Topic Stats

• 367 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 332 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 3 months ago

Would love to see some pics of you cleaning up those rollovers. Are you taking the dremel bits to them, or just adding some glue to lock them down?

#302 3 months ago

When I was looking at the new IJ repro pfs, it made me think about how that game is still one of the best games. If it had a modern display, it would still sell like crazy. Its a game that with all art work aside, the game play is just the tops. It actually reminds me of the new games JJ is making. If you own that game, I suggest updating the sound. I did when I had mine and it was so worth it. I used the pinball pro system, and it made the sound effects smooth rather than so sharp and distorted. I don't mean sharp in an accurate way, I mean in a non smooth way if that makes sense .
I still say IJ is one of the 3 best games ever made... and I do not own one.
All 3 games on that list are wide, but all from different manufactures

#303 3 months ago
Quoted from msarac:

Would love to see some pics of you cleaning up those rollovers. Are you taking the dremel bits to them, or just adding some glue to lock them down?

I am going to start by using the glue, then sanding very carefully then decide weather to dremmil or not. I forgot to put my star in to see if they are clogged at all. I didn't post the pic of the star on the viking, but it wouldn't even go in, so I couldn't test to see if it was sticky.

#304 3 months ago

A LE indy would be crazy ! I personally think it’s the best looking pin ever made
Game play , sounds just never seem to get old

#305 3 months ago

Here is some pics of the TOTAN I just did, this is the NOS PF you did up a few years ago. Pics aren’t the best, older iPhone pics.

42A65BC7-5108-44D8-B54B-16B58C124BE3 (resized).jpeg76BB0CF7-AEAF-450F-93D2-7300D6BDC0E5 (resized).jpeg7EF63449-E8EC-48FC-A5FF-1E1893298BD3 (resized).jpeg8319F324-D306-4A5E-9B93-6F169B27DA0B (resized).jpeg
#306 3 months ago

Wow with the pf, trim, decals that game is so beautiful. couple questions for you bud, How many pf swaps have you done, how many hours do you think the pf swap took and how many hours in to the entire resto. last question. How much do you think it would sell for? I know you would prob never sell unless it was a stupid amount, but how much do you think it would sell for? (If you know. I am just wondering what these beautiful games are worth now days)
That game was made for led lighting!

#307 3 months ago

Tha

Quoted from Bud:

Here is some pics of the TOTAN I just did, this is the NOS PF you did up a few years ago. Pics aren’t the best, older iPhone pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a NOS pf?

#308 3 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

A LE indy would be crazy ! I personally think it’s the best looking pin ever made
Game play , sounds just never seem to get old

Have you ever finished all of the modes in one game? not even close for me so I cant imagine the wizard mode. And while concerning Totan I couldnt figure out the wiz mode on that. I kept getting to fighting skeletons, but I didnt know how to finish that mode. It sucks to sell a game before you have finished it. Same with WPT. Loved that game but never came close. I have owned it 3 times. (2 new in box games. They were being blown out with wheel of fortune by jersey Jack for 2800 at the time)

#309 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Wow with the pf, trim, decals that game is so beautiful. couple questions for you bud, How many pf swaps have you done, how many hours do you think the pf swap took and how many hours in to the entire resto. last question. How much do you think it would sell for? I know you would prob never sell unless it was a stupid amount, but how much do you think it would sell for? (If you know. I am just wondering what these beautiful games are worth now days)
That game was made for led lighting!

I don’t know how many PF swaps I’ve done anymore. I also don't know how many hours are in this restoration because I worked on it here and there over a year or two. I will say this PF swap was the longest one yet, I had to replace every single lamp socket and fix wiring. I sold this pin for big money before it was even completed and have people continually asking me to sell it to them. Here is a link if you want to see the progression. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blown-out-totan

#310 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Tha

Thats a NOS pf?

Lol, yes, you did the paint correction and clear on it.

