4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hey All!

Has anyone had any experience sending out their boards for repair to K's Arcade? If so, what is the average turnaround time that you have experienced (I know this could be drastically different by how busy they are or what your issue is), but just trying to gauge what to expect. I sent in my Driver board around 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten any email or confirmation that they received my board, but it's probably just a really busy time for them with the Holidays approaching.

#2 4 years ago

I had work done by him before and I don't exactly remember but I think it was around three weeks but could have been longer. I didn't get confirmation either but I called to confirm myself. Overall a good experience.

#3 4 years ago

I got mine back in a little over two weeks.. Nice work.

#4 4 years ago

First board I ever had repaired was by them, took about 4 weeks.
    Bought a new board in the interim (11a converted to run on high speed on ebay).
    When I finally tried the original board (11) a few months later, it didn't work right, I sent it back in and he claimed he never worked on the board. Said he'd never fix a board with as much battery damage. Sound didn't work, which is why I sent it in. Then refused to return it to me, said i'd get $100 credit towards an aftermarket board, which was $400. Never took him up on the pathetic offer. That would have put me $500 out of pocket, and the rottendog boards don't work on high speed.
    So $200 and a board down the drain.
    I only had one pinball machine at the time and it was my first.
    I still have every email and the paypal receipt.

Overall, NOT good experience.

I was given advice to send it to coin op cauldron, when I called he wanted 8 weeks.
    Should have been more patient and taken that advice.

#5 4 years ago

A month to repair a board is crazy slow, guess it works for him. You call he says a month, and you say hell with that just give me a new board.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for all of the input. I sent a message via their website on Friday but I'll give them a call on Monday. I know things take time, just wondering if I should have gotten a confirmation number or not. Just saw on the FedEx tracking that it was received.

Steve

#7 4 years ago

Have you spoke with Chris Hibler? Respected gent, with great communication.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

When I finally tried the original board (11) a few months later, it didn't work right, I sent it back in and he claimed he never worked on the board. Said he'd never fix a board with as much battery damage. Sound didn't work, which is why I sent it in. Then refused to return it to me, said i'd get $100 credit towards an aftermarket board, which was $400. Never took him up on the pathetic offer. That would have put me $500 out of pocket, and the rottendog boards don't work on High Speed.
    So $200 and a board down the drain.
    I only had one pinball machine at the time and it was my first.
    I still have every email and the paypal receipt.

Overall, NOT good experience.

That sounds very bad.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That sounds very bad.

Yeah, not the best way to start off in the hobby for me.
    Luckily there is a lot of good people that have helped me out along the way to offset that experience.

What's worse is that he refused to give it back because he said basically he didn't want his name on it.
    So he was attempting to protect his rep and save himself a $200 refund, but what he didn't take into consideration was the damage that would come from me outing my dealings with him.
    Penny wise dollar foolish.
    Besides, if he refunded the money and gave it back, I would have felt like he was someone that stood behind his work. People make mistakes, stuff happens, sometimes it's more important how you handle a mistake than it is the mistake itself.

#10 4 years ago

I had a problem with Ks arcade in the past (3+ years ago). I was having
    a problem with a Williams System 3 machine that would start a game but
    would reset when particular targets were hit. I removed the playfield
    connectors and verified it was somewhere in one of the two main boards.
    Sent in two boards .. one was an MPU board that K's arcade rebuilt
    sometime in the past and the other was the driver board.

He convinced me the MPU was fine and the Driver board was bad (so bad
    that I needed a new one!). I got them back and the problem was still
    there! After a lot of learning and research I figured out that the roms
    in the MPU board were for a different machine (although marked for my
    machine). I sent for new roms (from someone else!) and then everything
    worked fine. So postage to and from K's ($30+). New Driver board which
    I didn't need ($175 - $15 trade value for my perfectly good one!). So
    that was $190 when all I needed was the correct roms.

This experience has been the worst I had in my pinball hobby. I hope
    others are better than mine.

Mike V.

#11 4 years ago

Probably will get the best answer asking Keith.

I've found him to be an upstanding guy and he has an excellent reputation.

#12 4 years ago

I have dealt with K's three times, always got good work back. Maybe slow and not much communication, but nothing out of line. I will use him again.

#13 4 years ago

I just got a CPU from Keith. Great guy to deal with. He also has a CPU of mine for repair. He told me about a month. He is real busy. I will always do business with Keith.

#14 4 years ago

He sold me a DOA refurbished sound board for a street fighter, it had no speech and no music, just sound affects. A brand new one from marco solved my issue so it was definatley the board and before this i switch in one from my shaq attaq to fix it. K's arcades response? Your game damaged the board or you installed it wrong! What a tool. Customer service there sucks. I will never buy refurbs from them.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Then refused to return it to me, said i'd get $100 credit towards an aftermarket board, which was $400.

This is so ridiculous. I would be super pissed. How can someone do this. I consider this theft.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Have you spoke with Chris Hibler? Respected gent, with great communication.

Also, when Chris is done its done!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

A month to repair a board is crazy slow, guess it works for him. You call he says a month, and you say hell with that just give me a new board.

I think this an unrealistic expectation and part of the reason I am transitioning from just doing mail in and return board repair to just selling rebuilt and repro boards outright. I was also a month out when i was doing board repair. If people balked at the time there was others that would send it back quicker, but they also charged a bit more than I do.

#18 4 years ago

You can't have it fast, cheap, and done right at the same time. A month is nothing the way I see it. These board repairers have to build up a que, and unless you're willing to pay higher to be bumped up in line, you'll have to wait.

I've used them all (almost), and luckly have not had a bad experience yet. Chris has the best turnaround time and his communication is excellent. Andrew was very reasonable as well.

I have purchased items from K's Arcade and got what I ordered, so no complaints from me.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

This is so ridiculous. I would be super pissed. How can someone do this. I consider this theft.

I was really pissed, went back and forth with him via email (so I had records) for a period of time.
    It was my first pin and honestly, when I got the 11a and the pin worked, it was less of a priority.
    Only reason I even tried the board was I wanted the 11a out of the high speed to put in the cyclone I just bought because the 11b was messed up in it. So I put the 11 back in and this is how the issue came about.

I even suggested I get another non working system 11 board with no battery damage and he could fix that to make us even.
    I got pics of a board for sale, it had no damage, I sent him the pics and here was his reply (this is a quote from an email)
    "I would not be interested in this. It would be a waste of my time and your money."

At this point I guess I just have to relish in the fact that each time someone mentions him, I can voice my opinion.

After reading other issues people have had with him here, clearly once something leaves his shop if he says it's good, it's good regardless. And we the dummies messed it up and he has no fault.

#20 4 years ago

I still stand by Jerry Clause in Michigan. His prices are very reasonable, the communication is exemplary, the work is timely and the results are consistent.
    I see no reason to take my boards anywhere else. Give him a try; you won't be disappointed.

Gameroom Service

Jerry Clause
    54230 Bradshaw
    New Baltimore, MI 48047

dragster_73@hotmail.com
    586-725-8032

Note: Send him an email first to explain your board issue. Do Not just pack up and send him all your boards!

#21 4 years ago

Can we list a few guys to send board repairs to? I will start with this person.

Gameroom Service
    Jerry Clause
    54230 Bradshaw
    New Baltimore, MI 48047
    dragster_73@hotmail.com
    586-725-8032

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.50
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside