Topic Stats

• 4,566 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 92.
#2951 1 year ago

can any one name that pin cab showing? Its a game i play during commercials.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Yes, but you told me about it previously, so I won't cheat.

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yes, but you told me about it previously, so I won't cheat.

Thank you for being a stand up guy. I just finished lunch, and I have a cup and a smoke to see if anyone can answer.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That shower drain is sweet. They didnt have that back when I did tile. Restoring floors tile and wood were my favorite jobs. I had 2 really nice floor sanders, and I would talk people in to borders both in wood and tile. I spent 2 winter months in plya del carmen tiling a friends condo, and I brought home a bunch of the custom painted tiles and tried to splash them in. you cant see my schluter trim, but its between the carpet and tile. this is my basement hi-fi room that is 16 by 36.
Then I had 3 vertebra fused (L3, 4,and 5).
I couldnt do an hour of floor work, and much as I enjoyed it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stop by and tile my kitchen floor !

#2955 1 year ago

The game in question has 15 drop targets. My WPT has 16 and I think thats the pin with the most drops.

#2956 1 year ago

El Dorado City of Gold

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I know it’s on my wishlist and am absolutely willing to buy it off ya

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Its not often I finish 2 pfs by the same artist in the same week. both of these came out amazeballz. very happy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish they’d still do playfield art like this…definitely more interesting than all the band/movie pins of today. This playfield has always intrigued me. Looks awesome, Ron!!

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I wish they’d still do playfield art like this…definitely more interesting than all the band/movie pins of today. This playfield has always intrigued me. Looks awesome, Ron!!

yes those playfields LQQK fantastic.....too bad there are no leaf's in the trees from that mirror finish

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from vinnypeppers:too bad there are no leaf's in the trees from that mirror finish

Off topic, but reading that comment, I couldn't help but be reminded of my very first cabinet restore last spring. The crabapples were in bloom.

'Nuff said....

cabinet (resized).jpegcabinet (resized).jpeg
#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

SI is a huge assed plank!!

My SI looks awesome. It'll be sitting in my office next to Paragon until I get around to install time ... two huge ass planks ... gorgeous artwork ... quality finish done right. Thanks Ron.

#2962 1 year ago

That is a FANTASTIC pic of the playboy cab and the flowering trees!

Yes eldorado city of gold. Mr sunarf gets the happy-face sticker.

so that beautiful cab makes me think of something that has been on my mind, which is how the playboy pins will fare, now that a faction of america thinks very low of playboy. I have all 3 games and I love them because of the game designs and art, but also because I am 56 and I grew up with skin mags (and pin-up art). The house I grew up in was pretty militant anti-sex so I was eager to have risky art when I got my own place. I got a subscription to playboy from my girlfriend when I was in college, and by the 3 issue I didnt even open them. In the 80's and 90's their representation of women did nothing for me. If I saw one more girl with a cowboy hat on a hay bale I would barf. If I remember correctly the articles and politics seemed pretty conservative and snobby to me.
Once I realized that there were other skin mags, that had no articles and, the photo content was more my speed...

ANYWAY, I never had anything for playboy, the actual magazine. I did really like the idea though. If they made a swank or hustler pin, I think I would have preferred that over playboy.

So the original bally game has all ways been a collectable, and being a true collector at heart, I got the whole set. right now I just have the stern-version set up and its a fantastic game. its very original, the set up is unlike any other, and with the 2 way mirror, and the peep show window that goes down, it has cool toys I have never seen used.

So I am wondering if the demand is going to go down on the playboy games. Hell there are a lot of people in pinball right now that have no memories of a hidden skin mag being the first chance to see sexual images.

I havent seen what the bally games are selling for (actually selling), but I have noticed the stern and DE versions selling for the very bottom tier of the price scale. On facebook last week I think stern playboy was the lowest priced DMD game for sale.

I dont even know what WOKE means. is it an acronym of something. I do know that the me too movement may have been some of the reason for the big 7 part documentary CNN did on playboy, and they showed hef to not be the dirty uncle, but just the lowest of low flesh peddlers. The other big part of the docu was that the women who posed in the mag were very displeased that they couldnt get a job as an executive at playboy. For some reason they thought modeling was a rung of the corporate ladder. I dont know but many were very mad.

