Unknown-2.jpeg
friendship.jpg
feel-the-hate.jpg
hot-football-girl.jpg
super-hot-football-chick.jpg
image-877.jpg
Kwiki STLE rating.jpg
shakeweight.jpg
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You are impossible to get along with. Who don't you argue with? Even centerflank now, who the hell argues with centerflank? nobody, that's who

I don't really care what you think. You have zero credibility to me. That was the case before you admitted that you "fudge the numbers", but that post pretty much wrapped it up with a nice little bow.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't really care what you think.

Ah, at least we have something in common.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah right. You'd be screaming bloody murder if he had rated your beloved WOZ a 1.5 without playing it.

No, I could really care less, Take a look at all the bogus Woz ratings both up and down, its no different here other than a whole lotta rosie (whining) There are several 1 to 4 ratings on Woz all from people that don't own it. Means nothing.

It's just a whole lot of selective outrage when the entire rating system works this way, why is anybody surprised?

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, I could really care less

So you *do* care some!

#105 10 years ago

who the hell argues with centerflank?

QG does bring up solid points in his rebuttals though....

#106 10 years ago

Tron kicks ass.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tron kicks ass.

Ok, that you can't argue with.

#108 10 years ago

Ah, at least we have something in common.

Can't argue with that either!

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you *do* care some!

I don't agree with the practice of doing that, I take a mental note of who's doing it and then weigh it accordingly!

It's just a flawed system that doesn't mean much.....

People should be required to update/ rerate every year or have their ratings drop off, that would be fair to the newer pins versus the over rated games from the 80's and 90's with less to compare to.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can't argue with that either!

Yes very true.

#111 10 years ago

I don't get the hype of Tron! I hate the theme and have only played the pro and its probably my least favorite pin of any pin I've ever played, right there with Harley Davidson. Maybe it's just the theme for me.

#112 10 years ago

How does a "kwiKi's bad rating gone good then gone bad" thread turn into a ratings love fest?
Hashtag: feeling sick now.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get the hype of Tron! I hate the theme and have only played the pro and its probably my least favorite pin of any pin I've ever played, right there with Harley Davidson. Maybe it's just the theme for me.

Moderators, please ban this guy.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get the hype of Tron!.

Now you've gone and Tron it.......incoming!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Moderators, please ban this guy.

I'm gonna go rate that turd right now! Hehe....

Actually, I'm going to update my 1-2-3 ratings

Going from Lotr, Woz, Ac/dc to Ac/dc, Woz, Lotr....

So for you ratings freaks I'm going to downgrade my Woz rating! That's right, mark it down, I'm slicing it to be true to my current feelings in relation to Ac/dc (subject to change with code)

#116 10 years ago

I just think the rating system needs to be fixed. I see this BS all the time, people that rate certain pins a 10 and others that are in the same class/era a 1 or 2. Just not possible IMO.

You might not agree with my ratings, but I tend to stay in a range from about a 6-10 and I think most others do too. It just sucks that these ratings are abused by some for financial gain or other reasons. I think the 1-10 system makes it easy to abuse. Not that I have a good answer, but switching to using the median vs. the mean might be a good start.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

You might not agree with my ratings, but I tend to stay in a range from about a 6-10 and I think most others do too.

Anything under a 5 seems fishy to me. I flag those as bogus as usually the comments accompanied with it are "crap" or something like the guy that rated STLE a 1.

edit----and someone starred his rating, WTH?

#118 10 years ago

Ok, I feel like I just gave a fair and honest rating of Tron, what do you guys think?

Already deleted it, it was bothering me

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not that I have a good answer

What about pics or you can't rate it, I mean show a pic of you playing the game with either a sad, happy or mellon collie face otherwise you never played it?

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, I feel like I just gave a fair and honest rating of Tron, what do you guys think?

Funny

#121 10 years ago

I don't rate games until they are finished code wise, and or I have played them a fair amount of times. Come to think of it, I really don't rate games that often anyway. I play pinball.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what? People need to worry more about themselves and what they do versus telling other people what to do or not do, its one rating, one person, big deal.
Every pin has its bogus ratings so you guys want to cry about it go ahead!
The "10" ratings are just as bad and I don't see the public outrage there

Sounds like you are the one crying about it and defending the guys childish actions.
Nice try though in shifting the focus to a different argument / topic.

I could care less what any game is rated and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
When its totally dishonest and only intended to get a rise out of others its simply trolling.

(You swallowed the bait)

#123 10 years ago

Merry Christmas

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Merry Christmas

Ditto!

#125 10 years ago

Don't worry guys, I brought backup...
Top100fuel.jpgTop100fuel.jpg
After reading through three pages of "WTF?!?", I figured eVeRyOnE on here (including kwiKi) could use a little boost.

#126 10 years ago

patrick-swayze.jpgpatrick-swayze.jpg

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Don't worry guys, I brought backup...

After reading through three pages of "WTF?!?", I figured eVeRyOnE could use a little boost.

Top100fuel.jpg 19 KB

That's awesome, cause we all know you're not you when you're hungry.

