Topic Stats

• 4,444 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 41 votes
    53%
  • reproduction pf 8 votes
    10%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 29 votes
    37%

(78 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1113 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_1114 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_1112 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_1111 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_1110 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
20240325_123739 (resized).jpg
20240325_123729 (resized).jpg
20240325_130328 (resized).jpg
20240325_130312 (resized).jpg
20240325_130300 (resized).jpg
20240325_130236 (resized).jpg
20240325_130218 (resized).jpg
20240325_130213 (resized).jpg
20240325_130203 (resized).jpg
20240325_130143 (resized).jpg
20240325_130119 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

^that is one beautiful playfield when cleared. Colors really pop and stand out. It’s gonna be super fast too.

Quoted from Gort:

Wow! that's beautiful! Ballypalooza is right. It's going to be fast! Mata Hari was my first pin. Now I'm kind of missing it!

Thanks guys. I’m debating if I want to do the swap myself. I’ve never done one. I don’t want to mess it up!

#802 3 years ago

If you do decide to do it yourself double check all nail spots - repro PF makers aren't 100% accurate on where the divots are.

#803 3 years ago

I've done one. A Eight Ball Deluxe. All I can say is pictures, pictures, pictures! And more pictures! And work on it every day! I made a home made rotisserie too. That's a must. There's a guy on here that sells them for a good price.

#804 3 years ago

I have heard a lot of nightmare stories from the early production cpr or IPB repros. I would really give them a good look over, or make sure they were done recently.
Here is a complete FUNHOUSE that I thought was nos for most of the time I was doing it. Its an IPB and I should have figured that out from all of the inserts I had to paint. pretty much every triangle insert. The only inserts I didnt have to paint were the clock inserts, and that is usually the biggest problem. I really like how this came out. I do such thin coats now, I decided to add 4 to this pf to get it where I like it.
Dont misunderstand me, I dont like globby thick clear, not at all. For me there is a range where it looks right, and they differ on each maker and title.
anyway I will get to the pics since that all everyone wants anyhoo. also I drilled and dimpled this. I think that is why I thought it was nos.

So after I took the pics and came back to the house to post, I saw there is a piece of plastic from the micro fiber towells package on the Blue S insert. The static was holding it on the pf. I couldnt see anything when taking the pics because it was too bright out. duhhh!

IMG_1973 (resized).JPGIMG_1973 (resized).JPGIMG_1974 (resized).JPGIMG_1974 (resized).JPGIMG_1975 (resized).JPGIMG_1975 (resized).JPGIMG_1976 (resized).JPGIMG_1976 (resized).JPGIMG_1977 (resized).JPGIMG_1977 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1979 (resized).JPGIMG_1979 (resized).JPGIMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1981 (resized).JPGIMG_1981 (resized).JPGIMG_1982 (resized).JPGIMG_1982 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1986 (resized).JPGIMG_1986 (resized).JPG
#805 3 years ago

Here is some work that has to be done on a centaur. not much I can do for the red lettering that is outside the outlines.
If you have never owned this game, The rules are way more complicated than you would think. I am glad I had Dayhuff show me how to play or I would have never figured it out. I think its the best game of the era, and there are stiff competition.

IMG_1963 (resized).JPGIMG_1963 (resized).JPGIMG_1964 (resized).JPGIMG_1964 (resized).JPGIMG_1965 (resized).JPGIMG_1965 (resized).JPGIMG_1966 (resized).JPGIMG_1966 (resized).JPGIMG_1967 (resized).JPGIMG_1967 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1971 (resized).JPGIMG_1971 (resized).JPGIMG_1972 (resized).JPGIMG_1972 (resized).JPG
#806 3 years ago

WOW that red lettering is HORRIBLE. Looks like someone used crayons. Misalignment city on that playfield.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Here is some work that has to be done on a centaur. not much I can do for the red lettering that is outside the outlines.
If you have never owned this game, The rules are way more complicated than you would think. I am glad I had Dayhuff show me how to play or I would have never figured it out. I think its the best game of the era, and there are stiff competition.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I always felt that playfields that require precision placement of inserts and screens should have two
intermediate screens made in a lower color grey...
One for the plastic insert lenses, and one for the color screens that are between the first
primary white screen and the final key line screen.
Then and only then, do the final holes and small markings.

