20211022_164752 (resized).jpg
20211022_164730 (resized).jpg
what-you-talkin-bout-willis (resized).jpg
swear (resized).jpg
20211018_111159 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (12 months ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (3 months ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (81 days ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (80 days ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (76 days ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Ron, I think every pinball manufacturer should hire you to clear coat. Your shit is not only amazing looking, it doesn't (like another manufacturers clear job) look like a damn golf ball after 25 games AND it doesn't chip/crack. Seriously guys if you need a clear job, this guy is THE MAN to send it too. Fantastic product, fantastic service and fantastic guy.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Have you ever cleared a jersey jack playfield?

He should get be doing all the playfields but if it takes 13 weeks he couldnt keep up. Maybe we can clone Ron. Seriously I have put massive time on my Funhouse that I just restored that has Ron's clear job and it still looks like glass with zero dimples.

Ron..... anyway you can patent your process and then sell it to JJP and get royalties on every pf sold? Work smarter not harder I'm sure that "other guy" doesn't much care for you because nobody likes competition lol

1 month later
#60 2 years ago

Once you have a Kruzman cleared pf the rest become absolute garbage. It doesnt crack, chip or pool up around posts like some other "manufacturer". And it doesnt look like a damn golf ball after 100 games like some other "manufacturer" . Any playfield you buy have it drop shipped to Ron. You wont be disappointed!

2 weeks later
#70 2 years ago

Ron, you know what's really awesome about your work (besides everything)? This may sound just ludicrous but the sound and feel of the ball actually whacking the play field. The best way I can describe it is going from a normal "donk" to a "dunk". It's just a solid low pitched sound. Like the clear giving the ball a big ole bro hug. Freaking awesome. #customerforlife #ballbrohug #dimplesarentnormalbro

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Ron... that FH PF is beautiful!
I recently purchased a FH to restore. I bought another guys new PF, and 5-decals, NOS translite and all Starship clear ramps.
I'm not sure which PF is it (NOS / CPR or other), but it's brand new. I should send it to you. Should I ask about payment details in this thread or via PM?
Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

You simply wont be disappointed. Dimples arent normal
Ron charges $575 for the clear and $75 shipping back. Btw, I bought starship ramps as well. FYI the steps ramp is 1/4" short at the bottom (ramp flap). DONT drill your ramp until you set it in and see where the holes should be.

1 year later
#409 1 year ago

I think everyone, just once in their lives needs to have one game with your craft involved. They play ragingly fast (and they don't dimple AT ALL).
A good "for instance" is ever since I put your Funhouse play field in I can't get any where near my old high score. If I didn't know better you came up with a zero gravity / zero drag formula. The game is just flat out stupid fast now. I'm pretty content with my small collection however I am waiting on two machines. Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter. Should those ever get into production I will make every attempt to get a play field sent to you first! I wish every manufacturer would come out with a "LERK" version. Limited Edition with Ron Kruzman clear job. As always I enjoy your posts Ron thanks for sharing.

4 weeks later
#439 1 year ago

I really need to stay away from this thread. Kruzman crack is what this is. I wish I was filthy ass rich. I'd have every pin with your craft applied.
I hope you redo that Hobbit with your magic. Mircos doughy clear coat job dimples like a bitch on that pf. (Ask me how I know)

2 weeks later
#495 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

It cant hurt to ask. tell them the process takes 13 weeks though. Not sure if they can deal w that, but they can start installing immediately. Maybe talk to mike fox. he knows my work and works at JJP

Let's use guitars as an example. Jackson, Ibanez, Gibson all offer "custom shop" guitars. I wish all manufacturers allowed the option for custom shop that allowed a Kruzman clear coat as an option. However Ron hit on it a few days ago that hard clear coat can be brittle and the way these things are manufactured with power tools I could see it getting destroyed. How Spooky pulls it off is awesome and proof it can be done! I'd like to know if they changed their assembly process or not.

That Rick and Morty above looks f-ing SWEET! That clear job makes a machine fast and brutal. Too bad he didn't get to play it before the RK clear job to really appreciate and understand exactly what he paid for.

1 week later
#509 1 year ago

I just finished a FUNHOUSE pf that I will try to get pics of today.

I hope that's not one of those garbage playfields released that had the playfield guide rail holes are drilled crooked but also a few drilled too close to the edge. If you can run a rod up the guide rail holes first and verify they're straight before you do any work on it I would. Ron, is there any way you can get Mirco to ship you playfields without his clear coat being applied?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside