(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jodester.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

Can't wait to head to NOLA when you get the place done Pinballhelp. We just located another pinhead in Lake Charles (2 machines) and may be adding him to our little group. Wish there were more folks...

#65 11 years ago

Really bad news. It was hard enough trying to find a place to play pinball in NOLA...

2 months later
    #88 11 years ago

Grats man! You have quite the collection...

#93 11 years ago

We will take them off your hands anytime!

Of course, if I add any more machines to my collection I may become a bachelor...

2 months later
    #120 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, PH, you gotta free up that RFM and TSPP bro! You can't even get to them!

He needs to free them up in my game room for a while TL!

2 months later
    #161 11 years ago

How is the show Mike? Some of us stuck at home have to hear second hand....

2 weeks later
    #197 11 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Hey Tiger, sounds like another great road trip bro. I will have the white Ferrari gassed up and ready to roll. Fits two adults and two pins - comfortably

And where will I sit?

1 week later
    #216 11 years ago

Haha! Text me if you guys are planning to come tonight.

#241 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Ahem... I was hoping to be paid before pickup.

I would be glad to collect the $5000 for you Nevus.

Speed, no third party Nigerian checks if you please.

#242 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Jodester got paid twice and still has the machine I am putting him in charge of all my future transactions as he is clearly a master negotiator.

Actually hoping to flip it twice more...lol

#250 11 years ago
    Quoted from Newd:

New to the forum and stumbled across this thread. I live in biloxi MS and I'm always on the hunt for new pins. If ya'll are interested I have a Party Zone for sale in the marketplace and was wondering if anyone has any they were thinking about trading.

You just missed out on a flurry of trading and selling. We do have one Party Zone locally in the Lake Charles area. It really is a fun game when you get it dialed in. I will let some potential pinheads know here that the game is available.

#263 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, how many more buyers have you collected from on the LOTRs?

I feel bad that I have only 2 buyers so far. I feel even worse that I have only collected money from one. This economy is killing me...

#266 11 years ago

Pinballpark, what are some places to play pinball in the wild in Lafayette. Heading there tonight to have dinner with friends and I wanted to see if I could get a couple of games in somewhere.

#268 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I just scored a 700+ watt Yamaha power amp and a pair of Bose 901s in Arkansas today. I'll be bringing them down to the PinChurch for part of our sound system. I'm thinking a party is in order next weekend if anybody wants to come.

Well that sounds like the reason for a road trip!

#274 11 years ago

Ended up passing on scratching my pin itch yesterday. Just got home and cranked up Dracula to get my fix. If I had more room, PZ would be a nice addition to my collection. I really am limited to 3 games. (Or 4 if I crowd things a bunch)

#281 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Stay with the limit Jody. I have more than I can fit. It feels weird. To keep my space at 6, 2 more have to go. I could see ACDC going, because it will be easy to replace. After that, it gets hard. I know it's a good problem to have etc...

I can't ever see getting rid of AC/DC in my collection. I guess I could eventually get burned out on it, but it is such a rush when I play...of course I did get rid of my previous grail game LOTR...

I would hate to have the decision to choose which to get rid of in your collection Nevus.

#282 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Honestly, at the level of skill you have in fixing games now, with that last spot you should be looking for classics that need some TLC to get back to fully functioning...like you did with your Drac. Due to your skill your search net could be larger than many others.

It is so hard finding any beaters for a reasonable price now. I do check CL every day to see if a great deal comes along.

Maybe I could do some work on that Black Pyramid that Mike is holding. It might be a fun project...

#285 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ask my law partner about her friend with the Fun House and White Water here in LC. He may be convinced to part with them. I have no idea what condition they are in but they came off rout . . . that White Water use to be at the Pit Grill in the mid to late 90's and then showed up at the dollar theater, it was in pretty rough shape as I recall.

For the right price, I would be interested in FH...even with the creepy clown head.

#301 11 years ago

Really nice lineup Speed. I would love the new Star Trek when it comes out, but not sure I want to fight speculators for an LE. I probably will hold at 3 for a while until the right deal comes along. I also plan to build a MAME cabinet with my son this summer...