#808 3 years ago

So That red text made me laugh when I first saw it, Because...
I basically spent 25 years of my life in a bar. I eventually started working nights at one because I was there every night anyway. That red made me think of a girl I knew named Liz who went on a total 3 week binge. Almost died, ended up in a looney bin, got her crap together and happy ending. When she came in the bar with the bright red lipstick all over her mouth, I know it was going to be interesting. Maybe she put it on without a mirror, maybe she did it on purpose, I dont know, but the image is burned in my hard drive. So that text made me think of Crazy Liz when she went on her bender and went nuts.
I am soo thankful I didnt "get involved" wow.

#809 3 years ago

2 more jobs complete.

IMG_1990 (resized).JPGIMG_1990 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1995 (resized).JPGIMG_1995 (resized).JPGIMG_1996 (resized).JPGIMG_1996 (resized).JPGIMG_1997 (resized).JPGIMG_1997 (resized).JPGIMG_1998 (resized).JPGIMG_1998 (resized).JPG
#810 3 years ago

There are some before pics of that firepower a couple pages back.
Here is a nos creech that needed to be drilled and dimpled, and some insert paint

IMG_2002 (resized).JPGIMG_2002 (resized).JPGIMG_2004 (resized).JPGIMG_2004 (resized).JPGIMG_2005 (resized).JPGIMG_2005 (resized).JPGIMG_2006 (resized).JPGIMG_2006 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2009 (resized).JPGIMG_2009 (resized).JPGIMG_2010 (resized).JPGIMG_2010 (resized).JPG
#811 3 years ago

Will the owned of that NOS creech drop me a line.

I usually glue the inserts on any pf made before 1985 or so. Lately I am thinking it may be good insurance to glue the inserts on the sy 11 and early dmd pfs. They are creeping up on 30 years, and it would look horrible if an insert came loose and started pulling from the clear that I spent sooo much time on and the customer spent so much money on. I realize there has to be a budget, but if it is affordable the 100 bucks may be good insurance.
The creech made me think of this.

Different situation, but one thing that is a fact, is the inserts on repro pfs develop cracks around them much more often and sooner than nos.

The studio has a lot of jobs in line. usually a job takes 3 months. This is because of the time waiting for the coats to cure. Now I am busy enough that it may be an extra month or so. If time is not an issue, than sending pfs here is no problem, please do. If time is very important, it may be best to wait a couple months until I get caught up. I have found most people who send them are in no hurry at all.

Thanks again for all of the support to make this a reality

#812 3 years ago

Wow that CFTBL is freaking beautiful!

#813 3 years ago

Here are some pic sof the creech when i got the diamond plate stripped off. the inserts under the movie reels are always off, and even when I try not to get in to them, its impossible.

IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPG
#814 3 years ago

If you click and blow up the pics you can see the fact that all of the edges are hand sanded and its as flat as its gonna get. It was not as bad as the firepower, but its important to sand the grain down. The clear will get rid of the high and low points, but it will magnify the look.

#815 3 years ago

I took some pics today while working on this really nice nos joker poker. It had an odd finish. there was no gloss to it and I could feel the depth of the different colors on top of each other, especially the black. I sanded a little test area, and it did have lacquer on it, just super thin. so once i go over it with the block with some 600 grit on it, it shows the un-eveness and grain, as well as the height of the color.
when I sand an area that has black ink that borders the bare wood, the height difference of the black makes for an area, right before the black starts where its hard to sand the lacquer without taking out the black ink. Also around inserts with the black keyline.

so the first pic is how it looked before, then the second pic is when I do a little sanding, same with the next 2 pics

the last 3 pics show how I have to put the pf in a well lit area and find the angle to locate the areas that still need to be sanded.

someone who has no skills would have cleared it as is. An auto body painter would have dust coated it then coated it. Both ways do not have the mechanical bond necessary to bounce a heavy ball around on a softer slab of plywood. Its not going to last . especiallt since the NOS lacquer is all crackled and alligatored if you look at it with a mag glass.

IMG_2023 (resized).JPGIMG_2023 (resized).JPGIMG_2024 (resized).JPGIMG_2024 (resized).JPGIMG_2025 (resized).JPGIMG_2025 (resized).JPGIMG_2026 (resized).JPGIMG_2026 (resized).JPGIMG_2034 (resized).JPGIMG_2034 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2036 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPGIMG_2037 (resized).JPG
#816 3 years ago

Here are some pics of a SS repro that I have allready applied 2 or 4 coats, and I have to spend more than an hour to prep for the next coats. I have allready da sanded. Now to hand sand all of the edgesof the cut outs and holes, and the edges of the pf it self. if I didnt and while being moved somewhere the corner edge knocked in to something the clear would chip off or lift and be crap. I have to sand the recess area for the ramp lips and all of the t nut depressions. as well as the rails that lead to the flippers, and of course the shooter lane.
This is my least favorite part of the process. I have to do this between each set of 2 coats which means 5 or 6 times plus the first.
Plus DA sanding before the hand sanding, and dont forget sanding and sealing the back. its about one to one and a half hours to do all of the sanding each set of 2 coats. sucks.

I use light and angle to find where I have missed and low points

IMG_2040 (resized).JPGIMG_2040 (resized).JPGIMG_2041 (resized).JPGIMG_2041 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2043 (resized).JPGIMG_2043 (resized).JPGIMG_2044 (resized).JPGIMG_2044 (resized).JPGIMG_2045 (resized).JPGIMG_2045 (resized).JPGIMG_2046 (resized).JPGIMG_2046 (resized).JPGIMG_2047 (resized).JPGIMG_2047 (resized).JPG
#817 3 years ago

Odd question, Ron.
You must go through a TON of sandpaper.
What brand do you use and where do you buy?

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

It had an odd finish. there was no gloss to it and I could feel the depth of the different colors on top of each other, especially the black.

Interesting!
My prototype WCS and TZ playfields are like this.

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting!
My prototype WCS and TZ playfields are like this.

I think its a proto type thing where they screen a coat of some thing to protect the ink and make it "water proof" either lacquer or poly on the later models. Not positive but on wades repros, the early stuff he did seems like his last screen was a coat of clear. super thin.

I only use norton blue sand paper. its about 1.20 a 6 in disk!! and yes I go thru about 15 disks per job sometimes more. sucks!!!!

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Thanks guys. I’m debating if I want to do the swap myself. I’ve never done one. I don’t want to mess it up!

Take lots of pix, go slow... the biggest thing that helped me on my first and every swap thereafter was to mark the ground braid with a marker... make sure you cover every path. That way when you slide everything over it all makes sense... photos still help so take tons, at different angles... I think I took about 100 before I started disassembling.

Go for it!!!

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Take lots of pix, go slow... the biggest thing that helped me on my first and every swap thereafter was to mark the ground braid with a marker... make sure you cover every path. That way when you slide everything over it all makes sense... photos still help so take tons, at different angles... I think I took about 100 before I started disassembling.
Go for it!!!

Just to clarify, do you mean trace the ground braid on the old playfield?

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I am pretty sure that is exactly what he means.
when I did a mousin around I covered my bases by picking up a populated pf while I was buying parts over a year. so I had the populated donar pf, the new bare pf and the populated pf for reference. I can never make it too easy.
If I were retired, that all I would do is restore games. I know its never gonna happen but cant a girl dream?

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I think its a proto type thing where they screen a coat of some thing to protect the ink and make it "water proof" either lacquer or poly on the later models. Not positive but on wades repros, the early stuff he did seems like his last screen was a coat of clear. super thin.
I only use norton blue sand paper. its about 1.20 a 6 in disk!! and yes I go thru about 15 disks per job sometimes more. sucks!!!!

Interesting. Still want to send these two protos to you to clear and protect. Just gotta wait until I can afford it.
Frankly, I want to hear your thoughts and comments on both of them as you take care of them!

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. Still want to send these two protos to you to clear and protect. Just gotta wait until I can afford it.
Frankly, I want to hear your thoughts and comments on both of them as you take care of them!

Ikniow you are pretty good at finding the where's waldo stuff. if the tz a 3 mag? I am not sure if I have seen a proto wcs but I love how that pf looks when I am done with it. the colors of that pf and inserts are great. Plus that girl!!!!!!

I really like that people are starting to paint the pf rails different colors depending on the colors of the pf. the white rails on centaur are so cool.

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am pretty sure that is exactly what he means.
when I did a mousin around I covered my bases by picking up a populated pf while I was buying parts over a year. so I had the populated donar pf, the new bare pf and the populated pf for reference. I can never make it too easy.
If I were retired, that all I would do is restore games. I know its never gonna happen but cant a girl dream?

Thanks Ron. I wish I had the talent to restore games. I’ll be happy just to get this swap done without screwing it’s up!

