Topic Stats

• 4,557 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    51%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 31 votes
    37%

(83 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg
20240418_132419 (resized).jpg
20240418_132414 (resized).jpg
20240418_132351 (resized).jpg
IMG_1597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1634 (resized).jpeg
20240416_145204 (resized).jpg
20240416_145151 (resized).jpg
20240416_144619 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,557 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 92.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Ron? If I send 20 emails, will you put me in your will and as power of attorney? I promise to take good care of your inventory and the cat when you are gone. While I am at it, can I have you mothers maiden name, social number, bank statement, copy of drivers license and deed to your property. Is that asking too much? LOL. Just kidding of course. But I get emails all the time asking for similar info. Put a wooly beanie on your cold noggin and you will not be able to pull your hair so much.
I have yet to play on my NOS Dr. Who, but I love to take the blanket off and stare at how beautiful and shiny it is compared to 31-year-old routed PF next to it.[quoted image]

I always see things as an artistic statement, and it would be a super cool display to have your restored game, right next to a working routed game. I know we are suppose to be doing this for our own satisfaction. but some times you just want to show off how much you put in to it!!

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Do you think you would ever sell this EATPM? or can you say absolutely never. (even though we realize the word never is just hot air. You can never say never and it mean never)

Doubtful...but hard to say Never with these things. She's one of my first pinball loves, and my 4th swap. First System 11. And yeah...ramps add many levels of difficulty. On / Off, rinse and repeat.

Plans are to get the cabinet re-done this Spring/Summer. This one was bought as a player, but showed up as a basket case. Coin-Op Cauldron rebuilt the board set, I got it running and some guy in Michigan did the Clear Coat!

I can't wait to see how it plays...but, yeah. Should be lightning in a box.

Again. Thanks so much for your work on this one. Hopefully you will be doing a couple more PFs for me in the near future. Got a Screened FT set and a NOS BTTF that need the Ron Treatment.

#2753 1 year ago

wow a BTTF. Never owned a nos. cleared 1. thats a rare pf used or nos!!!
For some reason I had a used one stored in my bedroom. I would wake up and go to sleep looking at that pf. IMO, thats one ugly pf!

#2754 1 year ago

Forgot to add:

After 4 Swaps, I can say that installing a PF without your Install Kit is NOT the way to go. Those bits make drilling clearcoat a LOT less sketchy.

I use them both by hand and in my drill (rather than the Dremmel), as the drill has a tighter tolerance and no threat of skipping/hopping.

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Forgot to add:
After 4 Swaps, I can say that installing a PF without your Install Kit is NOT the way to go. Those bits make drilling clearcoat a LOT less sketchy.
I use them both by hand and in my drill (rather than the Dremmel), as the drill has a tighter tolerance and no threat of skipping/hopping.

Great idea, I have them skip around quite often!!
My clearcoar for sure. I dont know about now that he drills after the clear, but the mircos before that my kit is essential also.

I helped install a cpr ES without my clear, and we were not using the dremmil bits, but every pre drill was causing a 2mm halo of lift. the glue kit both got rid of the halo and locked it down. It was fasted to go at it that way..

some folks just wont listen though.

#2756 1 year ago

I went on a road trip this morning and picked up another pink panther. its so cool how big these sys 80 games are.
1152 sq inches when a medusa pf has 840. I picked medusa because it was about the same time.
Also checked out a dudes sweet ramcharger.

20230201_104412 (resized).jpg20230201_104412 (resized).jpg20230201_162635 (resized).jpg20230201_162635 (resized).jpg20230201_162648 (resized).jpg20230201_162648 (resized).jpg20230201_162658 (resized).jpg20230201_162658 (resized).jpg20230201_162710 (resized).jpg20230201_162710 (resized).jpg20230201_162725 (resized).jpg20230201_162725 (resized).jpg20230201_162743 (resized).jpg20230201_162743 (resized).jpg
#2757 1 year ago

In michigan, when I was a young man, every DNR and game warden, or state park employee, or county sheriff drove these. Dodge had a great contract with the gov it seemed like. This was the 4WD answer to the Crown Vic. which was what every-single cop and cabby drove (after checker went under in like 82ish. I didnt know until I moved here, but pre 1980 every Gibson Guitar and checker cab was built in kalamazoo mi.