1 week later
#311 83 days ago

I am drill and dimpling a nos paragon that I cleared about 3 years ago. 231 dimples on the back. I forgot to count the front because i did all of the drill holes that go all the way thru the pf, from the front side. very pleased how the clear acted. no probs looks awesome.

#312 83 days ago

Hi everybody, throwing this out there if anybody is interested. I am thinking about selling my CFTBL that I bought from Ron about 5 years ago. I was saving it but never came across a Creech for the price I wanted and now don’t have much room for any more games. It really should be in a game not wall art. It’s an original that Ron touched up and cleared and looks beautiful. I can provide tons of pics so PM me if you are interested. I would like to get $1700 for it.

Thanks
Mike

#313 83 days ago

I'm running out of projects...not really...but looking for an excuse to go pick up that Centaur playfield that Ron recently finished so I can tackle that project

#314 82 days ago

So this is pretty funny, at least to me. I live alone out in the country, I dont have kids. I have a sister but I may see her once a year as she lives on the east side of michigan, plus she is newly married, so they are busy. My point is I have no reference for time.
This is concerning the paragon, that I bought from a customer. It was not drilled and dimpled as I was saying in the post above. I said it was about 3 years ago that I cleared it. Well, I have done a lot of nos paragons. I was looking at the back and (I noticed that I hadn't re-glued the inserts which I made policy about 3 years ago I think) I actually signed this one with pencil, so i didnt notice it originally. It says Kruzman 2012! Man, I am getting old!!!

#315 82 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So this is pretty funny, at least to me. I live alone out in the country, I dont have kids. I have a sister but I may see her once a year as she lives on the east side of michigan, plus she is newly married, so they are busy. My point is I have no reference for time.
This is concerning the paragon, that I bought from a customer. It was not drilled and dimpled as I was saying in the post above. I said it was about 3 years ago that I cleared it. Well, I have done a lot of nos paragons. I was looking at the back and (I noticed that I hadn't re-glued the inserts which I made policy about 3 years ago I think) I actually signed this one with pencil, so i didnt notice it originally. It says Kruzman 2012! Man, I am getting old!!!

You better watch out Ron. Pinball repair is not an essential business the governor would not be very pleased with you

#316 82 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am drill and dimpling a nos paragon that I cleared about 3 years ago. 231 dimples on the back. I forgot to count the front because i did all of the drill holes that go all the way thru the pf, from the front side. very pleased how the clear acted. no probs looks awesome.

Doing business with Mr Kruzman is a treat! Highly recommended!

#317 81 days ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

You better watch out Ron. Pinball repair is not an essential business the governor would not be very pleased with you

Well it just so happens that me and gretchen went to school together. You notice you always has a smile on her face.....
Here is a pf that came out really nice. spookys print is very good. I didnt have to fix a thing

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#318 81 days ago

couple more

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#319 81 days ago

I just noticed the reflection of the clouds in the second pic. UN- Distorted and flat

#320 81 days ago

All,
What is your favorite playfield clamping system to use to hold and turn the playfield during a restore?
Thx

#321 81 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All,
What is your favorite playfield clamping system to use to hold and turn the playfield during a restore?
Thx

That is a very good question, and i dont have a suitable reply since I use my buddies (J.D). But here is the man to ask for sure. he has posted a bunch of amazing swaps and I ask him questions all of the time
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-funhouse-playfield-swap-3/page/2#post-5602038

I do feel that only supporting the pf at the 2 ends, and not running some L channel for the sides to be supported is a recipe for disaster. Also whenever I have to hit the pf with the hammer, I put it in the bench with wood blocks under the point of impact. Even when you use the install kit to remove the clear

#322 79 days ago

Anyone have an extra Harlem Globetrotters playfield?

#323 77 days ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Doing business with Mr Kruzman is a treat! Highly recommended!

I have never done business with Ron before and I can say that this guy is the real deal. Extremely informative, kind, helpful and thorough!

