(Topic ID: 181791)

LA Traffic

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0125 (resized).PNG
    ht_falcon_9_kab_150116_16x9_992 (resized).jpg
    sellout (resized).jpg
    sellout (resized).jpg
    sellout (resized).jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1052 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6101.JPG (resized).jpeg
    pc-riv-1960-dt-freeway-001ac-A-800 (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    8DAY (resized).jpg
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago

Besides the damn traffic
    I spend at least $10k per year
    On unnecessary repairs

#102 7 years ago

Just wait until the new stadium opens up in Inglewood.
    Sunday traffic on the 405/110/105 with 80,000 fans pouring out in all directions? It'll be interesting to see what a weeknight concert with 100,000 fans will do to that area. It's a better location than DTLA but still...

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I'll admit I haven't driven a whole lot in SF, but it's hard to believe anywhere else could be worse than LA.

Not only worse, but 24-7 worse.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

I moved up north last year. SF commutes from the city to the East or North Bays are pretty painful. It can take 45 minutes just to get over the Bay Bridge.

I haven't had trouble getting across the Bay Bridge, but I did spend nearly half an hour one time trying to get thru the toll plaza going from Oakland to San Francisco.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I haven't had trouble getting across the Bay Bridge, but I did spend nearly half an hour one time trying to get thru the toll plaza going from Oakland to San Francisco.

That's the Bay Bridge.

#106 7 years ago

So who else is a commuter? I live outside LA, and thankfully hardly have to make the drive into the city, but my 15/210 commute used to be <1hr, then the state did construction to 'help' the freeways, now that construction is done, my commute is 1hr20m

Thankfully, I can work from home time to time. But still, 7 years of construction and they still think bottlenecking 5 lanes, 4 lanes, 3 lanes, 4 lanes, 3 lanes is a good design

Ironically, this past storm collapsed 2 lanes of that new constructiom in one part of the freeway. What a mess.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

So who else is a commuter? I live outside LA, and thankfully hardly have to make the drive into the city, but my 15/210 commute used to be <1hr, then the state did construction to 'help' the freeways, now that construction is done, my commute is 1hr20m
    Thankfully, I can work from home time to time. But still, 7 years of construction and they still think bottlenecking 5 lanes, 4 lanes, 3 lanes, 4 lanes, 3 lanes is a good design
    Ironically, this past storm collapsed 2 lanes of that new constructiom in one part of the freeway. What a mess.

Try what CalTrans is doing with I-5 between Downey and Buena Park.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

So who else is a commuter?

I am. I work about 5 miles from home and drove there today.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am. I work about 5 miles from home and drove there today.

That's rough, did you have to use Uber to get the car pool benefit?

#110 7 years ago

I had to use the extra strong coffee to get my still half drunk ass in my truck and to work on my normal day off. There is a lot to be said for starting at 9:00 AM and living less than ten minutes away....

#111 7 years ago

I am doing 101 AND 405 every day. Beat that .

#112 7 years ago

I chose to work nights for 3 reasons.

When people are driving home from work in traffic, I'm going to work in light traffic.

Pay is 33% more for night work

I'm a night person

3 weeks later
    #113 7 years ago

I spent the weekend around L.A. I knew traffic would be an issue, planned for it, and was not disappointed... best case scenario is worst case. The one thing I did not expect is traveling under posted highway speeds at all hours of the day or night... just too many people.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I spent the weekend around L.A. I knew traffic would be an issue, planned for it, and was not disappointed... best case scenario is worst case. The one thing I did not expect is traveling under posted highway speeds at all hours of the day or night... just too many people.

Its not -always- jam-packed, depends on where and when. When it is moving, believe me there is no problem going highway speeds and above. 80 to 90 mph and above are very common speeds to see for a majority of the cars.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Its not -always- jam-packed, depends on where and when. When it is moving, believe me there is no problem going highway speeds and above. 80 to 90 mph and above are very common speeds to see for a majority of the cars.

That's what I thought before going there, but my speedometer rarely saw 60+ even when highways opened up. It's most definitely a city where you want to prioritize living near your place of work.

4 months later
    #116 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What Ca needs is autobahn rules. Where slow drivers have to pull over or stay to the right.
    » YouTube video

I wish that rule had applied to I-40 / I-44 back in the spring when I drove to Missouri.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-traffic/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.