(Topic ID: 22510)

LA, MS, AR: Southern Pinball Collectors forum!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,109 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205632[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185202[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185158[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_210952[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205703[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_205652[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183245[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185220[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160604_183241[1]_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
    #801 8 years ago

Today marks the opening of the Mystic Krewe NOLA Pinball Parlor, the first of its kind in the New Orleans area. It's a modest attempt to put some classic games out for people to enjoy.

Here's the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mysticpinball

and the web page: http://nolapinball.com/

If you're in the NOLA area, check it out. We will be rotating games in and out and hosting some fun events in the future. With more support we can have more places like this in the area. Thanks for your consideration!

#802 8 years ago

Nice Mike. You guys are doing a great job in the Nola area spreading the pinball "gospel" .

#803 8 years ago

Cant wait to actually have a free day from my job to go check it out. Super excited

#804 8 years ago

It is so rad that you put some games out on the street. I would expect this to increase mystic membership numbers.

#805 8 years ago

I "liked" the page. We'll drop in sometime during the week of Aug 9-16. Great work, guys!

#807 8 years ago

Looking for a Addams family if anybody knows of one in the south working or non working if fine. I would prefer working. I also have a pin or 2 for trade + cash depending on the deal.

#808 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Looking for a Addams Family if anybody knows of one in the south working or non working if fine. I would prefer working. I also have a pin or 2 for trade + cash depending on the deal.

Currently my favorite most played game. Good luck in the hunt.

#809 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I found a bunch for sale but shipping is a killer and the drive is a wee bit to far. And I would like to see it in person before spending that much money.

#810 8 years ago

Thanks for the support! The place has been open six days and the response has been overwhelmingly good. We're going to be adding more cool stuff in the venue, neat decorations and displays (There's also an un-juried open art exhibition in the space so there's always interesting creative artwork being displayed). And the food is really awesome...

I just replaced all the drop targets on Jacks To Open today so it should be playing nicely. I'll also be rotating games in and out soon. We'll also be scheduling some tournaments in the space very soon.

#811 8 years ago

Mike that's really great. I hope to see it some day.

#812 8 years ago

I'll be staying in Metarie Sunday-Tuesday. I'm going to go check out the space.

#813 8 years ago

The PinChurch will be open this Friday. Although there are 16 games missing from it right now. Ironically, it doesn't even look empty - we had so many games stuffed into every nook of the building two truckoads gone don't seem to make a difference.

Tomorrow I will be on-set for the HBO/Cinemax production, "Quarry" - some of my machines are being used in a scene. Interesting plot of this series which has yet to air.. set in the 1970s post-Vietnam war some veterans get tangled up in a drug/murder scheme. Apparently they're smuggling heroin inside pinball machines. I'm providing a bunch of games for the filming. I'll try to post some pictures later. There's also a scene where they smash a pinball machine.... this was a pretty tough negotiation to make with the set design company. They wanted to buy a pinball from us but when we found out they wanted to smash it for a scene we didn't want to sell them one. We went back and forth and negotiated the proper way to do this... lol..

#814 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

The PinChurch will be open this Friday. Although there are 16 games missing from it right now. Ironically, it doesn't even look empty - we had so many games stuffed into every nook of the building two truckoads gone don't seem to make a difference.
    Tomorrow I will be on-set for the HBO/Cinemax production, "Quarry" - some of my machines are being used in a scene. Interesting plot of this series which has yet to air.. set in the 1970s post-Vietnam war some veterans get tangled up in a drug/murder scheme. Apparently they're smuggling heroin inside pinball machines. I'm providing a bunch of games for the filming. I'll try to post some pictures later. There's also a scene where they smash a pinball machine.... this was a pretty tough negotiation to make with the set design company. They wanted to buy a pinball from us but when we found out they wanted to smash it for a scene we didn't want to sell them one. We went back and forth and negotiated the proper way to do this... lol..

What time are you opening the doors today? Me, the wife and the kid are going to Biloxi in a few hours and would like to stop by and check it out.

#815 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good to hear. Maybe you will get rid of that lousy IM VE since you guys never play it...I have room.

#816 8 years ago

Hey folks, dropping in from south Texas here. I have an old friend in Lafayette who has a friend looking to get a starter pin for a home game room. If anybody has something dependable for under a grand within a decent driving distance please let me know. Not looking for a favor here, just leads. All help appreciated.

#817 8 years ago

Zukboy may have something that would work for him. His Beat Time looked pretty good.

1 week later
    #818 8 years ago

Bumping our thread...want to make a pilgrimage to the Game Preserve sometime next week. Anybody know their hours?

#819 8 years ago

I believe it's 10 am to 11 pm or to midnight on Sat. They have a website and a Fb pg I believe. Only open til 10 pm Mon-Thursday if I recall. Talk to Beaumont guys about condition of machines. They were just there last Sat.

#820 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgjust posting an updated pic of my lineup. Added freedy 2 weeks ago. Let's see pics of some of your game rooms down south. Of yeah and keeping this post at the top.

#821 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Bumping our thread...want to make a pilgrimage to the Game Preserve sometime next week. Anybody know their hours?

Hmm, if you would be willing to wait till the 15th of August PavBall and I would be able to go.

#822 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Added freedy 2 weeks ago. Let's see pics of some of your game rooms down south. Of yeah and keeping this post at the top.

Nice HH. I've got one I'm working on restoring. One day I'll get it finished.