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Ikniow you are pretty good at finding the where's waldo stuff. if the tz a 3 mag? I am not sure if I have seen a proto wcs but I love how that pf looks when I am done with it. the colors of that pf and inserts are great. Plus that girl!!!!!!
I really like that people are starting to paint the pf rails different colors depending on the colors of the pf. the white rails on centaur are so cool.

I got distracted, what I meant by where's waldo, is the difference between the proto and the production,. I was all excited when I got a sttng proto (this was 10 years ago, and it had a ball hole for the neutral zone that was huge. There was no way it could be used in a reg game. had a couple different insert names also. It was cool either way. traded it for a game called Striker (sys 80- ) that I wish soo bad I had now.

#827 3 years ago

I picked up a really nice cleared Transformers LE pf. (nos) Very cool pf.
It wont be on the website for a while so I figured I would post it here in case anyone on pinside would like it

IMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2049 (resized).JPGIMG_2049 (resized).JPG
#828 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I got distracted, what I meant by where's waldo, is the difference between the proto and the production,. I was all excited when I got a sttng proto (this was 10 years ago, and it had a ball hole for the neutral zone that was huge. There was no way it could be used in a reg game. had a couple different insert names also. It was cool either way. traded it for a game called Striker (sys 80- ) that I wish soo bad I had now.

I figured that's what you meant.
I know, what I believe to be all the differences in the TZ proto/sample/production. Including CNC cuts and such. But I would be really interested for you to go through it and see what all you can find that varies. SOme are obvious ("Jackpot" instead of "Camera". No "Clock Millions" center target, and so on..) but some aren't - a certain post moved. Slight color/screen changes, etc.

For the WCS, I've operated those games, but never owned one, so I know some of the basic differences, but certainly not all.

The TZ one won't ever go into a game, because of hardware/art differences. However, the WCS one, I likely will install in a game, once I add that game to my collection.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

yep!

#830 3 years ago

So I need some in put on this question. I mentioned that STTNG's proto pf is basically useless for being installed because of the neutral zone hole. so here is my question. starting with Funhouse which is the beginning of dmd (for me), what bally williams pf's have different proto pfs compared to the production, and if so, can they be installed, or not.

for example. with TZ there is the extra mag, and they have a kit to install that. are the other differences close enough that it can be installed?

what proto pf titles are going to give me problems. I am thinking of collecting prototypes.

FH has some differences like an extra target? does this make that pf un-installable?
I do know we put a manon the moon, and with a pry bar we can make any pf work if we want to. I mean without changing up a lot of stuff.

#831 3 years ago

If you watch the promo video for ST:TNG you can see the playfield in the game has the huge cut-out for the neutral zone; it appears they stuck in a piece of black-painted wood there cut to match the production playfield layout.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

for example. with TZ there is the extra mag, and they have a kit to install that. are the other differences close enough that it can be installed?

TZ Prototype, not without some serious wood work.
TZ Sample, yes.

Prototype had too many other differences under the field that would cause issues without some serious wood-working. The Lock area was changed, as was the mounting and shape/cutouts for the Piano Scoop and Clock mount. The Clock millions insert and target is completely missing. No holes to mount them. The plastic that's against the wood rail next to the pop bumpers was moved/size changed, so things won't fit there without drilling new holes. (I'm ignoring all the artwork differences at this time.)

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

TZ Prototype, not without some serious wood work.
TZ Sample, yes.
Prototype had too many other differences under the field that would cause issues without some serious wood-working. The Lock area was changed, as was the mounting and shape/cutouts for the Piano Scoop and Clock mount. The Clock millions insert and target is completely missing. No holes to mount them. The plastic that's against the wood rail next to the pop bumpers was moved/size changed, so things won't fit there without drilling new holes. (I'm ignoring all the artwork differences at this time.)

good info!

#834 3 years ago

Forgot to add that the post holes around the Rocket kicker were all moved around as well, requireing new holes to be drilled. (Interesting fact! Know why the Rocket plastic extends out so far? Because the plastic was never reshaped when the new post locations were designed. The tip of the plastic used to have a hole to secure to a post..!)

#835 3 years ago

I just received my cleared Firepower playfield back from Ron. Simply amazing!!!