#2758 1 year ago

Mr Guitarded shared a fantastic idea for using the kruzman pf install kit more efficiently.
When my special glue is loaded in the hypo, its much thinner than water, and a couple bad things can happen. It can drip, or the eye will get a little clogged from debris causing it to split or shoot off to the side, like a post-sex urine stream. (we are all adults here)
So he suggested keeping a piece of cardboard on the pf where you are working like a 15 inch "drop cloth" and the other part is, he uses card stock and uses a hole punch to put a hole in the center. He puts this over the hole or area he is going to drip the clear. Rather than just working over open pf. Its sounds so logical, but I never thought of it!

The install kits really help keep the heat and lights on in the winter in the studio.
It cost 100 shipped and comes with 12-15 different diamond bits specially picked out by me, and a stone to clean them when they get clogged up with a clear.
A inexpensive tool for measuring the diameter of screws and drill bits so you can know the size of the screw and use the drill bit that is one size smaller. Plus a glue kit which is an ounce of thinned out super glue, and 6 hypo needles to get the glue where you need it.

If you only used it to remove the clear out of the t nut holes and the pop bumper lug countersinks, you got your money's worth. Its so frustrating getting t nuts thru a bunch of clearcoat, and you have to get the heads of the pop bumper lugs to sit flush with the surface of the clear. Plus if you have the lugs with the jagged collar you want to measure those 2 diameters for pre drill. (the inexpensive measuring tool)

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Mr Guitarded shared a fantastic idea for using the kruzman pf install kit more efficiently.
When my special glue is loaded in the hypo, its much thinner than water, and a couple bad things can happen. It can drip, or the eye will get a little clogged from debris causing it to split or shoot off to the side, like a post-sex urine stream. (we are all adults here)
So he suggested keeping a piece of cardboard on the pf where you are working like a 15 inch "drop cloth" and the other part is, he uses card stock and uses a hole punch to put a hole in the center. He puts this over the hole or area he is going to drip the clear. Rather than just working over open pf. Its sounds so logical, but I never thought of it!
The install kits really help keep the heat and lights on in the winter in the studio.
It cost 100 shipped and comes with 12-15 different diamond bits specially picked out by me, and a stone to clean them when they get clogged up with a clear.
A inexpensive tool for measuring the diameter of screws and drill bits so you can know the size of the screw and use the drill bit that is one size smaller. Plus a glue kit which is an ounce of thinned out super glue, and 6 hypo needles to get the glue where you need it.
If you only used it to remove the clear out of the t nut holes and the pop bumper lug countersinks, you got your money's worth. Its so frustrating getting t nuts thru a bunch of clearcoat, and you have to get the heads of the pop bumper lugs to sit flush with the surface of the clear. Plus if you have the lugs with the jagged collar you want to measure those 2 diameters for pre drill. (the inexpensive measuring tool)

Hey man, I can’t remember if these came with any specific set of instructions. I am about to start populating the TAF you did for me and am going to need to buy a kit soon.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Hey man, I can’t remember if these came with any specific set of instructions. I am about to start populating the TAF you did for me and am going to need to buy a kit soon.

They’re here in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/35#post-6769789

#2761 1 year ago

I just got a good question from someone who is going to populate a stock repro pf and is going to use the kit. Dave macy and others have done more swapps than me, but he asked if he has to remove the clear around post holes that have a t nut under them.
I say yes, ream the clear off the edges of the hole so that next year when you pull out that post on some repair or wax, and its a humid day and the threads catch the lip of clear and lifts it up. screw that. use the football or round head. to get the clear off the edges of the hole.

