Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's Concerns affect your decision to buy elsewhere?”

• Does Stern's failure to respond to Customer's concerns affect your decision to buy new? 28 votes
      15%
    • Yes 68 votes
      36%
    • No 65 votes
      35%
    • I never will buy a New Stern Pinball 27 votes
      14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3077 (resized).JPG
    2e7ead19-8502-41e3-9518-58c799b8fba3_1.3ced06173c03de4550d12e2be818d353 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-52-27-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-46-13-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-44-37-1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-43-39-1 (resized).png
    rj (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0842 (resized).png
    IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
    20170528_141157.jpg
    20170528_152948.jpg
    20170528_135536.jpg
    BOX (resized).jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 6 years ago

There is no lack of customer service, Chas has taken care of me on multiple occasions. It was coordinated through Melissa at Cointaker (also very awesome) and my problems were fixed. Sounds like your communication needs to be raised with both your distributor and Stern and perhaps you might get better results.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Using the hashtag on the forums allows you to link to game titles.
    Like this:
    AC/DC (Pro)
    If you click on the link, it will bring you to the game archive page for that game title.

Hahaha!

OP reminds me of one of my favorite early childhood memories.
    My parents got me a Commodore 64 with a 1541 discdrive for Xmas, as well as a game called Blue Max.

Dad tried to help me set up up the next day. Everything went well until we tried to load the game.

The manual said to enter

Load "Program Name",8,1

Which we tried with no result. Never occurred to us to type in Load "Blue Max",8,1

OP's #the games made me laugh out loud

#53 6 years ago

I emailed just under 2 days ago and had a response almost instantly regarding a NIB issue.

#54 6 years ago

Ok, lets add some information to this thread. This is the OPs description of what happened. Again, he still doesn't say what's wrong, but he asked for a refund or a replacement game because of it.

And I hate saying it, but it's also his first game, so he should get slack from us. New people don't understand how this all works and can have expectations that are outside the bounds of the industry norms. He is expecting the normal retail experience of walking into customer service at the store and just returning something no questions asked. So here is his description:

Quoted from pinpinpin:

I recently Paid DICK@Hemispheres Amusements lmost $9,000.00 for MY FIRST PINBALL MACHINE, a NEW Stern Aerosmith Limited Edition. The unit was shipped via SAIA and they damaged the shipment. A Freight Damage Claim was filed.
    I tried to work with DICK@Hemispheres Amusements by having a Pinball Technician go out to the Freight Terminal, inspect the unit for obvious and CONCEALED DAMAGE and continue with the delivery IF THE UNIT PASSED INSPECTION.
    DICK@Hemispheres Amusements refused to have the inspection done, refused to ship a replacement AND NOW REFUSES TO REFUND MONIES PAID. Now I'm stuck fighting with Paypal for my refund.
    These guys have no concept of Customer Service.
    I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE.
    Btw, I also sent an email to Stern AND STERN NEVER RESPONDED.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Hahaha!
    Commodore 64 with a 1541 discdrive for Xmas, as well as a game called Blue Max.

Good times.... I still play Blue Max!

As for Stern. Patrick Powers has always been responsive and helpful. I have not always liked Stern's response (especially with respect to my GBLE playfield) but they do respond.

#56 6 years ago

WTF #?
    #WTF
    #Sand
    #Drained

#57 6 years ago

This guy/gal has to be a troll. State your problem and post some pics, and documentation or it never happened and you are just trying to stir the pot.

#58 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, lets add some information to this thread. This is the OPs description of what happened. Again, he still doesn't say what's wrong, but he asked for a refund or a replacement game because of it.
    And I hate saying it, but it's also his first game, so he should get slack from us. New people don't understand how this all works and can have expectations that are outside the bounds of the industry norms. He is expecting the normal retail experience of walking into customer service at the store and just returning something no questions asked. So here is his description:

Dick Hemispheres huh, I do like the name.

OP, if your game was damaged during shipping and it is obvious that the box is damaged you should have refused delivery. At that point the game goes back to stern and they will send you another one. If the box looked good and you just have some problems with gameplay call 1-800-kickers and Chaz will take good care of you. For the most part stern has pretty good customer service. If the box was damaged and the game is damaged and you accepted the shipment then it's now on you to work it out with the shipping company. You should have never taken delivery of it.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

OP, if your game was damaged during shipping and it is obvious that the box is damaged you should have refused delivery. At that point the game goes back to stern and they will send you another one. If the box looked good and you just have some problems with gameplay call 1-800-kickers and Chaz will take good care of you. For the most part stern has pretty good customer service. If the box was damaged and the game is damaged and you accepted the shipment then it's now on you to work it out with the shipping company. You should have never taken delivery of it.

