(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
    #901 8 years ago

thanks here is the flip side bathroom will be on the right (when finished). Eventually will build a bar, found a used tiki bar that was more for outdoors but it works for now.

IMG_0034.JPGIMG_0034.JPG

#902 8 years ago

I agree . Your game room looks great and your half way between us north and south LA pinheads.

#903 8 years ago

I built this bar, but it's too big for the available space. Looks like it would fit much better in your space.

cardbar.jpgcardbar.jpg

#904 8 years ago

Alright Fellas i am officially going to TPF 2016!!! Im totally stoked it will be my first pinball convention. Anybody else going and want to meet up for the trip? I will be leaving out of houma friday morning sometime.

#905 8 years ago

thanks all for the comments on the game room its coming along.

Zukboy I don't know if there is such a thing but at my first HAAG expo I believe I gave myself a case of pinball elbow. Man I played so much pinball my hands and forearms were killing me, but I just couldn't help myself so many games that needed to be played, then you find your new fav's and have to go back to them.. You will have a blast, HAAG is like an old school arcade music lights like a party. I have heard but haven't been that TPF has its own vibe more of an EXPO? Haven't been so someone else would have to explain that one more, but hay 100's of pinballs can't go wrong with that. I hope to make TPF this year but to early for me to make that call.

#906 8 years ago

browne92 I found a old post from you in hear that was one of my games I sold, " a game in the Fort Polk area" I picked up three games on that find, the one I put on CL was an EM and the prior owner left the back off and the coin door open, not a good thing as a critter made it his or her home at some point they got hungry as they chewed the wiring. I listed it on CL for $100 funny thing is a guy from West Lake bought it and shortly there after he listed it for $200, I let him have it for $80 bucks so I guess he wanted to make a few bucks. It did have a nice back glass and the top side of the playfield looked nice, I thought of making into art but I just couldn't bring myself to cutting it up. Who knows where it ended up. here is a pic of the old pin. In you post I think you are into EMs and fixing them, you would have loved this one as it would have required some wiring/rewiring.

IMAG0344.jpgIMAG0344.jpg

#907 8 years ago

Yep. Definitely going to TPF.

#908 8 years ago

Nevus here is my game room in Blanchard. I bought this one in Shreveport and put it in daughter's and son-in-laws garage the plan was to come back in my truck to get it. After about a week my daughter clamed it. So I have a pin to play when we visit. Win-win...

IMAG0365.jpgIMAG0365.jpg

#909 8 years ago

Well played. My operator friend has my old nicely restored whirlwind and a no fear at the Johnnys Pizza on N Market near I-49. Isn't that near Blanchard?

#910 8 years ago

Yes sir that's out by Blanchard. That's 1 nice thing about your area you can actually find Pinball on locations. You probably already know this but there are some Pins out at the Sam's (fish restaurant) off of the I-20 take the Pines RD Exit and it on US HWY 79 Greenwood RD. Looks like there's a Johnnys Pizza place just behind it. How's the Pizza at Johnnys? May need to try it next time I'm up that way and play some pinball...

#911 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

browne92 I found a old post from you in hear that was one of my games I sold, " a game in the Fort Polk area" I picked up three games on that find, the one I put on CL was an EM and the prior owner left the back off and the coin door open, not a good thing as a critter made it his or her home at some point they got hungry as they chewed the wiring. I listed it on CL for $100 funny thing is a guy from West Lake bought it and shortly there after he listed it for $200, I let him have it for $80 bucks so I guess he wanted to make a few bucks. It did have a nice back glass and the top side of the playfield looked nice, I thought of making into art but I just couldn't bring myself to cutting it up. Who knows where it ended up. here is a pic of the old pin. In you post I think you are into EMs and fixing them, you would have loved this one as it would have required some wiring/rewiring.

Yea, I remember that. The guy lived about 4 doors down. But I had just had surgery so there was no way I could move it. And I sure wasn't going to pay his money for it. $200 and a year to rewire it? I don't think so.

