Topic Stats

• 4,565 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I can see some wax on the pf around a 1/2 in hole in the last pics that show the dowell work. that will get wiped off. here is a pic why I used to dislike this game. I hated the art. hated it. Once I played the game, I realized its one of the best in that era for sure. Mine was so beat up it was hard to love, since I dont enjoy owning player games.
[quoted image]

I'm with you on the art. My 12 year old daughter is sitting next to me and she's curious about what's happening with this guy's nipple.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

The chick to the left of him getting his nips bit off is creepy also. her eyes stare. she is judging, I can tell

It bugs me that one of her hands is orange. And there’s a ring on her finger? Like her robe has a built in glove for one hand? That’s not even a thing, lazy art

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think it's that the dress is supposed to have a semi-sheer, wrap around cloak type deal that's over her arms. Does look odd though.

Oh I see it now... funny almost 30 years and I never knew it

4 months later
#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

definitely. I get depressed if I am not working, or being productive. I love to read, but its so hard for me to justify the time to read for pleasure like fiction. Often I will read psychology, self help, spiritual books, so I dont feel guilty since I am working on being better.

Interesting I am the same way. I have lots of hobbies (pinball, reef aquariums, jazz piano, etc) because I have to constantly be doing something.

1 month later
#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I also got to pic this up from Ron yesterday!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great congrats

#1811 2 years ago

I vote original. The plain inserts are part of the classic Bally look.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Now I remember why I dont do restorations any more. It takes me forever. here is some pics of the stuff that needs to be painted, plus all of the insert key lines need to be painted (thats a given from the hairline cracks). Today is my third day painting, and it should be done. Hopefully the decal Daane made for me looks good. Turns out all of the wood color has to be triple coated. Last night I quit while trying to match the green. On this individual pf the green didnt screen very well and you can see the white under it, so I may have to paint all of the green in that lane to make it look right
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The enemy of good is better.

#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

A good customer/friend is looking for a nos granny and the gators, or possibly one that can be restored fairly easy. Figured this would be a good place to start networking.

I've had really good results posting in the "looking for playfields thread", might have some folks there that don't check this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen

2 weeks later
#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Exactly this. Folded over cardboard from as thin as a matchbook to as thick as will fit, as the situation requires.
And always pulling down from the top of the PF to the bottom when removing material...to keep from getting chips in that clear.

Emery cloth or "plumbers cloth" is handy for this too. It's really tough and doesn't tear up like regular sandpaper. Works well with dowels for holes.

1 week later
#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The peaks and valleys are too shallow of a range to affect ball travel. A way to verify it is to have the playfield flat and roll the ball at a speed of 1 inch/second, and see if the ball gets trapped in the valleys like a bowling ball rolling in the gutter lane. But it sounds like he's getting it re-cleared anyways.

Ha, how do you know if you’re rolling the ball at a speed of 1 inch/second?? If I get a playfield that looks like that crap it is getting cleared and sanded flat no matter what the ball does at any speed. Makes no sense to have it out and not address it.

#1970 2 years ago

It's a very common thing, even some of Kruzman's photos have them, and I can assure the ball does not get locked into those grooves. It's not even a a bad thing. You may be able to barely feel them with your fingernail, but that's not the correct way to "feel" how the ball would react. There is more contact surface between the ball and the playfield than a fingernail. Rather, try using the blunt tip of your finger and run it across the playfield, I bet you won't be able to feel any of those grooves.

Hmm interesting, I’ve never noticed this on a polished out playfield. I see ripple in the reflection on the zoomed out SI, it does not look glassy like Ron’s. Just looks unfinished to me. pinster68 let’s see a macro shot of the paragon?

#1972 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/9#post-5799659
First photo, bottom left glare right above the shooter lane. I'm assuming kruzman clearcoated that? I think this rippling effect shows up after a playfield is months fully cured . Not sure what it's due to... wood contracting and expanding underneath during the seasons?
[quoted image]

Definitely can see that. That looks NOS to me, I wonder if that is before he worked it?

Here’s another unfinished NOS Bally with these..