From the description, the game is still at the freight terminal. Never made it to the final destination.

#61 6 years ago

Stern has always made me whole when it comes to problems. Not sure I'd call their customer service poor.

#62 6 years ago

I predict the OP is going to have a long and happy relationship with Pinside.

#63 6 years ago

BTW, in your only other Pinside post, you say the machine was damaged by the shipper.

The distributor promises to tell his side of the story...stay tuned.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hemisphere-amusements#post-3785850

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

From the description, the game is still at the freight terminal. Never made it to the final destination.

Not likely, the distro would have had it sent back to stern already if it arrived at the freight terminal damaged. The OP's story doesn't add up at all.

#65 6 years ago

Know how some mornings yer kinda wincing when ya open up Pinside thinkin..."ugh...how much shitposting do I have to delete/edit now?!"
    Nope. Not today.

#66 6 years ago

I live in the UK and have had nothing but exemplary customer support from Stern. They sent me FOC parts out for a 9 year old game on one occaision !

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not likely, the distro would have had it sent back to stern already if it arrived at the freight terminal damaged. The OP's story doesn't add up at all.

Looks like we will get the other half of the story soon.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Unfortunately, Stern has not installed the 24 hour batphone "hotline" for new pinball machine owners yet.
    No TBA date either.
    Note: Operators never had a batphone to WMS, GTB, DE, Sega, or AGC either

I KNEW IT!!!
    Deep down somewhere in that blackened suit of armor there lies a sense of humor.
    I laughed.
    With that being said, if the BlackKnight starts cracking jokes on you, it's game over man. It's game over!
    1920 (resized).jpg1920 (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just an observation, if the OP both wrote or called in the past three days...

Negative, Email was sent OVER +2 WEEKS AGO.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

So how did the phone call go?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

So........can you add specifics? What is going on with the game? Where is it? What is the damage?

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He is expecting the normal retail experience of walking into customer service at the store and just returning something no questions asked.

Please Re-read the post.

I tried to work with the Dealer. I EVEN ARRANGED TO HAVE A TECH INSPECT THE MACHINE AT THE FREIGHT TERMINAL.

New Stern Machines, as thoroughly documented on this forum, are prone to damage when moved. The shipment was mishandled and damaged by the freight company and could not fully insure that damage like this had not occurred.

This was a purchase of almost $9,000 was for an LE Machine THAT WAS FULLY INSURED FOR SHIPPING DAMAGE.

All I requested was the undamaged product delivered AS CONTRACTED.

Hemispheres Amusements treated this issue like it m fault and also refused to refund my money.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

The box had some significant damage and because of that I refused the shipment.

Subsequently to the Freight Damage Claim being filed the Dealer REFUSED;

1) TO HAVE THE MACHINE INSPECTED AND;

2) TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT RE-SHIPPED.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

The box had some significant damage and because of that I refused the shipment.
    Subsequently to the Freight Damage Claim being filed the Dealer REFUSED;
    1) TO HAVE THE MACHINE INSPECTED AND;
    2) TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT RE-SHIPPED.

OP: I would highly recommend that you try dealing with the distributor, shipper, and Stern if necessary.
    I guarantee that complaining on Pinside will only make your issue more frustrating than it is already.
    Having said that, if there's anything in particular that you want help with, or need advice on how to fix something, Pinside can be great for that.
    Good luck either way.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Checking in on you?
    I'm not Mrs. Garrett. Take yer bullshit somewhere else.

Awesome. I had a professor in school a long time ago that was a real hard ass, but the spitting image of Natalie. Someone used the reference once and it stuck as a knickname forever! You made me laugh.

IMG_9772 (resized).JPGIMG_9772 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

I read your other threads post. So you ordered a Aerosmith LE and it showed up damaged at the freight place. You contacted your distributor but he told you to F off pretty much. Now you emailed Stern, when did you email them?

Over 2 weeks ago

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

OP: I would highly recommend that you try dealing with the distributor, shipper, and Stern if necessary.
    I guarantee that complaining on Pinside will only make your issue more frustrating than it is already.
    Having said that, if there's anything in particular that you want help with, or need advice on how to fix something, Pinside can be great for that.
    Good luck either way.

My intent is to demonstrate my negative experience in which I tried everything to resolve. It will also help future customers avoid using a Dealer that will leave you out to dry if they have a similar problem.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

I tried to work with the Dealer. I EVEN ARRANGED TO HAVE A TECH INSPECT THE MACHINE AT THE FREIGHT TERMINAL.