#128 10 years ago

Iiiiiiiii just wanna tell you how I'm fee e ling
You know the rules and so do I
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I could care less what any game is rated and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
When its totally dishonest and only intended to get a rise out of others its simply trolling.

Yep, and it sure got a rise out of you crybabies! Swallowed that bait whole didn't you.......

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The guy lied. He rated a pin without ever playing it.
Others recommended that he simply admit what he did, apologize for it, and move on. Instead, he says things like people shouldn't drink the Stern Kool-Aid, calls people idiots and morons, and never once admitted what he did was wrong.
And now...after saying he rates it an 8.0 after he actually played one, he then acts like a whiney child and goes back and rates the pin a 1.2.
He gets zero sympathy for me acting this way.

Wait a moment, time out......that was my recommendation of what is needed here.

KiwiKimart must have a timeout!

#131 10 years ago

This thread has been an OK read. Thanks Pinside and KW. ;P

#132 10 years ago

I am sorry, but I have been fortunate enough to have owned both ST:TNG and STLE and for my personal tastes I far prefer STLE. I also suck at pinball, I really like JP, PoTC, and MM and I like all pinball makers, past and present (I have B/W, Stern, and Data East in my collection and have THLE on order). Thus my views are no less, or more, valid than any one else. I still agree with play what you like and do not worry what any poll says. Does it matter, then, that I prefer STLE over ST:TNG? Not in any way. I do feel that I should add that I feel that ST:TNG is a fine game and would be welcomed back in my collection if money/space worked out.

That all being said, I do feel that if you are going to formly, thus publically, rate a game that it should be done honestly with no agenda. I know that people get passionate and, curiously enough, possessive/protective about a title yet try to resist the urge of being dishonest and just try and be fair and equitable in your thoughts.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

and for my personal tastes I far prefer STLE.

Quoted from Santeh:

I prefer ST:TNG over STLE.

#134 10 years ago

Rob I was thinking the same thing ???

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rob I was thinking the same thing ???

Lol! I am sorry about that. Too much eggnog already? Kidding, kidding. I guess it's good I am home.
I corrected it.

Thanks!

#136 10 years ago

Is the title of this thread ironic or just considered irony?

#137 10 years ago

I give this thread a 1.2

Opinions are not factual, they are just a point of view. Plus what people like in a pin is subjective to personal taste anyways. Some people like faster flow, others like more controlled, longer play type games.

The big problem is people get emotionally tied up into these pins because they are big purchases. Anybody that has 8k tied up into anything, not just a pinball machine, is going to have a hard time hearing people criticize it, or not like it.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Anybody that has 8k tied up into anything, not just a pinball machine, is going to have a hard time hearing people criticize it, or not like it.

Ding ding ding! We have a wi-nner! (sounds like wiener...)

In fact,
RobT just installed a bill validator on his STLE, just in case myself or other locals come over to play it...
*insert sad face; then winkie face*

Just teasing you Rob, STLE is most definitely worth a dollar a play!

Don't worry guys,
The Pinside consortium will eventually balance Star Trek's rating in another year or two so, in the meantime just sit back and play a game or four on your favorite underrated machine and let the 2014 good times roll!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Ding ding ding! We have a wi-nner! (sounds like wiener...)
In fact,
RobT just installed a bill validator on his STLE, just in case myself or other locals come over to play it...
*insert sad face; then winkie face*

You can come play mine for .50.

#140 10 years ago

If someone has 8k to spend on pinball, they don't hurt for money and don't care what you or I think because they likely drive a 60k car and live in a 750k house. In fact, I think the whiners are more the jealous pinballers who wish they had the 8k to spend on a pinball machine. Those are the people who need to take a deep breath here.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Anybody that has 8k tied up into anything, not just a pinball machine, is going to have a hard time hearing people criticize it, or not like it.

Actually I have no problem with that at all. In fact I've been texting others about my complaints with the current code on STLE.

In case anyone missed it, what I take exception to is people criticizing (by giving a 1.5 rating, then a 1.2) a pin that they've never even played.

I don't consider that criticism. I don't consider that as someone not liking the pin. I consider it lying.

Quoted from jimjim66:

Opinions are not factual

Especially when they haven't played the pin in question.

#142 10 years ago

in the ratings I see there is no category for how much the pin cost......

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In case anyone missed it, what I take exception to is people criticizing (by giving a 1.5 rating, then a 1.2) a pin that they've never even played.

I don't consider that criticism. I don't consider that as someone not liking the pin. I consider it lying.

I wasn't making the comments specifically about this thread, but more about 99.9% of the rating threads in general. You are right, rating a pin without playing it is not a valid rating.

Quoted from magnoliarichj:

in the ratings I see there is no category for how much the pin cost......

There isn't, but inevitably price is brought into every MM rating post, since Pinside was created. Now that NIB pins are 8k, I expect the comments to creep into those posts as well. I don't agree with it, but I see it happening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kwikimarts-honest-and-unbiased-review-of-stleprempro/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.