20211129_150625 (resized).jpg
20211129_150613 (resized).jpg
20211129_093136 (resized).jpg
20211129_093118 (resized).jpg
01E1A0F7-0CD4-4722-B8A4-BE6FD5D3F677 (resized).jpeg
BF0CFB2F-0A12-4929-8535-5BAD4FBC7D26 (resized).jpeg
20211124_142619 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 33.
#1351 3 months ago

I ran across a pf for sale with my clear on it, and looks like it was sold.
If you ever decide not to use a pf I have worked on, Please feel free to contact me about buying it. You may not even have to put it up for sale. I always want control of my work, when I can.

#1352 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Sorry guys its just too hot and humid out to work on pfs. I am gonna hold up, in the basement for a while I guess.

It’s been brutal in the Northeast too. Can’t get much of anything done.

#1353 3 months ago

Yesterday I made good use of the stupid heat. I have a little ac unit in the art room of my studio, so I could get it livable in there, and I worked on paint work on the ps's waiting for paint work. It was one of those days where all of the colors I had to use were the really hard to match stuff. Especially blues. the ones that are not opaque, but have a sharp edge to them besides the color. Since it was so humid my paint was taking a long time to dry, as i added pigment, and waited to see how it looks. So I blew about 3 hours matching 3 colors, and I am not sure if they are right or not.
Jungle lord, paragon, demo man, and DEWWF.
I finished the jungle lord. I screwed up and got the paint and all of the clear done on the main pf and forgot about the mini. oops

#1354 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

By the way, the JJ pirates of the Caribbean CE pf that I finished and posted a couple days ago, is for sale. if interested contact me and I will give you his info. Thats the extent of my involvement with the sale. I like to help.

I am buying it it looks awesome and now I can enjoy my machine without worrying

#1355 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I am buying it it looks awesome and now I can enjoy my machine without worrying

very cool. It will make a beautiful wall hanger until you install it. Please dont store it with pressure on the clear side, and when you do install, contact me for an install kit. Enjoy. I really wanted it, I am no where even close to being able to afford that pf.

#1356 3 months ago

here is a mirco Black hole lower pf that I painted a bunch of UV paint on the stars and comets. The owner is going to add a black light. Its the first time, but I bet its going to look really cool

20210827_095854 (resized).jpg
#1357 3 months ago

That BH just has one coat to see how it looks. same as the JL top pf. I had to paint all of the inserts on this

20210825_142442 (resized).jpg20210827_095820 (resized).jpg
#1358 3 months ago

This is the Bsd repro that had the top laminate bubbling up. I drilled holes, used a hypo to inject glue. After the laminate was glued down, I filled the holes with dowel. I am going to mask the area and do 4 coats in just that area, (2 then sand 2 then sand) and then do 2 over it all to blend it all together. Then sand it flat again , polish, clean, ship, get paid!

20210820_162313 (resized).jpg
#1359 3 months ago

This is that centaur repro that came with plugs in the star inserts. They were set in with clear (they were suppose to be removed when it was wet at cpr). I got them cut out without breaking anything but there is still too much clear to get the white stars in. Evidently the plugs are to protect the delicate center tabs of these inserts. So I used the handy dandy kruzman install kit to grind them open enough to get the white stars in. The pics are suppose to show that the stars wont fit in. I havent got a pic of after the clean out and reclear, but it got cleared yesterday.

20210820_145214 (resized).jpg20210823_183502 (resized).jpg20210823_183514 (resized).jpg
#1360 3 months ago

This is a nos DEWWF main pf that I painted the black, and I just have to paint the blue spider web area on the left side, where you can see the edge of a round insert. I think I have the color matched finally. The hard part about matching colors is many times the stock colors are a bit transparent and you can see the other colors coming thru, or they used one color over another to make a third. In this case the color is super hard to match because there is depth to it because you can see thru it to the other color.
In most cases its best to paint the entire area of that color. Then it matches.

20210827_095846 (resized).jpg
#1361 3 months ago

If you magnify you can see above the undertaker, there is a grave stone and right above that in the blue.

If anyone around me has this game and wants to sell some day, please let me know. My buddy r. cheek had one and I had never played it because I didnt like wrestling. This summer A and E did bio's on all of the big wrestlers from the day and I found it really really interesting and now I am getting in to Wrastlin.

#1362 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

here is a mirco Black hole lower pf that I painted a bunch of UV paint on the stars and comets. The owner is going to add a black light. Its the first time, but I bet its going to look really cool
[quoted image]

Now that I see this pic for the first time, I can see which little white things I painted. I did 2 thich double coats of the material because I wanted it to be super bright,

#1363 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

very cool. It will make a beautiful wall hanger until you install it. Please dont store it with pressure on the clear side, and when you do install, contact me for an install kit. Enjoy. I really wanted it, I am no where even close to being able to afford that pf.

thanks. Can you tell me your preferred way of hanging these securely?

#1364 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

There is a lot of ways, depending on your place and how you want to show the pf. since I change my pfs as they come and go (sometimes they last 6 months, sometimes a year or more) I built a nice shelf out of a 1x4 and crown trim.

I have worked on many many pfs with dry wall screw holes in them. almost all of genes collection of nos pfs, that was sold to rick had these holes. They arent a problem to fill before clearing, but its not necessary.

One was is to place the pf where you want it, and pick a couple of the existing cut outs and screw some screws (with anchors) in to your wall, and let them hang on those. I have seen people use fishing line in front of window walls. There are millions of great ideas.
Dayhuff has some super cool, wired light-boxes with Back glasses in them. Its endless. the thing to keep in mind is if you have them at less than 90 deg you need to watch for them to warp. Although a little warp is nothing. pfs warp like crazy thru the change of seasons. They are designed to sit in the cab, with the weight, even if they are warped.

On that pf that I just cleared, I say this all of the time. Installed or not, get your self a spray bottle of meguires quick wax, and some micro fiber towels. keep your micro fiber towels in zip locs to keep the dust out of them. Each of my games has its own 2 micro fiber towels in a zip loc in the cab. One for wiping on the quick wax and one for polishing out. Once they get dirty throw them away, or use them to check your oil. They cant be washed and reused in my experience. These cheap recycled pop bottles are so much better than even the softest cotton. I have one in a zip loc that I clean my glasses with, and after about 2 years it time to get another, because its dirty.

I think it was about 4 years ago, I was up in holland. I remember the house, but I dont remember if I was buying a game or what, and we had a 4.2 earth quake and the epicenter was GALESBURG!!! the little shit hole the compound is located!!I felt it up in holland which is about 80 miles away. when I got home several pfs were on the floor as well as a 3 ft cast iron ornament that goes on top of a big gate. I had it set in top of the trip of my window. It fell right on the head of the bed then the ground to break. it would have split my brains all over the place, if I were sleeping at the time.

This is the first weekend I have not worked (except for health reasons) in a very long time. The heat index was 106 yesterday. The meds I take make me sweat as it is, which is why I am always wearing a bandanna. (its not because I think tommy chong is awesome, which he is) If I dont, I drip all over everything I am working on and thats so gross. So right now at 1.45, its 85 deg F and the humidity is actually down to 77%. It will be 92-94 deg in a couple hrs, no problem.
My point is I am not getting crap accomplished in the last week and it sucks, because I dont get paid until the jobs are done, and often not then either. I have 2 pfs with no owners.

Mirco IJ repro set
IPB funhouse that I drilled and dimpled plus cleared.

The good news is tomorrow the humidity is suppose to go down so tuesday will be nice. That is if the cute hippy chick weather woman is correct. I have such a crush on her. They do the weather like every 6 minutes in the morning and I turn her on every morning. She always wears a dress. She is like 6 foot, and rather than the typical american "budweiser ad girl" twig, she is awesome!

so I may start a new pin thread on christina anthony. It appears she is currently married, but those marriages never work. Although I dont know if she is in to old bald, wrecked, geezer, pin-heads with plenty o baggage, but why not?
I guess I will watch for a restraining order soon

So this weather is making things a little slow, but I will be ready to rock soon as it cools off a bit.

