(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
    #1051 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Grand Cayman. Fighting a terrible sun burn today. My poor feet. image_(resized).jpeg
    By the way, your machine has PavBall really wanting a TOTAN now.

LOL Ive seen a few pop up in the last few months.

#1052 8 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Cheers from the beach Pinside!!
    image_(resized).jpeg

Mule!!!!! Toast

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1053 8 years ago

My X-Men is now @ $5500

1 week later
    #1054 7 years ago

Good party today. Thanks to all that came. I didn't take a single picture. Please upload what you have.

#1055 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Good party today. Thanks to all that came. I didn't take a single picture. Please upload what you have.

Had a great time at your place Chris. The gameroom came out really nice.
    Thanks for great food and hospitality. The game line up was amazing.
    Also good to see all of the pinsiders from Louisiana, some of whom I've met and some I haven't.
    Can't wait until the next get together.

#1056 7 years ago

Here's one Nevus when the pinball party was well underway. Thanks for having us over.
    Your collection has a nice mix now. Six manufacturers, 2 e-m's, ss, dmd's, etc.
    IMAG1465_(resized).jpgIMAG1465_(resized).jpg

#1057 7 years ago

It was great! Very nice space and collection. Met some cool folks and had a blast! Thanks SO much for your hospitality! Wish I had better pix. I know Mike took a bunch...

#1058 7 years ago

No group picture, but Pinsiders and pinball people from memory attending were:

Nevus (Mrs Nevus and Henry)
    MUDBUGFAN3
    Flatus
    ULMPharmD
    SINNISTERJSB
    10pingrn
    Pinball-is-great
    scottslash
    JAHpinWizard (and family)
    Jodester
    TigerLaw
    PavBall

If I forgot to invite someone local or that wants to come in the future, send me a PM. I'll be sure and include you next time.

#1059 7 years ago

Man sorry I couldn't make it... thanks for the invite.. would have enjoyed meeting a few more regional pinsiders...but Paul Mcartney was fun last night... played 38 songs!
    I need to get the same group up here to Little Rock if you'll are interested?

#1060 7 years ago

We had a great time! Hospitality and games were awesome.

#1061 7 years ago

Wish I could have mane it. Work gets in the way to much!! Nice collection Chris I'll make it next time

#1062 7 years ago

Mike is still here. He thought it was a 2 day party.

Here he is with Henry.

#1063 7 years ago

We had a blast thanks for having us. Really nice to meet everyone thanks again Chris.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1064 7 years ago

A great pinball weekend party at Chris's and meet the LA,MS,AR group and finished off by picking up 2 games from Jodester 1 is at my other daughter's house and kids are already playing it 2nd pin still in the Subaru. Father daughter time at Chris's and my other daughter's new game.

#1065 7 years ago

Had a great time Chris! Thanks for hosting and the great food. Enjoyed meeting those of you that I hadn't before and also catching up with those I had.

#1066 7 years ago

Nevus, Henry & I played a 3 player game on that new Full Throttle machine. Well of course Henry won. He's got his initials on all the high scores already.

2 weeks later
    #1067 7 years ago

Anyone on the Houston (HAAG) email list? Are you going to the Hockley Swap Meet this Saturday at Dan's Pinball Museum in Hockley TX?

IMAG0421_(resized).jpgIMAG0421_(resized).jpg

#1068 7 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a pin for my pool table? It's a 4x8 Brunswick anniversary model. Very high quality table.

#1069 7 years ago

Lane and I Texas bound had to pickup some cowboy hats so we would blend in.

#1070 7 years ago

A few pics from inside

#1071 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Anyone interested in trading a pin for my pool table? It's a 4x8 Brunswick anniversary model. Very high quality table.

Good. Good. Fill the room with pins.

#1072 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good. Good. Fill the room with pins.

Exactly, do you need a pool table?

#1073 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Exactly, do you need a pool table?

Depends. Do you need a piano?

#1074 7 years ago

This all seems so familiar.....getting rid of stuff for more room for pins...I just got rid of my beastly sectional and moved the 80" led to another area to use as the tv room and turned the previous media room/ game room into a full arcade....yay! now I have room for double the pins! and continue to kill my budget Well...they are cheaper than sports cars, my last sickness. This is a true disease I swear! I would have told anyone that they were full of it a few years ago if they told me that I would end up working towards putting 20+ pinball machines in my house..wow

#1075 7 years ago

Damn you Chris.....its all your fault!

#1076 7 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Good times.

#1077 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Depends. Do you need a piano?

Lol NOooo!

#1078 7 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Disease it is my brother. 11 in my collection now and sold 21 pins and I've only been into pinball since January 2015. It's a sickness!!!

#1079 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Disease it is my brother. 11 in my collection now and sold 21 pins and I've only been into pinball since January 2015. It's a sickness!!!

11 now? Your collection only shows 9. Tisk tisk, you need to update your pinside database.

#1080 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

11 now? Your collection only shows 9. Tisk tisk, you need to update your pinside database.

I think he may be counting Mike's I500 and my Shadow that he is holding for us.

#1081 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Yup lol

#1082 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

The getaway will be here soon also

#1083 7 years ago

You can remove Shadow from your collection Josh since I finally picked it up.

I need to see if Mike wants to put I500 at my place for the tourney. It would make a nice 10th game.

We were warming up for the tourney next week. Pav is very serious and Tiger and I talked wrasslin' all night. Actually rewatched the Montreal screw job...