809AC811-86AF-481C-B2A4-3D455D8EC38F.jpeg809AC811-86AF-481C-B2A4-3D455D8EC38F.jpeg

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from TommyG1:

What does “vault” or “vaulted” mean in pinball context?

It's when Stern makes a new run of a machine that has been previously retired from active production. May have various modifications that make it different than the original.

#2025 1 year ago

Summary of Ron’s last five posts:

1) Wax
2) Wax
3) Wax
4) Nuclear armageddon, death
5) Playfield updates

Have a good weekend!

5 months later
#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This NOS DR who was quite a bit of work for a nos, but now that they are 30-40 years old the NOS pfs are almost a resto job. Every nos that comes in now, I check the bottom and top edges for the laminate separating, and glue and clamp if necessary. I painted all of the inserts, and the arrow at the top l and the far bottom center hot dog insert had to be pulled and releveled, and then decaled.
The mini pf had to be cut out before I started because cutting it out after the clear would have left some crappy edges on both pfs.
The mini got hung up in the paint area, and I havent painted in a month, so its going to be a month on that, but this main pf is ready for installation.
It is not easy clearing a black pf like this. when you have 8 coats, you have 8 chances to screw up and burry a dustie or an issue, everything shows because the clear is a magnifier. Since its so perfectly flat and clear any imperfection looks like garbage
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a beauty

2 months later
#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Since I am a male of 55 years, and college, I think its safe to assume I watched caddy shack at least 50 times in my life. Probably many more. Now that I think of it, thats where I got the ditch digger theme. I got it from caddy shack. not my grandpa.
I am a horrible golfer, and I know that movie word for word.
Things I have held as gospel.... no dummy! you picked it up from caddy shack.
I walk around alone singing under my breath, "I was born to lick your face"

You’ll get nothing and like it

1 month later
#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Back before the cops raided the compound in 08, most of my furniture was herman miller, heywood wakefield, and steelcase. In 1970 there were over 30,000 furniture makers in west mich, now less than 3000 total employees. I forget why I am talking about it. Oh plywood.

Isn’t that sad? People rather overpay for particle board trash with a faux wood vinyl wrap that gets shipped across the globe instead. When I was in school in the 90s I took wood shop and I still build a lot of our furniture today, now classes like that aren’t even offered here. Oh well at least kids know how to tick tock their facebox and download japanimu or whatever.

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

today is the first day it is dry enough to open the big door and sand out side. I took a couple progress shots. On the tron, its a nerve wracking job to sand because if I hit the ink its done. there is no touching up that kind of art/pf. I took some pics of when I have the light outside I can see the reflection of the low spots in the pf. Either the texture of the wood, or the height of several layers of ink. Its so important to get it all. This is just da sanding. I will do hand sanding after, since I can do it in or outside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhh nice Tron

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Getting closer to getting the Kruzmanified WCS up and running soon. Just have ramps left to clean up and install. Debating getting new ones, we'll just see how bad my current ones look when I can peel the filthy decals off and clean them up. Can't wait! (Forgive the dank images).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So clean!

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So every girlfriend/wife I have ever lived with is cold at all times (a lot had to do with the way they dressed, some just wanted to whine) and always complaining that its too cold in the house.
So when I see these healthy young women hanging around in the cold vacuum of space, wearing just a thong... I gotta call BS!

No helmet… in space… sorry bro those are corpses

1 week later
#2897 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Warm Kitty is a Happy Kitty.

D87A153C-31A9-4E39-91B1-8F4923CED307.gifD87A153C-31A9-4E39-91B1-8F4923CED307.gif

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Power came on at 10 ish this morning. Its 2 and I am still not to work yet.
I got a late b day present from a friend who lives in hawaii. I love that coffee so much. The beans are small and look crappy, but its the best. called peaberry.
pics are thru the windows
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My kids got a kick out of these pictures… they’ve never seen snow.

5 months later
#3403 8 months ago

The prices of everything is ridiculous. I have five kids you should see our grocery bill these days.

#3408 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

5 kids!! are you starting a cult over there!!

No I just have fun making them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=radium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.