On the production cleares, the spray hardly makes it down the shaft of the post hole at all.. BUT there is often a lip of clear around it that is a smaller diameter than the hole its self, because clear grabs edges and builds

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got a good question from someone who is going to populate a stock repro pf and is going to use the kit. Dave macy and others have done more swapps than me, but he asked if he has to remove the clear around post holes that have a t nut under them.
I say yes, ream the clear off the edges of the hole so that next year when you pull out that post on some repair or wax, and its a humid day and the threads catch the lip of clear and lifts it up. screw that. use the football or round head. to get the clear off the edges of the hole.
On the production cleares, the spray hardly makes it down the shaft of the post hole at all.. BUT there is often a lip of clear around it that is a smaller diameter than the hole its self, because clear grabs edges and builds

Agree Ron. It’s better safe then sorry to prep even T nut hole with your kit. It certainly won’t hurt anything.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I went on a road trip this morning and picked up another pink panther. its so cool how big these sys 80 games are.
1152 sq inches when a medusa pf has 840. I picked medusa because it was about the same time.
Also checked out a dudes sweet ramcharger.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love this playfield. Not sure if it’s nostalgia or the color palette … just love it. A big beautiful work of art.

#2764 1 year ago

Thank you sir. I didn’t realize you should shoot glue in every hole

#2765 1 year ago

Yeah, pretty much anywhere you turn a screw into a clear coated playfield you should. IMHO

#2766 1 year ago

Yep Ron.

I have been using a brand new manilla envelope on each PF swap.
One side I keep whole and use as my home base while I do a section of PF. A place to put things down, like bits, small rags etc.
The other side I cut into squares of asst'd sizes and I punch a hole in the center of each one. Then I set them up over a series of holes and slowly work through them and move on to the next batch. Keeps me from getting spastic by trying to do too many at once.

Another good thing I learned was that a tiny bit of Vaseline or grease will keep that syringe cover from gluing itself shut. If you store the syringe vertically and manage to keep yourself from welding the cap to the syringe, you can get a good 2-3 days out of each needlesful of Ron's Juice.

#2767 1 year ago

I like using the transfer pipette and they hold Ron's Juice for weeks. I have a ton of them, so that's why I use them.

#2768 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I like using the transfer pipette and they hold Ron's Juice for weeks. I have a ton of them, so that's why I use them.

I bought a bunch of those pipettes for when I use a thicker mix of glue, but I can never get a trustable seal between the bottle top and the pipette.

So the vaseline trick is an old junkie trick. they put the plunger in their ear for a little ear wax. Some states make it illegal to buy hypodermics without a prescription. This is not going to stop someone who has all ready made the decision to inject them self with street drugs. It only makes the community pay for the hospitalization of people without insurance when they get hepatitis or aids (both very expensive diseases)

Vaseline is a little less gross.

Of course I acknowledge the horrible physical pain involved with the diseases I mentioned. I have learned thru the years the best way to get people to care about other people, that they usually will not, is thru their pocket book.

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Love this playfield. Not sure if it’s nostalgia or the color palette … just love it. A big beautiful work of art.

I also like the deep color of the inserts. When you highlight them with good LED's they are like gems.

#2770 1 year ago

What do you guys do on your Kruzman cleared playfields as far as protectors. If it’s a home use only game do you still go full on cliffy’s or do you leave it all stock.

#2771 1 year ago

Depends on the title and customer. They sometimes do affect the ball. I do not have one on my own TAF chair scoop fwiw. No wear after a few thousand plays and years.

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Depends on the title and customer. They sometimes do affect the ball. I do not have one on my own TAF chair scoop fwiw. No wear after a few thousand plays and years.

It’s my own personal game and it also is a TAF. I never liked the look of the protectors and always subscribed to the thought that in my house were it’s only my friends and family playing I wouldn’t think the chair, swamp and thing hole would get chewed up.

Other games are IJ, TZ, TOM and T2

#2773 1 year ago

I go Raw Dog on all my PFs.

No matter how beautiful they each are, they are there to be played.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What do you guys do on your Kruzman cleared playfields as far as protectors. If it’s a home use only game do you still go full on cliffy’s or do you leave it all stock.

I still use them...but let cliffy know and he'll bend them to account for the thicker playfield clearcoat...and you may have to shim the lower "clip" a bit...you don't want the protector too tight as it won't fit right...