Was the shop's location even anywhere near the shipping terminal? I doubt they would want to travel very far if the terminal was not local for them.

Quoted from pinpinpin:

Over 2 weeks ago

Ok, so the next question is, have you contacted Stern directly if the distributor has been as unresponsive as you have indicated?

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Looks like we will get the other half of the story soon.

As stated in my previous postings, I'm not one to complain about trivial BS.

Think what you will, but I have the email string(s) to prove that this Dealer left me out to dry.

Like others have posted;

The Dealer should of:

A) Had the shipment inspected and if it was deamed UNAFFECTED/DAMAGED resumed with the re-deliverly OR;

B) Returned and re-shipped a replacement.

But that DID NOT happen and THE DEALER REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Over 2 weeks ago

What Stern email address did you use?

Something doesnt add up here. Your distributor has posted your bad buisness and your not telling the true story. Do you have any pictures of the damaged box you refused to accept?

If you sent Stern a crazy rambling bitching email they will probably just delete it and figure if your for real and not a troll you will call them

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

What Stern email address did you use?
    Something doesnt add up here. Your distributor has posted your bad buisness and your not telling the true story. Do you have any pictures of the damaged box you refused to accept?
    If you sent Stern a crazy rambling bitching email they will probably just delete it and figure if your for real and not a troll you will call them

Submitted an email message thru Stern's website that included THE FACTS almost exactly as posted in this string.

No Bi@#$ching just the facts.

#82 6 years ago

I'll just throw this out there. I have experienced shitty customer service from Stern, specifically Patrick. It was on a METLE with damaged clear. Huge chunks missing from the shooter lane after very little plays. He was unresponsive and pretty uninterested. I've had enough games to know what is and isn't normal. So this wasn't a case of a newer pinhead. This was way before the newest run of issues with PF's and cabinets. They didn't care to fix the issue. After months and months of back and forth they sent me a bottle of finger nail polish.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Was the shop's location even anywhere near the shipping terminal? I doubt they would want to travel very far if the terminal was not local for them.

Ok, so the next question is, have you contacted Stern directly if the distributor has been as unresponsive as you have indicated?

Left a Msg @ Stern Sales this AM.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

As stated in my previous postings, I'm not one to complain about trivial BS.
    Think what you will, but I have the email string(s) to prove that this Dealer left me out to dry.
    Like others have posted;
    The Dealer should of:
    Had the shipment inspected and if it was deamed UNAFFECTED/DAMAGED resumed with the re-deliverly.
    Returned and re-shipped a replacement.
    But that DID NOT happen and THE DEALER REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND.

Why is the game at the shipping terminal? Did you go there and see that it was damaged or did you refuse it when they tried to deliver it? What is the damage that you are talking about? You keep saying it was damaged but with zero details. Why did the distro tell you a replacement game will not be shipped? You are making a lot of bold claims with no real info. It's not the dealers problem to inspect the game upon receipt.

#85 6 years ago

I'd like to that the great people @ http://firebirdpinball.com/

The responded to my request to inspect the shipment WHILE THEY WERE ON VACATION.

But Hemispheres Amusements NEVER CONTACTED THEY FOR THE INSPECTION.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

Submitted an email message thru Stern's website that included THE FACTS almost exactly as posted in this string.
    No Bi@#$ching just the facts.

If you sent an email that was like what you posted here with no details and no real info then that is why you did not get a reply. Call stern and have them work out a solution with your distributor.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If you sent an email that was like what you posted here with no details and no real info then that is why you did not get a reply. Call stern and have them work out a solution with your distributor.

Sorry my mistake I was referring to my post under HERMISPHERES AMUSEMENTS, that was detailed.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

. If the box was damaged and the game is damaged and you accepted the shipment then it's now on you to work it out with the shipping company. You should have never taken delivery of it.

EXACTLY, I couldn't of said it better.

This was also not a $200 item, it was almost $9,000.00

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

it was almost $9,000.00

We know. You've said it at least 3 times before. Also... we know, because Stern prices are a daily topic here.

I'd highly recommend laying off the CAPS key and trying to work this out with the Distributor. If that doesn't work and you feel the need to "take it to the Pinside streets", pictures and a well thought out post with a full timeline of the events is the best way to state your case. Just blurting out that something was damaged, without how it was damaged, screaming in caps lock, and just stating the price over and over again will get this thread nowhere fast. Good luck though. It would suck to have to refuse shipment of something as cool as an ASLE.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It would suck to have to refuse shipment of something as cool as an ASLE.