#1365 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Frame it or use the plastic clips that hold mirrors. Does no damage at all.

7C731D9A-2708-46AC-8CD1-7062495DE33C (resized).jpeg
#1366 3 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Frame it or use the plastic clips that hold mirrors. Does no damage at all.
[quoted image]

Beautiful!!!
Pfs are functioning High-art!!!!!

#1367 3 months ago

I'm in between restro projects and would love to add one of your playfields - do you have an updated inventory list?

#1368 3 months ago

Good morning it is fairly updated at pinballplayfieldskruzman.com
I need to go thru the website and the inventory this week and make sure everything is up. For example the price on the alice cooper is wrong. I will get it tightened up this week. thank you.

#1369 3 months ago

I am excited to be done with this one, I really dig the bold colors and the simple art. You cant hide flaws on a pf like this.

20210831_124503 (resized).jpg20210831_124517 (resized).jpg20210831_124532 (resized).jpg20210831_124538 (resized).jpg20210831_124546 (resized).jpg20210831_124553 (resized).jpg20210831_124618 (resized).jpg
#1370 3 months ago

That is a beaut! Man I can't wait to get that bad boy installed. Looks so good, thanks bud.
B

#1371 3 months ago

Looks like a run of nice weather our way Ron! Should be good to work your magic!

#1372 3 months ago
Quoted from Gort:

Looks like a run of nice weather our way Ron! Should be good to work your magic!

I am so thankful for this normal weather. For the whole week kristina forecasts high 80 low 55. Thats almost L.A. weather. I tried to get those clouds to focus. The tighter the reflection without distortion, shows how flat and perfect the surface is.

After I spray the last coats on a pf it looks beautiful, and you would think its done, but when you see it after blocking it to 3k, then you know the difference. one is shiney and one is a mirror.

#1373 3 months ago

what happened to his left foot? I am eating a snac and dont have my glasses on, but his foot looks odd.

#1374 3 months ago

Peg leg space man.

#1375 3 months ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There is a lot of ways, depending on your place and how you want to show the pf. since I change my pfs as they come and go (sometimes they last 6 months, sometimes a year or more) I built a nice shelf out of a 1x4 and crown trim.
I have worked on many many pfs with dry wall screw holes in them. almost all of genes collection of nos pfs, that was sold to rick had these holes. They arent a problem to fill before clearing, but its not necessary.
One was is to place the pf where you want it, and pick a couple of the existing cut outs and screw some screws (with anchors) in to your wall, and let them hang on those. I have seen people use fishing line in front of window walls. There are millions of great ideas.
Dayhuff has some super cool, wired light-boxes with Back glasses in them. Its endless. the thing to keep in mind is if you have them at less than 90 deg you need to watch for them to warp. Although a little warp is nothing. pfs warp like crazy thru the change of seasons. They are designed to sit in the cab, with the weight, even if they are warped.
On that pf that I just cleared, I say this all of the time. Installed or not, get your self a spray bottle of meguires quick wax, and some micro fiber towels. keep your micro fiber towels in zip locs to keep the dust out of them. Each of my games has its own 2 micro fiber towels in a zip loc in the cab. One for wiping on the quick wax and one for polishing out. Once they get dirty throw them away, or use them to check your oil. They cant be washed and reused in my experience. These cheap recycled pop bottles are so much better than even the softest cotton. I have one in a zip loc that I clean my glasses with, and after about 2 years it time to get another, because its dirty.
I think it was about 4 years ago, I was up in holland. I remember the house, but I dont remember if I was buying a game or what, and we had a 4.2 earth quake and the epicenter was GALESBURG!!! the little shit hole the compound is located!!I felt it up in holland which is about 80 miles away. when I got home several pfs were on the floor as well as a 3 ft cast iron ornament that goes on top of a big gate. I had it set in top of the trip of my window. It fell right on the head of the bed then the ground to break. it would have split my brains all over the place, if I were sleeping at the time.
This is the first weekend I have not worked (except for health reasons) in a very long time. The heat index was 106 yesterday. The meds I take make me sweat as it is, which is why I am always wearing a bandanna. (its not because I think tommy chong is awesome, which he is) If I dont, I drip all over everything I am working on and thats so gross. So right now at 1.45, its 85 deg F and the humidity is actually down to 77%. It will be 92-94 deg in a couple hrs, no problem.
My point is I am not getting crap accomplished in the last week and it sucks, because I dont get paid until the jobs are done, and often not then either. I have 2 pfs with no owners.
Mirco IJ repro set
IPB funhouse that I drilled and dimpled plus cleared.
The good news is tomorrow the humidity is suppose to go down so tuesday will be nice. That is if the cute hippy chick weather woman is correct. I have such a crush on her. They do the weather like every 6 minutes in the morning and I turn her on every morning. She always wears a dress. She is like 6 foot, and rather than the typical american "budweiser ad girl" twig, she is awesome!
so I may start a new pin thread on christina anthony. It appears she is currently married, but those marriages never work. Although I dont know if she is in to old bald, wrecked, geezer, pin-heads with plenty o baggage, but why not?
I guess I will watch for a restraining order soon
So this weather is making things a little slow, but I will be ready to rock soon as it cools off a bit.