#305 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Nope. Not even close!

I agree Nevus...he's barely scratched the surface...

#313 11 years ago

I need to chat with Keith about finding me the plastic speaker panel for my BSD. Mine is so faded it is green instead of blue and it makes the DMD look less clear. I would pay top dollar if he could find one...

I actually sent Planetary a request to see if they might produce more. His response was less than enthusiastic.

#318 11 years ago

Is sold pretty quick if I remember right. I think Tigerlaw contacted your about it.

Hell, I even thought of selling mine at the time and buying yours if it was in better shape.

All I really need to get it looking better is that danged speaker panel plastic. Many look, very few succeed in finding...

#331 11 years ago

Looks like a good weekend for me. Should be a blast....

#340 10 years ago

Did you guys fix it?

I spent the entire afternoon putting LEDs in STTNG. It took me over 5 hours and I ran a bit short on bulbs. Looks pretty good sitting next to AC/DC now.

Some thing I would rather do that put LEDs in STTNG:
    1)Get a root canal
    2) Get open heart surgery
    3) Have a Prostate Exam
    4) Get a Lobotomy

#342 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

No; we ran a few tests on it and found it was switch 86 and an opto that weren't working right. Were going to call you about it but we didn't really have any tools over there to work on it anyway though. Going to bring mine with me next time.

Was it switch 81 or 82? Sometimes the optos just get out of alignment. You can shine a light in the receiver to see if it trips the switch. You can also use your iphone camera to see if the transmitter is working.

#344 10 years ago

Switch 86 is the drop bank targets in the middle...

#347 10 years ago

Star Trek is a real bitch to put LEDs in the GI and inserts. I didn't order enough 555 white. I used a list on Pinside to order what I needed from Cointaker.

#351 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Why did it take you five hours to do the LED install? I bet it looks pretty awesome. Did you use a kit? If you need some extra LED's come by my office tomorrow (I'll be working in the afternoon) and take what you need; I have a ton extra laying around.

Oh, I forgot... one of the sockets broke off one of those smaller daughter board under the play field. Ended up having to resolder it back on using some copper wire for the leg pins. A real PITA... 20130427_224535.jpg20130427_224535.jpg

#352 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Do #4 first. Then the others won't bother you at all.

I guess I should wait for the lobotomy until I finish putting more LEDs in Dracula. And a shaker in AC/DC. And a ColorDMD in STTNG...too many projects.

#368 10 years ago

Hugh is big on CL buying and selling machines. Don't know much about the games he sells...what game you looking at?

I am out for the gathering in NOLA on the 25th. I may be up for a trip to Nevus' place.

#372 10 years ago

The mist multiball is the major PITA to fix if it isn't working. Check for battery damage on the board. (Mine has some, but I knew that when I bought it) Look for planking on the play field and check to see if the inserts are level. Some you can see in pics, some you would have to inspect in person.

1 month later
    #402 10 years ago

Nice video of the Pinchurch. Hope to see it in a future trip....you guys get the A/C unit working?

2 weeks later
    #427 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

We're looking at Saturday, July 27th for the event at Barcadia. It will be during the day, like starting around noon. I'm waiting to finalize the exact schedule but that's what we're shooting for.

That weekend looks good to me. Sounds like a road trip for the guys in the Lake Charles area.

2 weeks later
    #431 10 years ago

Is the Barcadia tournament on July 27th still happening? It looks like Pinball-is-great and I should be heading over for that one...any chance we could get a look at the pinchurch on that trip?

#438 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks for the post. Is that the "L@@K" Jungle Lord on CL? I have seen a few games from what I assume is a retail store in Jackson for a while on CL.

That business crossposts on CL so much they are in every city in Louisiana. It really sucks to see them every time I do a pin search...

#440 10 years ago

Anybody see that Getaway in the Metairie for $1000 OBO on CL? Looked pretty rough but maybe it could clean up if the playfield wasn't shot...

#443 10 years ago

I have too many irons in the fire trying to make deals for new machines. I wish I had the space for this HUO example...but only room for 4...hope it sells quick.

Any other other pins you are looking to sell Pinballpark? You may have one on my list...

