Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 4 years ago

I can't speak highly enough of the work Ron does. I have a MB pf from IPB that he clearcoated. This was done in 2015/2016. It currently has over 500 plays on it, and not a hint of dimpling.

I did not put mylar in the high traffic areas (pop bumpers and shooter lane landing area). They are still absolutely perfect, except for the dirt that I need to clean off. Here are some pics:

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg

The only area I put down mylar was in the ball drop areas at the inlanes.

The materials and process that Kruzman is using have yielded amazing results. Please keep up the good work!

I just got a EATPM pf back from Ron, and dropped off my Diner pf for the same great treatment.

2 months later
#139 4 years ago

I just finished installing the new EATPM pf that Ron clearcoated. It looks amazing.

In this picture, you can clearly see the reflection of the backglass in the pf. This is without the glass on, just to give an idea of how nice the pf came out.

Great work Ron! Thanks!

1748C8C3-E55D-442C-A547-EF49AD1A5315 (resized).jpeg1748C8C3-E55D-442C-A547-EF49AD1A5315 (resized).jpeg

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

wow that elviria is so beautiful!! the resto looks awesome, with the lock down receiver, and new decals. Maybe some day if you need a roof or lawyers, you can sell it to me. (lets hope not)

Gotta get the apron re-powdercoated and new decals applied. Then, it’s ready to play.

When you’re ready to buy it let me know

2 months later
#192 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

so I started working on a quicksilver repro pf, and I saw something that always makes me giggle like a little girl. It makes me think about how its so common to show nude womens' brestesis, but rarely the male member. This reminds me of every time I got a chance to deface someones text book cover, back in elementary school [quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Ron-

For the QS playfield, there is a 1/2" hole missing at the bottom on the repro's. In case you haven't already discovered the issue, I've detailed it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-quicksilver-itch-from-scratch/page/2#post-5428701

I'd hate to have you clear the pf, and then have to cut a hole in your beautiful work.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just read thru the entire thread on this quick silver install documentation. Since you have done a couple of them, you are getting so good at documenting the work. Since you are doing it to the highest standard, it leaves room for folks to pick and choose, but man, talk about helpful. This will be a great template for someone who is going to do one, (and it sounds like you have a bunch of people who are going to)
I highly recommend reading this thread as it progresses to start digesting the info if you are a soon to be beginner or amateur (as for installations I am right there in the middle of the two, leaning toward beginner. Unfortunately I need to work 6 days a week at my jobie job to make the bills so I dint have much time to expand my self in these opportunities. But life is long).

Well, I may be in contact with you soon about a QS pf anyways. As Tommy eluded too, the clear is soft. Just rolling a ball on it leaves scratches. I'm work to get it replaced, but timing is going to be tight.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Hey Ron-
For the QS playfield, there is a 1/2" hole missing at the bottom on the repro's. In case you haven't already discovered the issue, I've detailed it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-quicksilver-itch-from-scratch/page/2#post-5428701
I'd hate to have you clear the pf, and then have to cut a hole in your beautiful work.

Check the vintage of the repro playfield too. It looks like this issue has been addressed in the latest pfs, along with the keylining around the star rollovers.

1 month later
#245 4 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Well the gray oil paint on the back finally hardened, and I got some pics of the complete Frontier. The before pics are on page 4 of this thread if you want to go back to compare. It is nos, and dimpled, but it was stored upside down on cement, so the top 10 inches had paint flaking off. All of the inserts got glued and painted, and there was a good gouge on the upper right side that went thru the eagle wing, thru the red, yellow, blue, thru the guys arm, and all the way down the the grass that turns in to fur. I am really happy with the way it came out because it is difficult for me to paint chaos, like where the grass turns to fur.
Since I had to do a lot of paint work, (match colors) and glue, I didnt want to spend any more of the customers money than necessary. So the top apron only got one coat of off white, and the white area on the right side, middle has a scratch I left since its going under the plastics. Its not a huge money game, and even though i doubt the owner would ever sell the game, you have to draw the line somewhere.
My coats of clear are very thin (half of what they used to be) and since this pf is older I did 4 extra coats than normal to level it out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That looks amazing. Nice job Ron!

10 months later
#709 3 years ago

I finished swapping my cpr KISS pf this past weekend. Ron had cleared it this summer, and I finally picked it up in late fall, and started the swap over the holidays.

This plays so fast and looks fantastic. Great job as always Ron.

If only we could have PATZ this year, others might get to enjoy it too.

AC6562BE-18EF-4BB1-AD8E-830092A3789F (resized).jpegAC6562BE-18EF-4BB1-AD8E-830092A3789F (resized).jpeg7C0949AE-94A9-4AD5-8A09-F198142F1B4C (resized).jpeg7C0949AE-94A9-4AD5-8A09-F198142F1B4C (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#733 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got a letter from a customer that a Bally rolling stones is heading my way from cpr.