thanks a lot. dumb question, but can they be hung sideways, or do they need to hang vertical? I'm thinking I may just use black post rubbers to insulate the screws and hang them on those through the existing playfield holes. I thought they would look cool if I hang my 6 or 7 sideways near the top of the wall behind the machines, so they aren't hidden by my pinball backboxes.

#1376 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

can they be hung sideways

Sure, hang 'em every which way but loose. One of my friends has a (partial) playfield drop ceiling, pretty sweet.

#1377 3 months ago

So every year a fella in the area named Mike shudell has an open house each night after the pin at the zoo. They canceled the show this year, but he was kind enough to still have his open house. I took my sister and she had a great time, and we are both blown away at how good mike set up his pinball play room. Its a dedicated pole barn, and as soon as you walk in its like a bar with a lot of pins (all perfect) but no drunks. He has a nice kitchen and bathroom, little office, living room, area that is open with bar stool/tables. Its so motivational for me to see where someone built his environment so custom for his needs. I am not sure what his wife does, but its no surprise to me at all that he is an engineer. I am sure that some people would react by being motivated to making money so they can have the good things in life, but for me, I was inspired to think of ways to customize and plan out my area to suit the life I want to live. I am also a big fan of mikes because he retired this year. He is not even gray yet! he has an easy 40 plus more years, and he is living the dream. he built his area, did his time in the coal mine, and got out with all 10 fingers and still looks pretty good. I see a lot of folks that by the time they are 55 they look like their body is 80 and their eyes have been dead 3 days. hell I am 53 and I feel like I am 90.
So anyway, a great inspiration to be proactive and live a good life.

#1378 3 months ago

Nice story. I’d love to see some pics of his polebarn gameroom. I aspire to have something like that someday with all my games.

#1379 3 months ago

I was thinking about it last night, if I had mikes place, I would run a blind pig 3 nights a week. Make some of that pinball money. convince a couple pretty girls to sit around and drink for free. I would be rich and in my element.... until I got shut down and everything seized... again.
Its funny, my mind wants to go back to being a functioning drunk-drug-addict, but my body aint havin it. no way!
next time around.

#1380 3 months ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Nice story. I’d love to see some pics of his polebarn gameroom. I aspire to have something like that someday with all my games.

It was nice to catch up with Ron again and hang out some! If you want to see pictures of the pole barn gameroom, you can click on my profile and look at the pictures I have there rather than cluttering up his thread. Those pictures are fairly recent.