So after watching that, I started thinking that the playboy games are not going to have the fun draw that they used to have, and if the selling prices would go down to Disco Fever's level.

I probably shouldn't have included so much personal info and opinion in this, but I would like to hear if others have an opinion, or have bought or sold one of the games, or if you fell like you would never own one of those. also if you have any sold prices of any of the 3 playboy games that would be interesting also.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That is a FANTASTIC pic of the playboy cab and the flowering trees!
so that beautiful cab makes me think of something that has been on my mind, which is how the playboy pins will fare, now that a faction of america thinks very low of playboy. I have all 3 games and I love them because of the game designs and art, but also because I am 56 and I grew up with skin mags (and pin-up art). The house I grew up in was pretty militant anti-sex so I was eager to have risky art when I got my own place. I got a subscription to playboy from my girlfriend when I was in college, and by the 3 issue I didnt even open them. In the 80's and 90's their representation of women did nothing for me. If I saw one more girl with a cowboy hat on a hay bale I would barf. If I remember correctly the articles and politics seemed pretty conservative and snobby to me.
Once I realized that there were other skin mags, that had no articles and, the photo content was more my speed...
ANYWAY, I never had anything for playboy, the actual magazine. I did really like the idea though. If they made a swank or hustler pin, I think I would have preferred that over playboy.
So the original bally game has all ways been a collectable, and being a true collector at heart, I got the whole set. right now I just have the stern-version set up and its a fantastic game. its very original, the set up is unlike any other, and with the 2 way mirror, and the peep show window that goes down, it has cool toys I have never seen used.
So I am wondering if the demand is going to go down on the playboy games. Hell there are a lot of people in pinball right now that have no memories of a hidden skin mag being the first chance to see sexual images.
I havent seen what the bally games are selling for (actually selling), but I have noticed the stern and DE versions selling for the very bottom tier of the price scale. On facebook last week I think stern playboy was the lowest priced DMD game for sale.
I dont even know what WOKE means. is it an acronym of something. I do know that the me too movement may have been some of the reason for the big 7 part documentary CNN did on playboy, and they showed hef to not be the dirty uncle, but just the lowest of low flesh peddlers. The other big part of the docu was that the women who posed in the mag were very displeased that they couldnt get a job as an executive at playboy. For some reason they thought modeling was a rung of the corporate ladder. I dont know but many were very mad.
So after watching that, I started thinking that the playboy games are not going to have the fun draw that they used to have, and if the selling prices would go down to Disco Fever's level.
I probably shouldn't have included so much personal info and opinion in this, but I would like to hear if others have an opinion, or have bought or sold one of the games, or if you fell like you would never own one of those. also if you have any sold prices of any of the 3 playboy games that would be interesting also.

Interesting topic…

As you know, I have the Data East version, and I’ll probably never sell it just because the brand has been in my life since I was born. My father had a subscription forever and I remember looking through his since I was just a little kid…hell, I used to line them up in front of me on the floor while watching HBO in the morning. My mother used to tell me that I called the girls “my babies”. Nudity wasn’t a big deal to me. My mother was a artist and used to do nude paintings of my father for art class (they were big time hippies), while I was a toddler running around the house. So playboy and my dad’s record collection were a big deal as a kid! Lol. So, I think that helped me really respect women and not look down on them like I see many today do.

But in regards to the games, I think you’ll see the Bally stay high in price, and other two hover around their current values because most collectors, I think, are going to be the people that grew up with icon. Eventually, like everything else, it will become trendy again…especially since I’ve heard they are releasing the magazine again. That might even bolster prices…to be seen.

CDE775E1-008B-4E64-88EA-4AE44E82D988 (resized).jpegCDE775E1-008B-4E64-88EA-4AE44E82D988 (resized).jpegF5CEAC52-B001-447B-875E-03B6971211D2 (resized).jpegF5CEAC52-B001-447B-875E-03B6971211D2 (resized).jpeg
#2965 1 year ago

If you havent played the stern version, you really should. It has a wild flow, with short and long shots. Great call outs and music. I owned the game for 6 or 7 years before I got it running and cleaned. I had never played the stern version even though I had one at home for years. so the first time I played it was after it was torn down to the bare pf, and shopped and tuned.

