Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

None of those PFs are mine, but tell me about the Marantz receivers!

That's quite the pile of gear!

1 month later
#657 3 years ago

Beautiful.

#671 3 years ago

That's not cold -

The water is open.

You know it is properly cold when you have to break the ice to take a bath.

2 weeks later
#707 3 years ago

Sweet. Love some FT!

#715 3 years ago

Daaaaaamn - That FT!

2 weeks later
#730 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got done using a loader to move the snow so I can get to my studio. There is a travel advisory here for the next 7+ days!!!!!

Heh - Yup. Snow finally arrived in the valleys, out here. Spent 2 hours this AM shoveling.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have 2 paragon repros here right now. I am waiting for them to dry, cure. They look pretty darn good. That is one title I would suggest the repro if money is a factor. Its an expensive nos pf to do. Many many inserts that all need to be painted, plus the usual issues of pfs from that era, make it expensive.

I would LOVE to find a NOS Paragon.

2 months later
#990 2 years ago

Oh, man...Elvira looks AMAZING!

4 weeks later
#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Many many years ago one of my own in-progress-pics ended up on another clearcoater's web site to show" Kruzmans crappy work" compared to theirs

I poured over my Elvira and the Party Monsters this weekend. I can't tell you how impressed I am with it. My CPR Gold Skateball looks downright crappy in comparison!

Those people can suck a dick...your work is fucking amazing.

1 month later
#1151 2 years ago

That Paragon. OMG.

8 months later
#1863 2 years ago

A Kruzman NOS Paragon is a Dream PF for anyone. Can't wait to see it.

1 week later
#1894 2 years ago

That kit came in super handy when I did my Skateball Swap, Ron.
In addition to the above, I also used 220 Grit paper cut into strips and folded over thin carboard to get that last bit of clear out of the way in each star.
PITA, but eventually got them working smoothly. Just takes time and dogged determination to get there without destroying the insert or clear.

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

GREAT IDEA on the cutting 220 in to strips. so like 3/4 an inch wide? are you able to pull it thru the bottom, and use one hand above the pf and one below?

Exactly this. Folded over cardboard from as thin as a matchbook to as thick as will fit, as the situation requires.

And always pulling down from the top of the PF to the bottom when removing material...to keep from getting chips in that clear.

#1913 2 years ago

Here's a tip for the frst time swappers who aren't down for a full set of new lamps / rewire. I did this on my Skateball and it worked too well not to share.

Assuming a working machine as your staring point:
Remove and Label all Coils from the mechs.
Remove the Switches from the mechs, too and then Remove Mechs for rebuild and to locate and mark on the new PF..
Remove the main solder points for the Lighting GI/Control (Pops too) and Label them.
Remove all Harness Anchors and remove all Braid Staples.

Once everything is ready to lift free from the back of the PF. Take a section of Wire Fencing (I use 2" x 4" Box Fencing) and cut it to the size of a PF.

Lay the Fencing over the top of the wiring, pull the coils through the fencing (to keep the weight off the harness) and Zip / Twist Tie the ever loving shit outta the entire harness. You really can't use too many ties on your first go around. You can also pull switches through as needed to keep things clean.

Lift and transfer to the new PF. Locate all of your lamps and anchor points and land them right through the fencing. Clip the ties off as you go.

Real easy way to overcome the intimidation factor that comes with removing the entire harness / replacing all of the braid and lamps.

As for cleaning the harness. I usually do it on the old machine before I do the transfer. Just clip 3-4 Zip ties at a time and clean with rags then re-zip and move to the next section.

1 week later
#2001 2 years ago

Looking for a Harlem Globetrotters if you know where one is hiding, bro.

#2004 2 years ago

...well. Damn.

1 week later
#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don’t care for the game

Blasphemy!

4 weeks later
#2118 1 year ago

I know it is probably burried somewhere in the thread, Ron...

but. How long would you suggest a guy wait before installing a new CPR PF? Just got my hands on one of the latest batch of HGT and I don't want to jump the gun.

Thanks yo.

7 months later
#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have a friend in town, mike schudel, who has a rivet press and the dies and all of that stuff, if you get a ramp set that is only the plastic. Some games like the first elviria require so many rivets in the plastic set.

Tell me about it!

Finally doing my EatPM swap, right now. So many holes to prep and drill, today.

#2676 1 year ago

"Only Ron can 'Touch Me There' "

- Shit Elvira Said, Vol I.

IMG_20230122_232114655_PORTRAIT (resized).jpgIMG_20230122_232114655_PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#2746 1 year ago

Dying to slip this girl back in her cabinet, still waiting on a switch and a couple nyliners to be 100% finished.

But, damn.

Look at that clear.

IMG_20230129_194640123_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_194640123_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_194711065 (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_194711065 (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_194726311 (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_194726311 (resized).jpg
#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Do you think you would ever sell this EATPM? or can you say absolutely never. (even though we realize the word never is just hot air. You can never say never and it mean never)

Doubtful...but hard to say Never with these things. She's one of my first pinball loves, and my 4th swap. First System 11. And yeah...ramps add many levels of difficulty. On / Off, rinse and repeat.

Plans are to get the cabinet re-done this Spring/Summer. This one was bought as a player, but showed up as a basket case. Coin-Op Cauldron rebuilt the board set, I got it running and some guy in Michigan did the Clear Coat!

I can't wait to see how it plays...but, yeah. Should be lightning in a box.

Again. Thanks so much for your work on this one. Hopefully you will be doing a couple more PFs for me in the near future. Got a Screened FT set and a NOS BTTF that need the Ron Treatment.

#2754 1 year ago

Forgot to add:

After 4 Swaps, I can say that installing a PF without your Install Kit is NOT the way to go. Those bits make drilling clearcoat a LOT less sketchy.

I use them both by hand and in my drill (rather than the Dremmel), as the drill has a tighter tolerance and no threat of skipping/hopping.

#2766 1 year ago

Yep Ron.

I have been using a brand new manilla envelope on each PF swap.
One side I keep whole and use as my home base while I do a section of PF. A place to put things down, like bits, small rags etc.
The other side I cut into squares of asst'd sizes and I punch a hole in the center of each one. Then I set them up over a series of holes and slowly work through them and move on to the next batch. Keeps me from getting spastic by trying to do too many at once.

Another good thing I learned was that a tiny bit of Vaseline or grease will keep that syringe cover from gluing itself shut. If you store the syringe vertically and manage to keep yourself from welding the cap to the syringe, you can get a good 2-3 days out of each needlesful of Ron's Juice.

#2773 1 year ago

I go Raw Dog on all my PFs.

No matter how beautiful they each are, they are there to be played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.