(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txx3ddq442.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#706 9 years ago

Hello hello? New to the forum here.

When I was 10 in 1982, my dad took me to some sort of arcade auction in New Orleans. I remember wanting so badly for him to bid on Space Invaders, Asteroids, Defender... all the arcade games.

Instead, we went home with Alien Poker, Silverball Mania and Magic. While they weren't arcade games, I did take a liking to them and played the heck out of them all the way through high school. He moved to Lafayette and didn't have space so "loaned" them out to relatives. You know how that goes.

Fast forward to 2013. I've completed my game room and on a whim thought I should put a few pinballs in it instead of a pool table (that would take up some 12' x 16' area. After doing a little research, I settled on a short-list of candidates and as luck would have it found a HUO TZ in Lafayette. With the help of my dad, managed to get it from Lafayette to Mandeville in one piece. Me and my 10yr old girl have been playing the heck out of it for a year.

My dad managed to reclaim Silverball Mania and I'm in the process of restoring it "for practice". Ha. I know it's a pretty boring game but damn you can't beat the artwork.

I'm looking to round out my collection as I have room for 4 or 5 machines. Ok, maybe 8 or 9 if I occupy two walls. I digress. South Louisiana is literally a vast wasteland of a pinball market (at least through the normal channels). If anyone here has a lead on a TSPP, Tron, AFM (as if), FH, TAF, LoTR, ToM, WPT or CV, please PM me. Ideally either a HUO in top shape or one of those with readily available parts for a complete restore.

2 months later
    #721 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Once Barcadia in Baton Rouge opens I plan to start the local club here. I hope some of you can join us sometime. Once we all get to know each other better we can start to do home events for those who own pin collections. Right now SwampMan and I are spearheading the effort.

I'd be up for this. Unfortunately, if it's like the Barcadia in NOLA, don't expect much. They've usually got 3-4 pins there in pretty poor shape. X-Men is probably the only one consistently playable (because it's relatively new.) Last time I was there, TSPP had almost no GI lighting and no sound; South Park was almost completely dark.

I wish we had a true pinball destination in the area. Some place with 5-6 AAA titles, well maintained.

Keep me in the loop.

1 year later
    #1032 8 years ago

Wanted: The Addams Family and / or Whirlwind. Let me know if you have one you're looking to move or have a lead on one anywhere from Houston to Pensacola. Condition not too important but price should be commensurate. I'll take anything from a project to a recently restored one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txx3ddq442.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum?tu=txx3ddq442 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.