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

award (resized).jpgaward (resized).jpg
#2967 1 year ago

so I got done block sanding this kiss pf, and it was ready to polish and be done, when I noticed the back was not dimpled. the front has what I thought were dimples, but they are actually the holes that go all the way thru. the front only needed about 45-50 dimples, but the back needed a good 140.

So I drilled the dimples, going thru 6 coats, and none lifted, or got a halo or had any issues.

I still have to use the install kit to inject something in them to seal them, because when I polish I cool with water, and the water would quickly go in those holes and get absorbed, causing the spot to swell up, and look like crap.

20230317_132923 (resized).jpg20230317_132923 (resized).jpg20230317_132936 (resized).jpg20230317_132936 (resized).jpg20230317_133002 (resized).jpg20230317_133002 (resized).jpg20230317_133023 (resized).jpg20230317_133023 (resized).jpg20230317_133038 (resized).jpg20230317_133038 (resized).jpg20230317_133633 (resized).jpg20230317_133633 (resized).jpg20230317_133639 (resized).jpg20230317_133639 (resized).jpg20230317_133650 (resized).jpg20230317_133650 (resized).jpg
#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

so I got done block sanding this kiss pf, and it was ready to polish and be done, when I noticed the back was not dimpled. the front has what I thought were dimples, but they are actually the holes that go all the way thru. the front only needed about 45-50 dimples, but the back needed a good 140.
So I drilled the dimples, going thru 6 coats, and none lifted, or got a halo or had any issues.
I still have to use the install kit to inject something in them to seal them, because when I polish I cool with water, and the water would quickly go in those holes and get absorbed, causing the spot to swell up, and look like crap.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks phenomenal Ron, can't wait to install this in my game.

#2969 1 year ago

The original Bally Playboy pinball was in my favorite rock music bar in Houston Texas in the late 70s (Dome Shadows). I probably put enough money into it to have bought it, not counting all the drinks I had while playing. There is a rough condition one in a local arcade restaurant nearby (Crab Alley). I play it a few times, when I visit. But its game play is slow and not as much fun as the DMD and new Stern Titles that are sitting next to it.

When I was a young teenager, I babysat for many neighborhood kids. I was amazed that each house in the neighborhood had a collection of Playboys sitting out on coffee tables, or in a bookcase or office. One family Dad, had a collection of all of them starting with Marilyn Monroe #1. It was interesting to go through the years and see the changes in styles, clothing, bathing suits and nudity. The next door neighbor with 2 boys, also had Penthouse. It was more revealing. I waited till the kids were asleep, before looking at them. I also made sure to put them back in the same exact spot too. No such magazines existed in my parents house. A guy in High School had his whole locker lined with pinup pictures. The girls all thought he was a Perv.

#2970 1 year ago

In the depressing winter, when i get bummed, lonely whatever, I get this feeling that I can only describe as wanting to consume. Its been like that all my life, and has a lot to do with my drug/booze addictions, as well as obsessive compulsion. So In my older age, rather than dope, booze and hookers, I consume pfs and ebay goods (mostly coins).
So this week I scored lots of pfs. a month ago, I maxed out one card buying pfs and I said I was done, but I still had another card. Ha ha! jokes on them?
Anyway i got:
game of thrones
nos space shuttle
a sweet cpr flash gordon
Munsters pro which is beautiful. never played that game, but now I want to!
I swear there is one more, but I cant remember. All the better surprise when it shows up!

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

In the depressing winter, when i get bummed, lonely whatever, I get this feeling that I can only describe as wanting to consume. Its been like that all my life, and has a lot to do with my drug/booze addictions, as well as obsessive compulsion. So In my older age, rather than dope, booze and hookers, I consume pfs and ebay goods (mostly coins).
So this week I scored lots of pfs. a month ago, I maxed out one card buying pfs and I said I was done, but I still had another card. Ha ha! jokes on them?
Anyway i got:
game of thrones
nos space shuttle
a sweet cpr flash gordon
I swear there is one more, but I cant remember. All the better surprise when it shows up!

Let me know when you come across a TZ lol

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I do remember people complaining that the Musters code was too shallow for a modern home game, but you do love all the old games that didn't have all the modern code depth anyway, so that might be right up your alley. I don't have enough time on the machine to say either way, I maybe played a couple of games in my life on one.
There is a big difference between Pro and Premium: The premium has a secondary playfield underneath the main playfield with mini flippers and mini balls. Pretty cool gimmick, but I can see people getting tired of that quickly and the Pro may be ultimately the way to go.
I remember that one of the two was in black and white instead of in color and that one looked really sharp.