The playfield looked nice when I received in in late April 2020, before I set it aside for 5 months to cure. When I pulled it out in Fall 2020, I was horrified to see the degradation that had occurred. It looked like the original clear was sinking irregularly into the grain of the wood or that someone had dragged a thick bristle brush over the clear when it was still tacky (see pics below). The manufacturer told me sorry, but that is normal and there is always variation with wood products. The rep advised me to just go ahead and install and play it. No way I was installing that and I reluctantly contacted Ron and turned it over to him. When I inspected the job Ron did, I felt like one of "victims" in the car show Overhaulin': "Is that really my car?"

I still wonder if Ron didn't slyly substitute a nice playfield in place of the mess that I shipped him! Amazing work.

Firepower1 (resized).JPGFirepower1 (resized).JPGFirepower4 (resized).JPGFirepower4 (resized).JPG
#836 3 years ago

Keep the pics coming. I’m sure it drool worthy.

#837 3 years ago

Ron posted photos of my finished playfield in post #809. Below are a few more.

IMG_1422 (resized).JPGIMG_1422 (resized).JPGIMG_1424-2 (resized).JPGIMG_1424-2 (resized).JPGIMG_1426 (resized).JPGIMG_1426 (resized).JPGIMG_1430 (resized).JPGIMG_1430 (resized).JPG
#838 3 years ago

I still wonder if Ron didn't slyly substitute a nice playfield in place of the mess that I shipped him! Amazing work.

That sentence made me laugh and actually chased my blues away because there is some truth in a job I did like 8 years ago. It could be more or less, I am loosing the years.
Back when I was still restoring, I was doing a job for one of the "original gangster" pinball restorers on the east coast. It was my first job for him. From what I remember I accepted the job on a deadline, or one came up I dont remember. It was a AFM resto, and when it got here, I gave it a good look over and I had a couple used AFM pfs that were in better shape. So I used one of mine to save me a couple days work.
I am horrible at deadlines, especially since in theory, as it pertains to my job, they just dont apply. Its all done when its done, and there it is.

So as the deadline got closer and closer, it was a matter of doing less perfection so that the job would be done 4 days earlier. In my mind it makes no sense to suck up the job for 3 or 4 days or a week for that matter. What I didnt realize was the customer was going to take it to a show to sell it, and it sounded like if he cant take it to the show it wont sell. (maybe he wanted people to see the quality that is hard to describe in a for sale post).
It came to a phone call, where I let him vent about his disappointment, and loss. I just listened and was very empathetic but after 45 minutes of getting humbly drilled, I finally said, something like, "you are just repeating your self. I know I screwed the pooch".
Come to find out he had a feeling I wouldnt make the deadline and bought a repro or nos pf and had it installed, and I think was mostly worried about the money that was going to be wasted on my job. (this was the first job I did for him). So I said. I have your original pf right here untouched. I will pay for shipping no problem. Rather than being relived, he was convinced I was pulling some shady crap on him, and said he couldnt understand why I would switch his pf with a nicer one. to me it made all kinds of sense. If I start with a nicer pf I will have a nicer finished pf. I had 4 or 5 used afm's and not only less work, a nicer finished pf, but faster. whatever. I am a crooked pf restorer I guess. I totally understand him being skeptic. There are so many rip offs in pinball, and he didnt know me well enough to know that if I am going to hurt someone it would never be for money. I really look down on people who will screw anyone for a buck, when they all ready have plenty! Its like ,money is so unobtainable here is my chance to make it big, one last job and I am out. ha I learned a bunch of lessons from that job. Most of the time when I have bought a game, and I get home and there are a bunch of hidden surprises that were never mentioned, the seller had a sweet crib, always a nicer pin collection, and a job making lots.

In the end, it worked out really good for me, and not too bad for the customer, I am guessing, since he got the repro installed and his old pf back. I was able to sell the completed AFM pf within 24 hours of completion for a lot more than I would have made on the resto. The customer is well known, and didnt get on the computer and trash me out or anything. He always seemed cool before I worked for him, and I had no issue with him, and I have never held any bad feelings for him. No idea what he feels for me, he rheemed me out for 45 min, but I understand. So I learned years ago about swapping pfs, or trying to do favors in business, and not taking on other peoples deadlines, I have too many of my own. That was the job that I decided that I will not guarantee a date or even give one. Right now there 37 jobs in the studio!! about half of them have some surprise that is going to take more time, it adds up. Not to mention, I have to answer all of the emails about jobs and pfs for sale, or questions about installing or whatever. Packing and shipping, maintaining the studio, cutting firewood for heat, getting materials, billing and receiving, plowing and shoveling/cutting grass, looking for pfs for customers and to sell. Once in a while I like to eat also. poor poor pitiful me

I didnt realize how long it would take to tell that story, maybe I will swap out some pfs tomake up for the lost time.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I didnt realize how long it would take to tell that story, maybe I will swap out some pfs to make up for the lost time.