#912 8 years ago

Pizza is great. The operator is a good guy.

#913 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Well played. My operator friend has my old nicely restored Whirlwind and a No Fear at the Johnnys Pizza on N Market near I-49. Isn't that near Blanchard?

That old whirlwind of yours ended up on rout? That was such a nice game.

PavBall and I are hitting TPF for sure. Will fly in on Thursday and out late on Sunday. How many more here confirmed and have their rooms?

#914 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Pizza is great. The operator is a good guy.

I wonder if he will buy the new pizza game?

#915 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many more here confirmed and have their rooms?

I will definitely be there! I usually drive in around 3:00 Friday.

#916 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many more here confirmed and have their rooms?

I have a room at the hilton 2 blocks away booked.

#917 8 years ago

Great. Hopefully Louisiana has a great turn out for this. I'd love for us to have our own show one day.

#918 8 years ago

That would be awesome!! Thats takes alot of time and dedication. We use to put on a car and truck show here locally and that was extremelly exhausting. But who knows it might happen i would def be interested in helping but i cant take the reins.

#919 8 years ago

I will request our same grouping of games for the Ark-La-Tex club. If you are bringing a game, please consider requesting to have it in our area. Its a nice way to keep an eye on each others games and we get to visit a little more.

#920 8 years ago

Nevus,
    I haven't signed up yet, but I plan to bring one pinball machine and put it in the ArkLaTex section.

#921 8 years ago

As teenagers in the 70's, when we would play a few games on El Toro, we called it El Boro.

#922 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I will request our same grouping of games for the Ark-La-Tex club. If you are bringing a game, please consider requesting to have it in our area. Its a nice way to keep an eye on each others games and we get to visit a little more.

I believe Pinside is going to have its own space this year as well. I'll see if our area can be next to the ArkLaTex area, will ask Marcus if this is possible.

#923 8 years ago

So, what's up Louisiana? Any pinball of news in the area?

#925 8 years ago

There's a EM in your area (LC) for 2k bottom is falling out, missing a bumper cap, backglass is faded and there is a leaf in the playfield and that's just from the pics who knows what it looks like in person? There was a few more last month down that way EMs for 1800 and 1500. I guess the none working EM market is on fire down in Lake Charles.?

#926 8 years ago

My job as a regional
    Manager covers LA/MS and I travel into that part of my territory every 6-8 weeks. Can I be an honorary member of the group and can I play some pinball somewhere when I am in the area?

Went to Micks Irish Pub about 3 weeks ago. Those games need some serious attention....

#927 8 years ago

There's a EM in your area (LC) for 2k bottom is falling out, missing a bumper cap, backglass is faded and there is a leaf in the playfield and that's just from the pics who knows what it looks like in person? There was a few more last month down that way EMs for 1800 and 1500. I guess the none working EM market is on fire down in Lake Charles.?

I saw that thing listed. I wish I had a couple of work out EMs to sell on CL...

#928 8 years ago

Hello. A friend of mine in the Fayetteville, AR area may need some help with his Gottlieb Sky Jump machine. He is new to the pinball community. Can anyone recommend someone that can work on the game if he needs any help with it?

Thanks.

#929 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody got any games for sale?

I'm selling my 3 EM's Gottlieb hot shot, Williams beat time, and ship ahoy. Asking $2,200 for all 3. They all work I just went through the beat time a few months ago. The ship ahoy and hot shot could use a shop job but like I said they do play. I would be interested in trading all of them for one newer pin. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
    #930 8 years ago

Kicking off the new year playing pinball!

PinParty-Jan2016-group_pic_(resized).JPGPinParty-Jan2016-group_pic_(resized).JPG

PinParty-pic-Jan2016_(resized).JPGPinParty-pic-Jan2016_(resized).JPG

PinParty-Jan2016-Stern_Lineup_(resized).JPGPinParty-Jan2016-Stern_Lineup_(resized).JPG

#931 8 years ago

SW LA, ...Jan, 2016

PinParty-Jan2016_(resized).JPGPinParty-Jan2016_(resized).JPG

Jodester-checks-out-Sorcerer_(resized).JPGJodester-checks-out-Sorcerer_(resized).JPG

Hey-what_the___(resized).jpgHey-what_the___(resized).jpg

Happy New Year!