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I do remember people complaining that the Musters code was too shallow for a modern home game, but you do love all the old games that didn't have all the modern code depth anyway, so that might be right up your alley. I don't have enough time on the machine to say either way, I maybe played a couple of games in my life on one.
There is a big difference between Pro and Premium: The premium has a secondary playfield underneath the main playfield with mini flippers and mini balls. Pretty cool gimmick, but I can see people getting tired of that quickly and the Pro may be ultimately the way to go.
I remember that one of the two was in black and white instead of in color and that one looked really sharp.

I do like the older games, sys 80 is my fav, so I dont need deep rules. they are nice sometimes, but like LOTR and simpsons was too deep for me. didnt like either, and they are 2 of the best selling games in 20 years.
This one is a de-pop from a scratch down by the flipper save lanes. same place as that ghostbusters I fixed, so I know I can sand it out.
It looks like stern is trying to put me out of biznuz. The clear is amazing and the print is perfect. they really upped their game.

The Game of thrones looks awesome but is not dimpled come to find out so I can sell it for 475 and the avitar is amazing with a beautiful clear, drilled and dimpled I can sell for 650. Once they go up on the website and in the books they go up in price once I have to pay taxes on them

20230318_130812 (resized).jpg20230318_130812 (resized).jpg20230318_130835 (resized).jpg20230318_130835 (resized).jpg20230318_130842 (resized).jpg20230318_130842 (resized).jpg20230318_132007 (resized).jpg20230318_132007 (resized).jpg20230318_132031 (resized).jpg20230318_132031 (resized).jpg
#2974 1 year ago

Gene at IPB used to prefer to sell the pfs at shows, so that people wouldnt be surprised when they opened the box. every IPB pf is different from another. KISS was his first pf reproduction, so he learned a lot on it. I think this pf is one of his first batch. so this is all of 20 years old. It looked pretty darn bad when it got here for a repro.
I didnt go crazy fixing the art on this pf because its so busy it really doesn't matter. I fixed 6 or 8 inserts that I couldnt live with and that was it.

I did dimple it after the clearcoat, and that came out perfect.

20230321_135249 (resized).jpg20230321_135249 (resized).jpg20230321_135336 (resized).jpg20230321_135336 (resized).jpg20230321_135359 (resized).jpg20230321_135359 (resized).jpg20230321_135405 (resized).jpg20230321_135405 (resized).jpg20230321_135409 (resized).jpg20230321_135409 (resized).jpg20230321_135417 (resized).jpg20230321_135417 (resized).jpg20230321_135436 (resized).jpg20230321_135436 (resized).jpg
#2975 1 year ago

That moment when your security cam catches FedEx hauling in your Kruzman playfield....

WOOHOO! (resized).pngWOOHOO! (resized).png
#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

That moment when your security cam catches FedEx hauling in your Kruzman playfield....[quoted image]

I am glad to see he is not dragging it!! thats a bulky heavy crate

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am glad to see he is not dragging it!! thats a bulky heavy crate

Same here ... I happen to catch the live feed as he was hoofing it up my steps. Guy looked exhausted by the time he hit the top step....

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Same here ... I happen to catch the live feed as he was hoofing it up my steps. Guy looked exhausted by the time he hit the top step....

Great catch. When is the picture pr0n of the PF?

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

That moment when your security cam catches FedEx hauling in your Kruzman playfield....[quoted image]

I'm going to imagine that watching a FedEx (Or any other) delivery driver hauling your Kruzman playfield crate up the walkway on a door cam has to be a pretty terrifying 30 seconds or so.

pleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdown

#2980 1 year ago

I have mentioned before that i suffer through issues of obsession and compulsion. If I start thinking of all of the opportunities for the pfs to get wrecked, my eyebrows will fall out.

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

my eyebrows will fall out.

All at once, or gradually?
Cause I'd kinda like to see it if it was all at once.

