shoot me a ring."

And that would have been the end of it....

This is on the buyer 100% for being unreasonable and way out of line.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally rock bottom of the thread

It hit rock bottom after the first post. And if that didn't make you walk away or drain it, the horrible spelling and grammar just made it harder to read as I went along.

Quoted from Hemispheres:

Game has been fully inspected and reboxed by Stern at the Stern factory, But I will always be competitive if your looking.

Was hoping for a better deal on an unboxed game....it was worth a shot.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Out of line, at this point, is a gross understatement.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are already enough morons in the world--I like to think this hobby hosts people who are a cut above that.

Jesus this coming from Boob...wtf.

Quoted from Colsond3:

It hit rock bottom after the first post. And if that didn't make you walk away or drain it, the horrible spelling and grammar just made it harder to read as I went along.

No, it was a totally awesome rubber-necking dumpster fire situation that was too well to pass up!

#189 6 years ago

I'm still confused.

#190 6 years ago

Not really. I just miss this thread already.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus this coming from Boob...wtf.

You just proved what my point was aboot.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think everyone does.
    Any normal buyer would have picked up the phone when they were at the terminal and said "Hey, my box has a hole in it and I've never bought a pinball machine before. What do I do?"
    I'm sure the seller would have said "Cut open the box and see if there is any visual damage. If not, make a note on the slip when you sign that the box had damage. If we find anything later, we'll get it fixed for you under warranty or replaced through the insurance company. If you have any questions when you're setting it up, shoot me a ring."
    And that would have been the end of it....

Thanks all. This is EXACTLY what should place. (except in Joes world with Joes rules) I posted the email I send to every single customer we ship to. And I will post it again below. This really is not brain surgery and we all know it. All it takes is a wee bit of communication, a set of eyballs and hands. I was pretty sure Joe had all of the above. Problem is his ears are missing. There is an old saying guys.... You have 2 ears and one mouth, you should listen twice as much as you talk. This is the kind of guy where you start talking and your walked all over. I have no patience for this. Maybe the professional thing to do would be to not post here but I refuse to be blasted when I went above and beyond for this guy, floating the game 6 weeks when it was supposed to be short of 2 ( agreed on the end of march game was purchased 3/14) after I PAID IN FULL for it, He called when the truck showed up alright, but to bitch there was no liftgate forgetting he scammed me out of $125.00 for the residential and liftgate fee. Like it would be on the truck anyhow or something...and as far as the tear this guy would not lift a finger. I tried to tell him, rip open the box, just don't cut the banding. if there was even a NICK in this thing I could have had it sent back no charge and can claim insurance, but I can't make a claim of friggin ripped cardboard. This guys fat head just don't get that. He pretty much thinks whatever he says goes. Send the game back...no problem, but if there is no damage then no claim and now your paying return freight again, nott to mention MORE risk of damage since it's making 2 more trips cross country.....DUH? No problem. I got the game back. It's perfect and factory re-boxed thanks to Stern and at the end of the day I don't have to deal with this guy long term. THAT my friends is total bonus. He is (or soon will be) someone elses problem. I swear dealers need a blacklist...and I'm not joking. I would not turn this guy over to my worst enemy. I really wouldn't. I will never ignore my insticts again. It's what I get for bending over backwards. I guess I can conciser myself lucky. In 26 years if this is the only Joe I should be counting my blessings. I have had plenty of conversations with dealers. We have all had them but as I said...Joe wins the bowling trophy.

I really appreciate the backing from those of you who know me and how I operate and those who may not and understand the situation. Am I perfect? No, I'm human... but seriously, I busted my ass for this guy to make peanuts and like it was posted above, sometimes you just have to fire a customer. No money is worth getting abused or taken advantage of just because "customer is always right". I'm a really reasonable guy but you jack me or start making your own rules as you go.... I'm done. It takes two and this was clearly one ALL one way. I WILL post the timeline if you guys what it, but it will take me a bit. We have it VERY documented because we saw red flags very early on. Either way I will take it in the shorts on this one (short term) and for that I am sure Joe will be proud, but the funny thing is I have had 3 pinsiders contact me today for quotes, so I see the silver lining and for that you can bet your bum I am smiling ear to ear. Thanks all...

Our final email once a game ships:

Your game just left a few minutes ago. See attached BOL. The PRO (tracking) number is and can be tracked here:

It may not show up until the game is scanned at the local terminal here tonight.
    Remember, be sure to inspect for damage BEFORE you sign anything when receiving the game. The packing/box should have no damage, poke holes etc. If you see a hole, rip open the area a bit and peek in to make sure that area of the game has no visible damage. Have a decent flashlight with you when the game gets delivered. Try not cut the pallet banding if you don't have to unless you know its fine and you’re taking it. Then you can remove from pallet etc...
    If for whatever reason it is really damaged or you see something that is excessive that would need repair, as long as you have not cut the banding holding it to the pallet just refuse the shipment and tell the driver your refusing delivery and to return it to the shipper (me) and NOTE ON THE PAPERWORK that the shipment is being refused due to damage. Even if you take the game and there might be suspicion of possible damage (poke hole etc) just make a note on any of the paperwork if you are taking it and this way in case you find something after the truck leaves you have note on what you signed. It's rare but it happens, so just cover yourself or you will have no recourse once they leave. If you’re just not quite sure what to do IF you see anything, feel free to call me at 630-792-8910.