#932 8 years ago

Good times last night. Thank you Tiger and Pav for hosting. I picked up a Ship Ahoy from Zukboy while I was there. Added bonus to having a pinball party in south Louisiana, a big plate of Boudin next to the chip and dip!

#933 8 years ago

Thanks for coming everyone!

Special thanks to Jodester, my collection would not be in near the condition it is in without him.

#934 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you Tiger and Pav for hosting.

That was fun fun fun!! We want to host every few months. Really enjoyed having all of you over. Thank you for making that long drive.

#935 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I'm selling my 3 EM's Gottlieb hot shot, Williams beat time, and ship ahoy. Asking $2,200 for all 3. They all work I just went through the beat time a few months ago. The ship ahoy and hot shot could use a shop job but like I said they do play. I would be interested in trading all of them for one newer pin.

I believe you forgot your jumper at our home. We can bring it to New Orleans next week?

#936 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Good times last night. Thank you Tiger and Pav for hosting. I picked up a Ship Ahoy from Zukboy while I was there. Added bonus to having a pinball party in south Louisiana, a big plate of Boudin next to the chip and dip!

Someone forgot a portable refrigerator. TigerLaw thinks it may be yours?

#937 8 years ago

That wasn't me PavBall.

#938 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

That wasn't me PavBall.

It is a mystery then. No one has sent us a text or messaged on Facebook. I will post on the Gulf Coast page and see whose it might be.

#939 8 years ago

Mike brought 2 Pav. Is it his possibly?

#940 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Mike brought 2 Pav. Is it his possibly?

Of course!! I emailed him this morning to thank him about the pictures but I had no response. He must be busy today/tonight. I will say to TigerLaw to text him tomorrow.

TigerLaw is desperately trying to get some of these initials scrubbed out by the way.. I think he has his work cut out for him.. I used my lady of house discretion to zap TWD scores back to factory but we are leaving all the others to torment TigerLaw for now..

#941 8 years ago

Gents how do I become part of the group? Is there some thing I need to do. Looks like I missed out on the new year gathering. I'm not on face book, so that maybe the issue.

#942 8 years ago

Gents how do I become part of the group? Is there some thing I need to do. Looks like I missed out on the new year gathering. I'm not on face book, so that maybe the issue.

I'll mention it on Pinside next time. This one was tossed together without too much notice. I'd like to see this thread get more active, I didn't think to post here because it doesn't get that much action.

#943 8 years ago

Thanks I just sent you my cell number using the PM option.

#944 8 years ago

So, after the defending Texas state champion rolled through our house on Saturday I was determined to reclaim some of the GC scores on our games.

Little did I know it would actually be PavBall to reclaim the top spot on XMen for us.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#945 8 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I believe you forgot your jumper at our home. We can bring it to New Orleans next week?

That sounds good to me. Thanks I reall enjoyed hanging out with you guys and meeting some great people. Looking forward to Texas.

#946 8 years ago

So, what's up Louisiana? Any pinball action anywhere this weekend?

#947 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, what's up Louisiana? Any pinball action anywhere this weekend?

Probably just cleaning up a Super Sonic I have in the Garage, belongs to a friend time to get it cleaned up (working) and back to him.

#948 8 years ago

You are more than welcome to come over and play a few games. I should be around here this weekend.

#949 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

You are more than welcome to come over and play a few games. I should be around here this weekend.

Yea, PavBall wants to go check out your set up. We are pretty slammed with work right now, not sure if we will be able to break away this weekend or not.

#950 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, PavBall wants to go check out your set up. We are pretty slammed with work right now, not sure if we will be able to break away this weekend or not.

Cool just hit me up when y'all can make it.

There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.