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I'm going to imagine that watching a FedEx (Or any other) delivery driver hauling your Kruzman playfield crate up the walkway on a door cam has to be a pretty terrifying 30 seconds or so.
pleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdownpleasejustsetitdown

Hehe… yeah, that’s the truth … albeit Ron’s crates are built to take a pretty good punishing.

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

All at once, or gradually?
Cause I'd kinda like to see it if it was all at once.

Well I figured my eyebrows were next, since the hair on my head all disappeared in less than 10 years. No balding in my genetics for 4 generations!!

I did date a girl after college who used to have to draw on eyebrows because she pulled them out due to OCD. I didnt even realize it until someone pointed it out. When I thought about it and tried giving them a tug, its actually a reasonable response to being stressed. Whatever it takes.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Hehe… yeah, that’s the truth … albeit Ron’s crates are built to take a pretty good punishing.

Agree, I have had two of Rons playfields delivered to me and one sent to him for a clear and in all three instances the arrived perfect. So either FedEx did a good job which I doubt they do or Ron’s crates do a hell of a job protecting (most likely)

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I did date a girl after college who used to have to draw on eyebrows because she pulled them out due to OCD. I didnt even realize it until someone pointed it out. When I thought about it and tried giving them a tug, its actually a reasonable response to being stressed.

Seems kind of rude to tug on her eyebrows to be honest.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seems kind of rude to tug on her eyebrows to be honest.

HAA! I did horrible things to her, but I didnt pull her eyebrows! haa

#2987 1 year ago

So I share my learned experience pretty freely with folks. This is one I have to balance all of the time, but lucky for this pf, it is owned by a friend, who has the patience to see the process thru.
This pf had a lot of cracks that developed in the top laminate after it was crafted. Its the wood (laminate) not the pf makers mistake. This does illustrate that plywood used before its dry will not look absolutely perfect, after it dries. So its all a matter of balance and doing what you can do.
I showed the pics of the cracks a month ago, and since then I sanded it visually flat with the sander. After I laid 2 coats it looked very flat when I used above light at an angle. That lasted for about a week then the cracks started showing in the clear, as it cured and shrunk.
So these pics are sanding after 2 coats and a month. The cracks came back, but only about 25% of the depth that they were. Now that I have some depth to the clear, I can sand it as deep as I need, to get rid of them.

I have found thru experience that there are 2 wait times (in a perfect world). There is waiting for the newly made pf to cure which includes the wood, ink, glue and clear. The second period of waiting is in the clear process, letting each coat, or in this case set of 2 coats, harden and shrink. Its always hard to quantify because the change or degree of change is always variable. There is no one solution. Its just a matter of how much time it is realistic and or convenient to wait, and invest in to the finish of the pf, which is just a part of a whole restoration.
Lately I have been leaning toward my process taking more time, because its frustrating a year down the line when the surface of the clear is no longer micro-perfectly flat.
I am talking about minuscule deviations from what I earlier saw as perfect, when I was done with the job.
Its natural to constantly try to improve my work as well as make it more efficient. I have to remind my crazy brain to be realistic on how much time to take on a job.

So I was taking some pics of a couple days of prep work, and saw a visual opportunity to show those cracks coming back but to a lesser extent. I ended up analyzing my work on a pf's clear as my contribution to the universe. I will not delete this one though because it shows the balance act of time. The clear is made so that a cars clear can be done in one day. If you apply another coat at the right time, it will melt in to the previous, and you can build it as high as you want. It will be dry to the touch and be able to be driven out of the shop the next morning. The more coats you add the longer it will take for the clear to fully cure. In the meantime curing in wood and clear usually means shrinking as the liquid molecules evaporate.

I am making something fairly straight forward complicated, but thats what we do when you do something long enough, and spend to much time alone.

20230324_153346 (resized).jpg20230324_153346 (resized).jpg20230324_153350 (resized).jpg20230324_153350 (resized).jpg20230324_153357 (resized).jpg20230324_153357 (resized).jpg20230324_153405 (resized).jpg20230324_153405 (resized).jpg20230324_153417 (resized).jpg20230324_153417 (resized).jpg20230324_154353 (resized).jpg20230324_154353 (resized).jpg
#2988 1 year ago

Some da sanding, and noticing some attention is necessary to the star roll overs on this paragon I am just getting started on.