4 weeks later
    #475 10 years ago

Seems pretty quiet in our neck of the woods. I guess the next tourney is at the Pinchurch in a couple weeks. Who will be attending?

I plan to be there...

#478 10 years ago

I didn't see the "prize for the best costume" before. I may have to pimp myself out for this one...

#480 10 years ago

Will any other SWLA players going to be in attendance? (Paging... Speed and TigerLaw25)

#484 10 years ago

Nice video Mike. I have never seen a Lawman before but it looks like a cool EM...

#486 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Just installed this in the arcade yesterday...

Sweet!

So which one of you guys beat me to the free Earthshaker on the Baton Rouge craigslist?

#488 10 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

That had to be a prank somebody pulled on that dude. I called 100 times starting immediately after it posted and always got voice mail and his mailbox was already full. I bet he didn't realize he could get that many calls in one day! The story sounded a little fishy, especially since you can see another pin to the left in that picture.
    Me and Mike are going to have to talk about snatching that HH away from me. I needed that to complete my set!

LOL! I thought it was too good to be true.

#512 10 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

I think probably a Sunday breakfast would work better for most of us, but would have to be early 9ish or earlier for us.

Depends on my alcohol consumption while watching the LSU/Bama game. Breakfast would be cool...

We should be able to watch the game right outside the expo doors. There was a small bar setup last year and tables and chairs to chill...

#515 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPark:

I will be at the hotel tomorrow and I will check out the options for TV's. Does anyone remember TV's in the big bar? That's where we have the $3 import pint specials. What time is the game? I will try to make sure the big bar is open for y'all!

The game is still TBD at ESPN. Last year it was either a 7 or 8 PM kickoff. I think it was after 11 when we left the area in tears...

#527 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Fun pinballing today Jodester and Pinball-is-great. Looking forward to tomorrow as well. Glad we were able to have a mini-pinball weekend, been too long!

Your RFM is the bomb. Enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

#534 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I haven't heard from anyone yet on this. No worries, just thought I'd bump the thought (and bump our little sub forum thread).
    Anyone have any pinball event plans this weekend?

Mike and I will be in NOLA for the 70's tourney at pinchurch.

Does anybody know if Nevus is attending? The booth idea is interesting and we could use it to find more pinheads in the area I bet.

1 week later
    #553 10 years ago

Are we still considering a booth for the show?

Dang shame about possibly selling WOZ Nevus. I still have not had any significant time on the machine. Hopefully at the Houston show...

#558 10 years ago

Good choice on bringing Dr. Who. Fun game and we can fix her is she has issues...

I am considering bringing Black Rose. Now that I have replace the MPU board and put LEDs in, it's looking really good.

#561 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

If I wasn't so far away, and always hell-bent to bring games back I'd drag one over there, but usually I have my vehicle stuffed by the time I leave. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone. Let's plan a late dinner at some point.

Didn't you have the back of your SUV loaded with 2 machines you bought last year?

If I bring a machine it might keep me from bringing another one home...might...but it won't keep me from trading one...lol

#565 10 years ago

I am still up in the air on the tourney. I may have to bring my youngest for a band function. Trying to see if I can get somebody to bring him...

1 week later
    #589 10 years ago

In a funk now after the LSU loss today. I really need a fix of pinball tomorrow. What time we getting together guys?

#593 10 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

One of these days I might have to travel for that LC party scene...

You are very welcome to come over Spanks. I think we have 12 different machines between the 3 of us and a couple more on the horizon...

2 weeks later
    #598 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Apparently there's a pinball enthusiast in Hope, AR who is selling a WOZLE on eBay:
    Ebay link

Did you ever get your WOZ yet Mike?

#602 10 years ago

I got some time on one at Joystix in Houston a couple weeks back. Incredible light show on the game.
    Are you planiing on it being a home game or putting it in the church for all to play?

#603 10 years ago

Which members of the group got in on the MMR?

I have been thinking really hard about it but I could not pull the trigger. I plan to buy a Met Pro soon and probably find a nice Funhouse. I can buy these for the same price as the MMR.

#606 10 years ago

MM is a fun game but I found it does get a bit stale after a while.(Heresy I know) My AC/DC is still keeping my interest after 6 months so I figure adding another music pin would be the better option for me.

1 week later
    #615 10 years ago

Yea, we should see most of the usual suspects on Friday and plan something spontaneous.

Any of you guys playing in the tournament?

#618 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPark:

OK guys, LSU game will be on in the bar! $2.50 draft craft beer pints all weekend!

Going to be a fun weekend!

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #635 10 years ago

Any pinball events going on this month guys?

#637 10 years ago

I want to wait until all the toys I ordered during the Black Friday sales are delivered. My Met Pro should be the bomb...thanks to Pinball Refinery...

1 week later
    #640 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Jodester,
    That MET Pro is one heck of an early Christmas present.I much enjoyed playing it the other night, and trying to beat you a few games.Maybe next time I'll get to put my initials for one of the high scores (and hopefully higher than whatever Tigerlaw can manage to put up on it). Have fun tinkering with LED's. You've already got that pin looking good and playing great.
    I think the slingshots on MET Pro are on steroids or Kryptonite or something. Quite powerful.Artwork good, music good, gameplay fun & addicting, multi-ball is a rush, .Excellent choice Jodester. Thumbs up by me.

Thanks Mike! Its always a fun night when you can play some competative pinball with a buddy. You were really rocking Met pretty good.

#643 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Most of you know it, but I'm selling the WOZ and the Stark Iron Man. Anyone interested send me a PM. I did not start a forum topic, but listed them in the marketplace.

I am full space wise or I would be super interested in your Iron Man. That machine looks awesome...

#645 10 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Jodester...to remedy your space shortage, you could store the Dracula at my place.

Hmmm...may have to think about that one.

6 months later
    1 month later
    #688 9 years ago

Bumping this thread to see whats going on...

1 month later
    #703 9 years ago

Oil City Open Pinball Tournament
    Saturday, October 11 at 12:00pm
    350 Junker Rd Beaumont, TX 77706

You guys need to attend this tourney! I may be bringing a game again depending on need.

9 months later
    #799 8 years ago

Nice looking game room Zukboy! In the design stages of building one...

#802 8 years ago

Nice Mike. You guys are doing a great job in the Nola area spreading the pinball "gospel" .

1 week later
    #815 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Currently my favorite most played game. Good luck in the hunt.

Good to hear. Maybe you will get rid of that lousy IM VE since you guys never play it...I have room.

#817 8 years ago

Zukboy may have something that would work for him. His Beat Time looked pretty good.

1 week later
    #818 8 years ago

Bumping our thread...want to make a pilgrimage to the Game Preserve sometime next week. Anybody know their hours?

#823 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, if you would be willing to wait till the 15th of August PavBall and I would be able to go.

That might work. I work this weekend and have my fantasy draft next.

#826 8 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Jody, our fantasy draft is 8/29. Good luck with yours. Am SO looking forward to football!

I was watching CFL tonight. I can't wait for the regular season.

#841 8 years ago

I plan to leave early Friday and possibly bring a game. Of course if I bring one, I won't be able to bring another one back. Choices...

#851 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Jody. When I do eventually get my games out of storage and all on a first floor setup, we should try the swap sometime. We could each pick a game that were not afraid to move. It would be fun to try something new for a few months and then return it. We can talk about it next time we meet up, assuming you are still interested. I'm probably 6 months from the game room being done.

Yea, I am still in the planning phases for mine. I think that would be a cool idea. I would love to try out Mustang if you still have it in your collection.

2 weeks later
    #857 8 years ago

Man, an AMH game play video would be really cool. Hint, hint...

#864 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

image.jpg
    My family enjoying some time at the PinChurch.

Sorry I missed T this weekend. Too bad I had to work.

1 month later
    #872 8 years ago

Never been called a mule before. I guess it fits....

2 weeks later
    #874 8 years ago

I think I am heading out on Thursday Mike. Marcus says I can open the box and play the first game on GoT during the tourney setup.

My better half will not be going this year, so there will be lots more alcohol on my menu...and a good cigar.

2 weeks later
    #887 8 years ago

Are we meeting up for dinner Thursday night?

1 month later
    #927 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

There's a EM in your area (LC) for 2k bottom is falling out, missing a bumper cap, backglass is faded and there is a leaf in the playfield and that's just from the pics who knows what it looks like in person? There was a few more last month down that way EMs for 1800 and 1500. I guess the none working EM market is on fire down in Lake Charles.?

I saw that thing listed. I wish I had a couple of work out EMs to sell on CL...

2 weeks later
    #939 8 years ago

Mike brought 2 Pav. Is it his possibly?

1 week later
    #959 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Any one in the group pick up the 8 ball deluxe in Blanchard this weekend? By the time I saw it and realized it was a working game it was sold.

It wasn't up long. I tried, but failed.

1 week later
    #969 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

You guys have fun. I'm going pick up EBD in the morning.

Sure, rub it in Chris.

2 weeks later
    #985 8 years ago

So, who is heading to Houma for the state tourney next weekend?

I plan to be there as an impartial observer...

#987 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

You're not going to play?

Not one of the chosen 16. I don't think I played in any Louisiana points tourneys. Hopefully that will change if I can get a league started on our side of the state...

1 week later
    #1002 8 years ago

Any pics of the LA tourney MVE? I heard the Black Widow won.

#1007 8 years ago

A few pics from the tourney...

20160213_152305[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_152305[1]_(resized).jpg

20160213_152315[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_152315[1]_(resized).jpg

20160213_152416[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_152416[1]_(resized).jpg

20160213_152437[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_152437[1]_(resized).jpg

20160213_152345[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_152345[1]_(resized).jpg

20160213_142641[1]_(resized).jpg20160213_142641[1]_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1039 8 years ago
    Quoted from Smokedawg:

Yea, i 've seen that for sale. He has alot of games he's been trying to sell and also has some in Kentucky. But I don't think he has sold any yet. I've been intrigued by his listings.

I spoke to that eBay seller on the phone a while back about his Ripley's. He seemed like a nice guy. He works in Kentucky part of the time and in Monroe the other part. His prices were negotiable on the phone since there were no eBay fees.

#1040 8 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Cheers from the beach Pinside!!
    image_(resized).jpeg

I just thumbs downed my first post by you Pav. I guess there was no room for me in your suitcase.

2 weeks later
    #1060 7 years ago

We had a great time! Hospitality and games were awesome.

3 weeks later
    #1080 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

11 now? Your collection only shows 9. Tisk tisk, you need to update your pinside database.

I think he may be counting Mike's I500 and my Shadow that he is holding for us.

#1083 7 years ago

You can remove Shadow from your collection Josh since I finally picked it up.

I need to see if Mike wants to put I500 at my place for the tourney. It would make a nice 10th game.

We were warming up for the tourney next week. Pav is very serious and Tiger and I talked wrasslin' all night. Actually rewatched the Montreal screw job...

20160515_174219[1]_(resized).jpg20160515_174219[1]_(resized).jpg

20160528_225331[1]_(resized).jpg20160528_225331[1]_(resized).jpg

20160528_225338[1]_(resized).jpg20160528_225338[1]_(resized).jpg

#1086 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I miss Bret Hart

I miss the whole attitude era. Amazing what they could get by with at that time.

1 week later
    #1090 7 years ago

Best shots of the night from the tourney. Appreciate all the folks that came out in the really awful weather. I plan to do this again later in the year.

20160604_183229[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183229[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg

#1092 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

We had a great time at you place Jody and thanks to tigerlaw and pavball for letting us crash at their place after.

Thanks Josh. It was a ton of fun. I may hold off on the booze until after my first match next time.

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

1 year later
    #1106 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Would love to see this game stay in the area if any of you are interested.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52127

I have your old Xmen that I got from Josh in a trade. It was very well kept up. Maverick is a cool game...glws.

11 months later
    #1109 5 years ago

Good here in Lake Charles. We had a nice pinball gathering yesterday and had a nice crowd. Xerico delivered a Seawitch to me and now I need to shop it out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jodester.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum?tu=Jodester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.