Topic Stats

• 4,557 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    51%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 31 votes
    37%

(83 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg
20240418_132419 (resized).jpg
20240418_132414 (resized).jpg
20240418_132351 (resized).jpg
IMG_1597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1634 (resized).jpeg
20240416_145204 (resized).jpg
20240416_145151 (resized).jpg
20240416_144619 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Kruzman Kit details. Posted by kruzman (4 years ago)

Post #420 Ron offers drill and dimple service for your playfield if needed. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #551 Mirco IJ after Ron’s magic to it. Posted by kruzman (3 years ago)

Post #1196 How to care for a Kruzman clearcoated playfield. Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1272 jjGnR: Cost and process of fixing Mirco's bad playfield clear Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1277 jjGnR: Summary of Mirco playfield problems Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1296 The reason Mirco/JJP clear is soft and tears, explained Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1548 Ultimate Alternative Cuss Words Handbook Posted by kruzman (2 years ago)

Post #1727 Instructions for using Ron's Clear Kit. Posted by dmacy (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I found 2 fully populated pfs in the storage today.

Nice find ... and it's in you own storage LOL. What other hidden gems are kicking around in there???

1 week later
#437 3 years ago

Wow - simply stunning!

1 week later
#467 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How does one buy a Kruzman CC Install kit from you?

Just send Ron a PM and he'll fix you up

1 month later
#591 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Ron, Karolina approves of the work. Hope to get this going in 6 months. Thought you would get kick out of the picture.
[quoted image]

Haha that's gold - love it

1 week later
#609 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

That hidden dick in Quicksilver always makes me laugh.
Seeing your final products is always inspiring!

Thanks for my morning laugh on Pinside

1 week later
#634 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There are 2 reasons why a pf like this is in way better shape that a nos firepower or EBD. LEAD PAINT
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What period did playfield manufacturers start moving away from lead paint?

#640 3 years ago

I really like the pic with all the PFs in the background - are these all work in progress?

Kruzman (resized).jpgKruzman (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#650 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

check out the arrow in the circle above the girl with the nice "rump"

LOL I was too distracted to notice

It's a cool pin, I've played one a few times at various events

1 week later
#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm shivering just LOOKING at that. Brrr..

Yep after seeing those, I'm going out into the sun to warm up

Living in snow is just so foreign to me ...

1 month later
#729 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got done using a loader to move the snow so I can get to my studio. There is a travel advisory here for the next 7+ days!!!!!
Its 15 deg. F and I guess that is gonna be the warmest all week.
It slows down my production when I have to spend an hour and a half moving snow, and the same to move wood every 3 days rather than 7. Whine whine whine.
70 days till the week we usually have PATZ. If I get a vaccine I will be there, if we are having it this year? They could do vaccines there

Wow, 1.5hrs to get to your shed - such a foreign (quite literally) concept to living over here. How deep is the snow you're having to clear? A pic would be great

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Crap I screwed it up.
On the first 2 pics the nos is the pf on the left.
then it goes NOS, next pic repro

Nah easy enough to work it out

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I totally forgot I have a stargazer also
[quoted image]

The Shadow knows ...

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

14 below zero this morning.

I don't know how you guys do it - it's somewhere in 90's F over here (been a relatively cooler summer this year)

3 weeks later
#839 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I didnt realize how long it would take to tell that story, maybe I will swap out some pfs to make up for the lost time.

Great story mate - love the last line lol (old habits are hard to change, eh?? haha)

Such a great thread, there always something going on, PFs to drool over, tips to learn, fun facts or stories to be told - thanks Ron!!

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Wow what a day today. I got a call from a guy whos dad was a production engineer linc smith, and bally williams. He had one pf of each one he set up the cnc for. I bought all of them except 4 that I couldn't pry from him, IJ, rfm, ww, and Jonnie M.
Here is what I got. Everything is nos. 2 have a little moisture damage just down at the bottom. Only a couple are dimpled. come to find out dimpling was done at the production facility, not by the people that made the pfs. I havent priced these, I still want to do a final inspection and clean them up a bit. Most will be for sale.
I reserved a rental van for the 400 mile trip, and when I got to enterprise, I was denied because my license expired in February. Here in mich there are very many cars with no license plates, on account of the DMV is closed except for reservations. The cops dont bother because people cant get in to the dmv. I do have a reservation to wait in line in a week and a half, to get my license renewed. Since it has been 8 years they want a new pic.
So, I used 2.5 tanks of diesel fuel, to drive a 1997 F250 with a 7.3 liter turbo diesel. The mechanic told me its the same International motor they use in school buses. I absolutely love the truck (the truck is named Doug. its beige 2 tone, plus rust. perfect Doug)but the longest trip I have even made was 45 miles each way.
My tail gate fell off and was hanging by one of the cables on each side, bouncing off the highway. I got over 3 lanes before it completely fell off. It was on the 80-94 going thru Hammond IN. It couldnt have been a worse place. strike that. the Mackinaw Bridge could have been worse.
So heres the haul of pfs! All are t nutted. One of the services I provide is dimpling, so it can done by me or you or the installer
Scared Stiff
NBA
Fish Tales main pf only I have used mini pfs
corvette
Hurricane
BS Dracula dimpled
Jackbot
Dr Who
Who dunnit
Congo dimpled I think
Indy 500
Funhouse dimpled
No Fear
WCS
Addams family (may be gold eddition)
Twilight Zone 3 mag
Road Show
Creech (light pink)
Theatre of magic
Champ pub
Shadow
Tales of arab nights
Attack from mars
STTNG proto with large neutral zone hole
demo man
Judge dread
SW episode 1

Wow - what a haul! Nice one!

How good are you at restoring tailgates??

2 weeks later
#925 3 years ago

Ron I believe you mentioned previously that you re-glue the inserts on the pre-80 40 year old PFs - if the inserts are cupped do you replace them or do you reuse and sand the tops flat?

1 week later
#949 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Louis is bored. He has been waiting for me to comeout side all day, but I am in here doing taxes. He is lost most his sight, or a lot of it, so he seems even more dumb that he actually is. I bmay go out to cut some firewood, and both of us can walk the trails get some exercise.
I had to pay to get the trees that were growing in the power lines cut last monday and one of the cherry trees had these 3 living in it. So since they are homeless we have been helping them out. cedar, popular, cherry
So if you havent been to my website it is kruzmanpinballplayfields.com. Its not about clearcoating. Its not about clearcoating, just pfs available.I think there are about 65-70 titles of new pfs on there.
Of that new batch of the NOS bally williams stuff I got a couple weeks ago, here is what is still available. Pics and prices are on the website
Scared stiff (on hold for one more day)
AFM on hold same
Dracula
TOTAN
Demo man
DR who
roadshow
NBA
Hurricane
World cup soccer
star wars
No fear
corvette
shadow
Theatre of magic
Star trek NG (on hold)
Jack bot
Plus another 45 other NOS/repro titles I have (they are on the website)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm guessing they're squirrels?? I didn't realise some had dark fur

And what does Louis think of the new house dwellers??

1 week later
#981 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

8 nos pf's heading for a shipping container to Australia
[quoted image]

Totan, BSD, No Fear, TAF, and ???

Damn, wish they were coming to me ...

1 week later
#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Not pinball but folks ask.
I am so ready for these things to move out, go off to squirrel college, what ever. move on. This is the first week they are all able to sit up right
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Might be a stupid question, but are they somewhat tame and you can handle and pat them or are they still pretty wild?

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So this is why I am running a little behind, and not accepting any work for a month. Every one of these belong to a customer. One pf is mine (indy 500) that is sold but not paid for so who knows.
so the plan is to have all of these done by july 30. At that point I will start the NOS pfs from that large batch that sold and people want them cleared.

Wow impressive line up of PFs and probably even more impressive is that you plan on getting these all done by the end of July - if I was doing them it'd be a lifetime

2 weeks later
#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hi y'all.
looking for a JP LE playfield for a customer who doesnt like the way its starting to wear. Let me know if you have one to sell or know where to find one.
Thank you!!!!!

The JP Prem and LE PF are the same. Stern is still making Prems machines and have been just doing the latest batch. I would assume that you'd be able to acquire a new PF from them, since they have spares for warranty issues etc - worth asking at least

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I forgot to do the mini pf

The Shadow knows

2 months later
#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

One time a girl was mentioning in a story she was telling me, that she had "the trotts"
I have no idea if anyone else uses it for the term diarehia, but I think its hilarious!!!!!
Since I wrote that, I think of it every time I see that pf, and laugh.