Damn! Someone beat me to it. But I’m going to have mine shipped to my house, as it will come with backglass and plastics.

Plus, I like to hand deliver it so I can see all the other pfs you’re working on.

8 months later
#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I was walking by to shoot the bk2k and noticed the light hitting the surface of this repro pf. I have not worked on it yet. this is how it came
[quoted image]

Oooof. That's going to take some work. That reflection is not pretty. I can't wait to see the "after" reflection.

4 weeks later
#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

One at a time, you can do it just by hooking up to the different inputs on the sub. For both at the same time, I’d go with this to keep the machine’s amps separated: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
If there is never a chance of having more than two pins, the Polk subs normally have a Black Friday deal someplace for $75 or less, so you could buy a second for the cost of the mixer.

I'm going to disagree with this.

The PSW10 has two sets of inputs. You can hook two machines to it, and have them both on at the same time. I currently have this set up (have 4 of the psw10's). The sub handles both of them just fine.

Now, if you're an audiophile, you might notice a little muddiness. But if you're an audiophile, you're probably not going to care about sound from a pinball machine anyways.

3 weeks later
#1640 2 years ago

You should invest in a portable sawmill. Then you can just cut trees down on the property and use the lumber for crates. Or, use those massive logs by the road--those things are as tall as me!

3 months later
#1812 2 years ago

Original inserts look best.

The starbursts look out of place....kinda like putting a big arcade style button for the credit button on a classic Bally coin door (like Haggis). It just doesn't look right.

2 weeks later
#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So friday, I knew I had to close early at 4. there was a customer coming down from canada to pick up 2 jobs, and i was going to a bar (to see a band) with a woman I used to work for 20 years ago who is super cool. So I wanted to do something I could finish and something that was rewarding after the day before's debachel. So rather than re-doing a pf that I all ready finished, I decided to polish out DJBlowes cpr, bally stones. It was the one that had the wood grain pop up so bad I had to sand the first coat with green mesh scratchey. I have to get the gloss down in the little valley's but if I used the sander I would have sanded off the top of the grain mountains. After I got it sanded down in all the valley's, I used a coat of clear to fill them, and then I hit it with the DA sanded and level the surface out.
Then the rotten star roll overs were 60% full of clear that was over a year old.
A couple months later, I let the last coat fully cure before sanding, and I let it sit a couple extra weeks and in that time the inserts moved around enough that they were sticking out. so rather than sanding it level and polishing it out, I checked with Daane, and I sanded it down and level and then laid 2 more coats. I waited another 4-6 weeks and the inserts didnt move and it was still flat, so I knew I was good. I didnt charge for the extra coats, but I had to for the time on those star roll overs. its easy to spend 3o-40 minutes on one.
I know it sucks to wait, but what I described about the inserts happens all of the time, and most of the time, if its fully cured and I level and spray 2 coats, then block sand and polish, we now have a finish that is going to stay like it is. wood tends to move a lot, especially when it is not installed, because its getting all kinds of different temps and humidities. once they are in the game and in position I notice they dont change much at all. This is one of the several reasons that if i clear one of my pfs that is for sale, its best to hold off on the last 2 coats until it gets sold. also I dont have to worry about it getting knocked over by a pooly trained 100 lb pit bull, while in storage here.
I got the pf cleaned, and I will take some pics today

Wow, I can’t wait to install this. It’s going to be so beautiful. Feel free to display it at PATZ if you’d like. Just don’t sell it!

And I’m happy to pay the extra for the cleaning of the Star rollovers. I still don’t know why CPR can’t find a way to not coat those with clear. It’s seems like such a simple fix.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

coffee break. here are the bally rolling stones complete pics.
The spring sun is right above now rather than being far off, so I cant get the tree reflection as much any more.
When customers come to visit or pick up jobs the nice ones bring a gift. most of the time it good local meat, but this time local honey from canada!!! Its no secret that I have a mouth full of sweet toothes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DAMN! That looks sweet.

1 week later
#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Who is going to Pin at the zoo this year. I usually go out for tacos after the show at a place by the compound. I am exactly 11 miles to the parking lot of the show.
If you are coming,, are you bringing a game? for sale?
Does anyone have any pfs they want to bring to sell to me? any sisters? ha.

Going to PATZ Fri & Sat. Going to bring Nine Ball, Hotdoggin, Kings of Steel, and 1934 Rockola Jigsaw. Will have one more in the trailer, but it's not mine, so not sure what game it is yet.

I just have junky pf's that have been pulled to put in a masterpiece that you worked on. As far as sisters, no, but how about a sister-in-law. But she's pregnant, so probably not what youre looking for...haha

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Hum...how about you post your prices like your crashed my PATZ post

for the sister-in-law!? Dude, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Seriously--just letting Ron know what I'm bringing, since he asked. And prices will be marked at the show.