#1381 3 months ago

I have a stars repro and a NOS scared stiff thatI drilled and dimpled and did a lot of paint work on (mostly because of the inserts were not level) that are block sanded and waiting for me to spend a day each, running that 13 amp milwaukee, beast of a polisher, over them. It going to be decided at the last minute ifit is yard/compound work or pf work. Since I only got one paycheck in the month of aug, I really need to point my self to the studio.
I will post some pics. Maybe I will remember the before pics. Its surprising how smooth the surface gets when you block from 500-3000 grit.
Once I get to 2000 grit wet, I have to clean and blow compressed air in all of the nooks to get out any dust. One grain of dust under 2000-3000 grit paper makes a mess of scratches, and I have to go back to 1500. Hand sanding each pf is my least fav task of my life besides the dentist and taxes. ok actually the older I get, I mind taxes less and less, now that I see they are a necessary part of this country where life is way better than almost all of the other countries I have been to. I just hear so many people cry out socialism evils when I pay almost 3 grand a year for public schools for kids I have never had. There was a guy on facebook that I lived next to when I was a kid posting about how everyone wants socialism because its a free ride for everything. well he was a dumb kid and is still a dumb adult who doesnt know the definition of socialism. of course he has 5 ugly kids in public school (masks are tyranny). He is on disability, and his parents are on social security. Thats stuff I am not concerned with. I guess I just want to be a victim martyr because I dont have kids and have to pay for public schools. Either that or i feel superior because I pay those taxes, because you have to pay your part. If his kids dont get an education, they are just going to steal my shit.

If you cant tell, I have revisited facebook. I vowed to stay away back in 2012 because every one was so full of crap about their perfect lives and even worse priceless, perfect, mutant kids. Now that I am single at this age, alone out in the woods with a old cat who wont mouse any more, I need any interaction I can find. It just has to be positive. I really lean on this thread, and appreciate the fellowship. So because of that, I will shut up about the hot button political crap and keep it pinball. usually I hit delete after I write my soap box rant. I am gonna post this one,not trying to persuade any one, but just to show that i find us all pretty lame.

These are my sisters pics. I forgot my new phone takes pics. she is crazy for pinball and NGG, AC/DC, and party zone are her fav games. She didnt take pics of the lounge because she didnt want people to feel uncomfortable, while chilling. There is a man bun in there, but I met him and he is super nice. I am just jealous I would wear one if I could

mikes (resized).jpgmikes pin palace (resized).jpgmikes2 (resized).jpgmikes3 (resized).jpgmikes4 (resized).jpg
#1382 3 months ago

Thats me playing pocket pinball

#1383 3 months ago

One last thing about mikes place. In the pic I am standing in front of his restored AFM (it has a alt translight that is super cool and I have never seen). I did that pf like 6 years ago and its still perfect. I dont see a dimple.
It was done with my old process. Now I do more, thinner coats, and I hand sand all of the edges, between every coat thoroughly, and allow more time between coats. Its a much better final product now, but I am glad to see that era is holding up as well as i could hope. His games get a lot of play from his get togethers I assume.

#1384 89 days ago

So I took some pics of this nos SS after wet blocking by hand to 3000 grit. On the next one I will take pics before the sand, to show a point. After I have laid down a beautiful coat of clear (the last one) it looks perfect but its not even close. as soon as I hit it with 500 grit you see the high points get dull, and then the spots that are low stay gloss. There is stuff that is super microscopic that I cant see until I block and polish back to high gloss. At that point the surface is almost perfect flat and polished out like a mirror, so it magnifies little issues you cant see when it was just sprayed and glossy.
In fact after I do the first sand of 500 grit I go over the surface with a magnifying glass to look for imperfections, and I still miss stuff.
Sometimes if I find an issue after polish I will re do an area, but as I go up in grits I feather the spot bigger so its 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 3000. so the spot it half the pf by the time I am at the last grit.
Most of the time i say screw it, and sand the whole thing down and try spraying again, but there can be a couple problems with that. If I all ready have the finish as thick as I want it, more coats start making the slits thinner, and the clear just too thick. Sometimes when i re do it, my new surface has issues new issues.