20230324_164306 (resized).jpg20230324_164306 (resized).jpg20230324_164327 (resized).jpg20230324_164327 (resized).jpg20230324_164345 (resized).jpg20230324_164345 (resized).jpg20230324_173047 (resized).jpg20230324_173047 (resized).jpg
#2989 1 year ago

Even with all of the huge grow lights in my studio, nothing beats a sunny day's light. So I drag my work table out in the parking lot, where I can see much better and find all of the hidden little issues that will come up in installation or game play.

20230324_152522 (resized).jpg20230324_152522 (resized).jpg20230324_152541 (resized).jpg20230324_152541 (resized).jpg20230324_152558 (resized).jpg20230324_152558 (resized).jpg20230324_152610 (resized).jpg20230324_152610 (resized).jpg20230324_152624 (resized).jpg20230324_152624 (resized).jpg20230324_152649 (resized).jpg20230324_152649 (resized).jpg20230324_152706 (resized).jpg20230324_152706 (resized).jpg20230324_152829 (resized).jpg20230324_152829 (resized).jpg
#2990 1 year ago

Ever get in Avatar LE field
?

Beautiful Work as always

#2991 1 year ago

Looks awesome Ron

#2992 1 year ago

Any words of wisdom on here from you guys on drilling the roll pins for the flippers on a new playfield. My NOS TAF that Ron cleared for me does not have the holes pre drilled and I am shit scared about drilling those bastards in

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Any words of wisdom on here from you guys on drilling the roll pins for the flippers on a new playfield. My NOS TAF that Ron cleared for me does not have the holes pre drilled and I am shit scared about drilling those bastards in

I always have issue on weather or not I should drill them when I drill and dimple. I decide not for 2 reasons. the first is I am not sure they will be the right combo or place on this pf since I am working off a template from another, and they need to be exact.
The other issue is I dont use or like them.

Drilling out that kiss pf that I was totally done with the clear, was no problem at all. I would definitely use the glue after drilling them because of the nature of the pins pushing outward. It's made to want to grab the sides, if it is going to be moved.

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Ever get in Avatar LE field
?
Beautiful Work as always

I do have an avatar pro. Its a rare pf. I have never seen a prem. come up for sale.
good hunting.

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I always have issue on weather or not I should drill them when I drill and dimple. I decide not for 2 reasons. the first is I am not sure they will be the right combo or place on this pf since I am working off a template from another, and they need to be exact.
The other issue is I dont use or like them.
Drilling out that kiss pf that I was totally done with the clear, was no problem at all. I would definitely use the glue after drilling them because of the nature of the pins pushing outward. It's made to want to grab the sides, if it is going to be moved.

I have no issue not putting them in and honestly would save me from a mild heart attack while doing it. How do you line up the flippers otherwise

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I do have an avatar pro. Its a rare pf. I have never seen a prem. come up for sale.
good hunting.

All good

Thank
You

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I have no issue not putting them in and honestly would save me from a mild heart attack while doing it. How do you line up the flippers otherwise

I do it by eye, making the line continue straight thru the bottom edge of the flipper. Sometimes a straight edge, but mostly watching the ball roll and then adjust.

It would be a good question to ask someone like tommy skinner. he restores games, as well as routes games, and I know he makes his games right so they can have tournaments. next time I talk to him I will ask what he thinks. Daane in grand rapids or dayhuff in battle creek would be other opinions I would be interested in hearing.

I hate the way they attract dirt, get wax stuck in them, and also I have used them before and they were not right. (used the tooth pic as the tool).
Its an area that gets a HUGE amount of ball travel so if I can avoid making a hole there, and new edge to wear I would. I am not the master of tuning games though. I am not even goo at it. so I will shut up. I am good at cleaning them and the pins make waxing a pain.

#2998 1 year ago

I am usually focused on the back end of the flipper not causing the ball to bounce or stall. A nice smooth straight line off the rails.
sounds like pillow talk.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am usually focused on the back end of the flipper not causing the ball to bounce or stall. A nice smooth straight line off the rails.
sounds like pillow talk.

Haha, I am sure Dave or Bryan will have something to say about it

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Haha, I am sure Dave or Bryan will have something to say about it

I never put the roll pins in. There's honestly no need for them.

Line the flippers up with the inlane plastics so it's a straight line for the ball to roll. Once you have them both lined up, lift them up and make sure they raise the same distance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,566 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.