This abbreviation and its use in sentences will always make me laugh.

#91 6 years ago

I'm going to make this short and sweet for now but I WILL reply with the FULL details of this transaction. Not that I have to, but I will NOT be blasted buy someone this unreasonable. In 26 years of business this guy takes the cake. I do not post here because I simply don't have the time. We stay slammed busy and there is a reason why. Businesses don't stick around this long if your claims are true. I DO take care of people, BUT I will NOT be abused and NO the customer is NOT always right. When you all read this you will FULLY understand what went down here. I will have a fully documented reply WITH pictures and dates of everything that took place from day one of this transaction unlike the OP, so grab you popcorn, we will be back.

For now though I will just have to say stay tuned as we are getting caught up on the holiday weekend here. One thing I know for sure is those of you who have dealt with us knows how we roll. We are hands down one of the best in the biz in customer service and those of you who have bought from us (new, used or service) know this. I am not sure there is another distributor who insures ALL games shipped 3rd party with a no deductible insurance policy covering the purchaser and us 100%. This policy is on our dime and included with the free shipping because we ALL know how carrier insurance is I don't care who the carrier is. BUT, it's really hard to make an insurance claim on a non damaged game and quite honestly a torn piece or cardboard is not a claim Joe. And no, NO claim was ever opened because the game was NOT damaged whatsoever and I am NOT about to commit fraud on a tear in a piece of cardboard. We bent over backwards for you from day one, but you would know that if your would have just had the courtesy to be a half way decent human being. You have been the most unreasonable human I have ever encountered in my lifetime and I'm a 50 year Chicagoan so that says a lot. Just because you are the consumer does NOT mean YOU get to make the rules as you go for the shipper, Stern or my company. There are basic guidelines we need to adhere to when there is POSSIBLE" damage but when you would not even pick up your phone and IMMEDIATELY opened up paypal claims the day the truck left then it's pretty hard to work with you. You mentioned your fighting paypal? You opened that up, not us. That automatically ties up your money. I have nothing to do with that. I offered you a return. All you had to do was authorize it so an RMA could be issued and you could have been on your merry little way to the "next" dealer, but instead your trying to claim damage on something that is not damaged. That is called fraud my friend. That will NOT happen on my watch.

I WILL be back so keep posting your garbage. I WILL defend my company and the truth until the end.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

In 26 years of business this guy takes the cake.

No spoilers there

#93 6 years ago

I fail to see what Stern has to do with this. This is between you, distributor and the shipping company. The game was mishandled and damaged, where exactly did stern play a part in that? Why would they respond to any inquiry on this game, they have zero liability. The fact you are trying to drag Stern through the mud on this makes you look bad.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpinpin:

My intent is to demonstrate my negative experience in which I tried everything to resolve. It will also help future customers avoid using a Dealer that will leave you out to dry if they have a similar problem.

I just spit out my coffee...THAT is comical Joe. Keep it up. The magic post is coming....so make sure you got your facts straight. I would hate for you to look bad on here =)

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

We know. You've said it at least 3 times before. Also... we know, because Stern prices are a daily topic here.
    I'd highly recommend laying off the CAPS key and trying to work this out with the Distributor. If that doesn't work and you feel the need to "take it to the Pinside streets", pictures and a well thought out post with a full timeline of the events is the best way to state your case. Just blurting out that something was damaged, without how it was damaged, screaming in caps lock, and just stating the price over and over again will get this thread nowhere fast. Good luck though. It would suck to have to refuse shipment of something as cool as an ASLE.

Oh no yoko, he burned that bridge a long time ago. You WILL get the timeline of ALL the events. I promise....and it WILL be accurate, that I can assure you.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Oh no yoko, he burned that bridge a long time ago. You WILL get the timeline of ALL the events. I promise....and it WILL be accurate, that I can assure you.

This thread just got a lot better!

#97 6 years ago

Turned into a regular corn rage

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Ah fawk. I gotta pick the girls up from school at 2:45. Can you please update either between now and 2:35 or after 2:55ish? If it must be at 2:45 I'm sure the girls won't mind waiting. K. Thanks.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No spoilers there

You have NO clue. Thank God we have been so busy I recently hired my brother to help on the administrative side of things around here to make SURE no balls ever get dropped around here. That said, thankfully this was FULLY documented since my brother has decades of administrative experience. You can BET every i was dotted and t was crossed on our end. The ONLY regret I have is not following my gut on the very first phone conversation I had with him.

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service/page/2?hl=hemispheres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.