So my point is sometimes there is some micro imperfections that I decide to leave, and I give the customer 100 bucks off the service if it is something that is not going to show when installed, and you can only see if you hold the pof at a certain angle in the right light.

This pf came out perfect. Even though I do the same thing on all of them, they all turn out different.

On this SS all of the inserts had the hairline cracks around them, and this is one of those titles that has inserts under art that is not just a black circle or key line.
For example all of the Jackpot inserts needed the yellow border painted. the area in front of the crate where the sensor is always looks like crap so I painted that, all of the mode inserts needed paint as well as the big star in the center of the inserts has a round insert under it so you can see the cracks all around it. Same with the little lightning bolts above the flippers, I had to paint those because the insert cracks go right thru the orange and black. so I matched pretty much every color on this job. Plus drilled and dimpled it. also a chunk of wood was missing out of the bottom corner from someone dropping it no doubt or shipping.

NOS pfs dont age like wine... but they are so worth it. I set this next to a repro, and there is no doubt the NOS is superior. the art and print are way better, BUT you wouldnt know where unless you have them side by side.

here is what the pf looks like when I am done block sanding

20210905_124625 (resized).jpg20210905_124639 (resized).jpg20210905_124703 (resized).jpg
#1385 89 days ago

Here it is inside the studio complete and flawless as far as I can tell

20210906_124640 (resized).jpg20210906_124645 (resized).jpg20210906_124649 (resized).jpg20210906_124659 (resized).jpg20210906_124711 (resized).jpg20210906_124723 (resized).jpg
#1386 89 days ago

Here are some out door shots and a couple before shots

20210906_124832 (resized).jpg20210906_124844 (resized).jpg20210906_124917 (resized).jpg20210906_124926 (resized).jpg20210906_125151 (resized).jpgIMG_3024 (resized).JPGIMG_3025 (resized).JPGIMG_3026 (resized).JPG
#1387 89 days ago

What's the big idea leaving Elvira's pups all bundled up you could've let them breath a little more gotta love that so called art part of pinball

#1388 89 days ago

You block- sand to 3000 grit before your first coat of urethane? I used 800 before I tried mine. I hope that does not create issues later.

#1389 88 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

You block- sand to 3000 grit before your first coat of urethane? I used 800 before I tried mine. I hope that does not create issues later.

No. I block to 3000 before I polish. I use a much lower grit between coats

#1390 86 days ago

My power came on this morning. Its been off since tue at 5.15 pm. The downed line lie across my street tue and all day wed. A little car with the power company logo pulled in to my drive, and I yelled "what did you do?" she didnt get it but I asked where's the line guys and she told me lousiana and NJ making a buttload of money. She said we only have one crew, I think for the county. counties around here are 36 miles by 36 miles usually. so all my food got nasty, and I didnt have water the whole time, and boo hoo. I stayed busy cutting wood in the day time, but soon as it gets dark, with no woman, or even someone to talk to it gets quiet really fast!
I had the trees that were close to the house and barn cut back this spring (when I got the squirrils), and still a big oak snapped in half and would be thru my new roof if it didnt get caught up in a cherry tree. Now there is a widdow maker hanging there stressing me out. The tree guy that was pretty good this spring said he is way booked and call back in a month. Its so funny that the insurance company wont help until it falls on the roof and wrecks the place. Its going to cost me a mint and there will be no shade but I have to cut back all of the trees, all the way to worst case senerio distance. 3 are beautiful walnuts that are about 18 in wide which is too thin for laminate, and is going to be expensive fire wood.
We had 3 storms this summer that ripped up trees and power lines.I realize its way worse to the south and west, but this new climate means we are going to have to make big changes in stuff we take for granted.