20160515_174219[1]_(resized).jpg20160515_174219[1]_(resized).jpg

20160528_225331[1]_(resized).jpg20160528_225331[1]_(resized).jpg

20160528_225338[1]_(resized).jpg20160528_225338[1]_(resized).jpg

#1084 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

We were warming up for the tourney next week. Pav is very serious and Tiger and I talked wrasslin' all night. Actually rewatched the Montreal screw job...

Thanks for having us over. Watching that 90's wrestling was awesome!!!

#1085 7 years ago

I miss Bret Hart

#1086 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I miss Bret Hart

I miss the whole attitude era. Amazing what they could get by with at that time.

#1087 7 years ago

Here's an update on what's been happening in the New Orleans area....

The city's first public pinball parlor has been doing well. The Mystic Krewe Pinball Parlor is at 2315 St. Claude Ave in New Orleans - it's a small space but there's enough machines to do competitions and there's been a local league night every Monday. Details at: http://mystickrewe.com/tournaments/mkppleague/

We are actively working on setting up a large scale public pinball space in the area - right now we're looking for the right location. We want this to be unlike anything anyone else has done, very stylized and focused on pinball.

There's been a lot going on with the MK at the PinChurch lately. Our group now has two regular nights we meet up, Fridays for social night and Tuesdays for project night where we work on various things. Our next project is to try and raise money to put a new roof on the building. That's going to be a big expense but necessary.

In the meantime, we had a fun party last week. Nobody knew what it was about. I just said, "Be sure to come Friday - there will be a surprise..."

gb-pc00_(resized).jpggb-pc00_(resized).jpg

pc-gb0_(resized).jpgpc-gb0_(resized).jpg

pc-gb_(resized).jpgpc-gb_(resized).jpg

One of our members actually purchased the GB machine, and decided instead of keeping it at home, he had it shipped to the club and shared the unboxing with everybody. We are very lucky to have so many generous members in our group who go out of their way to share with others. We have an amazing group of members!

Beyond this, we've continued to do the "Live from the PinChurch" concert series, where we showcase bands, stream the concerts live and then do a multi-camera shoot with a ProTools multi-track recording. Everybody in the club pitches in and helps with these events. We've now done seven concerts covering all different styles of music. The last show was with a prog rock band, before that, a steampunk orchestra, and before that was a group called "The Tumbling Wheels" who just got a major record deal and will soon be touring Europe.

Here's one of the videos we just produced from the show:

#1088 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

The getaway will be here soon also

Thanks for having PavBall and me over tonight. Lots of fun!

#1089 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for having PavBall and me over tonight. Lots of fun!

No prob yall are welcome anytime. We had a blast

#1090 7 years ago

Best shots of the night from the tourney. Appreciate all the folks that came out in the really awful weather. I plan to do this again later in the year.

20160604_183229[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183229[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg

20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg

#1091 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Best shots of the night from the tourney. Appreciate all the folks that came out in the really awful weather. I plan to do this again later in the year.

We had a great time at you place Jody and thanks to tigerlaw and pavball for letting us crash at their place after.

#1092 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

We had a great time at you place Jody and thanks to tigerlaw and pavball for letting us crash at their place after.

Thanks Josh. It was a ton of fun. I may hold off on the booze until after my first match next time.

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#1093 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Thanks Josh. It was a ton of fun. I may hold off on the booze until after my first match next time.

Lol

#1094 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

One's too many and three ain't enough...

1 week later
    #1095 7 years ago

Here is a link to info on a pinball tournament in mid July (Sat 16th) in Houma, LA.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/115051738917517/
    See events at Gulf Coast Pinball Club on Facebook, and/or event is registered on IFPA Pinball website.

2016 South Louisiana Summer Pinball Tournament:
    Tournament starts at 2:00PM you can start arriving around 12:00PM to practice. Drinks and snacks will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own. Tournament format is Double elimination, best 3 out of 5 matches. Entry fee is $20.00 Prize money for 1st 2nd 3rd place. Machines will be set on free play at private location. Will be a IFPA points Tournament.

This tournament is closer for the New Orleans area folks, so perhaps it will work out that some NOLA area pinball players will be able to make it, and be able to hang out and visit at the party afterwards.

2 weeks later
    #1096 7 years ago

Hey guys,
    I'll be in New Orleans this weekend w/ space for a pin or two...

Are there any pins for sale in the area? I'm definitely checking out the pins at Mystic Krewe for sure!

2 weeks later
    #1097 7 years ago

A few pics from this weekend at my place. 17 players showed up and it was epic. Thanks to all the guys that made. We had players from La, Tx, Ms, Al.

1 week later
    #1098 7 years ago

In case anyone here hadn't seen it:

lafayette.craigslist.org link

#1099 7 years ago

Update from the NOLA-area krewe.. I think a lot of people are out of town for Summer. We've been operating a league downtown at the MK Pinball Parlor on Mondays, and focusing on working on our clubhouse. We just put a new roof on the building which was a huge undertaking, and doing fundraising to help cover those costs.

We've done a bunch more shows in our arcade studio... here are some videos from recent ones featuring some of our club members' bands:

2 weeks later
    #1100 7 years ago

Made a thread about my dads flooded pins. Any insight to help save them is greatly appreciated. Trying to see if there is anything I can do to save them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisiana-flooded-pinballs#post-3302685

There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.