There is a bit more thank yous etc....but this is what EVERY customer gets when a game leaves our dock.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Im curious why you are throwing "fireball pinball" whoever they are, under the bus, because if they cant see thta there is no damage, the what kind of outfit are they. I guess two thins to learn from this thread, beware of buyer pinpinpin and fireball pinball
    I however, have been a customer and seller to Kurt. He has always been a pleasure to deal with and one of the good guys. I wanted a pin he had earlier this year, and he wanted to make sure that i knew everything about the machine.

No, the Folks @ FIREBIRD PINBALL WERE EXCELLENT. They returned my call after hours and wanted to help out.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIREBIRD PINBALL www.firebirdpinball.com THEY KNOW HOW TO TREAT A NEW CUSTOMER

They were ready to go to the freight terminal and do the inspection. But Dick@HemispheresAmusements never called them.

In reply to all the other comments;

The Dick@HemispheresAmusements had filed a freight damage claim, so any 3rd party inspection would be considered "mitigating any freight damages" and would be paid thru the freight damage claim/insurance. That's why you see discounted salvage sales of "Shipping box open/damaged."

I didn't make the decision alone. I had sent the pics to a manage of a large national freight company and his concern was being unrestrained in the trailer the pallet could of had a roll over type event. It was then he suggested that a pinball tech conduct and inspection at the freight terminal. Dick@HemispheresAmusements was advised and never took action.

As you can see its now Dick@HemispheresAmusements had the opportunity to issue the paypal refund and again ignored me. Its after hours @ Stern and the message I left @ Sales also went ignored.

The facts are facts

I appreciate all the comments, (even the ones that showed their @$$es).

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm still confused.

Pinpinpin is a chronic masturbater and those people can't be trusted

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

The Dick@HemispheresAmusements had filed a freight damage claim, so any 3rd party inspection would be considered "mitigating any freight damages" and would be paid thru the freight damage claim/insurance.

Really? Who made the claim? You? cuz as far as I am aware there is no claim. Just a claim thru paypal of "ITEM NOT RECEIVED". That thing was AT YOUR DOOR. if said claim was made that's fraud as this unit has ZERO damage and the carrier has been notified of this. Oh and nice job on calling these guys @**es. Making more friends here I see.... you go girl....

#196 6 years ago

The 101st running of the greatest spectacle in racing, the 2017 Indianapolis 500. Feels like you were there doesn't it?
    20170528_135536.jpg20170528_135536.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_141157.jpg20170528_141157.jpg

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

No, the Folks @ FIREBIRD PINBALL WERE EXCELLENT. They returned my call after hours and wanted to help out.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIREBIRD PINBALL http://www.firebirdpinball.com THEY KNOW HOW TO TREAT A NEW CUSTOMER
    They were ready to go to the freight terminal and do the inspection. But Dick@HemispheresAmusements never called them.
    In reply to all the other comments;
    The Dick@HemispheresAmusements had filed a freight damage claim, so any 3rd party inspection would be considered "mitigating any freight damages" and would be paid thru the freight damage claim/insurance. That's why you see discounted salvage sales of "Shipping box open/damaged."
    I didn't make the decision alone. I had sent the pics to a manage of a large national freight company and his concern was being unrestrained in the trailer the pallet could of had a roll over type event. It was then he suggested that a pinball tech conduct and inspection at the freight terminal. Dick@HemispheresAmusements was advised and never took action.
    As you can see its now Dick@HemispheresAmusements had the opportunity to issue the paypal refund and again ignored me. Its after hours @ Stern and the message I left @ Sales also went ignored.
    The facts are facts

So, apparently much more than most on here, I can appreciate that as a first time buyer, you didn't want to risk signing for a damaged pin.
    Still, I'm at a loss as to why your conversation didn't go much better with the distributor.
    ie: "Look, I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable. I'm going to walk away from this thing. I would be happy to have you send me another pin instead, or I'll take a refund and we can part ways. Sorry this didn't work out. I appreciate your efforts."
    -But to then come on Pinside and throw Stern under the bus for not replying to your email (I expect they were like: WTF?!?), really wasn't cool.
    It's ok to understand now how these things work and if you're going to buy another pin in the future, what to expect.
    But still, I would likely stop replying to any posts on here and just call it a lesson learned, my friend.

FYI: I have an Aerosmith LE. Love it. Sorry this didn't work out for you.

#198 6 years ago

Looks like its time for a lock....

#199 6 years ago

The Barebacked Ladies played Carb Day with Steve Miller. Bet it was fun.
    I already had a date lined up with Neil Diamond.

#200 6 years ago

IMG_5356 (resized).JPGIMG_5356 (resized).JPG

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.