On the pf front I have the Jungle lord and one of the stars ready to hand block 2000 and 3000 and then polish. I am thinking I may sand those and polish one of them. There are about 10 pfs with all of their coats, that are ready to sand and polish, so if you have one here watch for it.
From memory the titles that are ready to sand and polish are:
Iron man
stargazer
charlie and the choclate factory
JJ potc
popeye
BSD again
BK2K
GOTG
globe trotters
BH main not mini.
so watch for pics of your pf!!

#1391 86 days ago

All right, lets try this again. My power went out about 1 hr after I wrote my last post and stayed off until 6.09 am this morning. So another day of frustration. so half a day of work tue is what I have to show for this week so far, and I am getting pretty anxious. So if I seem a bit pissy with anyone, its nothing personal.
Oh tomorrow storms with a chance of damaging wind or hail.

#1392 85 days ago

Its funny or distracting when I find pics I forgot about. This is my dingo when i lived in the guest house.

rainey (resized).jpg
#1393 85 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

My power came on this morning. Its been off since tue at 5.15 pm. The downed line lie across my street tue and all day wed. A little car with the power company logo pulled in to my drive, and I yelled "what did you do?" she didnt get it but I asked where's the line guys and she told me lousiana and NJ making a buttload of money. She said we only have one crew, I think for the county. counties around here are 36 miles by 36 miles usually. so all my food got nasty, and I didnt have water the whole time, and boo hoo. I stayed busy cutting wood in the day time, but soon as it gets dark, with no woman, or even someone to talk to it gets quiet really fast!
I had the trees that were close to the house and barn cut back this spring (when I got the squirrils), and still a big oak snapped in half and would be thru my new roof if it didnt get caught up in a cherry tree. Now there is a widdow maker hanging there stressing me out. The tree guy that was pretty good this spring said he is way booked and call back in a month. Its so funny that the insurance company wont help until it falls on the roof and wrecks the place. Its going to cost me a mint and there will be no shade but I have to cut back all of the trees, all the way to worst case senerio distance. 3 are beautiful walnuts that are about 18 in wide which is too thin for laminate, and is going to be expensive fire wood.
We had 3 storms this summer that ripped up trees and power lines.I realize its way worse to the south and west, but this new climate means we are going to have to make big changes in stuff we take for granted.
On the pf front I have the Jungle lord and one of the stars ready to hand block 2000 and 3000 and then polish. I am thinking I may sand those and polish one of them. There are about 10 pfs with all of their coats, that are ready to sand and polish, so if you have one here watch for it.
Iron man
stargazer
JJ potc
popeye
BSD again
BK2K
GOTG
globe trotters
BH main not mini.

Hoping BK2K and StarGazer are mine!
Hope you get through the storms.

#1394 85 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

All right, lets try this again. My power went out about 1 hr after I wrote my last post and stayed off until 6.09 am this morning. So another day of frustration. so half a day of work tue is what I have to show for this week so far, and I am getting pretty anxious. So if I seem a bit pissy with anyone, its nothing personal.
Oh tomorrow storms with a chance of damaging wind or hail.

I would not put up with that. Hop in your vehicle and drive 20 minutes to your costco and get a generator. You can get a nice one for like $700.

I finally broke down and bought one when we had a freak CA snowstorm that downed trees all over the city and knocked out power for 2 days citywide a few years ago. First time that happened in like 50 years here. That big generator was enough to run our fridge, freezer and charge ipads/phones/etc, which was enough. I had at least $700 in meat and other frozen stuff in the freezer, so it paid for itself that first use. The only thing that was a drag is you have to leave it outside (so you don't die from carbon monoxide) and run extension cords to what you need to keep powered. But a small price to pay.

#1395 84 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would not put up with that. Hop in your vehicle and drive 20 minutes to your costco and get a generator. You can get a nice one for like $700.
I finally broke down and bought one when we had a freak CA snowstorm that downed trees all over the city and knocked out power for 2 days citywide a few years ago. First time that happened in like 50 years here. That big generator was enough to run our fridge, freezer and charge ipads/phones/etc, which was enough. I had at least $700 in meat and other frozen stuff in the freezer, so it paid for itself that first use. The only thing that was a drag is you have to leave it outside (so you don't die from carbon monoxide) and run extension cords to what you need to keep powered. But a small price to pay.