Here's a pic of the current "lineup" - less than half our games, in a currently cluttered mess because we've been moving them around a lot.

pc1.jpgpc1.jpg
    pc2.jpgpc2.jpg

#823 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, if you would be willing to wait till the 15th of August PavBall and I would be able to go.

That might work. I work this weekend and have my fantasy draft next.

#824 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

image.jpg just posting an updated pic of my lineup. Added freedy 2 weeks ago. Let's see pics of some of your game rooms down south. Of yeah and keeping this post at the top.

Looking good man, nice freddy.

#825 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I work this weekend and have my fantasy draft next.

Jody, our fantasy draft is 8/29. Good luck with yours. Am SO looking forward to football!

#826 8 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Jody, our fantasy draft is 8/29. Good luck with yours. Am SO looking forward to football!

I was watching CFL tonight. I can't wait for the regular season.

#827 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Nice HH. I've got one I'm working on restoring. One day I'll get it finished.
    Here's a pic of the current "lineup" - less than half our games, in a currently cluttered mess because we've been moving them around a lot.
    pc1.jpg
    pc2.jpg

Awesome collection man is that a 3d printer I see?

#828 8 years ago

What year do you figure that Pong game was produced Pinballhelp?
    Must have been a big deal when it first came out.

#829 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

TigerLaw said:
    That might work. I work this weekend and have my fantasy draft next.

Perhaps we can get Pinball-is-great and some of the Beaumont guys to join us. I would consider making it a full weekend pilgrimage and hitting pinballz in Austin too.

#830 8 years ago

I'd rather go to N.O. and hit the new public pinball place that opened AND stop by the Pinchurch (adv notice plans made of course).

#831 8 years ago

So jealous...

Have a great time guys.

#832 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I'd rather go to N.O. and hit the new public pinball place that opened AND stop by the Pinchurch (adv notice plans made of course).

I'd certainly be down for that as well. Let's do both.

It looks like I will be in New Orleans on the 28th of August anyway (and Friday's are their big night as I recall). Let's make some plans.

#833 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd certainly be down for that as well. Let's do both.
    It looks like I will be in New Orleans on the 28th of August anyway (and Friday's are their big night as I recall). Let's make some plans.

I would be down for the weekend of the 28th in N.O.

#834 8 years ago

I was (and still am) trying to sell my cocktail machine, but the lady liked my old Gotlieb 4 player EM better, so off it went. As I have time and not much money, I'm in the market for a project machine. Let me know what you have.

#835 8 years ago
    Quoted from browne92:

but the lady liked my old Gotlieb 4 player EM better, so off it went

Thanks again for that. They are really happy with it. Are you going to make HAAG in Nov? The swap meet was pretty good last year.

#836 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Thanks again for that. They are really happy with it. Are you going to make HAAG in Nov? The swap meet was pretty good last year.

I'm glad to hear that. Nothing fancy, just a decent, solid machine.

I'll have to look into HAAG. Unfortunately, half my family decided to get stupid... er... ah... married this year, so I have 2 weddings to go to that month.

Did you plan on having your acrylic machine there? I'd love to see that thing.

#837 8 years ago

It will be there along with my recently overhauled EBD and Space Invaders.

#838 8 years ago
    Quoted from browne92:

I'll have to look into HAAG.

I think we have a large Lake Charles group going this year.

#839 8 years ago

I'm booked for HAAG. I'm taking Friday off and expect afternoon arrival. Im considering bringing a game.

#840 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm booked for HAAG. I'm taking Friday off and expect afternoon arrival. Im considering bringing a game.

I just booked my room for HAAG - Thursday through Sunday. Will arrive super late Thursday and sleep in on Friday...then it is time for pinball.

#841 8 years ago

I plan to leave early Friday and possibly bring a game. Of course if I bring one, I won't be able to bring another one back. Choices...

#842 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I plan to leave early Friday and possibly bring a game. Of course if I bring one, I won't be able to bring another one back. Choices...

That is what a UHaul is for.

#843 8 years ago

Never been to HAAG. I'm going to try to go if I can convince someone to go with me.

#844 8 years ago

If I drive over to Hou in Nov for the Hou pinball expo, then I could likely bring a machine back to L.C. (weather permitting). This is due to I will not be bringing a pin this yr due to I will be working that Fri.

#845 8 years ago

Jody. When I do eventually get my games out of storage and all on a first floor setup, we should try the swap sometime. We could each pick a game that were not afraid to move. It would be fun to try something new for a few months and then return it. We can talk about it next time we meet up, assuming you are still interested. I'm probably 6 months from the game room being done.

#846 8 years ago

By the way, PavBall and I will be in New Orleans the night of Friday, August 28th. Anything going on there that Friday?

#847 8 years ago

Yes, we're playing pinball that night in N.O., and don't forget the eating, drinking, and celebrating!

#848 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Jody. When I do eventually get my games out of storage and all on a first floor setup, we should try the swap sometime. We could each pick a game that were not afraid to move. It would be fun to try something new for a few months and then return it. We can talk about it next time we meet up, assuming you are still interested. I'm probably 6 months from the game room being done.

Hands off his Doctor Who! That puppy is coming home to me eventually.

Jody takes phenomenal care of his games by the way. Great guy to do trades with.

#849 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yes, we're playing pinball that night in N.O., and don't forget the eating, drinking, and celebrating!

Sweet. We are staying out in Metairie.

#850 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Chris, I wouldn't mind getting in on that!

There are 1,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.