Great story mate - love the last line lol (old habits are hard to change, eh?? haha)

Such a great thread, there always something going on, PFs to drool over, tips to learn, fun facts or stories to be told - thanks Ron!!

#840 3 years ago

Wow what a day today. I got a call from a guy whos dad was a production engineer linc smith, and bally williams. He had one pf of each one he set up the cnc for. I bought all of them except 4 that I couldn't pry from him, IJ, rfm, ww, and Jonnie M.
Here is what I got. Everything is nos. 2 have a little moisture damage just down at the bottom. Only a couple are dimpled. come to find out dimpling was done at the production facility, not by the people that made the pfs. I havent priced these, I still want to do a final inspection and clean them up a bit. Most will be for sale.
I reserved a rental van for the 400 mile trip, and when I got to enterprise, I was denied because my license expired in February. Here in mich there are very many cars with no license plates, on account of the DMV is closed except for reservations. The cops dont bother because people cant get in to the dmv. I do have a reservation to wait in line in a week and a half, to get my license renewed. Since it has been 8 years they want a new pic.
So, I used 2.5 tanks of diesel fuel, to drive a 1997 F250 with a 7.3 liter turbo diesel. The mechanic told me its the same International motor they use in school buses. I absolutely love the truck (the truck is named Doug. its beige 2 tone, plus rust. perfect Doug)but the longest trip I have even made was 45 miles each way.
My tail gate fell off and was hanging by one of the cables on each side, bouncing off the highway. I got over 3 lanes before it completely fell off. It was on the 80-94 going thru Hammond IN. It couldnt have been a worse place. strike that. the Mackinaw Bridge could have been worse.
So heres the haul of pfs! All are t nutted. One of the services I provide is dimpling, so it can done by me or you or the installer
Scared Stiff
NBA
Fish Tales main pf only I have used mini pfs
corvette
Hurricane
BS Dracula dimpled
Jackbot
Dr Who
Who dunnit
Congo dimpled I think
Indy 500
Funhouse dimpled
No Fear
WCS
Addams family (may be gold eddition)
Twilight Zone 3 mag
Road Show
Creech (light pink)
Theatre of magic
Champ pub
Shadow
Tales of arab nights
Attack from mars
STTNG proto with large neutral zone hole
demo man
Judge dread
SW episode 1

#841 3 years ago

Scared Stiff interest here when you get a chance. J

#842 3 years ago

Able to save Doug's tailgate?

#843 3 years ago

I have interest in the who dunnit and Tales of Arab nights. let me know

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Wow what a day today. I got a call from a guy whos dad was a production engineer linc smith, and bally williams. He had one pf of each one he set up the cnc for. I bought all of them except 4 that I couldn't pry from him, IJ, rfm, ww, and Jonnie M.
Here is what I got. Everything is nos. 2 have a little moisture damage just down at the bottom. Only a couple are dimpled. come to find out dimpling was done at the production facility, not by the people that made the pfs. I havent priced these, I still want to do a final inspection and clean them up a bit. Most will be for sale.
I reserved a rental van for the 400 mile trip, and when I got to enterprise, I was denied because my license expired in February. Here in mich there are very many cars with no license plates, on account of the DMV is closed except for reservations. The cops dont bother because people cant get in to the dmv. I do have a reservation to wait in line in a week and a half, to get my license renewed. Since it has been 8 years they want a new pic.
So, I used 2.5 tanks of diesel fuel, to drive a 1997 F250 with a 7.3 liter turbo diesel. The mechanic told me its the same International motor they use in school buses. I absolutely love the truck (the truck is named Doug. its beige 2 tone, plus rust. perfect Doug)but the longest trip I have even made was 45 miles each way.
My tail gate fell off and was hanging by one of the cables on each side, bouncing off the highway. I got over 3 lanes before it completely fell off. It was on the 80-94 going thru Hammond IN. It couldnt have been a worse place. strike that. the Mackinaw Bridge could have been worse.
So heres the haul of pfs! All are t nutted. One of the services I provide is dimpling, so it can done by me or you or the installer
Scared Stiff
NBA
Fish Tales main pf only I have used mini pfs
corvette
Hurricane
BS Dracula dimpled
Jackbot
Dr Who
Who dunnit
Congo dimpled I think
Indy 500
Funhouse dimpled
No Fear
WCS
Addams family (may be gold eddition)
Twilight Zone 3 mag
Road Show
Creech (light pink)
Theatre of magic
Champ pub
Shadow
Tales of arab nights
Attack from mars
STTNG proto with large neutral zone hole
demo man
Judge dread
SW episode 1

Wow - what a haul! Nice one!