#2775 1 year ago

I went full Cliffys on my Dr Who and did not have any fitment problems. With the raising and lowering of the Mini-Playfield in the middle of the PF it is a serious problem of during multiball that balls will either hit/smash the front of the MPF in mid-movement of get jammed between the MPF and PF as it is going down. This will lead to serious instant wear between the PF and MPF edges. Also on my old PF, I noticed how where the ball ejects from the ball trough is another serious wear area.

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I went full Cliffys on my Dr Who and did not have any fitment problems. With the raising and lowering of the Mini-Playfield in the middle of the PF it is a serious problem of during multiball that balls will either hit/smash the front of the MPF in mid-movement of get jammed between the MPF and PF as it is going down. This will lead to serious instant wear between the PF and MPF edges. Also on my old PF, I noticed how where the ball ejects from the ball trough is another serious wear area.

..all depends on how they're secured to the playfield, the ones that wrap around to the bottom and have a clip that holds it there were the ones I had an issue with...so Cliff just bent them a little longer for me...

#2777 1 year ago

I like to see mylar pads where balls get dropped on the pf.
For known high wear areas like on a DE GnR axl hole, I used to get this great "removable mylar is what I called it" It was an office supplies product and about 2/3 the thickness of pinball mylar. You could custom make protectors and since it wasnt super glossy, it was very very hard to notice installed.
I hate condoms and I hate mylar. Both are good at their job, but I still hate them.
What I loved about the stuff I used to use, was after 2 years when you are ready to do a serious pf clean, you could pull it off with no adhesive sticking to the pf, and make a new one after cleaning the pf.

The key to really making it "invisible" was keeping in mind your edges. thats the only place that will cause it to be noticed, either from change of sheen or dirt around the edge. so I pull off the plastics and make my edges go under plastics where I could. Otherwise I cut so the edges sat on a key line. Since cause the eye to accept the break or change, the mylar edge, which is very minimal went unnoticed.
I am not talking about regular mylar here but the stuff I used to use and sell, but I couldnt find it any more. I havent looked in a couple years. if you think I should try to carry this again, let me know. I think I sold it for 5 bucks for 3 sheets. Its was cheap enough that the shipping was more than the product, so great to throw in with a pf.

#2778 1 year ago

So I am baby sitting my sisters ac/dc, and I bought it new when it came out. it didnt have mylar in the pop bumper area, so I made a custom mylar with the removable stuff I was talking about. I just got a flash light, and its still there! You cant see it without knowing its there , and using a flash light. Its ready to be changed, but thats 10 years!!
I think I am going to see if I can find some to use on my new godzilla and playboy

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I noticed the protector on your mini pf. Its looks very cool. I like the edge protectors that cliffy makes. They look very nice installed. If one is installed in front of a drop target, its not going to effect the ball roll. Its all depends on the place and title you are using it on.

I have had one or 2 people tell me that the mantis protectors didnt protect the edge of the ball hole from kick out, but I dont know if they had their stuff installed right or their protector installed right.

I have had people experience probs with cliffy's protector not fitting good on my clear, so it is a good idea to tell him, so he can adjust it. Until now I didnt know that was an option. That was the biggest reason I didnt recommend them. Either way, this is another opportunity to promote the KRUZMAN PLAYFIELD INSTALL KIT. You can use it to get rid of any lip of clear inside the hole, and also use it to remove clear anywhere you need to so you dont force either a mantis or a cliffy protector.

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

For known high wear areas like on a DE GnR axl hole, I used to get this great "removable mylar is what I called it" It was an office supplies product and about 2/3 the thickness of pinball mylar. You could custom make protectors and since it wasnt super glossy, it was very very hard to notice installed.
I hate condoms and I hate mylar. Both are good at their job, but I still hate them.
What I loved about the stuff I used to use, was after 2 years when you are ready to do a serious pf clean, you could pull it off with no adhesive sticking to the pf, and make a new one after cleaning the pf.
The key to really making it "invisible" was keeping in mind your edges. thats the only place that will cause it to be noticed, either from change of sheen or dirt around the edge. so I pull off the plastics and make my edges go under plastics where I could. Otherwise I cut so the edges sat on a key line. Since cause the eye to accept the break or change, the mylar edge, which is very minimal went unnoticed.
I am not talking about regular mylar here but the stuff I used to use and sell, but I couldnt find it any more. I havent looked in a couple years. if you think I should try to carry this again, let me know. I think I sold it for 5 bucks for 3 sheets. Its was cheap enough that the shipping was more than the product, so great to throw in with a pf.