This is easily the most expensive pinball “part” I’ve ever purchased and would recommend Ron’s work to anyone considering it for a collectors quality craftsman’s work.

Thank you Ron!

2D1FA1DE-79C2-443C-ADFB-9735D2D6BD91 (resized).jpeg6369C117-84E0-487D-8A32-54A95FF91C94 (resized).jpeg9F6111BD-6499-4FCA-9E08-79C9FB3DF562 (resized).jpeg
#324 77 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Have you ever finished all of the modes in one game? not even close for me so I cant imagine the wizard mode. And while concerning Totan I couldnt figure out the wiz mode on that. I kept getting to fighting skeletons, but I didnt know how to finish that mode.

The skeletons stop regenerating at some point. Hard to explain without quoting the manual but it’s a timed three shot kinda thing.

Wanna restore a Shaq Attaq Playfield?

#325 77 days ago

Looking forward to Kruzman,s magic on a
Wade Krause quick draw ! Also bringing a NOS Dolly back to Life !

Ron ! I’m searching for playfields n projects ! Love your work Man

#326 77 days ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I can say that this guy is the real deal. Extremely informative, kind, helpful and thorough!

Ron's also a perfectionist! He wont let anything leave his shop that he's not 100% happy with. Seeing his work in person is pinball nirvana.

#327 76 days ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

The skeletons stop regenerating at some point. Hard to explain without quoting the manual but it’s a timed three shot kinda thing.
Wanna restore a Shaq Attaq Playfield?

Ok that kinda makes sense on the totan.
Sorry I am way to busy to accept any restorations right now, just clear coats. I will take nos pfs that need work. Believe it or not, and nos that needs a bunch of work is still 1/5 the work of a used in beautiful shape. when I sand off the finish and level it, I end up making a lot more work for my self.

#328 72 days ago

Bummer morning. My gottlieb 007 just went out the door. That has been my fav game for a couple years, and I only have 2 working games left. (there is a world beauties em still here but its sold and leaving soon).

I have dealt with a lot of movers, and some of them, you know dam well that game is gonna get damaged. These guys called the day before and said they would be there are 8 am. at 8.07 they called and said they were a half hour out which I appreciated. Professional, experienced, good guys. The name on the bill says sti delivers and the address is ft wayne, though they were from detroit area. stidelivers.com . I recommend them if you need shipping. I dont know any financials.

So my plan is since this pandemic gave me a bitch slap about how my job could be done in one day. Just like that. I used the 007 money to buy a big trailer, and when another check I have been expecting gets here I am buying a 5 ft rototiller for my kubota L3400 tractor, and I am going to hustle some jobs rototilling gardens for folks who have hopefully decided its a good idea to grow out own food safely. My only concern is I may be too late, but we shall see. worst case senerio is I can do my garden which is about 80x24. Although since out winter was so weak this year, the deep population is insane, and when I chase them off they dont move very fast. bastards.

#329 71 days ago

Although since out winter was so weak this year, the deep population is insane, and when I chase them off they dont move very fast. bastards.

Sorry thats the DEER population. The heard is huge this year. There are more that 13 that live on my 10 acres.(and they have not dropped the fawns yet) So this coming fall, Some hunting friends are going to harvest some of them. We have had the brain diesease in my county, and with the over population, its a very good chance that the whole lot of them could die a nasty death, and waste the meat to boot.

Getting Back to playfields, dont forget that there are pics of most of the pfs I have in stock at pinballplayfieldskruzman.com

#330 71 days ago

Ron , love too see before and after of
Quick draw / Dolly !

Dolly Cabinet is looking sweet

05CE9EC1-F6A8-4592-8B7F-8966C0DDB68C (resized).jpeg0FEA33E0-FC18-4458-AFBB-08BED29AFECE (resized).jpeg1A72BD80-6F3D-4AB4-9EFB-702281603E05 (resized).jpeg201474F1-FB8C-43CC-BF2C-F3264D608489 (resized).jpeg
#331 71 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Sorry thats the DEER population. The heard is huge this year. There are more that 13 that live on my 10 acres.(and they have not dropped the fawns yet) So this coming fall, Some hunting friends are going to harvest some of them.

You plant the garden.
Deer eat the garden.
You eat the deer.

Problem solved.

#332 69 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ron , love too see before and after of
Quick draw / Dolly !
Dolly Cabinet is looking sweet[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh that cab looks great! I never really noticed the graphics before. very cool. It definitely looks the peroid but its not dated. the pf is the same. That is a successful licence in my opinion. think of how often you see licenced stuff at garage sales for free, like teenage muntant pokey kongs.

I glued the inserts this week but I have not started the prep yet, so I will post before and aft pics of dolly.

#333 69 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You plant the garden.
Deer eat the garden.
You eat the deer.
Problem solved.

Maybe, but you need some veggies to go with all that meat!

#334 69 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You plant the garden.
Deer eat the garden.
You eat the deer.
Problem solved.

Yes it is actually that simple... but.
Like 15 years ago I had a bad kill with my bow that I tracked thru a half mile of snow in the dark and when I found it, the deer was still very alive. I chose to basically lay over it and cut it's neck. I had to really put the memory in a little box and file it at the back of my head, and I quit hunting. I still am a hunting advocate (though not a nra member.). I have seen thru my 50 years the mi heard stay balanced by the hunters, not to mention I love the food.
This year the problem is 2 fold. last winter there was a woman in my guest house who was feeding them about 150 lbs a month, and this winter was so warm with record low snow. So the population is dangerously high now and like I said they haven't dropped the fawns yet.

Now with the advent or should I say legalization of amazingly accurate and lethal cross bows, I predict a kill at the compound the likes of the holocaust come november or when ever the good freeze comes. In the mean time, I am screwed. This morning I was deer-laughed at, by a big one that got shot in the rear with a plastic pellet from the air rifle. Next I am going to try a friends frisbee golf disks that he no longer uses. see if I can knock a couple in the head.

I did get the 5 ft PTO rototiller for the kubota, to do my garden, and as many as I can hustle, and I am watching craigs list for ideas like fence. I havent gone a summer without a garden since moving to the compound in 05 and it is going to suck if they do in fact destroy my efforts. I do know for certain the deer will have a more cautious approach next year after this deer season!!!

#335 63 days ago

One of my customers who has a pf here right now was interested in my star gazer, and if I could get that done with his pf.
I cant remember who this conversation was with, but I would like to talk to you about that stargazer pf, so please remind me if it is you.
Scatterbrain Mc kruzman

2 weeks later
#336 47 days ago

I shipped out a Xenon, used safe cracker, 4 pfs to spooky, and a NOS BSD, on wed, so that hopefully they will arrive in time to do some projects this weekend.
If you are doing a project, feel free to mention what you are doing here. I am interested to hear what is being done.

#337 45 days ago

Here are some before pics of a dolly I am starting

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#338 45 days ago

couple more.
Only one serious ouchie. The hard part is the "glitter" effect on the inserts. I have to make those inserts blend in to the pf if at all possible. I am just working the plan on this one as I write this.

#339 45 days ago

I am so surprised that this pf is over a year complete and no takers. DE pfs require so much work before clearing. I still have not finished the paint on the de simpsons. Most of the inserts are hidden under art, but they are not set in well and they crack around the insert. I reset several on this one and glued all of them. The logo in the middle looks horrible on a nos because all of the inserts are prominent behind the art, because of the rectangle cracks in it.
This pf is for sale. It is drilled, dimpled, tweeked, cleared, and the back is polyurethaned. Ready for a museum piece

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#340 45 days ago

One of my customers who is a super cool fella is looking for a ted nugent. So if you have one you may want to sell or trade, send me an email.
If you are ever looking for a title, feel free to contact me. If I dont have it, I am happy to help and I dont charge a pimp fee if i just hook it up and dont have to buy anything.

