cabfront.jpg
translite.jpg
pflightson.jpg
botpf.jpg
midpf.jpg
toppf.jpg
fullpf.jpg
dansf14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrWizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Big thanks to Vid for the spectacular job transforming a truly nasty playfield into a work of unbelievable quality. I had a couple friends over last night, and they really enjoyed how fast the game is. Beauty of a job.

The powerball added makes it especially fast!

Like all great artists, he put a special touch on the playfield to distinguish it from all others to prove the authenticity of the work.

Dan

#16 8 years ago

Kyle, flying low here trying to keep my head under the tracers. Remember, I first met you when Danny and I came over to see the F-14 you were selling. Hope all is going well. Understand from Jason you are off on another adventure soon. God speed!

I will get some pics up in a bit, but they will not do it justice.

The search for the inserts was intensive a couple years ago Think I got the last blue arrows that IPB had, and had to go to the land down under for the red ones. I was very fortunate to find them.

Vid, you were right about the cabinet. The red is like new. A small amount of touch up on the edges with gloss black, and the cabinet is now very nice.

Now I have a couple of the best short balltime games that I know of: F-14 and IronMan.

Future plans for the game: add a spotlamp on the spinner that lights only when it is spinning and look into the DMD mod using P-ROC.

Anyone have an idea what the deal is with the black exposion plastic up by the top left red flasher? It points up toward the top of the playfield and so you cannot see it, plus it has a spot for a bulb to come up and through, but I could not find any prototype pics with a lamp installed.

Appreciate the enthusiasm.

Dan

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Is this the one that was used as a reference on the playfield resto thread?

Yes.

#18 8 years ago

PF Picsfullpf.jpgfullpf.jpgtoppf.jpgtoppf.jpgmidpf.jpgmidpf.jpgbotpf.jpgbotpf.jpgpflightson.jpgpflightson.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Cab picstranslite.jpgtranslite.jpgcabfront.jpgcabfront.jpgheadleft.jpgheadleft.jpgheadright.jpgheadright.jpgcablf.jpgcablf.jpgcabrtside.jpgcabrtside.jpg

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks for sharing the game with us. It really was a treat to be able to play it. The downside is that now I feel the lack of a Sys11 game in my own collection even more keenly.

Your collection is so pristine, I have felt lack every time I have left there!

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Looks rad Wizzo....I gotta get that bright caps MOD on my pop cap....it's a bit dark back there. I was lucky to end up with one (albeit still a players game) with a really nice cab. Maybe it's the pic but your plunger face plate looks a bit cock eyed?!

It is a bit cock-eyed, but that was the only position that I could get the plunger tip to strike the ball cleanly. Really doesn't make sense I know. Need to play with it some more. Keen eye you have there.

Dan

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pull the plunger tip off and clean out the inside before reinstalling.
2x last year I've found crap loose inside them after installation, and I'm too dumb to check ahead of time.....

Already had cleaned it all up and installed a new sleeve. Made no difference. Something is bent, inside mounting plate maybe. Need to pull it off and make sure it is straight, or shim the screws with washers until I foiund the sweet spot.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's just a plastic to to prevent a ball trap. I'm not sure if it was on the X prototypes.
The hole is for screwdriver access below.

Pretty sure it is on the protos from pics on IPDB. Good explanation as always.

Dan

#28 8 years ago

Oh, and I do like the comet ring. Nice addition IMO.

Dan

#30 8 years ago

It is smooth, no wobble. Played around with the positioning. Much improved, not perfect. Will keep tweaking.

Attached a 555 socket just under the right end of the habitrail at the gate of Lock #1 and tied it into the GI. Waiting on SPOT Leds from Cointaker to see how they may work on the spinner. It is very well hidden under there. Hardly noticeable.

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrWizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kudos-to-vid-on-my-f-14?tu=MrWizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.