Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by perryd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20140822_152343.JPG
    WP_20140810_23_02_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140810_23_02_22_Pro.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

We all know LTG is a great bloke, but just wanted to say thanks again for helping me out with some issues I had on WOZ and the quick turn around in getting the parts.

It makes it even more impressive that I'm in Australia and had the parts in just over a week, really great service where others retailers don't give a pigs arse when you live in another country.

Mate your a big asset for JJP and do a great job.

Thanks again mate for your help.

#2 9 years ago

Couldn't agree more. Lloyd is awesome!

#3 9 years ago

I was glad to help. I appreciate your kind words. There were more involved than just me.

Sal and Vinny and JJP got the parts to you.

And you, the customer. Are the one we want happy !

LTG : )

#4 9 years ago

Yes true, but you go out of your way on pinside to answer messages and help all the time, just thought you deserved a bit of open recognition.

And being in Australia to get amazing tech support from the other side of the world is amazing, I will end up buying another JJP pinball just cause of the service you and the team has given (prob the 3rd pin, might skip the hobbit)

#5 9 years ago

Oh yeah I will fit those boards tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

#6 9 years ago

Hey mate the new boards don't work, I have the same problem

#8 9 years ago

Yep I know.........

#9 9 years ago

I hate to laugh and I'm sorry, but this:

Quoted from Mato:

Hey mate the new boards don't work, I have the same problem

makes the thread title hilarious!

Seriously though, Lloyd's a good guy.

#10 9 years ago

Yeah it does, but it was more about his service and not the faulty boards, I have faith it will get fixed.

#11 9 years ago

Glad you got good service but gee I had a laugh towards the end not that they didn't work but when the thread was on such a high then it just crashed and burned.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Glad you got good service but gee I had a laugh towards the end not that they didn't work but when the thread was on such a high then it just crashed and burned.

Ha ha I know, oh well shit happens.

#13 9 years ago

Mato I didn't help with this ticket but what boards were sent. Wondering if the issue isn't the board you suspected.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Ha ha I know, oh well shit happens.

It does hey good luck it'll work out I'm sure from what I've read here Lloyd is highly regarded and very helpful that's great for our hobby

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Mato I didn't help with this ticket but what boards were sent. Wondering if the issue isn't the board you suspected.

WP_20140810_23_02_22_Pro.jpgWP_20140810_23_02_22_Pro.jpgWP_20140810_23_02_29_Pro.jpgWP_20140810_23_02_29_Pro.jpg

I have gone through every light to see what doesn't register and found lights 1-35 do not work and also light #67

How do you do a diagnostic to see which board is faulty?
    How do you tell what lights match what boards?

#16 9 years ago

Basically the easiest way is to find the LAST working board (either large or GI) and then just Jump over the next one.

So for example if 14 is the last board lit, disconnect 15 and connect 14 to 16. If the playfield lights up, 15 is your problem. If it doesn't then the output of 14 may be the problem.

#17 9 years ago

By boards you mean the ones with the numbers on them? The tiny ones.

#18 9 years ago

Correct. Each board has a sticker on it like #29 in your picture. What is the LAST working one counting upwards.

#19 9 years ago

Ok I will give it ago now while its morning over there as its night here and visa versa........ let you know shortly.

#20 9 years ago

ok great.. Just let me know. If you received a GI board (small board) you likely have enough parts to fix the issue

#21 9 years ago

Ok I have bypassed 26 and those other boards are working, in the picture supplied the throne room is out, extra ball is out special is out, horse is out and collect is out.WIN_20140822_152343.JPGWIN_20140822_152343.JPG

#22 9 years ago

No small boards received only the 2 large ones, would this mean I have a fault 26 board? Also once bypassed and you go into test the lights individually they don't match up to what their supposed to be? Is this normal due to the bypass?

I have the number 7 on YBR and the T on Toto constantly alight

And I still have light #67 Hi Gi Crystal ball that's out.

#23 9 years ago

Ok if another one is out follow the same process until they are all lit. Sounds like you have a bad 26.

#24 9 years ago

Ok everything is working except board #26, I forgot to switch on board 15 from testing it so #67 is all good and I have switched off board #26 and all other lights are working correctly.

How do I organise to get board #26 and do you want me to send those other boards back?

#25 9 years ago

Ping Lloyd. He will let you know if they need to be shipped back. Given you are in AUS I'm not sure it's worth it Not my call though.

#26 9 years ago

Cool I've sent him a message, thanks for your help mate appreciate it.

#27 9 years ago

Lloyd is on it.

JJP does want parts back. There is concern at some point they may reenter the market place as spares and cause damage. And some things do get checked too, for manufacturing defects, etc.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd is on it.
    JJP does want parts back. There is concern at some point they may reenter the market place as spares and cause damage. And some things do get checked too, for manufacturing defects, etc.

Do you want me to retry these old boards to see if it was only board #26 that was faulty, or do you want me to send you a picture of them destroyed, it would save me shipping expense from Australia to America.

Just a thought, your call?

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Do you want me to retry these old boards to see if it was only board #26 that was faulty, or do you want me to send you a picture of them destroyed, it would save me shipping expense from Australia to America.

Just a thought, your call?

I'll PM you about that one.

#30 9 years ago

lloyd is truly one of the great guys of the pinball industry...Helped me out numerous times with technical issues.
    I don't know how he has time to help all of us, but he surely tries to and in a timely manner as well.

p

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/l-t-g-does-it-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.