I still have some of these low tack Mylar sheets, but will put in a vote if you are able to find more, I’d order some more as it’s been working great and is a great alternative and easier to remove solution than traditional Mylar.

Hope you are doing well Ron, stay safe and warm my friend.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Yes!!! I was definitely planning on putting Mylar under the ball drops.

I also vote for the low stick Mylar if you can find it again. I will buy some from you.

#2782 1 year ago

I had bought mylar precut for my game from Ebay, a guy in Germany. When I redid my restore on my first pinball, I pulled the old dirty mylar off and cleaned off the gummy the PF. I put the new mylar on. There was enough excess mylar to use on my Kruzman cleared PF on the ball drop areas and the MPF.

#2783 1 year ago

The weather is suppose to change today, and get back above 32. There is only about 5 inch of really hard snow since its been below O at night for 7 days now. Yesterday the wind chill was 10 below in the middle of the day. so as soon as the snow melts I can get back to sanding, spraying clear and polishing. My compressor lines freeze up as well as my sander when its below 25.
I am chomping at the bit to get to work and make some money. I have a stack of 6 or 7 pfs packed up and ready to ship. I dont want them sitting in a trailer for a couple days when its this cold, so they will go out mon, or tue at the latest
sttng/cp
apollo13
fathom
cant remember the others.

anyway sorry for the delay. weather man says next 7 days are all good for all parts of work, and shipping.

#2784 1 year ago

I havent posted any pics for a while cuz of the weather.
The 3 stern pfs I have cleared the most are (in order)
lotr
simpsons
monopoly
I did this about4 maybe 5 years ago. Since then its gone to the west coast and back. I just got it back from the fella I did it for originally, and it looks like I wet block sanded it yesterday. Some pfs move around a little in the years after clearing, and some a lot if they were new/fresh when I did them. Usually I need to run the polisher over them for a sec. This is how it came out of the box. price is 1150 or trade plus or minus.
For reference the clear on this cost 700$

20230205_132823 (resized).jpg20230205_132823 (resized).jpg20230205_132833 (resized).jpg20230205_132833 (resized).jpg20230205_132845 (resized).jpg20230205_132845 (resized).jpg20230205_132912 (resized).jpg20230205_132912 (resized).jpg20230205_132923 (resized).jpg20230205_132923 (resized).jpg
#2785 1 year ago

My 2 cents says you definitely should offer; I'd buy a bunch of sheets. I too looked for these a few years back prior to installing a playfield protector and had no luck tracking down a seller of this product.

#2786 1 year ago

This kind of makes me laugh. its the list of new/nos/restored pfs. I always forget a couple
circus voltaire IPB repro
Jurrasic park stern pro
Alice cooper
Batman 66
deadpool
Demo Man NOS tweeked and cleared by me
Earthshaker really nice cpr repro
Guns and roses JJP updated
Safecracker NOS tweeked and cleared by me
Houdini
Medusa cpr gold
Monopoly cleared by me
mata hari cpr gold cleared by me with hardwood side rails and plastic set
No good gophers german repro
rocky and buwwlinkle restored/cleared by me like new
Rolling Stones nos bally
Scared stiff IPB cleared by HSA very nice
seawitch greatwich repro
Sharkys shootout restored/cleared by me
007 gottlieb NOS
Tales of arabian nights cpr gold
Wiz of OZ
AC?DC pro
Avengers infinity quest LE/premium
Batman dark night
Bumper pool
car hop
corvette NOS
csi stern
Fathom halifax repro
fathom cpr gold repro with starburst inserts!!
Gieger pfs for mata hair and harlem globetrotters
Harley Davidson stern nos
Hurricane nos
Iron man stern nos
Monte carlo gottlieb nos
Nitro ground shaker cpr gold/ plastic set available
NO FEAR nos
Popeye nos
Road show nos
Speakeasy nos resin pf
Spiderman stern nos
Spring Break nos
Star wars episode 1 nos
The hobbit nos
Rolling Stones stern LE/Prem
Simpsons pin party stern NOS
The Shadow cpr gold w plastic set
Transformers stern nos LE/premium
wheel of fortune nos
willy wonka nos
Pink Panther gottlieb NOS
Total nuclear antihalation NOS
dirty harry nos
monopoly nos
safecracker nos
stern stingray NOS

#2787 1 year ago

Wish you had a rollergames playfield. I’ve been waiting to restore mine but the playfield is shot.

