(Topic ID: 313905)

Label paper recommendations

By phillyfan64

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7779CB77-845B-41D4-82EC-87BDB6D1881E (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

What types of paper do people recommend for the old paper labels that are stapled to the bottom wood panel on EMs? This is a Williams Upper Deck. What color, what weight? Most of them are off white, some are bright white. I’m not going to bother with staples. I’m just going to use a glue stick. Thanks.

7779CB77-845B-41D4-82EC-87BDB6D1881E (resized).jpeg7779CB77-845B-41D4-82EC-87BDB6D1881E (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

If you want to sacrifice an older book, the thicker end-pages work well to provide an appropriate appearance. If not, new ivory card stock also works well.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

I’m just going to use a glue stick.

That won't stick for very long, especially on a dirty wood surface. Spray adhesive would last a bit longer, but would still peel up after a while.

There's a reason why staples were used--those labels usually stayed in place decades after they were put there.

#4 2 years ago

Think I'm sacreligious -- I actually use adhesive-backed label paper.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That won't stick for very long, especially on a dirty wood surface. Spray adhesive would last a bit longer, but would still peel up after a while.
    There's a reason why staples were used--those labels usually stayed in place decades after they were put there.

Thanks. The board doesn’t look like that now. It’s all sanded and cleaned up but I see your point.

#6 2 years ago

I use poster board and staples.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/label-paper-recommendations- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.