I wouldn't call it a common term but it is used by some people to describe their ... um predicament

1 month later
#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I stockpiled them when incandescent were outlawed, but am starting to run out.

Wow that's interesting - is the banning of incandescent lights a state by state based law or national wide in the US?

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Happened nationally to push more energy efficient fluorescent (ugly light) and led light (problematic if the wrong tech). You can still get "novelty" bulbs in various sizes, but I think there's a hard deadline for those to be outlawed too. I just don't remember when that is.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/u-s-phase-out-of-incandescent-light-bulbs-continues-in-2014-with-40-60-watt-varieties

Thanks - there's a push for more efficient lighting over here as well but no laws in place. Long term I guess they will be phased out simply due to what's available for retailers to sell

1 month later
#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

We grew up in a different time.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis (resized).jpgwhat-you-talkin-bout-willis (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

No comments on that installed TAF pf from sweeden??? WTF, it looks beautiful!
There is a thread here on pinside of dave macy installing a TAF that I sold and cleared (cpr repro). here is a link to that one
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-a-nice-addams-nicer-refresh-and-bulletproofing#post-6572071

Yes you're right, it's absolutely stunning - I could even see why you wouldn't want to play it, rather just have it to admire the beauty ... but it is a pinball machine and made played

5 months later
#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just started the final block sand on a NOS PARAGON. except one little dust nug, it doesnt need tio be sanded its so nice, but it will look even better. I just tested the 4 star roll overs and 2 of them needed to be adjusted.
I always test the star roll overs before anything leaves, but the tool I use to clear them out is in the install kit if you buy a cpr repro and the white star wont fit in there.

Ooohhh show us pics of the NOS Paragon - looking forward to seeing the trees and sky reflecting off an absolutely gorgeous PF

2 weeks later
#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Has anyone had any experience moving a new stern in a GMC terain?
Asking for a friend.

According to https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#GMC, "Terrain (2005+) - Will fit all standard and wide body pinball machines with back seat folded down"

#1945 1 year ago

Sad news - feeling for you mate

2 weeks later
#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

And the gods wept. This is the TAF for sale that was done except the last coat. I got the last coat down and polished. I am so happy with it. Now I just have to find the buyer, bill for the remainder of payment and get it shipped, hopefully before going to denver sunday.
Can you tell if it is nos or repro? If it is nos, there is something special about it. If it is a repro, which of the 3?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the NOS PF had the barcode while the repros left this blank

2 months later
#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Not sure if you can see how the wood grain has raised and cracked the ink
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ron - how do you go about repairing that? Do you sand it back to the wood to stop any further raising / cracking, or do you simply put down a coat of clear and then paint over that to cover the damaged artwork? Also what causes the wood to do this in the first place?

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is called the 'Kruzman Magic' TM.

Lol yep he is a magician although there’s less magic and more master tradesman

3 weeks later
#2299 1 year ago

Love the look of the IJ PF in the above post, there's something about the matt finish ... that said I'll still being going "Wow" when you post pics of the finished PF with it's superb gloss finish

1 month later
#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

She is so hot. When this game came out I didnt think elviria was that sexy, but when you get older and sex gets a whole lot more complicated (in a good way) she is amazing. I paid good money a while back in NYC for a woman who looked like her, to kick the shit out of me!

I’m guessing you were scared stiff??

1 month later
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Its that time of year where I plan my work around the weather. The good thing is it changes pretty quick. The bad thing is it changes pretty quick.

Yep looks amazing but I'd be a brass monkey if I lived there

1 week later
#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This second picture confirms something I've thought but was never confirmed ..
The very early samples had the post near the bottom pop bumper a lot closer to said pop bumper. In the playfield in my game, the hole appears to have been patched - AFTER the CNC work, but BEFORE the printing was done! This field it doesn't look like it was patched.
It looks goooooooooddd... I'm drooling.

Yep looking forward to your resto thread

1 month later
#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Well you cant tell its the man in black
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Simply stunning! I always love the reflection of your ceiling globes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.