b para8 (resized).jpg
b para7 (resized).jpg
b para6 (resized).jpg
b para5 (resized).jpg
b para4 (resized).jpg
b para3 (resized).jpg
b para2 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

This beauty belongs to Glen Poole and the pf has a funny history. This pf was used as attic floor boards for a house in chicago, when I got it long ago. I sold it un restored, and after a couple more flips it came back to me to get finished. The guy who used them as floor boards worked at the plant that screened them, and this pf had no laquer finish, it was bare paint. I was not thinking and wiped it down with a damp rag and wiped off the yellow paint of the mountains at the top left side. There were plenty of dings, the inserts all had to be pulled and re glued, leveled and painted. The back was sanded and painted. Some insert key lines had to be thickened because the art was not lined up with the actual inserts, leaving a big crescent moon between the insert and the black key line.
No overlays or stickers. Just a lot of time with little brushes.
The before pics are after I set the inserts and put down a coat of clear, and sanded to see where I was at.

b para 1 (resized).jpgb para 1 (resized).jpgb para2 (resized).jpgb para2 (resized).jpgb para3 (resized).jpgb para3 (resized).jpgb para4 (resized).jpgb para4 (resized).jpgb para5 (resized).jpgb para5 (resized).jpgb para6 (resized).jpgb para6 (resized).jpgb para7 (resized).jpgb para7 (resized).jpgb para8 (resized).jpgb para8 (resized).jpgb para9 (resized).jpgb para9 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Here are some after pics. ready to install.

As always I want to thank the people who support me both thru work, and fraternally.

a para 12 (resized).JPGa para 12 (resized).JPGa para1 (resized).JPGa para1 (resized).JPGa para10 (resized).JPGa para10 (resized).JPGa para11 (resized).JPGa para11 (resized).JPGa para2 (resized).JPGa para2 (resized).JPGa para3 (resized).JPGa para3 (resized).JPGa para8 (resized).JPGa para8 (resized).JPGa para9 (resized).JPGa para9 (resized).JPG
#3 5 years ago

As always, beautiful work, Ron!

#4 5 years ago

Awesome work!

Quick question, as I usually try to touch up my stuff myself; what do you have to match the colors? That's the tricky part for me.

#5 5 years ago

That is stunning from floor boards to mint . Awesome job .

#6 5 years ago

Amazing!

#7 5 years ago

Breathtaking!! I've had the pleasure of playing on one of your Paragon playfields at Pete's house here on the island.

#8 5 years ago

Awesome!

#9 5 years ago

That is insane, absolutely stunning work Ron!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Awesome work!
Quick question, as I usually try to touch up my stuff myself; what do you have to match the colors? That's the tricky part for me.

Matching colors is an art of its own, and sometimes it takes me 2 hours to match a color. I have over 1200 bottles of different colors of paint.
He is something to think about. if you cant match the color, dont touch up. paint that entire area of that color. I never do touch up. I always repaint the whole area of that color.

You really cant match the colors because most of them are made by layers of color which make a texture that cant be matched with paint. Plus they are ink. do your best and paint that entire color in that area

#11 5 years ago

Fantastic work as always Ron!!!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

He is something to think about. if you cant match the color, dont touch up. paint that entire area of that color. I never do touch up. I always repaint the whole area of that color.

sage advice!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Matching colors is an art of its own, and sometimes it takes me 2 hours to match a color. I have over 1200 bottles of different colors of paint.
You really cant match the colors because most of them are made by layers of color which make a texture that cant be matched with paint. Plus they are ink. do your best and paint that entire color in that area

Thanks for the wise feedback

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-pf-restored-paragon-before-and-aft-pics?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.