I actually have a nice big one. The last time i needed it was about 4 years ago, andI didnt run the carb dry, and the crappy gasoline clogged the carburetor. I am going to find out if I can get a new carb for it. The other prob with that thing is its a pull start, and with 3 fused disks in my back, its hard for me to pull start a 10 hp motor. I found i can in the summer, but in the winter I just take the extra time to spray some either in the carb to start it. Now everything in the carb is varnished, gummed and plugged.

You know how you are suppose to change your smoke detector batteries on NYE. Also make sure your generator is in proper working order, because once the power goes out lowes sells out in an hour.
I dont know if that gas treatment is good enough to last a couple years, but if you dont have a fuel shut off, you are way better off letting it run dry before putting it away. good ol hind sight. gotta love it

#1396 84 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

The other prob with that thing is its a pull start, and with 3 fused disks in my back, its hard for me to pull start a 10 hp motor.

Costco has a number of pushbutton start inverter generators. Might be time to upgrade if your local one carries it. Looks like 3500W is the biggest inverter type they carry, but that should be enough...

#1397 84 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Costco has a number of pushbutton start inverter generators. Might be time to upgrade if your local one carries it. Looks like 3500W is the biggest inverter type they carry, but that should be enough...

I will take a look, the one requirement is the water pump requires a big start up voltage. I had one gen that couldnt start it. If I can get one with a battery and trickle charger on that, I would be set.
I am having all of my trees cut that can hit a building even the beautiful walnuts. I need to find someone who buys standing walnut. I didnt want to sell them before because of the shade, but now I see them as a liability. its a bummer but this weather crap is just going to get worse. we know it wont get better!
I just have to shift some priorities. Now I really wish I would have had the money for the metal roof.

#1398 84 days ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just have to shift some priorities. Now I really wish I would have had the money for the metal roof.

Yeah, metal roofs are spendy. We just replaced our roof with premium comp shingles and it was like 30k. Metal roof would have been even more.

The biggest tree problem we have in this area is oak. There is a LOT of huge old-growth oak and much of it was weak or hollow and that big freak snowstorm took a lot of them down - across roads, through roofs, downing power lines, it was a mess. Fortunately our subdivision is newer so all the power is buried and there are no large oaks (they cleared the lots - oaks suck for grass, anyway), but the second you drove out of our enclave it was a disaster after that storm. Once I saw how bad it was, I turned right back around and went home until the city got things moving again and it was safer to be out.

#1399 84 days ago

Harlem is mine!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from kruzman:

I had the trees that were close to the house and barn cut back this spring (when I got the squirrils), and still a big oak snapped in half and would be thru my new roof if it didnt get caught up in a cherry
tree. Now there is a widdow maker hanging there stressing me out. The tree guy that was pretty good this spring said he is way booked and call back in a month. Its so funny that the insurance company wont help until it falls on the roof and wrecks the place. Its going to cost me a mint and there will be no shade but I have to cut back all of the trees, all the way to worst case senerio distance. 3 are beautiful walnuts that are about 18 in wide which is too thin for laminate, and is going to be expensive fire wood.
Iron man
stargazer
JJ potc
popeye
BSD again
BK2K
GOTG
globe trotters
BH main not mini.

#1400 84 days ago

I now have a NOS space shuttle pf in stock. it has a little planking that will be fixed by clearing.
here is something I didnt know they did 2 runs of space shuttle first in 12/84 production of 7000
then in 2/85 another 620
But my pf is dated 4/1987.
Maybe they did another run to go with space station in 12/87
I have found pfs are usually dated up to 6 months before production of the game was recorded.
does anyone know if there is a story behind this?
I will take pics tomorrow when the sun is up. the inserts are very nice and its drilled and dimpled, so I have no idea whats up with this pf

There are 1,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside