Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Thanks guys. I’m debating if I want to do the swap myself. I’ve never done one. I don’t want to mess it up!

Take lots of pix, go slow... the biggest thing that helped me on my first and every swap thereafter was to mark the ground braid with a marker... make sure you cover every path. That way when you slide everything over it all makes sense... photos still help so take tons, at different angles... I think I took about 100 before I started disassembling.

Go for it!!!

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Just to clarify, do you mean trace the ground braid on the old playfield?

yep!

1 year later
#1994 2 years ago

Have you ever thought of having a hot brand made with the Kruzman logo instead of a sticker? stickers come off, the brand stays forever. Maybe too expensive, but just a thought.

7 months later
#2544 1 year ago

Looks like white oak, some of the best burning wood around. It's awesome that that tree didn't go to waste.

1 week later
#2558 1 year ago

Beautiful work Ron. Simply the best!

1 week later
#2566 1 year ago

Man Ron, that sucks. I wish I could have given you more info on the provenance of the KISS PF but I just didn't get that info when I acquired it. So glad you're making progress, albeit slower than you'd like.

1 month later
#2642 1 year ago

Ron, you are an amazing artist and craftsman. I hope everyone out there in pin-land recognize the outstanding service you provide and your drive for molding your product offerings at the best quality possible. Love this thread, and at least for me personally enjoy your mellow rants. I've learned a lot from them, so don't stop now!

2 weeks later
#2785 1 year ago

My 2 cents says you definitely should offer; I'd buy a bunch of sheets. I too looked for these a few years back prior to installing a playfield protector and had no luck tracking down a seller of this product.

2 weeks later
#2877 1 year ago

Ron, do you have some type of logo? I have a lead on perhaps getting a small hot branding iron with your personalized logo/brand so you could emblazen your mark on the underside of the playfield... just a thought. I could potentially cover the cost as well, if it isn't exorbitant.

1 week later
#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have not, but i restored a Black Hole, and a cleared pf and rebuilt coil assemblies made that game play as fast as a regular size pf, but on the wide scale. It was a brutal game and I loved it. Its gone, but I bought another to restore from a friend up in holland. Hopefully I will get the time and focus to get to it.
I want to express my anxiety and anger when I used a hammer to set t nuts when my pf was on the roticery. What a stupid move I made. Its so much better to have the pf on the bench with a chunk of 2x4 under the spot where you are going to hit to absorb the energy, rather than it going to the places where the pf was clamped on to the roticery.
I forgot which pf it was, but a couple weeks ago I set some t nuts with the dremmil to remove the clear and my thumb. I may have a strong/hard thumb or the wood may have been soft.
I dont know if anyone would try, but never never think you can set a t nut with a hammer alone. I am pretty sure I did it once in the past. It cant be done without damage.

I use a ball peen hammer and just enough to get it set, no more, unless of course the screw is too short.

1 week later
#2936 1 year ago

PM Sent

1 week later
#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

so I got done block sanding this kiss pf, and it was ready to polish and be done, when I noticed the back was not dimpled. the front has what I thought were dimples, but they are actually the holes that go all the way thru. the front only needed about 45-50 dimples, but the back needed a good 140.
So I drilled the dimples, going thru 6 coats, and none lifted, or got a halo or had any issues.
I still have to use the install kit to inject something in them to seal them, because when I polish I cool with water, and the water would quickly go in those holes and get absorbed, causing the spot to swell up, and look like crap.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks phenomenal Ron, can't wait to install this in my game.

3 weeks later
#3019 1 year ago

Just want to take a minute to provide a big shoutout and many kudos to Ron and his expert clearcoat service executed on my Illinois Pinball KISS reproduction playfield. The work on this field is just ridiculously awesome in every way. Perfect smooth as glass surface, perfectly dimpling, perfect everything. My son and I were flabergasted at how superb this thing looks... our first glance view of the surface under light was by itself well worth the price of the service. If you've never quite had the gumption to pull the trigger on a Ron Kruzman work of art you are sorely missing. We are blessed to have Ron provide this service to the pinball community; I'll be sending you more work in the very near future.

Once I finish up a few games for Pinfest, I'll begin work on the KISS P/F swap and will post pix once that work is complete. Thanks again for a job incredibly well done.

Don O

2 weeks later
#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So if you are not going to PATZ this weekend, it is Record Store day all across the country.

Phenomenal!

5 months later
#3688 6 months ago

I have finally begun my Kruzman-graced IPB KISS playfield swap. This first step is the most tedious IMO... I enlarged the holes a bit to help ease the fin shank screws into place... several taps each and I'll pull them in from the back side. More photos to come as things move into place.

Ron, I am amazed at the clear quality and uniformity of application. Just beautiful.

kpop1 (resized).jpgkpop1 (resized).jpgkpop2 (resized).jpgkpop2 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3798 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I sand to 3000, and I buff with 6 different pads, wool and foam, as well 5 compounds and polishes

That is why you are the best in the business. Ron u kick ass.

1 week later
#3865 5 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:I really want to buy this MISS WORLD backglass from mike pacek, because I have the pf for that Kiss re-theme, but I know dam well I would never get the project done.
So if someone wants to do a MISS WORLD here is a link to the BG
ebay.com link: itm
I havent listed my pf for sale because I have wanted this game forever. its got some great artwork, and is sexy as hell, and its a collector game for sure. My pf needs some work, plus it was made in like 83, but I have one[quoted image]

Hi Ron, can you share a few pix of the PF? Would love to see the artwork. Thanks!

3 months later
#4358 50 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

exactly. You really have to make an effort to better your self, but its effort well spent. I dont get to do much games my self, but I feel such a part of the projects going on. Yesterday I saw my name was mentioned on a post about a quicksilver on face book. The game looked awesome, and it was nestled between 2 beautiful DMD games. The owned motioned that I did the pf, and it totally made my day! I cant overstate how much I rely on being a part of what is going on here.

Every day I'm getting closer to getting my RK-cleared KISS playfield repopulated, and will post some pix soon. It's an Illinois Pinball PF, so it definitely has had a LOT of challenges, so the little time I do have to work on it is a blessing for me. Point is, every day that I do get closer to done, I'm reminded that it's a Ron Kruzman playfield, and it makes me smile... it also reminds me to take my time, and continue to use the Kruzman kit to ensure longevity and no cracks for many years to come.

Will be posting pix as I get this game closer to done, and hopefully ready for PINFEST 2024!!!

#4360 50 days ago

Every day I get a bit closer to having my RK-cleared KISS playfield fully repopulated. It's an Illinois Pinball PF, so it definitely has had its fair share of challenges. The little time I do have to work on it is a blessing for me. Point is, every day I'm getting closer to done. I'm also reminded that it's a Ron Kruzman playfield, and it makes me smile... it also reminds me to take my time, and continue to use the Kruzman kit to ensure longevity and no cracks for many years to come.

Will be posting pix as I get this game closer to done, and hopefully ready for PINFEST 2024!!!

#4390 47 days ago

Sneak peak at a Kruzman-cleared Illinois Pinball KISS PF... all PF top pilot holes prepared with the Kruzman kit. Interesting that the bottom side required redrilling over a dozen holes as the pilots were mis-positioned. Top side required no re-drills on misaligned holes; I did have to drill missing spinner post holes, no biggie. Still blown away with the quality of this clear, simply stunning!

IMG_6880 (resized).jpgIMG_6880 (resized).jpgIMG_6881 (resized).jpgIMG_6881 (resized).jpgIMG_6883 (resized).jpgIMG_6883 (resized).jpgIMG_6884 (resized).jpgIMG_6884 (resized).jpgIMG_6885 (resized).jpgIMG_6885 (resized).jpgIMG_6886 (resized).jpgIMG_6886 (resized).jpgIMG_6887 (resized).jpgIMG_6887 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4475 23 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I got another box of that 3 mil removable, invisible mylar that I have been pushing for years. works great for places that get wear but you dont want it seen like on stern games in the shooter lane where the ball comes out. That wears in 100 plays. It comes in 8x11 sheets and you can cut custom pieces. I need to make an arch mylar for me flight 2k with my pf in it.
I am going to be selling that Flight 2k soon. It has a cpr pf done by me installed, with everything on top of the pf replaced with new, Plus LED thru ought the whole game. Has a new MPU made by.....altec? pretty sure its altec. Plays 100% Tommy even helped tune it.
Cab is not restored. Its fine but if it was restored it would be worth another grand. The backglass is a BGR. I have wanted a better one, but it plays so well, its hard to justify the cost price is 3000. which is still less than I have in to it, but flight 2k is a hard game, so you will never get sick of it. its very hard to get the multi ball. with the clear coat making it faster, those ball spinners spin fast! Game is set up here in galesburg which is 3 miles off the 94 between kzoo and battle creek.

Hey Ron, could you provide a link or details to which 3 mil. mylar you recommend?

Quoted from Williampinball:

As for the glue what I use for inserts is a glue that’s used for flooring it’s the same they used for PFs with heat too pull them out when needed

And that glue is??? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.