#2788 1 year ago

Hi Ron… Any chance you have a Centigrade 37 playfield sitting around not good enough to clear but you don’t want to throw away that you may part with? I’ve been looking for a worn one for another project unrelated to restoring a game. I built a pretty cool Telecaster out of a worn fathom playfield and have been itching to do a Gibson Les Paul out of a C37.

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Hi Ron… Any chance you have a Centigrade 37 playfield sitting around not good enough to clear but you don’t want to throw away that you may part with? I’ve been looking for a worn one for another project unrelated to restoring a game. I built a pretty cool Telecaster out of a worn fathom playfield and have been itching to do a Gibson Les Paul out of a C37.

Oh man! I would love to help in a project like that. I am just goofy for les paul's. They were made here until about 1981? I forget when gibby closed. A couple of the employees are still alive and in town. They did heritage guitars for a little while. A guy named pete merino, is the go to guy for repair, and he used to work there.
ANYWAY, no I dont. I have a big stash of older pfs that I would like to restore some time, but prob wont since they dont sell and especially not for my price. as well as some that will never restore. Heck I bought a team one from here on pinside, because I like the colors, and I like the game, though I dont like sports or soccer.

There is a furniture company here in west mi called herman miller. They were the pioneers in the 50's and 60's of making high quality stuff from plywood. I absolutely love it. I dated a chick that worked there and they have a company store, where employees can buy like scratch and dents for next to nothing. I got my table and bar stools from there. Back before the cops raided the compound in 08, most of my furniture was herman miller, heywood wakefield, and steelcase. In 1970 there were over 30,000 furniture makers in west mich, now less than 3000 total employees. I forget why I am talking about it. Oh plywood.

#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Back before the cops raided the compound in 08, most of my furniture was herman miller, heywood wakefield, and steelcase. In 1970 there were over 30,000 furniture makers in west mich, now less than 3000 total employees. I forget why I am talking about it. Oh plywood.

Isn’t that sad? People rather overpay for particle board trash with a faux wood vinyl wrap that gets shipped across the globe instead. When I was in school in the 90s I took wood shop and I still build a lot of our furniture today, now classes like that aren’t even offered here. Oh well at least kids know how to tick tock their facebox and download japanimu or whatever.

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Oh man! I would love to help in a project like that. I am just goofy for les paul's. They were made here until about 1981? I forget when gibby closed. A couple of the employees are still alive and in town. They did heritage guitars for a little while. A guy named pete merino, is the go to guy for repair, and he used to work there.
ANYWAY, no I dont. I have a big stash of older pfs that I would like to restore some time, but prob wont since they dont sell and especially not for my price. as well as some that will never restore. Heck I bought a team one from here on pinside, because I like the colors, and I like the game, though I dont like sports or soccer.
There is a furniture company here in west mi called herman miller. They were the pioneers in the 50's and 60's of making high quality stuff from plywood. I absolutely love it. I dated a chick that worked there and they have a company store, where employees can buy like scratch and dents for next to nothing. I got my table and bar stools from there. Back before the cops raided the compound in 08, most of my furniture was herman miller, heywood wakefield, and steelcase. In 1970 there were over 30,000 furniture makers in west mich, now less than 3000 total employees. I forget why I am talking about it. Oh plywood.

Thanks for the reply! Did not know they were made in Michigan, very cool! If I ever find C37 I’ll post pics of the finished guitar here for you to check out! Here is one of my Fathomcaster.

2E0D8A43-65DD-4FD0-B0A5-E416550C183E (resized).jpeg2E0D8A43-65DD-4FD0-B0A5-E416550C183E (resized).jpegF31325E2-79D6-4F5D-80E8-65EECDDD4CB7 (resized).jpegF31325E2-79D6-4F5D-80E8-65EECDDD4CB7 (resized).jpeg
#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Thanks for the reply! Did not know they were made in Michigan, very cool! If I ever find C37 I’ll post pics of the finished guitar here for you to check out! Here is one of my Fathomcaster.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So impressed!

#2793 1 year ago

today is the first day it is dry enough to open the big door and sand out side. I took a couple progress shots. On the tron, its a nerve wracking job to sand because if I hit the ink its done. there is no touching up that kind of art/pf. I took some pics of when I have the light outside I can see the reflection of the low spots in the pf. Either the texture of the wood, or the height of several layers of ink. Its so important to get it all. This is just da sanding. I will do hand sanding after, since I can do it in or outside.

20230208_124940 (resized).jpg20230208_124940 (resized).jpg20230208_140825 (resized).jpg20230208_140825 (resized).jpg20230208_140836 (resized).jpg20230208_140836 (resized).jpg20230208_142500 (resized).jpg20230208_142500 (resized).jpg20230208_142748 (resized).jpg20230208_142748 (resized).jpg20230208_143905 (resized).jpg20230208_143905 (resized).jpg
#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

today is the first day it is dry enough to open the big door and sand out side. I took a couple progress shots. On the tron, its a nerve wracking job to sand because if I hit the ink its done. there is no touching up that kind of art/pf. I took some pics of when I have the light outside I can see the reflection of the low spots in the pf. Either the texture of the wood, or the height of several layers of ink. Its so important to get it all. This is just da sanding. I will do hand sanding after, since I can do it in or outside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhh nice Tron

#2796 1 year ago

WOW! Ron You are the Man!! Solar Fire looking great.

B

#2797 1 year ago

Getting closer to getting the Kruzmanified WCS up and running soon. Just have ramps left to clean up and install. Debating getting new ones, we'll just see how bad my current ones look when I can peel the filthy decals off and clean them up. Can't wait! (Forgive the dank images).

PXL_20230209_034114103 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034114103 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230209_034132766 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034132766 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230209_034139719 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034139719 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230209_034146757 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034146757 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230209_034153834 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034153834 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230209_034205495 (resized).jpgPXL_20230209_034205495 (resized).jpg

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Getting closer to getting the Kruzmanified WCS up and running soon. Just have ramps left to clean up and install. Debating getting new ones, we'll just see how bad my current ones look when I can peel the filthy decals off and clean them up. Can't wait! (Forgive the dank images).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So clean!

#2799 1 year ago

I never really thought about it, but that WCS game restored is going to be a really collectable game. When enough time goes by and the subject is still popular (in this case WAY more popular in the usa). Next year will be 30 years. I know after all of the time involved in restoring a game, selling it is the last thing on your mind, but when you pass away or get divorced, your kids or wife will have fun selling it. HA! JK
I often think about the subject of whats going to happen when I die, to the compound and the stuff in it. The sad thing is my sister wont want to live here because her kids are on the east side of the state. She has a pretty good idea of the pinball world. Not the prices or anything, but she knows they are valuable since she owns 2 games. As for my all-Tube hi-fi system, or the 1956 graded ms67 type B Washington quarter in my collection, There are going to be some vulchers circling this place. That guy who said back in 1980 "the man who dies with the most toys wins" was obviously young, broke and stupid.
Anyway besides being a game that is a great design, and in perfect condition, it marks a historical event. So every time the world cup is going to happen the buz on this game will get louder. Since I am not a sports person, I just realized this year that the game is not just a soccer game but celebrates the 94 world cup in america. I did not know. I wouldnt doubt it if everyone has already known this. A duh?

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did you add the light-can on the left sling? Most games will benefit from having more light around the flippers, so I do that also. I noticed on my godzilla that stern got smart and added lights in the apron facing the flippers. Its a personal preference, but I really dig the colors on WCS, the goalie is very cool and I really like the lit up, roll over buttons on the way to that shot. I dont think any other game used those? I am always worried about getting clear in there when I spray, but that is what the "kruzman pf install kit" is for!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,557 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/56?hl=sunarf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.