How good are you at restoring tailgates??

#845 3 years ago

As for doug's tail-gate

I am going to try to pound it out today. I got a new oil leak too. This is a funny tidbit of info for you all out there. Guess how much oil that motor (7.3 liter FLOWERSTROKE, which is an international) takes? 15 qts.!!! You have to lift a 5 gal bucket up under the hood!!! Doug is a bad mamebajamma. He is just a bit drippy.

I got all of the nos pfs in the empty guest cabin. I am going to wipe them down and take pics of each, and I will send them to tommy to get up on the web site. I will post a couple of the nice ones here, or anything interesting, like the STTNG proto. I really love the original pfs. Thank god for repros. When I first started doing pfs for a living the only repros were the handful that Gene did. Everything else was restore or nos if you wanted to fix up a game.
I just really dig original stuff. I am inspired by my friend who spent a couple days restoring a generator/stator for one of his pre war Harley's. He is doing a servibike for his daughter (my girlfriend). He told me that a repro part is very available, but since it is, he looks at that as insurance if all else fails. If you think NOS pfs are expensive, you should see the prices of NOS Harley electrical parts. wowza. It makes me think of the pile of treasure folks like mike pacek are sitting on. That guys pinball life would make a great book.

By the way my website is pinballplayfieldskruzman.com Thank you tommy

#846 3 years ago

I am trying to figure out weather inside or outside is best. here is a taste of the first one.
I love it when the inserts are so flat, I can feel the black ink outlines more than the inserts when I run my hand across it.

IMG_2050 (resized).JPGIMG_2050 (resized).JPGIMG_2051 (resized).JPGIMG_2051 (resized).JPGIMG_2052 (resized).JPGIMG_2052 (resized).JPGIMG_2053 (resized).JPGIMG_2053 (resized).JPGIMG_2054 (resized).JPGIMG_2054 (resized).JPGIMG_2055 (resized).JPGIMG_2055 (resized).JPGIMG_2056 (resized).JPGIMG_2056 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2060 (resized).JPGIMG_2060 (resized).JPG
#847 3 years ago

So every pf has 20 years of dust on it, and plenty of spider webs in the holes. all have mylar, and when you see an area that looks messed up, it the mylar. I am making sure to take pics of issues and so far nothing.

IMG_2073 (resized).JPGIMG_2073 (resized).JPGIMG_2074 (resized).JPGIMG_2074 (resized).JPGIMG_2075 (resized).JPGIMG_2075 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2078 (resized).JPGIMG_2078 (resized).JPGIMG_2079 (resized).JPGIMG_2079 (resized).JPGIMG_2081 (resized).JPGIMG_2081 (resized).JPGIMG_2083 (resized).JPGIMG_2083 (resized).JPGIMG_2085 (resized).JPGIMG_2085 (resized).JPG
#848 3 years ago

One more. This is the only one dimpled of the 10 I have cleaned and photographed. dimpling is not a biggie, lately a majority of the nos pfs that come thru here need to be dimpled.

IMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2185 (resized).JPGIMG_2185 (resized).JPGIMG_2186 (resized).JPGIMG_2186 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2189 (resized).JPGIMG_2189 (resized).JPGIMG_2190 (resized).JPGIMG_2190 (resized).JPGIMG_2191 (resized).JPGIMG_2191 (resized).JPGIMG_2192 (resized).JPGIMG_2192 (resized).JPGIMG_2193 (resized).JPGIMG_2193 (resized).JPGIMG_2194 (resized).JPGIMG_2194 (resized).JPGIMG_2196 (resized).JPGIMG_2196 (resized).JPG
#849 3 years ago

Wow. How about some more? Can't get enough!

#850 3 years ago

Upvoted because of the picture of your furry helper inspecting the playfields.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/17?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.