#341 45 days ago

I never said I was looking for a Nugent

#342 44 days ago
Quoted from Paulb:

I never said I was looking for a Nugent

HA. There are many in the super cool fella, but few in the super-duper cool fella category.

#343 44 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

HA. There are many in the super cool fella, but few in the super-duper cool fella category.

"Super Duper" is a hidden Data East Star Wars feature.
How did Kruzman know?

2 weeks later
#344 30 days ago

I have a spooky alice cooper that I cleared for sale. PM me for info in interested

#345 26 days ago

Ron clearcoated my A13 NOS pf a few months ago and after a long playfield swap it is now finally where it belongs. I have only praise for Ron, his work is exceptional and the playfield looks spectacular. Below are a few pics, you can even see the reflection of the rocket Thanks so much Ron!

image0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#346 26 days ago
Quoted from pbjack:

Ron clearcoated my A13 NOS pf a few months ago and after a long playfield swap it is now finally where it belongs. I have only praise for Ron, his work is exceptional and the playfield looks spectacular. Below are a few pics, you can even see the reflection of the rocket Thanks so much Ron![quoted image][quoted image]

Note: Apparently, the prototype had the Earth and the Moon rotated.

Excellent restoration!

#347 25 days ago

Hi Ron, I'm loving the dremel bits but wondering if you have any tips for using the glue and not getting it everywhere? No matter what I do, I can't seem to limit to one drop at a time out of the bottle (and I only cut a very small amount off the tip of the bottle). The glue is so thin it comes out a few drops at a time. Luckily, I had a bottle of acetone handy to clean up the drops off the playfield.

The syringes that came with the package are also very wide opening at the tip so I can't use those for sealing the holes after I've dremeled them.

Thanks for any tips

#348 24 days ago
Quoted from pbjack:

Ron clearcoated my A13 NOS pf a few months ago and after a long playfield swap it is now finally where it belongs. I have only praise for Ron, his work is exceptional and the playfield looks spectacular. Below are a few pics, you can even see the reflection of the rocket Thanks so much Ron![quoted image][quoted image]

Wow Jacques! I am so glad you got that machine all together. Thats a big job and looks awesome. Something I bet you plan to keep for life. It looks like you had all of your wire-form ramps painted?
I have always thought that apollo would be the game that could turn an non-pinhead in to a total pin addict. To get that 13 ball multi-ball and not know what was happening would be super intense!!

#349 24 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Hi Ron, I'm loving the dremel bits but wondering if you have any tips for using the glue and not getting it everywhere? No matter what I do, I can't seem to limit to one drop at a time out of the bottle (and I only cut a very small amount off the tip of the bottle). The glue is so thin it comes out a few drops at a time. Luckily, I had a bottle of acetone handy to clean up the drops off the playfield.
The syringes that came with the package are also very wide opening at the tip so I can't use those for sealing the holes after I've dremeled them.
Thanks for any tips

Maybe some of the other users have some tricks they can share. I have been using hypos since 1993, and I have become very proficient with them, I didnt really think others may not. There are smaller gauge needles available. 21 and 23 ga, are ones I have used for this app in the past. They tend to squirt farther, so you have to be careful with them. I need to order some more, so I will do so right now. I can hook you up when they get here if you want to try a smaller barrel. That glue is VERY thin, which is what we need, because it needs to wick in to the wood and get under the clear.
A fellow pinsider named dave macy, (his pinsider name is dmacy) uses the glue all of the time and he prefers a thing called a pipen, which are sold at hobby stores I believe. Maybe contacting him to ask where he gets them may be worth it

#350 24 days ago

Thanks Ron! I’m sloppy and not very proficient with the syringes yet. So I use these 0.5 ml pipettes. I like them as I can control the flow and when you release them it sucks the glue back in. You can save the glue in them for a few days too.

D2584450-A8BF-436E-9D7D-EC2AC8684F39 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside