IMG_3964 (resized).JPG
IMG_3960 (resized).JPG
IMG_3961 (resized).JPG
IMG_3955 (resized).JPG
IMG_3958 (resized).JPG
IMG_3954 (resized).JPG
IMG_3951 (resized).JPG
IMG_3950 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

la_porta The stuff below is to give you some ideas as well...
mbecker I had looked at your thread a while ago, nice job! I did some similar things to mine - lit ball locks (clear with green lights), lit flipper buttons (red on the left, blue on the right), lit starter button, clear coloured bumper caps, post flashers that light up when you hit the pop bumpers and the slings. I mixed up my caps so I have 2 blue and 2 red and put them diagonally across from each other. I put Cointaker afterburner LEDs in mine. My entire machine has LEDs and I haven't had any issues. Also, based on Vid's recommendations, completely replaced the flipper mechs. Game play is so much better!
You can still get a new backglass. I got one from Mayfair (http://mayfairamusement.com/). It's a bit of an odd site, but Steve is easy to deal with. Not cheap, like $300, you just have to decide if it's worth it given what you've put into your game.
If you want new/different rule cards check here - https://flic.kr/s/aHskTVD8Zr. I'm not taking credit for the originals but I modified them a bit so the rules made more sense. You also have a 3 or 5 ball card depending on your settings.
Finally, where did you get those hinges for the playfield? I'm not sure I would want to remove the existing rails completely as they provide additional support for the playfield but that would make life a lot easier!
travish I noticed you replaced your speaker. Does it make a big difference? What did you end up putting in there?
Here's a video of mine with the changes - » YouTube video
Here's a video of the post flashers - » YouTube video

nice job with the lights. game looks great.

i started my renovation last year, hope i can get back to it soon but too busy right now.
i don't want to put the original bumper caps back on it and i was curious to see what it would look like with colour bumper caps, i like it.
i will redo the cabinet and backbox also but with custom airbrush on both and a few other ideas.

2 months later
#113 7 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Well a lot of good stuff showed up recently: the plastic primer, decal paper and bonder, brad-tip drill bits, blue and orange inserts, 12" c-clamp, etc. I am going away next week, but will get in a lot of work the week after.
Question for anyone: some of those opaque white 1-20 inserts are a bit yellow from a plastic standpoint (not from top coat). Has anyone tried to bleach these things at all back to white?

are they yellow only on top? if so, maybe if you sand them down by removing the clear.

7 months later
#146 6 years ago

nice job on the clear, man balls are gonna fly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-portas-firepower-rejuvenation?tu=beatmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.