No hard feelings.

3 months later
#2277 1 year ago

Here’s a couple of shots of a Bally Rolling Stones (which was shown earlier in this thread with all the “record grooves” in it) in progress of getting built back up.

Ron did his magic on it to get the playing surface smooth. It’s sooooo flat now.

Also shown are the custom color purple rails that will match the apron. Yes, they’ve been clearcoated.

69F1C7F3-22D8-4037-91FB-943A9D8FF7CA (resized).jpeg69F1C7F3-22D8-4037-91FB-943A9D8FF7CA (resized).jpeg

25CC2AC1-CA09-40E5-A380-81C8377428BC (resized).jpeg25CC2AC1-CA09-40E5-A380-81C8377428BC (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

This 9 ball and quicksilver are the most popular titles to go thru my studio in the last year. Both amazing games. Mirco was smart to do the best classic sterns.
If this or the space shuttle are your pfs please get a hold of me and I will get an invoice out, and get them home to ya.
Thanks to everyone who supports me and makes it possible for me to do this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The owner of that Nine Ball is lucky. That thing is going to be screaming fast, on an already fast game. Nice work Ron.

4 months later
#2649 1 year ago

Finally finishing up my Bally Rolling Stones.
Ron did an amazing job on this pf, saving it from the record grooves that it came with.

I’ve been working on this game for almost 2 years, between other projects. I’ve redone the cabinet too, with new stencils, and clear coated it. You can’t go half-assed on the cab when you’re putting in a piece of art playfield.

B4225DC4-3616-4BE5-AE4F-9CD7F733C7B6 (resized).jpegB4225DC4-3616-4BE5-AE4F-9CD7F733C7B6 (resized).jpeg
31804747-7399-4773-8331-6D0BF302FD86 (resized).jpeg31804747-7399-4773-8331-6D0BF302FD86 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#3032 1 year ago

I’m bringing a Stones ('80) that has a Kruzman pf in it to PATZ this year.

Pics of before & after were posted in this thread.

Make sure you stop by, play a game, and admire the glass like surface on the pf.

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Fantastic. If it inspires you, I have one that I finished the clear coat, for sale right now. its a cpr repro of course, but I have a NOS available too.
Thanks for bringing that daane. I would be over the moon if there were a couple of my pfs at the show!!
The pic of the pf is in my living room on a rainy day.
[quoted image]

Ooo, that looks nice! I was debating on bringing KISS, which has a Kruzman pf in it too. But maybe next year for that. I can only bring one game this year.

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

While I was playing the RS, a fella walked up and was checking it out and said the cab blue was not right. (It was so beautiful)

Ha, this is funny. If all they picked out was the cabinet blue, then they really weren't looking very closely. I took a lot of color liberties on the cabinet, the pf rails, the apron, star posts, rubbers, etc. But I do it the way I want it to look, knowing that it isn't 100% original.

Thanks again Ron for the awesome work you did on the pf.

2 months later
#3242 9 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I dont know if any of that make s sense, but I stress over little crap like that.

And that’s what makes you the best in the business.

Most people would look right past it and say good enough.

It’s looking good already.

1 month later
#3430 8 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I was doing the second coat of black on the inserts, and I had to give up, my arms were sticking and sliding on the pf from the humidity. There is like 7 inserts left that need it then this pf is looking awesome.
Hopefully my friends in the GR/ holland area are ok. they got it worse than us.
Hopefully daane will see the pics of his pf
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great Ron! That’s going to look amazing when installed. I should probably try to get the cabinet re-done this winter.

We’re okay up here in GR. Lots of trees down, and a building or two.

3 months later
#3981 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Havin a cup before I go out and polish that hot doggin for mr Daane. so idf you see this, start making plans (unless I burn another with the polisher :0)

Oh I see it. And I’m excited.

But before I get to hotdoggin, I’m going to be the person working on the WH2O you just cleared. That game is getting a full blown restore. My buddy is going to end up with an awesome game when it’s done.

#3985 4 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

And here is the hot dogger.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa. That is amazing.

This is going to be the fastest playing Hotdoggin in the world!!

2 months later
#4343 53 days ago

I’m now starting on the WH2O you completed last fall.

The owner is going to be very happy with this when it’s done.

IMG_6172 (resized).jpegIMG_6172 (resized).jpeg

#4347 50 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

The clear pops will never be seen under the orangey brown mountains that cover them.

Actually, the clear pop bodies will help shed light in this area.

And I also polish all the screw heads that are hidden under plastics & mountains that won't be seen either. I do that extra step to make sure the game is a nice as it can be, not because someone can see it....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.